Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeOn the job: OOC Chat - Page 4 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

On the job: OOC Chat

Go down 
+6
outpost_2
Gala
Sly Hound
PresentPresence
Larzarus
Kesslan
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
PresentPresence
Team Leader
Team Leader
PresentPresence

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2010-07-31

Character sheet
Character Name: яөъөсөр
Race: Human After All
Sex: French

On the job: OOC Chat - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 7:59 pm

I apologize for my posting tardiness. A surprise family visit for my graduation kept me pretty preoccupied.

Visual Perception: 5 hits

As for the Audio Perception Test, I am not sure how to handle it. What modifiers am I experiencing? Does listening through the door provide a negative modifier? Does my helmet technique negate the modifier? You could roll for it if you like: Intuition 3 + Perception 3 +/- relevant modifiers. Also, do you need me to make an Infiltration roll for "stepping quietly" on the roof?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 10:35 pm

BTW Present. 2 notes. A) You cant see the watcher, they cant manifest in the physical world and as far as I'm aware you cant perceive in the astral. B) Your radio wouldn't work cause of the jamming.

The rest i'll address later. Just got home from a friends bday party and I have work in a few hours. I'll try to get another gm post up in the near future though with updated maps.
Back to top Go down
PresentPresence
Team Leader
Team Leader
PresentPresence

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2010-07-31

Character sheet
Character Name: яөъөсөр
Race: Human After All
Sex: French

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 10:56 pm

Actually, Watcher Spirits can manifest themselves on the physical plane; they cannot materialize, however. Check SR4A pages 189 and 193. I'll edit the IC post when I get the results from the rolls to fit the information received and the radio static. It was pretty difficult to keep the narration of his actions in whatever weird tense I was using. Probably involved a participle or something. confused
Back to top Go down
Larzarus
Runner
Runner
Larzarus

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2011-05-11

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 3:44 pm

Kesslan do our chars see anything? If not we can go on, can we?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 6:56 pm

Just giving sly a chance to post as well before the next GM post.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 11:23 am

Ok I'll try to get a post up later tonight. Some major accident severed one of the main fiber optic hubs for my ISP sometime yesterday while I was at work. Their supposed to have it fixed sometime today.
Back to top Go down
Larzarus
Runner
Runner
Larzarus

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 9:11 am

@sly: I thought the jammer is gone or did Iread it wrong in Kessland map-update post?
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2011-03-07

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 9:12 am

Larzarus wrote:
@sly: I thought the jammer is gone or did Iread it wrong in Kessland map-update post?

right my mistake..got lazy and didint read the whole thing..ill edit my post later today.
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 3:43 am

Awright so edited my post..the rolls im using are the one you told me i could use later...
Back to top Go down
outpost_2
Team Leader
Team Leader
outpost_2

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Clinton Taylor
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 5:52 am

im having problems with IC anyone willing to cover for my rolls?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 2:49 pm

Sly: Your going to need additional scan rolls to find hidden nodes before you can hack them. You need a Minimum of 15+ hits when your scanning without having a good idea of where the actual device is. Each roll takes up an entire combat turn. As a result please keep rolling till you have 15 hits or have what you feel are sufficient hits to detect everything your looking for (15 is not a guarantee to be enough to find everything. It is merely the absolute baseline to find something in hidden mode)
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 3:20 pm

Sly Hound wrote:
Kesslan wrote:
Sly Hound wrote:
Right...can i keep those rolls for future attemps then? Since i didint hack anything after all..and my stealth program is still running anyways

Yes. Right now you just need more scan rolls. It's an extended test and you need a bare minimum of 15 hits to find even a disposable comlink I hidden mode when you only know the general area.

(Additional Rolls here) since i dont to spam the IC
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 3:47 pm

Ok so here's a question for you folk. Is everyone going to wait till Sly finds some contacts or do you want to keep moving while he's searching on the Trix? IT's going to take him several combat turns during which people can keep moving or hold off and wait. That said a combat turn is measured in seconds so the actual 'wait' wont be horrifically long either way.
Back to top Go down
Larzarus
Runner
Runner
Larzarus

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 3:51 pm

We can at least move into the next room.

Int he next room: Are the drones from the KE observers or from the enemy runners? Was Ginny able to see that?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 3:56 pm

The drones she's talking about are in the stairwell, not the next room.
Back to top Go down
Larzarus
Runner
Runner
Larzarus

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 4:04 pm

Are the the black area in the upper left or upper right area? So Ramme knows from which direction he should expect trouble.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 11:49 am

I'll let you guess since a map was posted that did indicate a potential location for a stairwell was located.
Back to top Go down
Collider

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2011-05-16

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 1:42 am

invisible castle is giving me a 500 internal error, so i have no rolls for audio/visual perception... Still not too familiar with the one that is here on this site, otherwise, I guess I wait or you can roll for me Kesslan
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 12:39 pm

Sure. I'll do the rolls for you then. Don't know why your having issues though (Did you try clearing your cache? Probably wont fix it but you never know).

The site works just fine for me so I don't know why it's giving you that sort of error when that generally isn't a client side issue (If your getting that error theoretically the rest of us should too)
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 12:42 pm

Just as an added note I'm requesting everyone post a copy of their character sheets to the character sheet thread for ease of tracking on my part. There's still a few folk who have their sheets off site for example and that complicates things for me when I have to dig through 100 different posts to try and find the one sole off site link for their page when I'm not able to post from home.
Back to top Go down
Collider

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2011-05-16

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:06 pm

nevermind, invisible castle is working again... I just rolled both together:

audio 2 hits,
visual 4 hits

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3084968/
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 9:51 am

Larz, your link for your roll is broken.
Back to top Go down
Larzarus
Runner
Runner
Larzarus

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 9:56 am

Repaired.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 11:39 am

Collider wrote:
nevermind, invisible castle is working again... I just rolled both together:

audio 2 hits,
visual 4 hits

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3084968/

EDIT: Formatting on this roll is odd, it looks like it's rolilng in a format not supported by SR rules that or your using edge without declaring such.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 11:49 am

On an added note folks. You MUST indicate in the notes text for the rolls what dice are coming from where and if your using edge or not. Otherwise the roll is liable to not be treated as being valid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

On the job: OOC Chat
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next