Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeOn the job: OOC Chat - Page 2 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

On the job: OOC Chat

Go down 
+6
outpost_2
Gala
Sly Hound
PresentPresence
Larzarus
Kesslan
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

On the job: OOC Chat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 5:23 pm

To quote an old adage from text based MUSH/MUX games. ICA = ICC

In Character Actions = In Character Consequences

So what you and outpost managed to do was get the rest of the team punished for starting early when the official start time of the scenario had not yet rolled around. Instead of the corp going 'your fired' or docking your pay they are effectively giving you a 'slap on the wrist' by making you subject to a far more difficult scenario as a result.

EDIT:
Your not up against shadowrunners, your up against other KE swat members playing the opposing team. Your in a training center, not a live hostage situation. I started things this way so people could get a chance to learn to work as a team, iron out who was in charge etc before you guys went up against 'live rounds' and were at risk of actually getting killed.
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2011-03-07

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 5:27 pm

Wha?...we just tried to get things started cause we didint it the game was stalled cause of use or collider or whatever...would have been nice to have been "informed" first about those procedure instead of having them falling like an anvil on the first day..dont serious buinesses like KE do that? You cant drop a punishement on a rule that was never mentioned
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 5:29 pm

I made it quite clear the scenario had NOT started yet due to the count down. I didn't start it just yet because I was giving you all time to actually.. you know.. plan? I mean if you'd rather I toss you all in, without any plan or advance notice of anything into a 'live combat' situation instead....

Your at least equipped well enough to get around most jamers you are likely to run into out in the 'real world' where it'll be actual runners, but then there will also be all sorts of nasty tricks used against you like booby traps. CLaymores in stairwells are real nasty btw if you set one off.

EDIT:
And for that matter Gala actually mentioned at least once (possibly more) why she wasn't sending in her watcher spirits just yet.
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 5:31 pm

To me scanning for node was preparation not a headtstart..anways i wont argue with that ill just hold to my predator and shoot stuff instead
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 5:34 pm

As an added note, the whole reason you guys get to play with some of the better toys is because I plan to be mean to you all in this game. I pull a lot of punches in normal games because players generally are not very good at spotting things like the aforementioned claymore in a stairwell. However if I run you through a few training scenarios so you know what to expect later on when it's 'the real thing' then you'll be considerably more able to cope with it, not to mention have characters that are even more advanced and potentially better equipped than they are now.

The goal is, if you guys stick with the corp, is to eventually shove you up to a Firewatch team. You know... the guys that do spec-ops stuff and get to do things like set off nukes.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 5:36 pm

Sly Hound wrote:
To me scanning for node was preparation not a headtstart..anways i wont argue with that ill just hold to my predator and shoot stuff instead

It was still taking a head start from the scenario stand point, though one that was a little more easy to overlook. However your team mate using a radar was far less subtle and the combined efforts resulted in what you have now.

That said since the scenario has since kicked into 'live' due to player actions, you'd best act fast.

EDIT: As an added note I'll run you guys through a second training scenario and see what I can do about making your directions a little more clear, though I thought a fair bit would be obvious and was apparently mistaken. None the less you did have a fellow player make several mentions and I went with this response because there are times in a 'live' game where you will NOT get more than a subtle hint at waht's around that corner because of a poor perception roll etc. Which is what happened in an S3 game where I gave some one 5 tries to spot a claymore on a trip wire in a stairwell and he missed every single roll except the last, which he just barely made. If I'd not done that 4 players in the group would have been turned into chunky salsa due to the raiting of the walls and the rebound effect cranking the damage up to something like 24D

Last edited by Kesslan on Fri May 27, 2011 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 5:39 pm

Kesslan wrote:
Sly Hound wrote:

It was still taking a head start from the scenario stand point, though one that was a little more easy to overlook. However your team mate using a radar was far less subtle and the combined efforts resulted in what you have now.

That said since the scenario has since kicked into 'live' due to player actions, you'd best act fast.

Whats with the headstart thing anyway? Do we also have to call "Were Ready now so get ready for us!!!" out loud ?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 5:42 pm

No.

The count down would have finished and cleared you to start, at which point you would be 'on the clock' but otherwise free to proceed however you chose (more or less). This is a game where you have to remember to not think like a runner, but instead think like a cop. Your the guys going in after the bad guys, not the bad guys fighting 'The Man'.

I'll use a different layout next time with more detail on expectations in the future, and this current scenario will simply outline potential consequences.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 5:55 pm

As a side note:
If your using wireless - Smartlinks will be jammed. They will however still work if you are using physical wires or skinlink. On the issue of skinlink I allow skinlink as a feature to work even in full body armour so long as both the weapon and your comlink are set up to use skinlink, since it's assumably the same way the SIM module works.

Using wires would require having stated doing so previously. Skinlink can be defaulted to if your gear list says you have a skinlink module and the weapon you have has one as well.

Last edited by Kesslan on Fri May 27, 2011 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 5:57 pm

[quote="Kesslan"]As a side note:
If your using wireless - Smartlinks will be jammed. They will however still work if you are using physical wires or skinlink. On the issue of skinlink I allow skinlink as a feature to work even in full body armour so long as both the weapon and your comlink are set up to use skinlink, since it's assumably the same way the SIM module works.[/quo

radio communication are still jammed tho so were to resort to shouting
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 5:59 pm

Nothing says teamwork like having to work the old fashioned way.
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 6:03 pm

Kesslan wrote:
Nothing says teamwork like having to work the old fashioned way.

We could go do some mountain climbing Razz
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 6:05 pm

Right, so when I pit you against some real runners it will be in their fortified mountain top lair, but the lair will turn out to be a decoy because the mountain will actually turn out to be a dead volcano and their real base will be a bunker deep inside the volcano. Also you will have to walk the whole way because they will have enough SAMs to nuke a continent!

That way you have to go mountain climbing at least 4 times, Up, down, fight, up, down! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 6:07 pm

Sly you can still check for traps the old fashioned way. Tools and your hands. I'm pretty sure you can default if need be on the proper skills but since most locks are electronic in nature your fine. Though I didn't list it in the gear list, you can also assume to have an issued electronics tool kit for the job.

That said, there's little point in using stealth at the moment guys.
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 6:10 pm

Kesslan wrote:
Sly you can still check for traps the old fashioned way. Tools and your hands. I'm pretty sure you can default if need be on the proper skills but since most locks are electronic in nature your fine. Though I didn't list it in the gear list, you can also assume to have an issued electronics tool kit for the job.

That said, there's little point in using stealth at the moment guys.

Whats that perception then hardware?..do i get sanctioned for usingmy contact lence vision enhancers?
Back to top Go down
Larzarus
Runner
Runner
Larzarus

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2011-05-11

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 6:16 pm

Before you go near the door, Ramme throughs some smoke grenades. Because he can.

And after you checked the door, he intimidate the door. Because he can!!! ... Wait, he has no Charisma to use this skill. Can I default it with pure Troll-ness + Strength + Body? Twisted Evil

We should wait now, so Gala and outpost can post their reactions? Or go for it?

Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 6:24 pm

Give everyone a chance to catch up, because once you breach I'm going to need initiative rolls from everyone. They wont go into effect instantly but best to get em out of the way for when the inevitable fighting starts and gives me a base line to time NPC movements.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptySat May 28, 2011 1:22 pm

OK so once Gala and Present post in I'll need an initiative roll from everyone. This will more or less set the pose order once you guys are actually inside the building as well as for the first round of combat. After that a new initiative will be rolled for every new round.
Back to top Go down
PresentPresence
Team Leader
Team Leader
PresentPresence

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2010-07-31

Character sheet
Character Name: яөъөсөр
Race: Human After All
Sex: French

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2011 11:45 am

I would just like to note that I'm wearing the SWAT FFBA and the SWAT MK4 or whatever the 0/2 helmet is called for a total of 10/10 armor and a -1 encumbrance modifier. I had previously edited my appearance post to figure this in, but with all the confusion I figured I better post separately too. I think I understand Kesslan's rules and vision now.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 5:05 pm

Ok folks,

Now that everyone's making a move I'm going to need some initiative rolls from you all.
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 5:08 pm

Back to top Go down
Larzarus
Runner
Runner
Larzarus

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2011-05-11

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 6:01 pm

10 + 2hits = 12

Another question: do we play with the rule where we can buy 1hit for 4dice?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 6:29 pm

Buying hits is possible but that is a rule only used for things that are exceedingly simple tasks. Example, you are out of combat, working in your workshop to fix a toaster and your skill is 4+. As some one who is a skilled and professional expert at repairing electronic devices such as toasters, you could buy hits instead of rolling. Buying hits could also be utilized to simplify some extended tests where you have lots of time to spare (IE Searching for your lost car keys on your day off).

The rule for buying hits is not intended for use in combat or with tasks that would be considered above a certain challenge level for your character. They are also not intended to be utilized in scenarios where you are in a rush even when the task might be exceedingly simple. (IE Finding your car keys when your late for a run with a Johnson)
Back to top Go down
PresentPresence
Team Leader
Team Leader
PresentPresence

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2010-07-31

Character sheet
Character Name: яөъөсөр
Race: Human After All
Sex: French

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 7:11 pm

Initiative Test - 3 Hits, Initiative Score = 9
Can we get the watcher's info before we start combat?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:43 pm

You will.

I'm hoping to get the post up tomorrow. I just need to do up the map for the roof.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

On the job: OOC Chat
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next