Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeOn the job: OOC Chat - Page 5 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

On the job: OOC Chat

Go down 
+6
outpost_2
Gala
Sly Hound
PresentPresence
Larzarus
Kesslan
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Collider

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2011-05-16

On the job: OOC Chat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 5:01 pm

sorry if my formatting is awkward, this is what I assumed it to be:

Perception 4 + Intuition 4 = 8 dice
Roll format is such that invis castle takes all 5s and 6s as successes, and rerolls any 6s to try for more.

If this is incorrect, please let me know, I am much more familiar with SR3 and still kinda learning SR4.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 8:28 pm

@Larz: Just an FYI: Ginny's watchers indicated that the first floor WAS empty when we entered the building. We've likely been in the building for a good several minutes. Anyone waiting in the stairwell may now be in that back room, and the Watchers wouldn't have told us... You may want to edit your post with that in mind.
Back to top Go down
Larzarus
Runner
Runner
Larzarus

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2011-05-11

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 9:39 pm

so far Ramme didn't enter the staircase, only the room with the cubides. Enough cover for him so he should be fine. Maybe I add a perception test.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 7:24 pm

Collider wrote:
If this is incorrect, please let me know, I am much more familiar with SR3 and still kinda learning SR4.

The only time you reroll dice on 6's in SR4 is when you are using edge.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 7:25 pm

Gala wrote:
@Larz: Just an FYI: Ginny's watchers indicated that the first floor WAS empty when we entered the building. We've likely been in the building for a good several minutes. Anyone waiting in the stairwell may now be in that back room, and the Watchers wouldn't have told us... You may want to edit your post with that in mind.

Actually they indicated the front area they were requested to check out was safe, they were never asked to check the entire floor as I recall. That said even if they were, it's true that while you've all been running about, so has the OPFOR.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 7:44 am

I just checked. Not only did Ginny only ask them to cover the front area, she never reported to the team anything at all regarding the first floor. So Ramme doesn't have any evidence or indication that the watchers checked the back area. AND, as mentioned, and confirmed by Kesslan, even if they had, it was several minutes ago, and the bad-guys can move too.
Back to top Go down
Larzarus
Runner
Runner
Larzarus

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 8:45 am

I edit my post,but Ramme is still moving into the next room.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 9:16 am

Thanks Larz. Just didn't want Ramme to get shot for that one. I'll post up later today.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 9:41 am

Just as an added note, please remember you all have a standard issue comlink with a set of standard issue programs which you may use accordingly now that the jamming is gone.
Back to top Go down
Larzarus
Runner
Runner
Larzarus

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 4:08 pm

Just to be sure, our group is infront of the room with the 10-12 cubids or are we already inside?

Reading Kesslan's message I assume latter. In that cubide-room are three door's, one where the group came in, one left and one right. Ramme moved to the right one and Colider opened the left one, correct?

If so, how far is Ramme away from the right door and what does he see (no activ perception, just obvious things)?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 5:11 pm

Positioning at this time is more or less in accordance with the map except that collider opened the door and started to go in. Posts of folk moving past that point are potentially invalid as combat effectively started when the door opened. I'll be getting an updated map and GM post tonight after work as at least one person will likely need a roll to avoid taking fire.
Back to top Go down
Larzarus
Runner
Runner
Larzarus

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 5:35 pm

Q: Perception question: were the 6 hits enough to find out where the drone is?

A: As you did not specify if you were rolling Audio or Visual perception I assumed Audio. You also used actively searching as a bonus when such a bonus would not apply in this case as you don't have a single, specific item to search for and as a GM I do not feel you can use 'actively searching' for generic sounds/items unless it's part of an extended test. Otherwise you need to specifically state what it is you are searching for before (or at least with) your roll and must be singular in nature unless it's part of an extended test (IE You cant 'actively search' for say 10 different things as part of a generic perception roll). You also did not take into account any other modifiers.

As a result, I simply halved your hits so I could move on with things and would not say that that alone would give you the specific location of the sound, simply the general direction it's coming from (In this case if your facing into the door, too the left)

Q: Rule-question: Does using an Adept power take a complex action?

A: That depends entirely on the Adept power in question. You should check the description of the power itself as some powers are free actions, others are simple or complex actions. Boosts if I recall correctly are complex actions, however quick draw is used as per the quick draw rules and either results in a 'free' action of drawing your weapon or 'simple' if you glitch and drop your weapon.

Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 9:06 pm

Apparently I accidentally edited Larz's last post with my responses instead of posting a new one with a quotation if his questions....

Oops.

AH well you've got your answers anyway Razz

As a side note, in light of Gala's latest post, before I do the GM post, Gala could you please do a reflex test to try and restrain Collider in time? It may have a considerable impact on the events in my GM post.

As an added note when the next GM post goes up you will all be officially in combat.
Back to top Go down
Larzarus
Runner
Runner
Larzarus

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 9:35 pm

yeah it would be a little bit uncool if Ramme had to jump through Collider to attack the drone. Suspect
Can Ramme use Collider with the exotix weapon skill (comrad) as a one-hand weapon Razz

- I don't have my books for the next two days, so what is this drone again? Medium, flying with a Minigun?

- Can Ramme reach the drone with a Great Leap, what would be the threshold (assuming Collider is out of the way)? i think to remember that this power simply adds some dices to the jump test and so it's a free action or so to activate the power.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 10:48 pm

The drone is a large drone. There's no real size indicator in SR4 beyond that, but SR3 compared them to the size of a mid sized coffee table. Additionally, great leap simply adds it's rating in dice to your jump test as well as increased your agility before maximum jump distance is calculated.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 3:23 am

Yes, I can do that.

1 hit
Back to top Go down
Larzarus
Runner
Runner
Larzarus

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 7:43 am

Since Ramme has a little bit of combat training (something I don't have) he would know that, but is it a stupid idea for a troll to attack a coffee-table size drone in closed combat?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 8:44 am

Larzarus wrote:
Since Ramme has a little bit of combat training (something I don't have) he would know that, but is it a stupid idea for a troll to attack a coffee-table size drone in closed combat?

Maybe, maybe not. You'd have to try it and find out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 8:59 am

A knowledge skill might help in this. Do you have any applicable knowledge skills?
Back to top Go down
Larzarus
Runner
Runner
Larzarus

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 9:09 am

Only if there was once a great battle between such a drone and a troll over which the bards still sing their songs and storytelles wisper about at the darkest night when the camp fire is burning down - and if it's a topic in a history class in colledge. No? Didn't thought so. Very Happy

But at least Ramme can curse himself or the drone in 11 different languages afterwards.

Edit: I edit my last post (again) since Ramme will at least not sneak in the room.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 12:59 am

So what's up folks? Almost a week has gone by and only two players have posted the requested rolls.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 6:12 am

Appologies Kess, I actually thought I had posted it...
Back to top Go down
outpost_2
Team Leader
Team Leader
outpost_2

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Clinton Taylor
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 4:42 pm

for some god awful reason i cant make rolls with invisible castle anymore... i hate ic right now... i think it might be related to my comp...
Back to top Go down
Larzarus
Runner
Runner
Larzarus

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 5:49 pm

post your number of dices and how you got that number here and I can roll for you.

IC works for me: Test
Back to top Go down
outpost_2
Team Leader
Team Leader
outpost_2

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Clinton Taylor
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 6:01 pm

10 dice and a total of 3 passes for me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On the job: OOC Chat   On the job: OOC Chat - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

On the job: OOC Chat
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next