Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeDo people ever use the chat? SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Do people ever use the chat?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bear
Runner
Runner
Bear

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2010-03-05

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Do people ever use the chat? Empty
PostSubject: Do people ever use the chat?   Do people ever use the chat? EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 8:55 pm

So I decided to chill in the chatroom for awhile, since most sites I have visited tend to have a semi-decent chat activity. That doesn't seem to be the case here. Is it because there is no way to tell that somebody is in chat without actually going there and logging in? Or is the chat just unpopular here?
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Do people ever use the chat?   Do people ever use the chat? EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 8:57 pm

Um, the first one. I've logged in a few times but no one's ever there. Roaring Bear (not normal Bear! Shocked) said he's had the same troubles. So I kinda just stopped checking. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Do people ever use the chat?   Do people ever use the chat? EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 9:31 pm

Don't see too much point in it at the moment.

So many people have been flaking lately it's not funny.
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Do people ever use the chat?   Do people ever use the chat? EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 9:52 pm

But... maybe a lack of unity and cohesiveness is what's causing people to leave, and getting more involved in chat might be able to fix that...?
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

PostSubject: Re: Do people ever use the chat?   Do people ever use the chat? EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 11:17 pm

What we could do is have a scheduled time for a gm or moderator, or just anyone to be in the chat room, and someone can pop in and have a chat with them. My work schedule is really erratic, which only ever leaves really late at night for me.
Back to top Go down
Bear
Runner
Runner
Bear

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2010-03-05

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Do people ever use the chat?   Do people ever use the chat? EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 12:46 am

Well I will do my best to help liven the place up. So I will hop in chat whenever I am logged into the site. Though I might be in a different tab, so don't stone me if I don't answer right away.
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Do people ever use the chat?   Do people ever use the chat? EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 7:54 pm

Ok, we have four people in the chat! Hop in and talk some!

(limited time offer)
Back to top Go down
Digital Doom
Admin
Admin
Digital Doom

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Character sheet
Character Name: Digital Doom
Race: Human
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: Do people ever use the chat?   Do people ever use the chat? EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 2:30 pm

Unfortinatly with my curent scedule, i never know when I am going to be able to get online. I am planing to have a chat scedule later, and would like some of the GM's to partisipate if they can. I just haven't had the time to figure this one out yet..
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/shadowrunsurvivalguide/
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Do people ever use the chat?   Do people ever use the chat? EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 3:54 pm

I could look into it too, but it's generally best to just setup a chat time with me via PMs if anyone needs to ask me things real time about anything I'm GMing (or as a player).

This is in part because my own schedule can be all over the place. That said I generally have a good solid idea of what days I could be available 2-3 weeks in advance as my department puts out the schedule 2-3 weeks in advance (Though it's sometimes revised after this point)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do people ever use the chat?   Do people ever use the chat? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do people ever use the chat?
Page 1 of 1