Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeBack in Buisness OOC - Page 9 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Back in Buisness OOC

Go down 
+2
Wreck
Sly Hound
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Number of posts : 1442
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Race: Human
Sex: Male

Back in Buisness OOC - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 9 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 2:14 pm

Heh, it's cool. He is stoned, so it's totally possible he just can't get up the energy to respond. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 9 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 7:13 am

@Scawire: Sorry, I didn't realize that you and Sly hadn't already done that over PM.

Here's what you find:
The Mulvihill is a mid-range hotel, reasonably priced, but posing as a more expensive hotel. All the rooms are decent moderately priced suites that run about 150 a night. There isn’t a lot of security, though obviously armed and armored runners, or those oddly dressed or styled are stopped and questioned, unless they’re a guest of the hotel. The hotel room keys all broadcast an RFID signal that signal security and the bellhops to leave the guest be, so unless the runners are actively disturbing other guests, they are left alone.

So Consolacion and Mercy will both likely get stopped on their way in. They don't exactly look like business people, coming back from a business dinner.

Are you going to try to hack in to the hotel? If so, we can say that you've been working on that, and depending on how long your searching takes, you might be able to jump in on the conversation with the team right now.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 9 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 7:27 am

LMAO a Pixie stoner lol I just got how funny this is...
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 9 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 12:50 pm

@Scawire: need your response on the above.
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Number of posts : 612
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Night Fist
Race: Ork
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 9 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 1:48 pm

Ok I got a post on now hope it helps with the intel they team was after. I'm still waiting to hear when 5 hours since the meet is over then I can stop Mooking the Trix and Slice in with PsiWings skills.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 9 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 1:55 pm

5 hours hasn't happened yet.

In terms of timeline, your post occurs a bit before we all arrive at the hotel, and is the source of the info I posted in my GM post back then (pardon my picking up in the middle - it's always a bit rocky getting started).
How long does it take Psywing to fly to the hotel (or nearby)?
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 9 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 2:10 pm

Well he is in the Snohomish area so he is not the close to the area. Right now he is flying away from his home more to keep from being traced via the Trix. He is moving towards the hotel but not really expecting to go there unless the team ask him to. He Flies at 20/50 so he is moving at around 20 right now waiting for more instructions from the group. If they ask him to meet the group he is going to call his cabbie friend for a ride. An no more DeepWeed for PsiWing he is buzzed out for the night.

So moving at 20 meters / turn
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 9 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 7:15 pm

Thanks Scawire. How far will he have to travel before he tells his bott to start hacking the hotel?
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 9 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 7:50 pm

I was thinking about 10 blocks should be good. I was thinking a free wi fi mc donalds but then the realization this is shadowrun I should be able to get on line anywhere so about 10 blocks then he will start hacking into the hotel. I'll post it tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 9 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 3:13 pm

2 questions

1) how long until 4 hours (6- Body (2)) is up since the meeting the PsiWing will be burnt but a better aid on the Trix

2) How long to fly to the hotel since he is in the Snohomish area if it takes too long I can try calling his cabby friend or get the team to pick him up.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 9 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 6:18 am

1) You didn't take any DeepWeed until the cab ride home from the bar. That happened significantly after the meet. I am estimating approximately 2 hours have passed since we left the bar.

PsiWing's DeepWeed high

2) It will take about 3 hours, maybe 2.5 if you have the wind at your back. You can google-map the trip if you like. I used the "Bike" feature to estimate your travel time, assuming that you would be able to travel at just about the same speed as a person on a bicycle (20 meters in 6 seconds).
3225 158th Avenue SE, Bellevue
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 9 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 6:48 am

How many floors does the hotel have? It is a fact (I grew up with parents in the customer service industry, my mom worked in hotels most of my life... the things you pick up Smile )that hotels don't have a "13th" floor. Taller hotels start numbering at 1400 and higher to avoid it. Little Bear won't know how many business floors the hotel has, but it's usually between 1 and 4.

I was thinking of sending him in on the Astral Plane to scout out the floor and try and locate the room. I know it's almost impossible to read while on the Astral, but that depends on if the door plaques are printed or engraved. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 9 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 7:26 am

Really Wreck i thought that was just a movie they really don't have that floor i gotta check this out lol
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 9 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 8:07 am

It is not a fact. It is often the case, but not a fact. I have been in hotels with a 13th floor as well as buildings in general that have 13th floors. I have also been in hotels and non-hotel buildings which do not have a 13th floor; and where the 13th floor is labelled "M" and I assume is used for maintenance, or perhaps machinery.
Interestingly, I think it is actually more common for a plane to have no row 13 (I've been in the 13th row of a plane too), based on my experience. I think I've only seen 1 or 2 planes with a 13th row, which was so shocking I haven't been able to forget it. I didn't mind sitting in the 13th row, but was shocked to see that it was there!

The hotel has many floors. The 14 of 1408 most likely uses the standardized numbering where the first 1-2 digits of the number are the floor number. Since this building is quite a bit taller than 14 floors, that seems a reasonable expectation. Of course, we won't know until we get in there.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 9 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 8:10 am

Yep. People are superstitious. In fact, most tall buildings don't have a "13th" floor. At least not a public access one. They either rename it or that is where they put all of the machinery/electronics that run the building's internal systems.

Everyone would feel bad if there was a fire in a hotel or apartment building. But if it happened on the "13th" floor? Well... they were just asking for it.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 9 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 8:13 am

heh. You're right it's not a "fact" in the strictest sense. But it is ridiculously common. The Japanese also commonly try not to have a "4th floor" but if they must, they also usually name it differently, or use a different counting designation.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 9 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 8:48 am

people are weird lol Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 9 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 10:16 am

I just got back from my sisters graduations so I've been away from the net since Friday so I'll catch up on reading all the post today. you might read this multiple times if you are in my other runs
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 9 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 1:17 pm

I just got back from a weekend of hiking and camping and water slides. It was fantastic.
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 9 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 1:21 pm

Sweet sounds like alot of Fun Wreck I had to sit in a uncomfortable chair but I did get ti hang with my grandmother and go to a cool Japanese garden.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 10:41 am

Have you all lost interest in this?
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 10:42 am

I would still play, but doing a random astral scan of the building isn't going to do much. With out knowing which room... I'm pretty much out of ideas.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 11:02 am

Not sure really ill read in the last few post in a few and see if im still feeling this if that's ok...
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 12:09 pm

yeah G I'm in sorry busy day but im in and i posted Laughing
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 10:01 am

Ok, I've tried to keep this alive, but I can't do it alone... Should we throw in the towel?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Back in Buisness OOC
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next