Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeBack in Buisness OOC - Page 7 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Back in Buisness OOC

Go down 
+2
Wreck
Sly Hound
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Number of posts : 1442
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Race: Human
Sex: Male

Back in Buisness OOC - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 6:33 am

Am I missing something? When did Breaker ask the bartender about the mark? I saw where she was asking about gangers and organized crime types but I totally missed any reference to the target.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 6:35 am

Did not see it either...
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2011-03-07

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 6:40 am

Well she said to Mercy she was talking to the bartender for a lead and rolled so I assumed it was an unspoken conversation

Edit; Awright changed my post should fit the conversation more

Last edited by Sly Hound on Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 6:41 am

Oh i think she was building up too that but i do see what you mean...

Edit: dont matter either way you said bartender dont know squat so building up or said in passing really
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Number of posts : 612
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Night Fist
Race: Ork
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 12:28 pm

PsiWing sends his Mook on a hunt for info on the target hotel not hacking it but doing as much of a search on the hotel as one can get without needing to hack into any systems.

Agent 3 Browse 3 =6

This is an extended test so for extra rolls I leave that in the GM's hands.
Back to top Go down
Digital Doom
Admin
Admin
Digital Doom

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Character sheet
Character Name: Digital Doom
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 12:28 pm

The member 'scawire' has done the following action : Dices roll

'D6' :
Back in Buisness OOC - Page 7 D6-5 Back in Buisness OOC - Page 7 D6-6 Back in Buisness OOC - Page 7 D6-1 Back in Buisness OOC - Page 7 D6-6 Back in Buisness OOC - Page 7 D6-3 Back in Buisness OOC - Page 7 D6-1
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/shadowrunsurvivalguide/
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 1:58 pm

It wasn't a negotiations roll - it was an etiquette roll. Breaker was making sure that she kept her "best foot forward" - especially with her being somewhat out of her element. She is, of course, fine with the club scene. But it's always a good idea to draw on your etiquette skills when the club in question is not one of your regular spots. Which this one is not. Though it may become one. Good bartenders are worth keeping happy!
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2011-03-07

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 8:08 am

Gala wrote:
It wasn't a negotiations roll - it was an etiquette roll. Breaker was making sure that she kept her "best foot forward" - especially with her being somewhat out of her element. She is, of course, fine with the club scene. But it's always a good idea to draw on your etiquette skills when the club in question is not one of your regular spots. Which this one is not. Though it may become one. Good bartenders are worth keeping happy!

No what Im saying is why did you had your 6 Negotiation in your roll..you dont even have etiqutte so with defaulting youd have 14 dice not 20
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 1:37 pm

Yup, you're right. I was at work when I posted that roll - probably just forgot. I'll post the roll again.

[EDIT] Done - 3 successes out of 14 dice.

Last edited by Gala on Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 8:14 am

Umm? I just wanna know we still playing right, like just wondering, cause last i checked I'm sitting on my hoop while Consalation and little bear do important stuff, and Breaker is talking to a bartender, not sure whats going on there, but im still in to play if we are playing seems to me we are a little off in time frames. Way I got it figured, breaker would be talking while I was arming myself that would take up some time plus the character Im running was day dreaming plenty of time for her to have her conversation, and meet me at the bike you know is that wrong or? I just hope we still playing if we are let me know about the time thing...
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 2:06 pm

I thought Consolation sent everyone the address of the hotel the mark was taken to by the cabbie.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 2:20 pm

yeah but Breaker is still talking to the bartender and i was like at the bike she said hold up and im just sitting there so i thought if we say she was talking while was loading and not after i was done we can move on is my point
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 3:02 pm

Just because Consolation sent the info doesn't mean that we all read it. Have you ever gotten a text message, but continued doing what you were doing, ending up not checking the message for several hours? Because that happens to me regularly. More often at work than at home - but there too. It's not that the phone didn't receive the message, nor that I didn't notice that the message came in. It's that I was doing something more important to me at the time than checking that message.
- It's important to remember: While information has the capacity to travel at the speed of thought, even today, that doesn't mean that it is acted on at that same speed. The issues that you have with your cellphone, those same issues that I have with mine, those are still relevant and appropriate for the Shadowrun world of 2072.

So, with that in mind: Breaker is busy. She told Mercy to wait or come in, so she isn't expecting anything important. Thus she is unlikely to check her messages until there's an otherwise significant pause in the conversation.

As a GM: I sometimes have to remind my players that most situations are not combat. Only in combat is it appropriate to assume that every single piece of communication on the "team channel" is received and responded to immediately (and not even always then). In most other situations, you should act with the assumption that your information will not be acted on immediately. Because everyone has something that they're doing most of the time, and what they're doing is important to them at that time. They'll get to your messages when they're done.

Umm, so, long story short: until the conversation ends (one way or another), Breaker will be in the bar seeing the situation through to it's completion.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 3:44 pm

All im saying is all that talking could have been going on while i was loading and daydreaming no disrespect intended i was just trying to move it along i thougt breaker started talking when she got in not an hour after she got there it was a question about the timing nothing more really... and yes i have to the text message question...
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 7:43 pm

@ Gala, that was sort of the point I was going for. She might not "know" where we're all headed, but she has the info and can follow along as she will if Mercy left her in the club.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 7:50 am

@Ghostmaker: You make a good point. And I expect that's the case. She wouldn't sit there, alone, playing with her hair for an hour before starting to chat with the bartender. She would look around for a few minutes, get a feel for the place (as she did in my post) and then immediately begin chatting up the bartender. Chances are the conversation wouldn't last an hour at all.
- But timing considerations are for Sly to adjudicate.

@Wreck: Yup, she most certainly could.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 1:40 pm

So.... What's going on? Is Breaker and her conversation with the bartender the only thing holding up continued play?
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 2:29 pm

Im waiting on a time frame correction/ruling so i can take off.. but that's me
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 1:50 pm

@Ghostmaker: If you decide to, you can "tell" Breaker about the text message. She hasn't read it yet. Then you can instruct her to get on the bike, and we'll go straight to the location. No need to hold up the game any longer.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 4:15 pm

was gonna just having hard day is all
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 11:57 am

I hope it's just work that made your day hard? And I hope today's been better!
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 12:14 pm

Thank you Gala thank you sooo much means a lot its all kinda stuff hitting me im soo tired of it but that's life i am not exempt... But im here lets play!!!
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 5:37 pm

Sly hasn't been on in abut a week. I hope life hasn't done him too much damage. This seemed like it would be a good run.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 7 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 1:51 pm

Yeah, me too. I've been enjoying the concept, and Breaker is always a fun character to take out and dust off!

Hey Sly - let us know that you're still alive and kicking!
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 7 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 1:35 pm

Ok, I can kick-start this forward a bit, using my magic Admin powers. But I'd like a "vote" of sorts from the players. Let me know what you all think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Back in Buisness OOC
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next