Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeBack in Buisness OOC SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Back in Buisness OOC

Go down 
+2
Wreck
Sly Hound
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2011-03-07

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Back in Buisness OOC Empty
PostSubject: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 10:51 am

Anyone accepted into the game talk in here..not the Want Add post Razz
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 11:13 am

Like I said im starting this with two people plus myself..if more people join Ill fit em in but so far I wanna get started before I start having second thought about it. Building my own character right now..Scawire and Wreck your free to start rping and give your answer to the call while you fix your sheets
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Number of posts : 1442
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 2:42 pm

The reason I switched to subdual was because I figured I could do that in both troll and animal form, where as martial arts as a bear would be... well... difficult.

So, in a way, both are restrictive.

I'm not to attached to either option really. So if you guys think I should stick with Martial Arts UA Spec instead, I'll swap it back.

Other than that, all that is left is Knowledge skills.

Sly, I do have a question, is it okay if we keep Little-Bear as a newbie? I'll just write it into his background that Cyote said she would be putting him in touch with someone to make some money instead of waiting to hear from her directly.

I ask, because I purposefully built him to be new to the shadows. You can see it in his lack of ranged weapon's skills as well as the entire background building to this key moment of coming into the city. Right now he is convinced that some gangers kidnapped his little sister, but if he's been there for three years he should at least know who the gang is by now and have tried to find her. So far all he has to go on are the gang colors, and that was from a drunk miner.

Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 2:46 pm

Its fine if you keep either..its just something Iv never used ..also okay for the newb thing..from the background story the McAllister guy was hiring new and older runners.Soooo ( now that iv read more of the campaign) you guys dont need to know each other if you dont want to..im gonna assume you dont unless one of you makes a post about it..so anyways. Let the games begins!
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 3:32 pm

Cool. I've got some volunteer work to get done, but then I'll finish my character sheet and post in.
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 7:18 am

Btw Scawire something that just popped in my head last night..you need to give up assensing..cause Mystic adept dont have astral sight aka cant use it..only magician or people taking the astral sight power can use it
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 7:27 am

starting cash (1d6.hits(5)=1) I'm just too used to writing ".hits(5)" But starting cash is ¥50.

I thought over the subdual vs martial arts thing again. And then I thought... If he goes bear... he is likely to be super pissed off. Thus not so likely to want to hold back anyway.

I'm sending the career mode chummer file shortly. Where do you want the character posted?
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 7:29 am

Post it in the Roster Section I just made..so it dosent get buried under OOC chatter
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Number of posts : 612
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Night Fist
Race: Ork
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 10:56 am

I'll post my character today or early tomorrow.

As for astral sight all Pixies have it as a natural ability so even if they have no magical ability they get astral sight for free.
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 1:29 pm

Right so we got 3 very weird Mage one being /hacker and another being /melee..im still making out what Mercy is..my fault for not reading the sheet..its like someone tried to make a melee character using a mage build..but not the good kind and a face adept..anyone Ill volonteer myself as the gun brute of the groupp then
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Number of posts : 612
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Night Fist
Race: Ork
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 1:46 pm

Might be a good idea to have a car too since we don't seem to have a wheel man yet. I don't want to keep calling Ken to drive the team everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 2:43 pm

Isn't that what contacts are for? To be used?
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 3:10 pm

Yes and no... You have to RP your contacts the same way you would treat real people in the real world. How long would your friends keep answering your phone calls if every time you called it was to get a ride?
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 3:11 pm

@Sly: If you want I can use Shan Jah instead. She's a thrower adept - set up to be very similar to a gun slinger, but with "bullets" that don't set off RFID alarms!
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 3:12 pm

Gala wrote:
@Sly: If you want I can use Shan Jah instead. She's a thrower adept - set up to be very similar to a gun slinger, but with "bullets" that don't set off RFID alarms!

its cool I had a talk with Ghost about helping him up with his sheet..he is now very gunslinger ish..if hes okay with it that is Razz
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 3:19 pm

@ Gala, Of course. But the guy is also a taxi driver. And taxis are for hire. Wink What better way to keep a friend than to throw him some business?

Last edited by Wreck on Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 3:21 pm

Ha! Then call him up!!
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 3:55 pm

Gala wrote:

However if you think youd prefer that one instead I dont mind if you switch since you havent posted yet..just lemme know so i can adjust Razz
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 4:12 pm

@Sly: They're both great characters, and I have enjoyed them both tremendously! I just posted in for Breaker, but I really don't mind re-posting later if you'd prefer Shan Jah. Thank you for offering the option to switch. I have a very slight preference toward Breaker - but I enjoy Shan a lot, so if you need the fire power, let me know and I'll dust her off instead!
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 6:14 am

Awright for those looking for info on either Underworld 93 or Macallister roll relevant test

For Underworld 93 Anyone with knowledge or contacts about the music/clubs scenes or operating on the streets ( some corp guys wouldnt do)

For MacAllister Anyone with Shadow Community or 2050s star runners is relevant

Of course for both a Data Search test can also do..so make them calls if you need anything

Those asking a contact rather then using a knowledge skill make a connection + connection of said contact( so x2 there connection) then a Charisma+Etiquette+Loyalty if you dont etiquette the standard -1 apply to your roll

Last edited by Sly Hound on Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 7:53 am

Consolation legwork

Bars and Clubs Knoledge skill
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3975566/

1 Hit

Seattle Area Knowledge skill

1 Hit

Data Search

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3975569/

2 Hits

So two hits on Knowledge skills and 2 hits on Data Search

Last edited by Sly Hound on Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 8:17 am

Okay so who is currently making his way to Underworld 93 and who sis till preparing for the meet?

Also Karma award at creation

Breaker:3 ( Nice concept no background)
Little Bear:5 (Nice concept and background)
Psywing:5 (Same)
Mercy:4 (Nice background..concept a little too much drawn from existing media so not a 100% original character)
Consolation:3
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 9:03 am

I have a question about focuses.

It says that Activating a focus takes a Simple Action. So is it possible to cast a spell into a sustaining focus to be activated later?

I.E: Cast Increased Reflexes now, but only activate the Focus (and thus go into super mode) if the dreck hits the fan?
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 9:07 am

Wreck wrote:
I have a question about focuses.

It says that Activating a focus takes a Simple Action. So is it possible to cast a spell into a sustaining focus to be activated later?

I.E: Cast Increased Reflexes now, but only activate the Focus (and thus go into super mode) if the dreck hits the fan?

Spell ,Counter and Sustain Foci can be activated/deacticated at any time

An acticated foci shows when people assense you

To sustain a spell you need to have an adtive foci

So in short you can cast a spell before hands..however your foci need to stay on to keep going...else you drop the sustain
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 9:13 am

Okay, that explains whether or not the focus is active and thus has an astral signal. However, the game doesn't specifically state whether or not a spell has to be currently affecting the user of the focus.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back in Buisness OOC   Back in Buisness OOC Empty

Back to top Go down

Back in Buisness OOC
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next