Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeTwinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 4 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat

Go down 
+3
Gala
Darkon
Kesslan
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 2:25 pm

Well what you would need specifically is the sound barrier spell.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 11:23 am

Sorry for the long delay. I hope my post is atonement enough.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 12:15 pm

@Darkon: Actually, I am quite satisfied with what you've been doing with the story-line. I am doing the best I can just to keep up; so it's great that someone else is driving! Perhaps when my life settles a bit I'll be in a better position to complain... Wink
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 2:04 pm

Alright then, fasten your seatbelt Gala. Very Happy Knowing Kesslan as little as I do, I'm sure it will be a bumpy ride.
Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2012-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 1:21 pm

Mikel please post soon. You are holding things up.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 1:32 pm

I'll be doing the next round of GM posts tonight or tomorrow morning.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 9:16 am

@Darkon: Seatbelt is now buckled...

@Kesslan: Damage. Sha'hGrim's current damage profile is somewhat complicated. I am trying to sum it all up for you here:
Initial battle: 3 Physical, 8 Stun.
3 Physical / 6 Stun

"Enough" time passed so that the 8 Stun was considered healed.

Second battle: 0 Physical, 5 Stun.
5 Stun

- We forgot to address the above Stun healing, but it should have been healed - the sun coming up meant some 5-6 hours had passed.

Summoning to heal Jenny: 0 Physical, 5 Stun.
5 Stun

So when she went to sleep, Sha'hGrim should have had 3 Physical (or less, you may rule that 1 had healed by then) and 5 Stun.
Question 1: How much damage is remaining? Has all the stun healed? Has any of the physical healed? Please let me know?
Question 2: She's used all her Edge - has any returned?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 11:41 am

No edge has refreshed as of yet.

As to physical damage, none of it would have healed thus far as you must actually rest for a full 24hr period to naturally heal any physical damage sustained and can only naturally heal Physical damage after all stun damage is healed first. That said even buying hits you've had enough rest to get to 0 stun and can now heal normally. Again with buying hits you'd heal 2 boxes in the first day and the last box in the second day of full rest. Odds are pretty good if you just make a body X2 hit you can probably do it in one day (Or with the assistance of any healing test including one done with a simple first aid kit)
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 11:49 am

Cool; thanks! I'll update below with body rolls later - or in an IC post if/when Darkon comes back.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 12:22 pm

Sorry, been a long day (Read week) again. >_>
Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 1:38 pm

Darkon wrote:
Sorry, been a long day (Read week) again. >_>

Heh I hear ya. I just worked two 60 hour weeks and I'm on my third this week. Maybe even next week as well. Sleep
Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 2:19 pm

I couldn't get the little chat box to look like yours Kesslan. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 3:59 am

Maybe I wasn't reading the first offer right. This is what I thought it was.

10k expense account:
5k up front for each
10k on the back end split between Mississippi and Scarlet (That is what it looked like to me when I read it. I see now that I missed the "10k each" part. Not sure how i missed that. I read the post several times before I replied, heh)

Doh.

The actual offer was:
10k expense account
5k up front for each
10k each for the two.

Ok that works.

Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:36 am

Yogismith wrote:
I couldn't get the little chat box to look like yours Kesslan. Sorry.

For some reason I can't recreate that little chatbox thingie you did..
Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:43 am

I hope the quick responses are alright. I'd post everyday/multiple times a day if the pace warranted it. PbP, being the medium, is slow enough as it is.
Back to top Go down
Mikel Amroni
Runner
Runner
Mikel Amroni

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 3:53 pm

Many apologies for my lack of reply. Been a hectic week so far. Here's hoping the worst is past. *knocks on wood*

Posting now.
Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 2:14 pm

Kesslan how do you feel on altering/changing posts? We have just entered one of those PbP pitfalls. Someone posts something only to have another post something which might have changed how the first would have answered.

Mikel has posted and given a counter offer. Granted we had been waiting a week for a post from Mikel and with his schedule made it hard for him to do so, which is understandable. In our effort to push onward, so we don't stall, we have fallen into this "pitfall" so to speak.

Just wondering.

Back to top Go down
Mikel Amroni
Runner
Runner
Mikel Amroni

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 4:45 pm

Or you could post a follow up quoting mine and inserting a new comment (with a note to disregard the earlier part). Just trying to get us a better payday Smile
Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 6:18 pm

Mikel Amroni wrote:
Or you could post a follow up quoting mine and inserting a new comment (with a note to disregard the earlier part). Just trying to get us a better payday Smile

I understand wanting a better payday. Kesslan are you on with me posting something to change an earlier post?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 8:27 pm

As a note Mikel you forgot to actually link the roll to your entry for it.

That said, as far as trying to negotiate fees further Mikel would be up against the same defending roll as Yogi who didn't get that many net hits so you won't get more than was offered in this particular case. Specifically the same pay, same 10K for expenses and an added offer to cover any potential excess expenses over the initial 10k so long as things were kept reasonable as well as potentially supplying you with the equipment in question (without your having to buy it) depending on what it was you were wanting.

Also I will note that it's a bit much to be asking a J to pay a team an extra 20,000. Keep in mind the money paid to runners for an 'average' run these days is only 5k. Right now your each getting 15 which is 3x the going rate and that's just for a recon job. It isn't even for breaking into a facility and engaging in sabotage or wetwork or anything else. 5k on the other hand does buy such things from 400bp build runners and you guys are only 200bp higher than that along with a 3 week window to even do the job. This is all also, without ever offering to cover expenses etc.

So yes, such a rich offer up front is suspicious considering its supposedly just a recon job, but it also means that given that you have absolutely no other information to go on at the moment, along with the fact that the J has already made several concessions (even if they are relatively standard) means that your quickly pushing him into a hostile territory as far as negotiations are concerned when your already facing penalties (That in this case are being applied as bonus dice to his rolls).

Now if you actually had something to hold over the J's head (such as blackmail material etc) you might actually get somewhere in trying to almost literally double what your being paid, but at the moment you don't have anything remotely close.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 8:49 pm

Oh, btw Gala, Darkon. I don't recall you two doing the rolls for your starting money, so now would be a good time for you both to do so. Beyond that feel free to RP back and forth and decide what you want to do next and I'll step in as need be.
Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 6:31 am

Well no need for me to change anything in my post. heh

Kesslan wrote:

That said, as far as trying to negotiate fees further Mikel would be up against the same defending roll as Yogi who didn't get that many net hits so you won't get more than was offered in this particular case..

Net hits meaning I had more successes than his defending roll? Going with that analogy I had 7 hits Mikel had 5. If I didn't have many "hits" more than Bazil than Mikel's roll might have been on the money with the J's.

Am I anywhere close with that analogy Kesslan?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:29 am

Something along those lines perhaps.
Back to top Go down
Mikel Amroni
Runner
Runner
Mikel Amroni

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 12:41 pm

Sorry, for some reason the edits I did ended up eating the URL, I had them in there when I posted it. I had to change the < chatbox > to { chatbox } for the same reason. I posted them as links, like I should, copied directly from Invisible Castle. I'll fix that.

As for the negotiation, as I was offering a completely different deal, I would have thought he'd havehad to think about it (and therefore roll) separately. After all, Scarlet's had an increase on the front end and the back end. I gave him room to come down, but basically asked for the same extra all on the backend, which would be easier to accomplish for him. Its a standard negotiating tactic to go higher than you want so they can come back lower - a point I specifically mentioned in the post. They get to feel like they still have control, you get a better deal. A good analogy as to why I would think a different roll was in order would be to compare it to a gun shot. We both shot from different angles, different ranges, and different directions. Would the same dodge roll work for both of us? If so awesome, cause that's something I will need to know when you bring overwhelming firepower against us. Smile (j/k)

Of course all of that is just what I thought before your ruling, and I'm not trying to change your ruling, just explain my thought process.

And of course I should also mention I completely missed the J's counter offer of more gear. I remember the reference Scarlet made, but didn't see it when I was making the counter offer. Reading comprehension for the fail. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 3:24 pm

It's ok, it happens. Mostly though I handle it this way because it's just my way of handling negotiations. I could allow more back and forth like you suggest, and sometimes I will. That said sometimes there isn't a lot of wiggle room beyond the initial offer, other times there's a lot because the J is trying to screw you in some way. Each J is different and it's sometimes influenced directly by the company/group that they work for.

Even if I did a separate roll ever time, what are you willing to give up when the J wins? Negotiations go both ways after all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat
Page 4 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next