Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeTwinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 2 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat

Go down 
+3
Gala
Darkon
Kesslan
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 10:38 pm

Yogismith wrote:
Waiting...somewhat patiently. Sleep

Been waiting a bit on Mikel to post in though I'll only give it another day or two before proceeding.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 11:49 am

Wow! I rolled a Critical Success on the Spirit's resist... Talk about the Dice Gods really wanting me to take some Stun!!! And the crazy thing: Sha'hGrim only needed 1 service to do what she's trying to do... Talk about tough love!
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 1:23 pm

You should let Darkon summon a spirit. Or even heal Jenny himself. Wink He is not that bad at it. and he offered it. Wink Maybe Sha realizes she is too hurt herself? Or is she too proud to ask for help? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 3:08 pm

10d6 wrote:
Just to let you guys know, I'm going offgrid fairly soon. The wife and I are taking baby out to meet grandpa for the first time, so we're off to Saskatchewan. The farm we'll be staying at is out in the sticks, and we'll have no internet or phone signal. We plan to leave first week of August, and are not coming back until around the 20th. I will try to get into town on occasion, and check up on how things are going here, but posting from my phone will not be a huge priority what with roaming charges and out of province data usage etc. We're not going to hurry back, and will be making pit stops at various friends places en route. I don't expect to get home until the 25th or so. Kesslan, feel free to run me as an NPC if you so choose or send me off to limbo if you'd prefer. I still have a week of work before we take off, so at least I can play for a bit. Will post or PM when I'm leaving so you know for sure.

Regards,

10d6

Hey 10d6, how will Gash find out what's on that commlink now?
Razz

Have a safe trip, partner! I'm sure Kesslan can torment Gash more than enough while you're away!
cheers
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 3:32 pm

Well I'll be NPCing him a little bit at least and I'm going to guess since your both part of The Exchange and the job is for The Exchange then you'd likely be inclined to share at least some information (Or would find out anyway via The Exchange).

Anyway I'll be getting GM posts up all round later tonight after I have dinner etc.

Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2012-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 6:09 pm

Kesslan wrote:

Anyway I'll be getting GM posts up all round later tonight after I have dinner etc.

Does that include Shell Game too? Very Happy I hope so. I wonder what's up with Mikel not posting?
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 6:23 pm

@Yogi
It happens. Folks get swamped by 'real life', have technical difficulties, or just flake out and disappear.
Usually the GM will allow a reasonable amount of time for a player to return, and then either NPC the character, work around him/her, or geek him/her.

(I have a sneaky suspicion that Kesslan enjoys that last option the most)
Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 6:45 pm

Yeah I know. I've been doing pbp for 10+ years now. Your right it does happen a lot. I don't get to do FtF gaming anymore so this is my fix.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 6:48 pm

My bad. I tend to think new folks on this site are new to the game also.
Razz
Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 7:05 pm

Heh. Nope. I cut my teeth on SR 1st edition. My buddy and his brothers owned the books. 2nd edition came out a couple months later. Played a lot of 2e. A good bit of 3e. And 4e for a little more than a year now. It's hard to find good games with a dedicated players and GM.

I still have all the SR novels that came out in the '90's. Some good books there. My wife is trying to convince me to get rid of all my 2e stuff. I'm putting up a good fight though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 7:13 pm

Yeah see, I'm the noob. My first taste of SR was the SNES game. And even then I didn't find out about the tabletop version until 4th edition.
Sad
Back to top Go down
10d6
Meat
Meat
10d6

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2012-04-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Billy Gibbs
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 10:08 pm

@Jagger

Pretty sure we'll find out what's on the commlink before I go. I'm working on a generator for an RV that I am selling, finalizing the deal on a new chevy cobalt, and finishing off the weeks work before I leave. That should give us plenty of time to dig around, and maybe even have an insanely tough bad guy or 4 kick our arses a bit before I go. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 7:51 am

@Darkon: I suppose the team has enough history that she would know if Darkon has a Spirit of Man as one of his available spirits. So: Does Darkon have Spirit of Man as a Spirit? If not, him doing the summoning isn't going to be useful - only Spirit of Man can cast Heal (And only an Invoked Plant Spirit can give Regeneration).
As for casting it himself: It's not so much a question of "Pride" as one of "Reference". Her magic is only 7, and Jenny has 9 damage, so for her to cast Heal with any chance of a full heal, she would have to over-cast the spell. While I know that Darkon can cast it without overcasting, and likely Sha'hGrim would know that too, in a non-damaged state, she isn't in a non-damaged state, and just simply won't realize that Darkon can cast the spell without overcasting. So, you're more than welcome to speak up - Alexia did just remind Sha'hGrim that perhaps she should let Darkon do the healing...

@Kesslan: Uh oh... Did I just see a "Figurine" mentioned?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 8:22 am

What? You think the bad guys are going to stay idle? Very Happy

I mean right now you know that at the very least Ares/Knight Errant is involved somehow, with whom Spade is at least supposedly working. Then you have this other individual that paid you all a visit yet at the same time an Ares Firewatch team was sent and you had two clearly distinct factions (Even if one side was a complete unknown) fighting each other on your property, and then there's also the possible inclusion of the UCAS Military on Sid's side of things, which may or may not side with Ares depending. (Given that Ares is a major defence contractor for the UCAS but the UCAS is still it's own independent body). And then to top it off it's also over some sort of artefact that may or may not involve insect spirits (And different 'hives' don't necessarily get along with each other!). And then to top it off The Exchange is also playing it's own angle.

Lets just say this chess board has a lot of players. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 8:48 am

Kesslan wrote:
What? You think the bad guys are going to stay idle? Very Happy

...baddies need a stuffer shack break now and again too!
Razz
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 9:02 am

Kesslan wrote:
What? You think the bad guys are going to stay idle?

I guess I have to ask... Did you mean "in character" or "out of character"...

Actually, scratch that. While the sentiment is quite different, the subject is still the same: No. Neither myself nor Sha'hGrim has any expectation that the bad guys are going to be idle. She, of course, hopes for it. I, on the other hand, would be somewhat disappointed by it!
Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 9:30 am

Bah. Trying to post but I can't keep my eyes open. I'm on my second 12 hour day. Started at 4am yesterday and today. I think a power nap is in order. Sleep
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 9:42 am

So you're saying your sleep regulator is on the blink and you're fresh outta stim-patches?
Razz
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 11:37 am

Gala wrote:
@Darkon: I suppose the team has enough history that she would know if Darkon has a Spirit of Man as one of his available spirits. So: Does Darkon have Spirit of Man as a Spirit? If not, him doing the summoning isn't going to be useful - only Spirit of Man can cast Heal (And only an Invoked Plant Spirit can give Regeneration).
As for casting it himself: It's not so much a question of "Pride" as one of "Reference". Her magic is only 7, and Jenny has 9 damage, so for her to cast Heal with any chance of a full heal, she would have to over-cast the spell. While I know that Darkon can cast it without overcasting, and likely Sha'hGrim would know that too, in a non-damaged state, she isn't in a non-damaged state, and just simply won't realize that Darkon can cast the spell without overcasting. So, you're more than welcome to speak up - Alexia did just remind Sha'hGrim that perhaps she should let Darkon do the healing...

@Kesslan: Uh oh... Did I just see a "Figurine" mentioned?

As for overcasting, Darkon only has a magic of 7. At least last time I looked at the character sheet. So it would be overcasting. But Darkon can summon spirits of man. Anyway, healing 7 hits is still better than none. And the rest will have to heal naturally. Or with the help of a vet. It's not a perfect solution, but still better than having Sha hurt herself over healing Jenny. As appropriate it would be character wise. Very Happy

I guess the figurine is a matching piece to the one Darkon has found in Sha's house. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 1:55 pm

@Darkon: Ok, so summoning a Spirit of Man is the best solution. You don't need to over-summon; you just summon a Force 7, and ask it to heal all of Jenny's damage (9P). Then let the Spirit overcast. That way, she can get a good chance of a full heal, while incurring no potential damage to you (or, at least, nothing beyond summoning drain, in stun). Now the only justification for Sha'hGrim to try again is that her Spirit will have good justification for using Edge while casting (subject to Kesslan's approval), since her justification is built right in to her summon.
Since you can summon Spirits of Man, just go ahead and speak up. My guess is that at this point, Sha'hGrim will be more than willing to let Darkon have a crack at it...
Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 2:03 pm

A good medic with First Aid wouldn't hurt either. At least when/if Scarlet meets up with the rest she can fill that role. 15 dice with a r6 medkit.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 2:26 pm

Yup, that'll help! Thing is: Magic healing can only be done once, and that's it. Technical/Medical healing can be done after magic, and more than once.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 3:22 pm

Alright. I put up a post. And gosh, it has gotten longer than I expected. But I was in a flow there and I think it is a good post.

Kesslan, Street Magic states it's always GM discression of a spirit uses edge, so I guess you should make the roll for the spirit.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 3:30 pm

"Hellooooo Nurse!"
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 3:37 pm

Yup. I watched the Warner Brothers. And their warner sister Dott. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat
Page 2 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next