Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeTwinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 11 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat

Go down 
+3
Gala
Darkon
Kesslan
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2012-07-09

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 11:34 am

Ack. Gala is back and now Kesslan is gone.

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 1:52 pm

I was only out of town for 2 days and had limited internet access from my phone. Not the best circumstances to post.

Seriously Yogi. I get that you are eager but relax already.

Gala:
OOC: There are some details missing in the IC thread - I assume some of this was planned/resolved via PM? Can I get a bit more of the info before I respond to this? Like - how much time did we spend sleeping (Sha'hGrim will be fully healed if we slept another full night), what time of day is it, what car/truck are we in, do we have Chasky or Jenny with us, did we think to bring one of the other critters in Sha'hGrim's arsenal with us (the Bandit or Ferret are both GREAT for stakeouts, as are the owls), and what are we wearing - did we come in street clothes or battle gear?

In response to that you can assume lets say roughly 18-20hrs when Darkon returned and when you guys left given that he was also tired as he returned somewhere at o dark oclock in the morning and we can just say this is 'the following night' kind of setup for you and Darkon and 'that night' for the others.

Additionally at this point I'm going to say that Edge has fully refreshed as well.

Beyond this what ever gear/creatures etc you take with you is entirely up to you, and as to spotting the other pair, it's obvious to both sets of teams that some one else has obviously taken an interest in the same building. Beyond that is for you guys to work out amongst yourselves unless it really does need some serious GM prodding in that direction too.
Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 2:00 pm

Kesslan wrote:

Seriously Yogi. I get that you are eager but relax already.

No offense meant Kesslan.

And I'm always relaxed. It pisses my wife off to no end. Smile

There are just certain times of the day where I sit on front of the computer with not much to do. Like Lunch and right now, the last 20 minutes of the work day.

Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 2:40 pm

Thanks! I'll have a post up first thing tomorrow morning!
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 5:31 am

Kesslan, 18-20 hours? I thought it's the same night? That's another day lost to rescue the girls. I doubt Darkon would willingly wait that long. Wink

He had taken a nap of an hour to shake off the small drain.

As for the car. If Chens guys were able to install the spoof chip, we likely take that one. For the animals to be taken, that's Galas call. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 7:22 am

@Darkon: I am going to let you and Kesslan work this out. But as a reminder, if you only took a short nap, that would make 2 nights in a row of little-to-no sleep. It takes serious training to be able to handle that kind of sleep deprivation effectively; and that's without regard to the astonishing level of output we've had during that time. Caffeine can only keep you awake, focused, and attentive for so long before it stops being effective.

A short recap:
1: A major battle, where we lost a team member, and nearly lost our lives.
2: An adrenaline-surged car-chase style fleeing of the scene when we found out a nuke (Kinetic Strike, but close enough for government work) was going to be dropped on our heads.
3: We retire for what turns out to be about 1 hour of sleep, and then get ambushed again.
4: A second major battle, where we lost another team member.
5: A second major adrenaline-surged fleeing-of-the-scene.
6: Negotiating for our lives, literally, with a Safe-House operator.
- Finally, a bit of real sleep!
7: Darkon cut his first real chance for rest short, understandably, to return to his home and start investigating.
- So when you arrive home at dark-thirty, you've had about a 5 hour nap over the course of an approximately 44-hour day during which you had 2 major battles, 2 major negotiations, 2 friends die, 2 major ambushes, and your 2 daughters get kidnapped (wait, I thought three was the magic number... What's with all the 2s??).

So, whether he will "willingly wait that long" or not may be irrelevant. As I mentioned above, dealing with that kind of sleep deprivation takes training. Dealing with that king of sleep deprivation under these conditions may be simply impossible. Caffeine and adrenaline eventually cause such a significant drag on your nervous system that your body simply shuts down. And having Adrenal Fatigue after what happened yesterday-in-game is both appropriate and expected!

So, with my 25 cents added, I leave the actual discussion of your night of rest to you and Kesslan.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 8:38 am

Ok. I see we've got some misinterpretations here. Wink Most probably on my side.

I thought we've already spent a day or so in the safehouse and had time to sleep in. With the girls being missing for three days by now.

44 hours of waking is a lot. It would certainly be too much for me. And I probably look like this at that point:Suspect In that case, the one hour nap Darkon intends to take would certainlyl turn out to be seventeen hours overdrawn. Sleep
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 8:01 pm

Ya on the whole you folks haven't had or taken too much time for actual rest. Wouldn't be too much of an issue with the help of certain drugs or abilities/spells/implants of course that allow you to go long periods without sleep (or simply sleep less per day). Otherwise the game assumes you need at least 8hrs a day for sleep. That's why I went with the assumption that this would wind up going on the following night. While Darkon's girls are indeed still missing there's a potentially obvious line on whom ever has them (Spade at this point if I'm following what everyone's been thinking). It also just makes it a little easier to synch everyone up to the same time etc. It would also give the safehouse the time necessary to acquire and install a spoof chip etc provided you decide to go ahead and have that done. (I'll also need to know who's paying for it and with what money)
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 11 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 8:47 am

Ok, then Darkon has overslept his nap a good 16 or so hours. Cool As much as he wants his girls back in safety, things do take time.

Unless you would allow him to catch up on sleep and then install a lodge with a force of 1. (Which should require about 8 hours.) He would need the lodge at least if he would indeed try to locate the girls with the material links he has. (the hair from his own bathroom).
That, just to be prepared for everything. If he doesn't have the time, no problem. Wink

For the spoofchip and licence plate, Darkon can either pay that from his own wallet which has about 3300 nuyen, or he takes the sum from the remains on the credstick. There are still 25000 nuyen left on it after renting the Palais de Scrapyard for a week. The licence plate and spoofchip should cost about 1500 alltogether.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 11 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 3:21 pm

Well it's up to you to choose which to pay from.

As to the Lodge a force 1 would be pretty easy to set up I'd imagine
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 11 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 3:58 pm

Then, for the good of the team, he deducts it from the group fund. Razz

After the extended nap, he builds up a lodge with part of his materials, just to a usable state.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 9:59 pm

Alright.

Gala do you need to adjust your post or are you going to leave it as is? Just need to know before I put a GM post in.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 1:30 am

Yes, though nut much. I'll just be updating what she's wearing, and which animals she takes to the stakeout. And summoning tests for the Spirit +watchers that she'll have with her for the stakeout.
Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 3:52 am

Happy birthday Darkon. I hope it's a good one.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 11 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 9:05 am

Thank you. Yes it is a good one. Very Happy

Fat tuesday carnival parade was wonderful as always. And just on time for my birthday. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 11 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 7:27 pm

I'd say yes it's a good enough assumption to assume the glitch by the watcher would mean an extra service owed.

Beyond that I'd suggest you work out something with Darkon OOCly about any pre-planning and continue on from being on location in the meantime so that Yogi and Mikel can hook up with you two and go from there, as I'd rather avoid any more further railroading to get the group together unless necessary.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 4:19 am

Got it, thanks.

@Darkon: You heard the man! Let's work it out!!
- I don't mind letting Sha'hGrim play the "trusting one" for the moment, so that when we bump in to Mikel and Yogi, we don't attack them on sight. What are your thoughts on how to make this work out? Runners are, obviously and reasonably, very withdrawn. But they also recognize and utilize "resources" when they arise - which means that most successful runners (which would generally include the ones that are still alive!!) have come to understand that "shoot first and ask questions later" is not always the best choice.
- Also, we're both magicians, so assuming we don't glitch our Assensing test, we should know that Mikel and Yogi aren't directly hostile toward us. That should help us approach them from an RP perspective, right?

I'm ready when you are!
Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 5:08 am

Gala wrote:

- Also, we're both magicians, so assuming we don't glitch our Assensing test, we should know that Mikel and Yogi aren't directly hostile toward us. That should help us approach them from an RP perspective, right?

I'm ready when you are!

And that they are both wired up very well. More so than the average runner/cop/security which will also speak volumes as to what they might be.

Should be fun.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 11:43 am

We could start with some careful evaluation of each other. We don't need to start a firefight just because both groups have an interest in the server farm. And one MIGHT proceed in a joint venture.

The magic might even help us here, especially with Darkons mindbending spells.

Of course, we need a good hacker, since none of us are too good with computers. Wink And Darkons connections that are hackers might not be available at the moment.

On the other hand, given our situation, being hunted and all, gaining mutual trust is very difficult without a little bit of metagaming. At least that's my opinion. Smile

But, in worst case, one of our mentor spirits might give us a nudge towards the two of them. For no reason at all, or maybe to help us along. Or just to mess with us. Wink

I think we should start by approaching carefully. Sniffing each others scent, so to speak. Wink
Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 12:00 pm

Agreed.

Question though. Are we waiting for the players to post or are we waiting for Kesslan to give us results of our rolls? Or both?

I can see us just pushing ahead with out GM involvement.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 12:35 pm

Personally, I was waiting for Kesslans GM post. But if we all agree, I don't necessarily need his input, and we could proceed.

What do the others think about it? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 4:05 am

Personally I'm all for it. It will get the game moving again.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 10:32 am

Well at this point you don't strictly need much input from me as I see it since you mostly need to work out how you handle each group showing up more or less at the same time on your own. You can see each other's character sheets so it's easy enough to tell what you'd learn from your rolls with your assorted perception checks and the book rules. That said I will do a small post to clarify the results as needed, but beyond that your moving more or less under your own power until you decide to actually check the facility itself out as I'm presently assuming you are both a little distance from it when you encounter each other simply for the sake of keeping things as simple as possible.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 12:23 pm

Not that it matters much at the moment, but I can't find Mississippis character sheet. Or maybe it is listed under a different name?
Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 11 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 12:38 pm

Darkon wrote:
Not that it matters much at the moment, but I can't find Mississippis character sheet. Or maybe it is listed under a different name?

Kesslan hasn't posted it up yet.

Luckily though Mikel posted a link to it a few pages back on page 16. It's a few posts down from the top. Hole that helps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat
Page 11 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next