Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeTwinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 7 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat

Go down 
+3
Gala
Darkon
Kesslan
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 5:42 am

Ditto what Darkon sez...don't let this one die
Back to top Go down
Mikel Amroni
Runner
Runner
Mikel Amroni

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 8:18 pm

I saw him for a second today on messenger, so I suspect it's a matter of buried at work or life. And I do mean a second, probably long enough to sign on, check mail and sign right back off.

That said, unless we the players abandon the game, there's no chance of the game dying unless Kesslan just can't run the game any more.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 2:25 am

sometimes real life gets real
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 5:52 pm

Hey Guys,

Sorry about all that but I couldn't connect to the forum for some reason for a bloody long while. Thought it might be down or something so I just kept checking back now and again to see. Looks like it was just something odd on my end not sure. ISP recently changed some things around so that may have been responsible for it. I'll have to look over things and see where everything left off.

That said as a warning I may have to go on hiatus for a few months as the next round of selections for the military is on the 7th and if I get tapped I'll have maybe 2 weeks before I get shipped off to basic training. If I don't well.. I'll be around for a while yet Razz
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 8:19 pm

Well, good to hear from you. Smile Glad you're ok.

And, though it's partially selfish, I hope you can stay for longer.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 2:22 am

Same here, Kess, good to hear from you
Very Happy
And whichever way it goes I'll still be around to pick up on Twinkle or start something new. Your GMing skills are worth waiting for
cheers
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 1:16 pm

Well I dunno that I'd say they are that good. Razz

Things got waaaay more split up than planned with players dropping out all over the place while everything was still running actively.

Who've we got left atm anyway?
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 2:41 pm

well Gash was in 'Vested Interest', but if memory serves he was last seen cruising somewhere around Seattle on his Mirage and toting a backpack full of as yet unstudied bootie from the Exchange
Back to top Go down
Mikel Amroni
Runner
Runner
Mikel Amroni

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 4:52 pm

I'm still here, no worries on that. And if you do end up getting in, all I can say is congrats and well done. I tried with three different services, but kept getting tossed out because of a genetic skin disorder (that, to be fair, is causing me problems now that the Military would be paying for if I had actually got in when I was 18 like I tried doing). Military Service is a thing too many don't realize the importance of, and I commend you for doing it.

As for your GMing skills being worth the wait - I think it's fair to say that everyone in the game thinks so right now, or we'd have bailed out when you lost access to the site.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 8:33 pm

I agree completely with Mikel. Your style of playing and GMing, as far as I have seen, is very enjoyable.

At the current moment in game play, Darkon is in a gay bar, just parting from a barkeeper with personal problems to look for a minotaur barkeeper on the upper floor.

Do I even have to mention I'm still participating? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2012-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 6:47 am

Still here. Pretty busy with life after I got my promotion at work. I basically been taking a break from everything for a while.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 7:19 pm

I'm still in!
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 2:00 pm

Updated the posts.

Not quite sure what you'd like to be doing at this juncture Gala.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 10:00 pm

Yeah, neither am I. Playing, surely. But I have, through my own fault, fallen out of the story line. I'll try to find a good point to fit back in and suggest it to you... Unless you have something planned already?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 10:36 pm

Well right now Darkon is following up on the lead at the bar so you could potentially join him there. You have the figurine you can try and find something from as well. You could look over the gear that's presently stored in Darkon's car, or open Sid's box.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 2:58 am

Ok, I'll post in presently. How long has it been - and how much of her considerable damage has she healed?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 8:44 pm

If I recall correctly it's only been about 8 or 9 hours.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 4:33 am

Ok, so the Stun is all gone; and we haven't even started in on the Physical. I will have to review back a bit to confirm, but I think she has 3 or 4 boxes of Physical (and it can't be magically healed).
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 5:11 pm

As a side note I will OOCly confirm Victor really is mundane but he has 'veteran' level skills... for a bar tender anyway. Along with a few other modifiers meaning he's actually tossing around as many dice as Darkon is.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 8:21 am

You have to figure in the higher-level establishments that the bartenders and wait staff would have some level of "hardening" to negotiations beyond what would be expected of a normal bartender. Because of their higher exposure to social adepts, socially techno-enhanced, and social magicians, even mundane bartenders can only give away so many drinks for free before they start to gain a resistance to social enhancements in general. Or, perhaps rather than a resistance, it would be skill improvements in a sort of "trial by fire" setting, where they have to get better, fast, in order to not go broke or get fired.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 9:32 am

Well keep in mind social adepts and the like are still very rare. Awakened intelligent creatures still only make up about 5% of the global population though that likely doesn't account for shape shifters and a few other awakened species. Even then that would probably only push the population at most to about 10% And then of that 10% awakened many stick to far more awakened friendly countries than places like the UCAS.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 10:29 am

Well, my plan was to:

Spoiler:

He is paying for his drinks, so that shouldn't be a problem for Victor.

On another note, if you want any rolls for con or seduction, please tell me. Even more so as Darkon isn't really into men.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 10:28 pm

At the moment no, but that will depend on your responses etc. There's a number of ways you can play things.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 9:20 am

Hey folks, just having a problem getting a chance to sit down long enough to write the GM posts. Will try for tomorrow as I get off work early that day.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 4:32 pm

Kesslan wrote:
Well keep in mind social adepts and the like are still very rare. Awakened intelligent creatures still only make up about 5% of the global population though that likely doesn't account for shape shifters and a few other awakened species. Even then that would probably only push the population at most to about 10% And then of that 10% awakened many stick to far more awakened friendly countries than places like the UCAS.

I know, which is why I mentioned a few other things: Techno-enhanced, and high-end establishments. If you assume that there are only 1% of the population is a social-adept or social-magician (reasonable assumption, I think), and another 3-5% of the population are social-enhanced, then you're looking at only 4-6% of the population who have enhanced negotiation capacity. Now, if at the same time you figure that "beautiful people" are likely to go to higher-end establishments (also reasonable enough), which might be mostly limited to 25% of the population, or less; then now we're looking at somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-30% of the patrons are socially-enhanced. That's a big chunk. Which is why I thought it was a fun idea to mention that a bartender at a higher-end establishment would likely have had enough exposure to start gaining a resistance to the effects of negotiations. At the higher-end places.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat
Page 7 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next