Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeTwinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 36 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)

Go down 
+8
Darkon
PresentPresence
Kouryuu.LV
Starcraft
Gala
Faust
Jagger
Kesslan
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 36 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 2:51 pm

As Darkon is on the top floor Gala is correct that he could reach the top of the stairs in one move free action. This would also be very near where Sid just went down.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 36 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 2:54 pm

As to posting I'd say give Star until tomorrow morning and then just go ahead and post.

I will also aim to get the GM post for the other thread up and going tonight after work.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 36 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 6:33 am

Ok - I'm ready to post whenever.

As a note: is the initiative/combat on a temporary hold? The swordsman's statement was far more than the "general rule of 6 words". Also, just for kicks, I actually timed how long it takes me to say it (yes, speaking as fast as possible - I rehearsed it several times to make sure there were no hangups). And it takes me 11 seconds to spit it all out. Now, I'm not enhanced with Reflex Enhancements... But my guess is that his whole speech takes him more than one full pass. And if it didn't; I think I'm going to have to assume that Sha'hGrim's pain addled mind didn't catch it all (I'll make a perception test or something). Since it probably came out so fast that she just couldn't keep up.
Can you make a ruling on this?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 36 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 8:35 am

Well for cinematic reasons I will occasionally allow more to be said sometimes than the constantly holding people to just saying 3 words at a time or some such. Just doesn't make sense for some responses etc. That goes for both players and NPCs. And since all 3 presently engaged in combat paused, Alexia was still running all the way around the outside of a very large house and Darkkon was more or less out of combat it seemed to make sense.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 36 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 8:53 am

Kesslan, I need some clarification, por favor.
I have been under the assumption (and yes, I know what 'assume' breaks down into) that Gash and Neuro are in the dark fighting the devil rats. Is this accurate? I mean darkness-wise. Is it full dark or partial light?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 36 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:00 am

I'd say presently partial due to the fact that your still near the entrance to the underground and the underground does have SOME lighting

Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 36 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:07 am

Ok, thanks
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 36 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 1:13 pm

How visible is the attacker? Does Darkon have to make a perception roll first? Or can he target him with the manaball at once? Also... I kind of forgot. Is it possible to exclude friends from the area of a manaball? If not, Darkon will have to aim all the better...
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 36 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:06 pm

On the physical plane, not very much, on the Astral he's as visible as any other person. That said you'd still have to likely take a movement penalty if you want to move into visual range and attack at the same time but beyond that I don't see any issue with it.

That said as your using an AOE Spell, it would have to be resisted by everyone in the Area of Effect, just like a grenade blast or any other AOE based attack. AOE spells, as far as I've ever known, don't exclude friendlies unless the spell description itself states it doesn't hit friendly targets, which isn't the case for Mana Ball.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 36 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 5:18 am

One of the fun things that I've kept alive in my mind is the idea of a Force 7 or Force 8 Mana Ball; and how that would effect people outside of the enclosed space that it's cast in... Example:

You're in a 3M square room. You cast Manaball at Force 8. The Radius of the spell is 8 meters; which would engulf the room it's cast in 4 times over... The rules are quite clear that the spell is contained by the physical walls. But that's so much power, and it's just running up against mere physical barriers... How can we GMs represent something that we think aught to overflow a bit? Maybe everyone within range (even if they take no damage, because they were protected) has their hairs stand up; like they're near a power source... Or maybe there's a slight "push" of some sort? Not enough to move you, but you feel it.
- Anyway, just my musings on the subject.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 36 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 6:39 am

I just had an idea. Darkon had proclaimed to cover the others with his counterspelling. If he uses the manaball, ould he protet the others with his counterspelling against his own spell?

Not wanting to hold up the game for too long, I'll also think of an alternative. Wink
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 36 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 9:04 am

I'm probably going to have to say no on that one. I'm not sure the system is setup for you to counterspell your own spells.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 36 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 9:19 am

Worst case though Dark, you can simply hold your action until your friends are clear and then cast. Or, if you have any other combat spells, use one of those. If Star doesn't post in soon I'm just going ot have Alexia move into the house and warn the others about what she's hearing.

Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 36 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 10:11 am

No other combat spells. But at least one that could be used creatively. (Read violently) Though with the impression that guy is tough, Darkon will have to think that only the big guns will do anything at all.

Holding my action might mean he kills Ashe. Unless holding includes he can still act before the other one does attack again. I' not sure on the ruling there.

Ok, I've got my idea.

EDIT: Whoever that guy is, he can resist the spell with willpower+counterspelling. If he gets more hits than I did. (Which is 9) If not, he's under Darkons control, but can make a new attempt to shake off the control in force(7) combat rounds.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 36 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 9:24 pm

As a note that as Mob Control is an area spell it also effectively attacks both Gala and Jenny/Spirit. The radius isn't quite big enough (I don't think anyway) to also catch the approaching Alexia. It technically would hit Sid too but he's busy being unconscious and dying. That said I don't know if Dark could relax control on just specific subjects in the area or not.

Gala are you at all familiar with this sort of thing? This is certainly where we start treading on areas I'm not so familiar with in Shadowrun.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 36 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 10:03 pm

On a side note, despite my steps to try seriously beef up this particular NPC's resistance to mind control and similar spells, Darkon seriously almost had him. Under normal circumstances, he would have too even with the NPC using edge.

This is one of these times where as a GM I'm going to be awarding Darkon bonus Karma for a great Idea that, unfortunately for him, didn't work. (Though it would have if he'd thrown it at almost anything else)
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 36 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 8:57 am

that guy is really tough. I must say. Maybe I should have been overcasting. ... well, hindsight is always 20/20.

As long as Gala and Alexia are not issued commands, they can act as they please. The command itself was aimed at the enemy alone. The caster can issue commands at all at once, or at specific targets within the reach of the spell.

Are we still in initiative? Or can we talk freely again?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 36 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 12:04 pm

Time is still more or less passing in well... Passes, but for cinatic reasons you can talk freely etc. any combat moves ATM risk triggering a surprise initiative.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 36 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 1:20 pm

The roll was as to the mentor spirit disadvantage. And I thought this situation, especially as his girls are threatened (even more than they actually are) called for one.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 36 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 1:44 pm

Seems like a good use to me. However I'm debating just how mean to be to the lot of you, and at this point Darkon in particular.

Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 36 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 2:05 pm

...this bodes ill
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 36 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 2:09 pm

Don't push him too far. ( Though a little bit more is possible. Wink )

Besides, I planned to use both im and the girls in further adventures. Wink
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 36 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 3:49 pm

I dunno, I was actually rather tempted to have the bad guys kill one of the girls and send Dark the head as a way of making a rather vicious point. That said you've hardly had a chance to RP them yet so that wouldn't be terribly fair of me.

Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 36 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 3:53 pm

you were bitten by a little girl when you were a child, weren't you Kesslan
Razz
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 36 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 4:12 pm

No, that was dogs.

And I still like dogs!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 36 Empty

Back to top Go down

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)
Page 36 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next