Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeTwinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 38 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)

Go down 
+8
Darkon
PresentPresence
Kouryuu.LV
Starcraft
Gala
Faust
Jagger
Kesslan
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 38 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 1:52 pm

Keep in mind you guys did get money from the Exchange for well.. the exchange of goods, some disposable comlinks and so on that we shall assume Alexia had time to collect before rushing out the door. At this point you can safely assume that you can make it to your vehicles and get away from the fight with only a few bullet holes in your vehicles to show for it (Though you'll find it takes a while of driving to get clear of the area jamming). You also all know that ironically the Barrens is one of the safest places to make at least a quick stop in for now as hardly anyone is willing to go in there with anything short of a full platoon of armed and armoured men and that takes a while to organize (And the guys on location now clearly have their hands full for a while)
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 38 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 1:54 pm

I think Gala is referring to the formfitting rule that says formfitting armour is Body X3 (I think that's mentioned in Arsenal as well). Formfitting body suits are however on their own rule set entirely and don't use the typical body X3 for encumbrance as their technically even better and you ignore 1/2 of the armour rating before trying to calculate for encumbrance.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 38 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 1:58 pm

As a note, Chummer is a great program for keeping track of things like this. It's what I've been using for all my CG, character improvement etc. It even calculates encumbrance etc for you (Just go to the gear tab, check the armour your wearing, uncheck what your not and it does all the calculations for you)
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 38 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 2:05 pm

Yes, I am using Chummer as of lately. And It says I have encumbrance too. Wink I'll need to buy a new coat soon. Wink

I'm changing my post this moment to include the damage. Didn't hold off all of it. But it does at least make it stun. A stinging stunted stun though.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 38 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 2:11 am

Thanks for the note on Chummer - I've never used a CG program (I guess that makes me a bit old-school?). Where do I find it? I don't mind giving it a look to see if I like it.

Ok Kesslan - I've given you just a bit more time to prove your point that we're up against some heavy fire-power. I hope you decide not to redecorate Sha'hGrim's body... But she couldn't respond in any other way.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 38 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 5:38 am

You can just google it. It also still recieves regular support.

Additionally Alexia can't send anyone messages over her comlink, as all the comlinks are being jammed and hers isn't good enough to punch through said jamming.
Back to top Go down
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
Starcraft

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexia Mooie Vos
Race: Fox Shapeshifter

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 38 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 7:55 am

its a nice little program but i like Hero Labs beter
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 38 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:38 pm

Ok, I'll edit.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 38 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 5:53 pm

BTW Alexia, since your still poking around the forums I'm going to tell you this now. You've not made an IC post for over 1 month now, as a result you are at risk of being removed from the game and the slot being opened to new players. I'm giving you extra time based on the fact that you did make some mention about having trouble finding the time but even so there's only so much lack of activity I'll allow (That said depending on how things go you might be removed as a still living character and allowed t come back when there's a slot open and your able to post again on a regular basis)
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 38 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 9:57 pm

@Kesslan: 40 seconds is a lot of time. I would consider that a "comfortable" amount of time for Sha'hGrim to load the animals (particularly with the Spirit's help - It can load one animal at a time - Sha'hGrim can load 2), load up, and drive. I have quotations because this is a combat situation; and nothing is actually comfortable. Let me know if your assessment is different?
- There are 8 Animals (plus Chasky and Jenny - they're already in though).
- As of the last IC post, she had 3 loaded.
- It takes 2 complex actions for the Spirit to load an Animal: 1 to possess (Complex); 1 to travel (2 Simple) (1-way; the other way is effectively instantaneous).
- It also takes 2 full passes for Sha'hGrim - but they're different actions: She has to grab them (Simple), get to the truck (Simple), dump them (Simple), get back (Simple).
Based on the above, the remaining 5 Animals should take 4 Complex actions from Sha'hGrim (4 IPs), and 2 Complex Actions from the Spirit (3 IPs in Astral; 1 in Physical).
So the above should take 10-12 seconds. If you consider "fumbling" due to combat; that could double, perhaps, to 20 seconds...

I need you to consider/rule on this. If she can get in the Truck and away as comfortably as it seems she should be able to - then we can gloss over her actions (Or I can post them in one long IC post) and get on with the story.
Otherwise: there's going to be more combat.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 38 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 7:48 am

Looked into Hero Labs and it's actually fairly expensive. You have to buy the base program ($30) + several supplement packages ($55) and even then they still don't have all the books available. So your spending $85 for an incomplete product, and once they get the rest of the books out you'll be hitting closer to $100 for a character generation program and that's only for content specific to Shadowrun.

Chummer is free, receives regular updates, includes all the books to date (Including gear from alternative language books that isn't in the english books) and far as I can tell does absolutely everything Hero Labs does short of giving specific details on gear (But it gives you book page references for all the material). Frankly I'd rather simply donate to the guy making Chummer.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 38 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 7:59 am

As I don't think Darkon would be able to be of any help carrying the animals in time, Gala is just a lot faster than he could be, he will buy her time in another way.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 38 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 8:02 am

Technically Darkon could still be plenty of help. Keep in mind that if your running you travel more or less the exact same distance in the same time as some one with 5 IPs. THe only difference is that the person with 5ips can change their direction, stop/start etc far more often and probably squeeze in a few more running tests for a little added distance.

At the base level however, ignoring boosts from sprinting tests, your move rate is the same. So you could for example run back and forth a few times while some one else loads the car. That's why it took several rounds for Alexia to reach the breach in the wall even though she had 4 IPS. Those extra passes did nothing for her at all when it came to running that distance. (Though she could have done a number of thigns on the way, such as readying weapons, investigate the clues she came across, talk to the team etc)
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 38 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 8:26 am

Ah well. Too late now. Darkon helped as he thought he could. And not very effective at that. But with 40 seconds, he should be able to end the spell and try again on the next round. Hopefully with better results that time.

Street Magic p.171 wrote:
Each net hit scored by the caster applies a –1 dice pool modifier to all of the target’s actions as they gasp and gush. At the gamemaster’s discretion, a character who suffers a dice pool modifier higher than his Willpower is completely incapacitated and pre-occupied.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 38 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 11:38 am

Not bad Darkon, at least two glitched, one critically.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 38 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 1:10 pm

Nice. Still, I think I will try again to get more under my spell.

I find it very fitting that Darkons hybris causes him to not care about being identified as a mage. I'd also like to add that he sits in his armored car.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 38 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 1:33 pm

As long as you keep line of sight there's no issue. Well cept maybe for AP rockets or missiles, though fortunately you wont run into those today Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 38 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 1:48 pm

He is looking out the cars windows/windshield. And he's watching on the physical plane, so he should have a line of sight.

Assuming they are still not firing, Darkon will hold up the spell until they are maybe 20 meters close, or until Sha'hGrim has finished loading up the animals and drives off. If they arrive beforehand, he will drop the orgy and use another spell with a bit more of kick. Probably with another point of edge added.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 38 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 5:44 am

She's loaded up and ready to ride! Depending on how Kesslan wants to rule this: it took her between 10 and 20 seconds. 8 passes should add up to approximately 12 seconds - but I also presume that it will take slightly longer without rolls to support that tight a timeframe (12 seconds would be a "perfect score" scenario). Which is assumed... So, if we call it 20 seconds; then we still make it out in time. And it will take another pass to get in to the Truck and start it - that adds another few seconds.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 38 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 10:25 am

Well we can assume that with boosted reflexes etc, alexia and he spirit helping you, you could do it properly in about 30 seconds short of you Litteraly hurling animals into the car instead of actually being somewhat careful. That's with you all doing it on the run in a scoop up (pick up action) turn around (free more or less) run back, pu down (simple) and accounting for the time it takes you to run the distance in 3 seconds (which divided between passes is not actually that far)
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 38 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 3:01 am

Ok, I've updated, moved, edited, re-written, and written the posts. They should be more or less accurate, now, to your vision of how this thing has worked out. Give it a read and let me know if there are other changes you'd like?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 38 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 6:42 am

The only thing I'd point out is Darkon is already in his own vehicle and Alexia is going to be assumed to be taking her own as well.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 38 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 7:15 am

Yeah, I assumed Alexia is taking her own Truck as well. I can edit again if you like, to update the Darkon comments. Or you could require a perception check of his to either see Sha'hGrim getting in to her Truck, or see Alexia running to hers (he is busy with the spell, after all).

Last edited by Gala on Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 38 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 7:30 am

Well I didn't think I should be quite that mean since I'd already forced you all out of house and home and put the lot of you on the run. Fortunately at least Darkon has the proper skills for finding a temporary safehouse for you all to recoup. Sid also managed to clean all your comlinks before his untimely demise. It's actually Gala's proper comlink that was on the box, not Sid's. The one Gala lost was one of the disposables he handed her to use while he finished checking her actual link. Sid's link was a cybernetic implant.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 38 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 7:44 am

FWHEW!

breathes a deep sigh of relief

Yeah, it's nice to know that after we've been beaten, battered, and half of us knocked off, we're finally in a position where we can get a night's sleep... Hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 38 Empty

Back to top Go down

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next