Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHome<<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 7 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

<<Ultra Red>> OOC

Go down 
+3
wngd_phantom
Mirikon
Jimb011
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Jimb011
Team Leader
Team Leader
Jimb011

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Character sheet
Character Name: Dex
Race: Human
Sex: M

<<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Ultra Red OOC   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 7 EmptySun May 17, 2009 10:58 pm

And we are back sports fans: with a vengeance

Now it has come to my attention that there are some unforeseen instances with the: I roll your defenses and vice verse system.

I feel, as a GM, it is my duty to address this issue.

Therefore I shall WIELD MY GM POWER TO ALTER THE TIME AND SPACE OF THE COSMOS...*ahem* and call a vote to solve this once and for all.

THIS VOTE IS A SECRET VOTE PLEASE PRIVATE MESSAGE ME YOUR ANSWER

The vote is between: Keeping the system where I roll for your character's defenses and vice verse.

OR

Going back to the old traditional way of me rolling for my own character's defenses and vice verse.

However, There will be only two answers. there is no: I don't care, Both are fine, both are bad (which is kinda weird and counter productive in its nature), tie vote (and since there are 5 players only a rupture in the time space continuum or magic can cause that) or I will not vote. I want definite answers people!

One more thing: The reason I decided to implement the I roll for your characters defenses and vice verse policy was to make the combat rounds go a lot faster and smoother. I'm not sure whether the game will slow down if the vote goes towards: I roll for mine and vice verse traditional policy because this is how I have been playing it since the beginning and this is my first time GMing a Shadow run game....Ever.

I HAVE SPOKEN!
Back to top Go down
Jimb011
Team Leader
Team Leader
Jimb011

Character sheet

PostSubject: Ultra Red   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 7 EmptyMon May 18, 2009 6:09 pm

Alright, we are keeping the current system.

But from now on I want to be clear on somethings just to make this game a little simpler (I'm sorry if I wasn't clear before)

1. If they have guns use their dodge modifier for them to defend themselves unless otherwise stated by me.

2. If they have swords or are unarmed use their parry or Block modifier (or which ever is higher) unless otherwise stated by me.

Alright, carry on I'll be posting in a short bit.
Back to top Go down
Jimb011
Team Leader
Team Leader
Jimb011

Character sheet

PostSubject: Ultra Red.   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 7 EmptyMon May 18, 2009 10:14 pm

Hey guys, its been a long day for me, I'll post tomorrow. Its going to have to be a biiiiiiiiiig post because a lot of things need clarifying and are about to happen at once. So just bear with me OK?
Back to top Go down
Stubbspks
Team Leader
Team Leader

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Character sheet
Character Name: Yiska Keme
Race: Dwarf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: <<Ultra Red>> OOC   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 7 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 1:26 am

wait but dodge is only used when they take a full defense in ranged combat.

Ranged Defense = Reaction
Full Ranged Defense = Reaction + Dodge

Full means no complex action on your next turn.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stubbspks.com
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

PostSubject: Re: <<Ultra Red>> OOC   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 7 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 5:31 am

we settled this argument once a bit ago, house ruling of both melee and ranged getting reaction + dodge
Back to top Go down
Stubbspks
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: <<Ultra Red>> OOC   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 7 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 6:41 am

oof... so does going on full defense actually have any effect aside from making it so you can't act?

Also, that doesn't really help this situation since I still don't know the enemy's reaction score :-P
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Character sheet
Character Name: Shadow

PostSubject: Re: <<Ultra Red>> OOC   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 7 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 7:30 pm

Jimbo included their reaction into their dodge score, so that we wouldn't need to keep track of two different sets of numbers.

And the Full Defense option still helps if your parrying or such.
Back to top Go down
Stubbspks
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: <<Ultra Red>> OOC   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 7 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 5:19 am

alright, so I guess you're waiting on me to roll their defenses or something? I keep getting e-mails that the thread has new posts but I didn't realize it was about an edit, lol

I can't edit Phantom's post, but I'll just make another below it
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: <<Ultra Red>> OOC   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 7 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 10:38 pm

>Smile I finally caught some love from the roller. In a most satisfying way, too.
Back to top Go down
Stubbspks
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: <<Ultra Red>> OOC   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 7 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 8:33 am

Sorry for the hold up I caused there guys. I've been pretty heavily medicated since last thursday due to a cold which seems to now be passing and I didn't realize there had been an edit to a post.

I kept checking the thread and seeing mine was the last post so I thought we were waiting on someone else.. lol
Back to top Go down
Jimb011
Team Leader
Team Leader
Jimb011

Character sheet

PostSubject: Ultra Red   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 7 EmptySun May 24, 2009 8:39 pm

Its peanut butter...Karma time!

The problem with doing this individually is that not everyone was here all the time. Furthermore we lost and gained a player. So therefore everyone take 25 points of Karma.

This is total for:

The Glider incident.

The Chupacabra ambush

The first Gun Battle.

I will say what you find in the vehicles and on the soldiers in a bit.
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: <<Ultra Red>> OOC   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 7 EmptyMon May 25, 2009 2:08 am

Alright. With his karma, Shadow will buy a new point of magic (6 x 3 = 18)
This gives him a new power point, which he will apply towards his improved reflexes, bringing the rating to 2.

I'll bank the rest.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: <<Ultra Red>> OOC   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 7 EmptyMon May 25, 2009 1:22 pm

yipee Karma, Jotunn and taviro are going for a group initiation with an Vengeance Oath ordeal, that should bring the price down to 6 for a grade 1 initiation, in which he'll pick centering as his metamagic power. , then Taviro is going to amp up his Magic from 5 - 6. That should leave me with 1 karma point, which i'll bank.
Back to top Go down
Jimb011
Team Leader
Team Leader
Jimb011

Character sheet

PostSubject: Ultra Red   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 7 EmptyMon May 25, 2009 1:49 pm

Great googly moogly! what is the Vengeance Oath ordeal group initiation Phantom!?
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Number of posts : 1442
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{

PostSubject: Re: <<Ultra Red>> OOC   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 7 EmptyMon May 25, 2009 2:07 pm

Group Initiation is when two or more magic slingers/adepts that believe in the same religion come together to initiate. That's a base-20% reduction in Karma

Oath Ordeal is where initiates have to swear an oath to the group. If they break the oath, they lose the benefits of their initiation, until they make it up some how. That's an additional base-20% reduction.

10 +(Grade*3) = base; these two reductions can be combined for a total base-40% reduction.

The Oath we chose is Vengeance.

Vengeance: An attack on one member of the Order is an attack on all members of the Order. All attacks must be repaid. The member in question may chose to decline assistance as a matter of personal honor.

10 + (1*3) = 13*.4 = 5.2, round up to 6
13-6 = 7
Back to top Go down
Toldrumen

Toldrumen

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-04-29

PostSubject: Re: <<Ultra Red>> OOC   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 7 EmptyMon May 25, 2009 6:09 pm

I'm going to bank all mine.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: <<Ultra Red>> OOC   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 7 EmptyMon May 25, 2009 9:24 pm

Group Initiation with Oath Ordeal Grade 1 = 7 karma
Metamagic: Adept Centering: Adpet Centers; free action (Battle Cry) to reduce negative modifiers to combat and physical tests by his Initiation Grade.

Remaining Karma 18

I'll decide what I want to do with that in a bit.
Back to top Go down
Jimb011
Team Leader
Team Leader
Jimb011

Character sheet

PostSubject: Ultra Red.   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 7 EmptyThu May 28, 2009 9:29 pm

Ok what I'm saying is Hawk only Taviro can give orders to the captured soldier since he is under Taviro's spell. He is the only one who can give the directions to the dude. He can give instructions in English but the dude will be speaking responses in Spanish. And if Taviro doesn't understand Spanish he can't understand what the guy's saying hawk may need to translate for the captured soldier. I guess I'll pm this information to those characters that can speak spanish)
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: <<Ultra Red>> OOC   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 8:47 am

well, I had a nice post... full of the Oath and everything... but then my internet dropped... and I lost it... and I don't feel like doing it again.
Back to top Go down
Jimb011
Team Leader
Team Leader
Jimb011

Character sheet

PostSubject: Ultra Red   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 9:16 pm

Ok people what is going on? You've got several trucks, a bunch of dead bodies and a little info. What is the plan here? The story can continue but I need someone to do something or go somewhere or what have you besides interrogations and first aid.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: <<Ultra Red>> OOC   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 10:41 am

Jim, it's your turn.
Back to top Go down
Jimb011
Team Leader
Team Leader
Jimb011

Character sheet

PostSubject: posting   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 12:52 pm

I apologize for my lateness in posting people. Ive been kinda down and out lately. Sort of a funk really. I'll try to post. But I'll understand if you want to terminate my position or move my Ultra red game to the grave yard.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: <<Ultra Red>> OOC   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 4:56 pm

sorry guys, life has caught up to me. I don't know when I'll be back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: <<Ultra Red>> OOC   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

<<Ultra Red>> OOC
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7