Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHome<<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 6 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

<<Ultra Red>> OOC

Go down 
+3
wngd_phantom
Mirikon
Jimb011
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Number of posts : 1442
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Race: Human
Sex: Male

<<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: <<Ultra Red>> OOC   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 10:48 pm

I edited my last post in the game thread to reflect what Jimbo had said... didn't see the point in posting a second one.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: <<Ultra Red>> OOC   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 8:56 pm

I can't find the rules on activating an adept power like Attribute Boost. Is it a Free or Simple Action?
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

PostSubject: Re: <<Ultra Red>> OOC   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 8:59 pm

rules say to use it just make a magic + (attribute boost) test, so effectivly no action required, it is simply a test. but not of the emergency broadcast system.
Back to top Go down
Jimb011
Team Leader
Team Leader
Jimb011

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Character sheet
Character Name: Dex
Sex: M

PostSubject: Ultra Combat   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 8:37 am

Ok, so we are in combat. I want to know How everyone thinks we should do this. I.E. if I have critters attack do you guys want to roll your own defenses? or do you want me to roll them for you? The reason I'm asking is that there are several forms of defense I.E. Parry, Dodge and blocking and I don't exactly know what you want to do in that case.
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: <<Ultra Red>> OOC   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 3:18 pm

Personal preference would be to roll my own defenses. Then I have no one else to blame. Wink

Also would prefer it working the same on the flip side (you roll enemy's defenses).
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Character sheet
Character Name: Shadow

PostSubject: Re: <<Ultra Red>> OOC   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 9:43 pm

I'd rather go with the person doing the posting doing the rolls for both sides. We can see every roll because we record them, so there's no real worry of cheating. It will take a long, long time to get through combat if we have to wait on every side to post their rolls.

For Shadow's part, he'll use the riposte ability just about every chance he gets. If there's a round coming up where I don't want him to use it, I'll post here before the fact.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: <<Ultra Red>> OOC   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 9:51 pm

i'm with t-hawk, having our side roll defense for the enemy and offense for ourselves, and vice versa for the GM, is faster, cleaner, and eliminates confusion on who or what is going to die, true it isn't traditional, but i never liked traditions.
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: <<Ultra Red>> OOC   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 6:09 am

Eh, I'm just not comfortable doing that. Just has an air of wrongness about it to me.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: <<Ultra Red>> OOC   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 4:51 pm

Phantom, I need to give a heads up. I'll be on the road for the next two weeks, and I can't be certain that I'll be able to make a post on any given day. If more than a day goes by and I haven't logged on, Phantom can run Jotunn for me. I hate to do this guys, but it can't be avoided.
Back to top Go down
Jimb011
Team Leader
Team Leader
Jimb011

Character sheet

PostSubject: Ultra Red   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 5:03 pm

Alright here is how its going down chummers. To save Nuyen, time and efficiency I will be rolling defensive scores for you when I attack you and you will be rolling defensive scores for my critters.

HOWEVER, If you want to use a different form of defense you may PM me of any changes and I will re-roll for your new move instead.

HOWEVER, I will be keeping that re-roll even if its worse then the first roll I roll.

BUT ALSO If the enemy cannot get through your defenses I will leave it up to you to describe how you daringly dodge, parry, block, armor, spell etc out of the way. If the enemy makes it through your defenses it will be up to me to describe what happens.

HOWEVER if you want me to describe Both former and the latter of hit and miss you can PM me as well on this issue.

If this were a actual table top game with people sitting at that table then it would be easier to do it the other way. But since this is a forum its a little more simple this way.

As to Wrecks road trip: OK

Alright then lets get back to the action. The first set of critters will be attacking shortly.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: <<Ultra Red>> OOC   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 5:31 pm

Sounds good. For Jimbo and Phantom's consideration, Jotunn will keep using his axe on these things. Anything that looks that nasty deserves personal attention.

When one of his boosts wears off, he'll immediately re-boost unless combat is over.
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: <<Ultra Red>> OOC   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 9:57 pm

I'm sorry, I'm just not comfortable rolling the defense for the enemy characters. Just goes against all my gaming experience. Its like a SR pixie WoD vampire DnD clerics in a Champions game. Its just wrong, on so many levels. So I'll be dropping out of this game.
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: <<Ultra Red>> OOC   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 12:23 am

Jimbo, let me clear a couple things by you with my post.

1.) Iaijutsu allows the character to quick draw and attack if he makes the threshold. I didn't here, but was already committed to the attack. So I went ahead and just assumed that the draw itself did not succeed, not that the attack completely failed. If this doesn't meet with approval, I will remove all that follows it in the post.

2.) The full defense option can be used at the end of one combat round, but the user sacrifices his next attack when doing so. Two-weapon style allows one to use the full defense option with one weapon, while attacking with the second weapon. So I assumed that I could defend with the katana, and attack with Kataki next round. Again, if this doesn't meet your approval, I will remove it.

3.) The improvised melee weapon table doesn't list a sheathed sword, so I used the Pool Cue to base my damage on. Again, let me know if you disapprove.
Back to top Go down
Jimb011
Team Leader
Team Leader
Jimb011

Character sheet

PostSubject: Ultra Red   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 6 EmptySun May 03, 2009 1:53 pm

Ok so that's Day 1, day 2 will begin once our new player or players are ready.
Back to top Go down
Toldrumen

Toldrumen

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-04-29

PostSubject: Re: <<Ultra Red>> OOC   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 6 EmptyMon May 04, 2009 10:34 pm

For Dorian, English will be in normal text, Inner Monologue will be in Italics, and Japanese will be in blue.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: <<Ultra Red>> OOC   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 4:58 am

Does anyone notice that he has the human looking quality, the rules for say that barring an actual blood test there is no practical way to know if his character is ork or not.
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: <<Ultra Red>> OOC   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 11:31 am

My bad. I saw the part about the delusions, but overlooked the human-looking quality. I've corrected it.
Back to top Go down
Toldrumen

Toldrumen

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-04-29

PostSubject: Re: <<Ultra Red>> OOC   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 11:35 am

I'm thinking about trying to do some first aid on mr-drenched-in-blood, but how long has it been since he got those wounds?
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: <<Ultra Red>> OOC   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 11:56 am

Should be one night... so about 8 hours, unless we've missed some time we don't know about. I don't know if we took any actual damage from the explosion. If not, the wounds are superficial. Though treating them is always a good idea... in a jungle even the smallest cuts can go septic really quickly.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: <<Ultra Red>> OOC   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 1:00 pm

Jimbo, can you post in what Jotunn finds in the woods before Taviro bursts on the scene? Does he see what was making the noise?
Back to top Go down
Stubbspks
Team Leader
Team Leader

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Character sheet
Character Name: Yiska Keme
Race: Dwarf

PostSubject: Re: <<Ultra Red>> OOC   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 6 EmptySun May 10, 2009 6:42 am

Hey guys.

If you still need me, I'm back. Sorry to have vanished like that, but I had some RL stuff to deal with.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stubbspks.com
Jimb011
Team Leader
Team Leader
Jimb011

Character sheet

PostSubject: Ultra Red OOC   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 6 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 2:44 pm

Btw for visual purposes. The small cliff overlooking the the are is 50 feet up at steep angle with base of about 10 yards. Starting at the bottom of the cliff would be 20 yards away away from them. The Enemy patrol is about 30 yards away.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: <<Ultra Red>> OOC   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 6 EmptySat May 16, 2009 11:22 am

Okay, before I post in I've got some clarifications make sure of.

Jimbo, we the two guards outside the vehicle are dead?

What, if any, chance does Jotunn have of crashing through the roof of the vehicle?
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: <<Ultra Red>> OOC   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 6 EmptySun May 17, 2009 7:43 am

considering that i'm the one aiming where to drop you, and i can't see that far, you'd be dropped about 10 away from the jeep, give or take.
Back to top Go down
Jimb011
Team Leader
Team Leader
Jimb011

Character sheet

PostSubject: Ultra Red   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 6 EmptySun May 17, 2009 8:46 am

hello folks, Internet problems again, I think it was Comcast's final revenge since they did say they would cut us off within 30 days. Back in action now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: <<Ultra Red>> OOC   <<Ultra Red>> OOC - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

<<Ultra Red>> OOC
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next