Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeSome Assembly Required -IC - Page 9 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Some Assembly Required -IC

Go down 
+5
Digital Doom
Professor
Aalith
Jagger
No_Name
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Tokko Tsuonomi
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

Some Assembly Required -IC - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Some Assembly Required -IC - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 12:57 am

[Tokko searches for a weak spot in the chaos, a sensitive part of the machine or a fire alarm, a fuse box, anything that can be used for a distraction. See perception test.]

Frag...How about we get the hell out of here before they go on a stampede?
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Some Assembly Required -IC - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 7:12 am

Staring out at the incredible scene before them, Jhon for once agrees with Sparks' uncouth statement. A strange lethargy comes over him and the weapon almost drops from his nerveless fingers.

"Out..." he murmurs, his breath caught in a chest that seems tightly banded in steel. With an effort he forces the words out louder.

"Out! Get us out of here!"

Tearing his eyes away from the weird machine and its host of attendant cyborg drones, Jhon turns to the group and is suddenly struck by the sight of a Meera who seems to have been somehow affected by the chaos in the machine room, or perhaps by the proximity of it and its worker drones.

"Ricky," he calls to the mage doc, "look at Meera! What's wrong with her?"

Then an idea strikes him and he raises the weapon, aiming it at the girl.

"Is she one of them?!"
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Some Assembly Required -IC - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 7:33 am

[Just to be clear, Meera's 'moments' are brief and now that the characters think about it they did occur a few times in the long walk down the hallway. Not that this changes what is happening, just wanted to make sure we were clear.]

At the sight of the weapon pointed at her and Jhon's accusation Meera lets out a loud scream and quickly ducks behind Ricky before stumbling and collapsing into a ball on the floor. cycling between crying to herself and yelling "I am NOT on of them!"

You all take a minute to thank whatever it is you believe in for all the noise of the machine and construction, no one would have heard Meera's scream.

Sparks, Atashi: at the sound of Meera's scream you witness that a couple of the closer free beings turn and look in this direction and slowly (Like giant black tigers) start stalking in this direction.

Tokko: There are several control panels by the machine but no fire alarms (as a matter of fact you have seen no sign of fire alarms at all this whole time, OSHA would go ballistic if they were here, the cat walks dont even have side rails), circuit breakers or anything like that. Perhaps such things are located under the grated flooring...perhaps they aren't used at all.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Some Assembly Required -IC - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 8:44 am

(Also to clarify, I am using Composure tests for most of Jhon's reactions to stressful situations. St Nougat, if you'd prefer, I'll start showing results in my posts.)
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Some Assembly Required -IC - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 8:48 am

[No need Jagger, I appreciate the role playing. I just wasn't sure if i was clear enough before so I posted a brief clarification to make sure everyone is on the same page. As i said it would not effect the actions at all.]
Back to top Go down
Professor
Meat
Meat
Professor

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2011-09-24

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Some Assembly Required -IC - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 10:03 am

he tries to shush Meera. " Meera please!" he looks out in fear as the cybogs start turning toward them. "sparks, the door, now .... please..."
Back to top Go down
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2011-10-01

Character sheet
Character Name: Faust
Race: Human Drake

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Some Assembly Required -IC - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 1:03 pm

"Meera, kindly shut the frag up, you aren't helping." Sparks quickly whips up a special package for the communications protocols and encryption[6d6.hits(5) → [4,5,1,5,4,4] = (2) Two hits to thread a RAT Trojan with the Infectious option Resist Fading 8d6.hits(5) → [5,2,6,2,6,4,2,3] = (3) three hits, making that less of an issue] and uploads it into their transmission stream before closing the doors. "Let's see how that fragging works."
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Some Assembly Required -IC - Page 9 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 10:41 am

Atashi and Sparks: You watch as Sparks sends his program off into the airwaves hoping that someone will DL the program. As soon as he is done sending it one of the free creatures who was stalking towards the lift rears back on it its legs and lets loose a howl that fills the matrix with noise. Then the other one starts running towards to the lift.

Everyone: A sound long drawn out noise that sounds like a cross between white noise and a wolf howl fills the entire chamber, echoing off the walls. As the echoing howl dies down the room is, comparatively, quiet. The only noise is the thrumming of the massive machine. You all look to see that all of the workers have stopped their tasks and are looking straight at the lift (the guards are looking as well). Then all at the exact same time they take a step towards you, the sound of a hundred footfalls sounding at once, then another and another as they starting walking as one towards the lift.
Back to top Go down
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Some Assembly Required -IC - Page 9 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 11:18 am

"To fraggin' soon." Sparks dives down and wires a random floor[5d6.hits(5) → [1,3,6,1,2] = (1) one hit]. He then turns, and looks at Jhon for a moment, applies a swift kick to the groin[5d6.hits(5) → [1,3,6,1,2] = (1) one hit]"HAVE YOU LOST YOUR FRAGGING MIND?!?!?! IF SHE WERE ONE OF THEM, OR EVEN FRAGGING BROADCASTING, DON'T YOU THINK ONE OF US WOULD HAVE FRAGGING TOLD YOU?!?!?! ARE YOU TRYING TO GET US FRAGGING CAUGHT?!?!?!" He takes several deep breaths, visibly trying to calm down, "I know I'm not good with people, but DON'T YOU THINK EITHER TITS OR I WOULD HAVE FRAGGING MENTIONED IF MEERA WERE BROADCASTING ANYTHING? You're the fragging professional, so USE YOUR FRAGGING BRAIN FOR SOMETHING OTHER THAN AN ELABORATE COOLING MECHANISM FOR YOUR FRAGGING BLOOD!!!! Right now, your job is getting all the nice civilians OUT OF HERE, AND TO FRAGGING SAFETY!!!!! Now, thanks to you, WE'VE LOST OUR BEST FRAGGING CHANCE TO GET A BACKDOOR INTO THEIR FRAGGING SYSTEMS WITHOUT THEM NOTICING!!!! Am I forgetting anything?"

[Flashing back to Basic with that one....]
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Some Assembly Required -IC - Page 9 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 12:14 pm

As Sparks Goes off on Jhon, Meera covers her head with her arms and tries to scoot herself as far into the corner as she can (remember she in already on the floor in the fetal position), she is biting her lip so hard that her teeth have pierced her skin and a thin trickle of blood runs down her chin.

Oh yea and the doors close with a hiss and the lift starts to move again.

Back to top Go down
Professor
Meat
Meat
Professor

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Some Assembly Required -IC - Page 9 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 1:17 pm

As the doors close...

"Ay Dios Mio!! alright" He leans down ot help Meera and then turns his face away from her to the others. "Well, that wasn't good. Ok, let's find another floor and get the hell outta here. Did you SEE how many of those things there were?!! We really need to find a way out. Do you think the other end of hte circuits will get us to the way out? Or should we try somewhere inthe middle?"

He looks about, clearly not hte leader type nor trying to be. He looks scared and nervous as he rubs Meera's shoulder to help calm her.

" And now, we're ALL in this together. NO more yelling at each other!! Lets get through this and get the hell out of here. comprede' ? "
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Tokko Tsuonomi
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Some Assembly Required -IC - Page 9 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 1:43 pm

Tokko is in bad shape. He's pale, his hands shaking and his face seems to have more wrinkles then a day before. Dude, you need to calm down. Seeing Sparks opening his mouth to make another wise-arse comment or lash out, Tokko aims both pistols on his head. Up close. I feel we need some groundrules here, so number 1: don't kick the dude with the gun. It's quite self-explanatory, but if you need further exposition, I can provide one. - as he speaks, his face beginning to change, his lips are getting shorter and thicker, revealing his tusks, his eyes are looking bigger and even more crazier as his eyebrow line becoming more emphasized and he drops one gun until it's on the level of Spark's kneecap. Rule number 2: no fraggin' screaming! If you start, the crazy chick starts then the other chick follows until it feels like we have a fraggin' horde of wailing infants on us! And what part of NO TALKING UNTIL ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY haven't you understood?! He pushes the gun's barrel into Sparks face until it hurts. So if I hear one voice above normal volume, I will not care about your tech-wizard magics and I'm going to shoot you in the stomach! You remember what happened with that elf when I shot her in the chest? Wasn't pretty, was it? So call each other names, be a drekhead, I don't care, but if you make so much as a loud fart, I'll turn your insides into goo, understood?

Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Some Assembly Required -IC - Page 9 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 1:44 pm

Though Jhon hardly felt the kick to his groin (Damage Resistance: 3d6.hits(5) [2,6,5] = (2 hits), Sparks' tirade gets through and, dropping the weapon to the floor, Jhon grabs the kid by the front of his jumpsuit and lifts him off the floor, bringing the sixteen-year-old up face to face and eye to eye.

"As for getting us captured - who just alerted the entire legion of cyborg drone-heads with his little present?! Who was that, Sparks?"

Jhon lowers Sparks back to the floor, but maintains his hold.

"Listen, all of you," Jhon rasps vehemently, "do you think MCT trains its employees on this kind of drek?! Yeah, I'm a professional - a professional corporate wageslave, just like Andrew there. I have some security training, but not to handle something like this! I'm as lost as the rest of you."

Releasing the kid, Jhon turns away and retrieves the weapon. He stands motionless for a moment, gazing at the dartgun-thing-whatever it is, then jams it behind his belt and looks at the group.

"Listen up, chummers, 'cause its time you hear this and loud&clear. You're all waiting for Tokko and I, or Sparks and Atashi, to rescue you from the boogeymen. Well I got a newsflash for you. We're ALL in this! Tokko and I, Sparks and Atashi, we ALL need rescuing! Tokko and I have the most combat training, but we can't do it all by ourselves! You saw how many of those things were in that room! You think the two of us can just waltz in there and pick all of them off with these things??" Jhon holds up the dartgun and jams it back.

Looking around at the frightened, angry, confused faces, Jhon's own fury abruptly drains away like water through a sieve, and he leans heavily against the wall of the elevator, pressing his hands against his temples. He squeezes his eyes shut for a few moments, his lips moving soundlessly - perhaps in prayer, perhaps in self recrimination.

After a little time, he straightens up, looks from one to another of the group, then says calmly and evenly, "I'm sorry. I know you're all depending on me, as I do myself. But I'm as human as the rest of you. I'm not Superman. I'm doing the best I can."

Jhon looks down at Meera, the girl's fright cutting him deeply as he knows its because of him.
"Meera, I'm sorry. I know you're not one of them. Please forgive me, I was frightened and confused. I was wrong. I won't hurt you, I swear."

He looks at Ricky, asking silently for the mage healer to talk to her, explain to her. Jhon knows she'll listen to Ricky and can only trust that Ricky will understand and tell the girl that Jhon has gotten control of himself again.
Back to top Go down
Professor
Meat
Meat
Professor

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Some Assembly Required -IC - Page 9 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 7:46 pm

Ricky looks up at Jhon, then back to Meera. "Meera, it's alright. I can't imagine what these bastards have done to you. We're going to get you out of here. We're ALL going to get out of here.. TOGETHER. We're all scared, but we're going ot get out of here. Sparks is gonna get us to a floor where we can get moving. From there, we'll find a way out."

He realizes in the hubbub that he dropped his spell and frowns. He takes a moment to recast it.

OOC:

Bedside manner to calm Meera 1 sux, and Glitch

Casting detect life 1 sux

Resist drain 3 sux, no drain
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Some Assembly Required -IC - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 11:40 am

Meera unfolds herself but continues to sit on the floor. She wipes the blood from her swollen lip and simply says, "I don't like this place."

After the door closes and all of the yelling has died down, during the quiet and uncomfortable trip Sparks and Atashi look up to see one of the free creatures inside the lift with them. It is clinging to the wall and ceiling in one of the top corners watching the group. Sparks and Atashi, you are sure that it made eye contact with you...not that the thing has eyes from what you can tell.....

The Lift travels up a relatively short distance before coming to a stop. [For the record Sparks managed to program in the second floor, I rolled randomly and got a two. Rolling a 1 would have really sucked for you guys] The Doors open with a hiss.

Before you spans another massive room (Although the ceiling here isn't as high, you can tell where it ceiling is) going off as far as you can see in every direction. There are many rooms of various sized within this room. This is obviously a science lab with the smaller rooms being used as labratories for various types of experiments.

There are Large fluid filled tanks with various metahumans floating in them; wires tubes and hoses imbedded into their flesh.

In a few other labs there appear to be vivisections are going on.

You watch as a heavily cybered troll is placed in front of a device and incinerated.

There are very few guards that you can see but there are tons of Lab Coats.

Perhaps one of the strangest things you see are a few tanks with some strange black creatures in them. These creatures look like HR Giger (the guy who designed the Aliens in the Aliens series) designed a tiger the size of a troll and gave it tenticles coming out from the shoulderblade area. Sparks and Atashi recognize the bodies immediately.
Back to top Go down
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
Starcraft

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexia Mooie Vos
Race: Fox Shapeshifter
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Some Assembly Required -IC - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 10:57 pm

Atashi looks up form the Console as the doors open on the First floor and is speechless by the sight in front of her, she sees the Cyber specters approach and is stunned then by sparks actions she continues to feel frozen and unable to move until the doors close and provides them safety. she watched the goings on previously as though through someone else's eyes unable to control her body as much as she screamed to do so in her mind. Then cam the security of the closed doors and she felt the control come back into her limbs, she noticed where Meera went and wished she could go over there and help her though for whatever reason she seemed to in most cases have the complete opposite effect, usually antagonizing responses ensued. but she learned to cope with it and found the few friends she made throughout life were true friends. she then witnessed Tokko push the gun into sparks head threatening him with it and she couldn't help exclaiming Oh great all we need is another complete Oaf with the group, where did you get your education? the back side of a Soy-Jacks box? I cant believe that drecks like you can even handle a gun when a simple button is out of your comprehension even with a picture diagram next to it displaying how to use said button. however Tokko kept on talking giving off his rules Wow so the Meat head CAN count that's astounding! what other tricks do you have or is that all your brain can handle? then he went on to talk about how he supposedly killed the guard and she laughs aloud HA! you think that was your doing? News flash there drecks, that was his doing she points at sparks the guard was dead before you put a hole in its chest, but what can i say You are as strong as an ox and almost as intelligent she goes back to examining the panel trying to decipher it putting the event behind her almost as quickly as it started, obviously showing her extent yet again with social interactions and her knowledge of such. then she quips in one final remark whilst not paying any head to those around her Oh yea, and the only one who gets to insult and bully sparks is ME!
Back to top Go down
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Some Assembly Required -IC - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 11:15 pm

A thought hits Sparks, after running through what happened on the last floor, "Frag, frag, frag, frag, frag. It's so fraggin' simple, why the frag didn't I think of it before? We're all fragging tagged, probably with fraggin' biometrics. That's why they didn't notice us until the massive freak-out. Everyone stay arctic, and you won't fraggin' trip any alarms just fraggin' yet. Some hot-drek engineer I turned out to be." He looks at Atashi, "You think you can find the datastream on the tags, or do I have to fraggin' do this the painful way?"
Back to top Go down
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
Starcraft

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexia Mooie Vos
Race: Fox Shapeshifter
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Some Assembly Required -IC - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 11:22 pm

Atashi nods but first we have to deal with this specter ((Analyze the specter (6d6.hits(5)=1) to figure out what the hell it is) then as she look out of the lift Oh frelling great, well sparks we know where those things went when they left the guards

Last edited by Starcraft on Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NickelB
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 74

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Some Assembly Required -IC - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 1:10 am

after watching that outburst. and seeing everyone calm down Andrew is relieved slightly, but he still feels the tension in the group.

hoping to ease the situation in the party andrew calmly, or as calm as he can, says "hey guys, i know we're all stressin here, but can we atleast try to stay on the same side? atleast until we get outta this place. we're all in the same boat here. i'm sure we have a better chance of escaping this forsaken hellhole if we work together on this. and lastly, this floor seems to be filled with randoids so should we try maybe a different floor or can we make it around these 'coats'?"

after speaking andrew steps back to listen to any ideas that get tossed in, but he stays ready to step in and mediate any situation that will make it harder for us to leave this place.

[he is my 'calm the storm' check]
[CHA(4) + Neg(3) + Tail. Pher.(2) = 9]
[9d6.hits(5) → [1,2,3,5,6,1,4,3,6] = (3)]
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3240360/
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Some Assembly Required -IC - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 5:51 am

Atashi, your analyse of the specter in the lift with you reveals nothing but gibberish.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Some Assembly Required -IC - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 11:40 am

"Wait!" Jhon spoke urgently, thinking hard and fast. He was no technical wiz by any means, but something about what Sparks and Atashi were saying struck a nerve in him.

Intuition 3 + Logic 3 (Cognitive Test (?))
Result=6d6.hits(5) → [6,5,2,1,1,1] = (2 hits)

After a few moments thought, his gaze unfocused, Jhon snapped his fingers and said, "You need to know what kind of tags these are, if there are any. MCT often used empathy tags on their workers to induce high work ethics. I've also heard of other emotion-inducing devices for other purposes."

He looked at Sparks intently, "If these tags are empathic-inducers, is it possible that sending a charge through them could set off intense emotional states in all of us? Could they, in fact, be the cause of our emotional outbursts?"
Back to top Go down
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Some Assembly Required -IC - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 12:33 pm

"Nah, pretty fragging sure that's just putting me in with a group. Seems every fragger out there takes offense to me." Sparks looks carefully at the spectre, and has an idea, sending out a handshake protocol to it while Atashi attempts to analyze it. "Haven't you even bothered looking at the psych profile of the chummer you're supposed to skrag?"
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Some Assembly Required -IC - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 5:21 pm

"So you know about that, do you?" Jhon says mildly, not showing even a hint of surprise at the young technomancer's knowledge. It seems, at least for the moment, that all the fight has gone out of Jhon.

"You might as well know that I have no personal issues with what you are. And, if it means anything to you or not, if - no, when - we get out of this, I'm quitting MCT. Whether they're responsible for all this or not, I've had enough of toeing the corporate line. I'm sick of busting honest folks for trumped-up corporate bulldrek."

Jhon eyes the kid, then adds, "I'm not blind to the fact that its been you who's gotten us this far. And while you're a serious pain in the hoop," a grin lifts the corners of Jhon's lips, "you've earned your parole, from me at least."
Back to top Go down
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Some Assembly Required -IC - Page 9 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 11:20 am

"Wasn't hard to figure out, since the dumb fragger sent the e-mail while I was still sitting in his office." Sparks says, still watching the spectre, "But since Hotness has some programs now, I might need to run decoy for a bit. And frag, is that drek gonna blow......"
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Some Assembly Required -IC - Page 9 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 3:26 pm

[Sparks, as you send out the handshake protocol the Specter looks directly at you and tenses its body as if it is going to pounce you. Eventually it settles back into its relaxed observation of the group]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -IC   Some Assembly Required -IC - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Some Assembly Required -IC
Page 9 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next