Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomePart 1: Univited Guest OOC - Page 2 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Part 1: Univited Guest OOC

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Part 1: Univited Guest OOC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 9:42 pm

Motoko, meanwhile, fully intends to get into the safety of her van, and let the combat drones take care of any fighting. Afterall, that's why she has them. Oh, and using the sniper rifle out the gunports.
Back to top Go down
jo-chan
Runner
Runner
jo-chan

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Character sheet
Character Name: Lava
Race: Orc
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 12:34 am

this is pretty much how I pictured the current positioning of everyone...

Part 1: Univited Guest OOC - Page 2 FloorPlan-1

so the front door is closer, and kind of covered by the drones... Mokoto's kind of 6 one way half a dozen the other, though there are a few other people trying to go the same way you are, and it might be harder to go against the flow... Molo's kind of managed to clear a space about him by suddenly having a gun and having shot/killed a few people... that kind of thing seems to make people want to give you a wider berth for some reason...

Okay, I am about to go out (again... sorry), but I'll post when I get back with what's going on...
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 6:34 am

Actually, if there was room in the alleyway behind the bar, she would've had the van pull up there.

However, this also works. If the van's where it is now, she'll hop the bar, and run out that way, hoping the remaining bad guy isn't in the mood to shoot her.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 9:09 am

Is it going to be possible for me to try to run the rest of the way to the van so I can dump off the elf?
Back to top Go down
jo-chan
Runner
Runner
jo-chan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 7:09 pm

i kind of see it as taking a whole 'combat round' for Molo to pick up the elf and head out the front onto the side walk, and about the same amount of time for Mokoto to run out the back and down the side... the alleyway wasn't designed for vehicles, and has dumpsters and the like in it as well, the van might just have fit, but you wouldn't have been able to get past it easily...

you'd be welcome to try and run the rest of the way to the van, but to be honest it wouldn't gain you much... if you get 2 hits on a running test I'll allow you to reach the van in a single initiative pass from where you are rather than 2, how's that sound. Then another pass to open the door of the van (1 simple action) and dump the elf inside (another simple action).

Of course Mokoto is closer to the van and could open the door remotely... but yes, go for it... and don't be afraid to collaborate and figure out what you want to do in here, but remember to try and stay in character (ie don't plan out the perfect strategy and then execute it... your characters might know each other, but they're not psychic and aren't going to know exactly what the other person is going to do)

okay, so that's where we're at at the moment, you need to decide what you're going to do now... the van that's speeding towards you is about 4 'combat rounds' away at it's current speed...
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 7:32 pm

Sounds reasonable enough either way.

Though unless I'm mistaken it's Mirkon's go?
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 8:58 pm

Motoko does indeed open the van remotely, the better to dive in without breaking stride. Why? Because the van has kick trog armor, and she's squishy.

And as for it being my go, is it on to the next combat turn yet? I only have one pass, afterall.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 9:28 pm

It should be your go if I'm following things properly.

I got the inti but you follow right after, then it's what ever NPCs and then my last two passes and I suppose the start of the next round.

As I'd alreayd declared my actions towards picking up the elf and booking with the intent to try and save him so we can find out from him later waht the hell this is all about I'm not sure if anything else is needed from me at this point.

Edit:
Well ultimately the plan is to dump him in Moko's van and then hop in my own car. At that poitn we can either try to get the hell out of there, or I grab my assault rifle from the trunk and we waste us some baddies.
Back to top Go down
jo-chan
Runner
Runner
jo-chan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 1:47 am

okay, so far we've had

Round 1
Pass 1:
Molo draws, then shoots while moving
Mokoto legs it
Pass 2:
Molo keeps shooting
Pass 3:
Molo keeps shooting

Round 2

Pass 1:
Molo kills 'leader' and moves to elf
Mokoto runs out back and around the side
Pass 2:
Molo lifts elf and makes way to door
Pass 3:
Molo opens door and heads out onto sidewalk

So we're at the start of round 3... Molo will have first go, then Mokoto, then the other passes... jsut remember, no matter how many passes you get, you can still only move x meters a combat round. Smile

So, Molo, you're up
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 7:59 am

Ok i'll work on getting a post out tonight when I get back from work.

Also, as a heads up. I'm going to be out of town without internet access from the 29th untill the 3rd
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 8:19 am

Since we're discussing absences, I should mention that from Sep 3-7 I will be at DragonCon. While I may have internet access, that does not mean I'll necessarily be posting, for obvious reasons. Wink
Back to top Go down
jo-chan
Runner
Runner
jo-chan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 5:32 pm

heh, not a drama guys, this little experiment can wait Smile... I've heard of DragonCon... that'd be so much fun to go to I think... we only have relatively small pop culture cons here in Australia, still great fun though
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 11:51 pm

Cant access the roller atm for some reason.

Anyway, just as a heads up of my own, I'm going ot have to be out of town from Saturday untill about the 2nd or 3rd. After this I shall be resuming my regular posting shedule provided I dont die in some freak accident Razz
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 11:56 pm

Invisible Castle is down for some reason, it seems. Rather annoying. There are other dicebots out there, sure, but none of them have the link to the roll like IC does.
Back to top Go down
jo-chan
Runner
Runner
jo-chan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 4:53 pm

to be honest I don't really care which one you use... if Invisible Castle is down just use whatever... hell, roll real dice and tell me what you get...

Ultimately it doesn't matter what you use since it's possible to 'cheat' regardless of which roller you use, so everyone's always just taking the other persons word for their rolls anyway... of you're doing something other than IC though just list all the rolls eg, 1,6,3,5,5,2,3,6,1 = 4 hits... or if you can be bothered ordering them 1,1,2,3,3,5,5,6,6 is fine to Smile...

I trust you guys to want to play the game as intended, it's not really fun if you know you'll pass a test... so use whatever you need to Smile

Looks like we'll be having a temporary hiatus for the next week of so with Kesslan away 'til the 3rd and then Mirikon away from the 3rd 'til the 7th... but I'll keep posting if it's appropriate, but don't feel obliged to post any time until after we all get back Smile
Back to top Go down
jo-chan
Runner
Runner
jo-chan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 5:26 pm

looks like we might be about to have ourselves a chase Very Happy... something else I've never really look at before, heh... are you guys purposefully finding the stuff I haven't brushed up on yet Razz... one Molo decides if he's getting into the van or if he's going to go for his car (and perhaps be a diversion) we'll get the chase under way...

Looking at things now the terrain will be restricted, since we're on side streets... it should be interesting since both vans have similar handling characteristics, so it'll come down to driving skill... Mokoto has a lead on them, but has to accelerate, which will almost cancel each other out, you'll be just in front by the time you get going so the chase'll start at "Short Range".

I assume Mokoto will be rigging, so you'd better roll an initiative for that. Full VR? My brain still struggles with envisaging how full VR works for a technomancer, but I'll just treat it the same way in my head as a hacker for now.
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 7:40 pm

Simply put, the Technomancer is a living commlink. To Technomancers, slipping into AR or going to full VR is as easy as a Magician astral perceiving or projecting. Functionally, it works the same as a normal hacker, for the most part. Technomancers are essentially the Jedi of the Matrix. The Resonance flows through them and around them, and into all the corners of the digital world. It manipulates them and is manipulated by them. For more than that, it depends on the technomancer's stream.

As for the chase? Well, she's got an idea or two for that. >Smile
Back to top Go down
jo-chan
Runner
Runner
jo-chan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 7:17 pm

okay... as far as the run goes things are still kind of on hold until everyone gets back and is able to post... but just figured I'd see how everyone was going atm?... It feels wrong having a run that's just kind of stopped... so maybe some 'small talk' will tide me over until then Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 8:30 pm

I'm just doing some cleaning in my dorm room, and packing, because tomorrow I'm heading up to DragonCon! WOOOOOOOO!
Back to top Go down
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 8:40 pm

Take me with you? I've wanted to make it to DragonCon for years, but never quite seem to manage it.
Back to top Go down
jo-chan
Runner
Runner
jo-chan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 4:53 pm

heh, I have to admit that I'm rather envious of you... to go to DragonCon would be an awesome experience... you'll have to come back with heaps of tales to tell and give us a run down of the whole event...

take lots of water... make a plan of what you want to see... take spray on deodorant (for yourself and other stinky people you're bound to come across)... and don't forget to take nibbley food... there's nothing worse than standing in a line for 45 minutes while you're really hungry but can't leave the line or else you'll miss the chance to see what you wanted to... these are the tips I've heard from others... so I'm just passing along their words of wisdom Smile
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 8:12 pm

There will be plenty of pictures, I assure you.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 8:25 pm

Hey just a heads up that I'm back.

I may however still be somewhat slow to respond for a few days as I got rearended on the way to camp and I just found out today the car is a writeoff so I have to make assorted arrangements for getting to and from work etc without a vehicle in the near future etc as well as deal with all the other insurance and related items.
Back to top Go down
jo-chan
Runner
Runner
jo-chan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 8:24 pm

things have been really slow of late all round really... once Mirikon gets beck we can get back to full pace though, so don't worry about not being able to concentrate on posting...

it sucks about your car by the way... it never ceases to amaze me how easily cars are 'written off'... I mean one of my friends here was in a minor bingle (got rear-ended as well) and they tried to tell her that it was a write off as well... she then took it to a mechanic she trusted and was informed there was only minor panel damage to two panels... the functional parts of the car were all fine, just the boot didn't quite open properly any more and needed 'coaxing', which he did in 10 seconds with a hammer...

We really do live in a disposable age... it cost me less to but a new phone outright than it would have cost to repair my old one that got damaged in a flood... even that thought it kind of crazy to me.

Hope the car shopping goes well Smile

We'll get back under way on the 10th...
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 12:35 am

Oh no this was no minor ding.

Think pop can.

Think crushed pop can.

The latter was the rear of my car Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Part 1: Univited Guest OOC
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next