Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomePart 1: Univited Guest OOC SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Part 1: Univited Guest OOC

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
jo-chan
Runner
Runner
jo-chan

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Character sheet
Character Name: Lava
Race: Orc
Sex: Female

Part 1: Univited Guest OOC Empty
PostSubject: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 4:10 pm

Okay, this is where we'll have all our out of character conversations. I'm sure you know the drill, if there's any questions you have, just ask Smile

I'll get you guys just to post with a little interaction between your characters, letting everyone know a little about what they usually do and how they might know each other... don't fret things will move a long soon enough, but I wanted to take a moment to get to know your characters and their personalities first...
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 6:45 pm

Oh, FYI, the only person in Seattle who knows her as Jane Green would be her fixer, Kurosaki Isao, who she's known since childhood in Neo-Tokyo. To everyone else, she's Motoko Kusanagi, or simply The Major.
Back to top Go down
jo-chan
Runner
Runner
jo-chan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 8:05 pm

that's right, thanks for reminding me Smile
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 12:50 pm

Oh, and for Motoko, Red is Japanese, Green is English, Blue is Chinese, and Indigo is Spanish.
Back to top Go down
jo-chan
Runner
Runner
jo-chan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 7:44 pm

um, to be honest, with speech I'd be happier if you just use the one colour but put a (English) (Spanish) etc before it... though if you're using two different kinds in the same post you could use different colours... ie

(English) "What the drek do you think you're doing?"
... at the orcs blank expression he tried again (Or'zet) "Just what are you playing at?"

Use Orange primarily, with Brown being the alternate colour... I really can't think of a situation where you're be using more than a couple of languages regularly...

This is just my personal preferred way of posting speech, it'd be good if you used it, but I can work with whatever.

Also, are you guys familiar with the layout for making rolls and the like?... I like them to be in green, again, jsut my personal preference, but it would be nice to have a unified colour scheme... I'll give an example,

Type of test

(Attribute) x + (Skill) x + (modifiers) - (modifiers) = (dicepool total) = (roll and net hits)

ie

Infiltration test to remain undetected.

Agility 6 + Infiltration 4 + Reflex Recorder 1 - Wound Modifier 2 = 9 = 2 hits

If you're not familiar with the dice rolling site Invisible Castle I'm more than happy to give instructions... anything you're not sure about, just ask...
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 8:47 pm

Cant say I am familar with it but I belive I recall glancing at it at one point or something when I first checked this place out to see how dice rolls were handled here.

Also just a quick question. Do we presently even have our weapons on us or not? My general impression of most places in SR as a whole was that generally they had some form of weapons check at the door with rare exception, and then from there either simply did not allow them in or you had to have them locked up at the entrance. I dont want to just go by the old info on the Alibaster Maiden however as it's now like 10 years later so rules could have changed etc and I dont recall if it's ever revisted in the SR4 books that I have.
Back to top Go down
jo-chan
Runner
Runner
jo-chan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 8:56 pm

oops, so it is actually an official place?... I just saw a mention of the name and brief description on a small fan site and like the name... heh, forget what you know about the place already, other than the name and how it got it I just made it up...

the general rule is no obvious weaponry... if you have something concealed then you could have it with you, and I'll leave it up to you whether you think it's in character for your character to have something on them...

Molo's mentioned he's got some stuff in his car, Motoko might be similar if she's got a car, otherwise she might have 'checked' a bag of stuff in the cloak room that I'm only just now mentioning... heh... as I've said, I'm new to this, so if I make a mistake please point it out and we'll do a work around Smile... who knows, there might be other people in the bar with weapons, or the bar keep might have some for just these types of emergencies...
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 9:17 pm

All right, Red is talking, for Motoko, then.

Personally, I prefer doing rolls like this:

--
Sniping the target.
Agility 2 + Longarms (Sniper rifle) 4 + Smartlink 2 = 8d6 = 2 hits
--

And since this is a runner bar, I'm going to assume there's another way out, yes? Since Motoko left her guns in the van.

And she doesn't just have a 'car'. She's got a van with rating 20 armor, and three drone racks. Those two Steel Lynxes are both equipped with rating 20 armor, and they've got machine guns with 500 rounds of EX Explosive ammo. Each. You really wanna see something go down, just wait until she brings in Machine sprites to control those babies!
Back to top Go down
jo-chan
Runner
Runner
jo-chan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 11:52 pm

heh, well yes, there is almost always another way out, though I don't know if your characters would know of it... though since they do frequent this place one could assume they know of it... behind the bar is the 'staff only' area with the 'kitchen'/staff room and an exit to the alley behind the place. If you did a data search or some such you might be able to find a basic floor plan or the like...

Also, your formatting for tests is fine Smile

This is the rough Layout pardon the poor quality, MS paint with a mouse is fun XD
Part 1: Univited Guest OOC FloorPlan

yes, one of the pool tables is shorter than the other Razz
Back to top Go down
jo-chan
Runner
Runner
jo-chan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 12:50 am

Moko's Bulldog and drones are on the road basically at the entrance to the side alleyway (pretty much where the 'to carpark' is written on the map), they don't have a clear view into the antechamber of the club at, but could move to be able to see in the front door to the doorway the goons are currently standing in.

I'm assuming atm that you're running towards the gap in the bar on the northern wall (so you'd be roughly where 'stools' is written on the map), but if you'd rather go directly and vault the bar you're welcome to, but it could draw attention and you would have to jump it (quick but would need a gymnastics test) or clamber over it (which would take longer).

let me know if you guys object to me rolling tests for you like I just did, it just saves me having to post "Mokoto, make a perception test, threshold 2" and then waiting for you to reply before i tell you the results... this will just speed things up a lot, so long as you guys are happy with it.

If you're planning on fighting the goons and their leader, their relevant combat stats are as follows.

Goons: Body 3, Reaction 4, Armour 6B/4I, Clubs 3
Leader: Body 3, Reaction 6, Armour 6B/4I, Clubs 3 ... 10 for all condition monitors...
... I think that's all you'll need...

G1: 0p/7s (-2 to all dice pools)
G2: 0p/0s
G3: 0p/0s
L: 0p/0s
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 8:35 am

Just a heads up but I'm still waitng on the site to send me a registration e-mail so I can actually link the dice rolls etc.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 12:58 pm

Ok registration thing finally poped up so I'll have my post ready in a few hours. Presently suffering from a reoccurance of some food poisoning I picked up this past weekend.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 1:50 am

Yeah, i'll just more or less let my next two passes stand. That should buy all the time needed for Moto to get her vehicle in gear etc and offer me some cover while I get my own fired up so we can get teh hell out of there.
Back to top Go down
jo-chan
Runner
Runner
jo-chan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 11:39 pm

Actually, I've got next to no time today, I need to head back out in like 30 mins and I still need to get dressed... I probably should have said this last night (in my last post in the main thread) but if you can actually make the post describing the results of your next two initiative passes Kesslan, that'd be great. I'd like to be able to share the story telling (and the posting) aspect around a little more, and having you do that will be a good test to see how it might work out.

you've already posted the rolls for the shots themselves, you just need to decide who to target and then roll their respective tests...

Goon 1 has taken 7s damage from the elfs stunbolt but no physical damage as yet (remember the -2 wound modifiers on any rolls he makes). Goon 2 is the one you shot and has taken 8 Physical damage and is cowering out in the entry room (-2 wound mod again). Goon 3 has taken 10stun damage and 2 physical (overflow from stun) and is unconscious. The 'leader is yet to be injured.

Their defensive stats are listed below. Have fun Smile I'll check back in about 6 hours, otherwise it'll be a good 32 before I'll be able to post again...
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 8:04 am

Um, unless I'm missing something important about the elf's capabilities, both the goons who shot at the elf should have dealt another point of stun. 6 damage - 4 resisted = 2 damage.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 12:08 pm

Hope that works for everyone.

Though I didnt expect the end results to be so nasty.

Unless I'm mistaken right now the leader has one physical condition box left before he falls unconcious, one goon is definately dead, one is badly wounded and cowering and the other is out cold.
Back to top Go down
jo-chan
Runner
Runner
jo-chan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 2:06 pm

Hahaha, you're right Mirikon... oops Embarassed , I go thorugh all those tests to end up failing the math Neutral... hmmm, an extra 2 stun damage would have added another -1 to his wound modifier, but the net result would have been the same as it was... so at most the goon would have 1 less point of physical as an overflow from that stunbolt, but still, thanks for pulling me up on that.

Heh, as soon as I saw you post attacks with '7 net hits' I knew it was going to be messy. I just noticed you did the same thing I did when I first looked at it... your last action you actually originally made a sprinting test... not an attack... so the dice pool was about half what it should have been... just thought I'd point that out though... I have no problem with you shooting, and if you wanted to re-roll the test with the right number of dice to see if you actually did more damage, that'd be fine Smile...

I've got a really long shift to do today (12 hours), but I'll post as soon as I get back from that Smile... nice work so far... you guys enjoying it?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 11:38 pm

Ah bugger.

Too much stuff to try and keep track of and I got mixed up >.<

As it was I had to recheck myself at least twice when Iwas trying to put the whole post together.

If I'd known it have gone this way I'd have just stopped and started shooting cause I'm sure I'd have done even better without the running penalites.

Gonna chalk that up to still being a little unfamilar with the SR4 system.
Back to top Go down
jo-chan
Runner
Runner
jo-chan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 4:16 am

heh, don't stress, I don't want you to 'try to figure out what's going to get the best results' I want you to do what you think your character would do Razz... when you described what you were doing "running behind Mokoto and firing to give cover" it made perfect sense and felt right Smile... so yeah, top work Very Happy...
Back to top Go down
jo-chan
Runner
Runner
jo-chan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 4:43 am

Oh, and as we're now starting the 2nd initiative pass Molo's going to be acting again... but I will post with some miscellaneous details
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 8:34 pm

Don't suppose I can send a quick wireless message even though it isn't my turn?
Back to top Go down
jo-chan
Runner
Runner
jo-chan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 4:19 am

sure, fire away... basically treat sending a wireless message like talking if you've got a direct neural link or some such... if you'd need to type with AR gloves or something it's trickier
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 9:18 pm

Sorry it took so long to toss up such a short reponse but RL got pretty buisy for abit and it takes a while to properly format all the rolls on here.
Back to top Go down
jo-chan
Runner
Runner
jo-chan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 3:44 pm

so you kill the two remaining conscious 'enemies' and go to hoist the elf into a fireman's carry... are you going to take him out the front door (now that all opposition is dead/unconscious, or did you still want to out around the back?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 7:03 pm

jo-chan wrote:
so you kill the two remaining conscious 'enemies' and go to hoist the elf into a fireman's carry... are you going to take him out the front door (now that all opposition is dead/unconscious, or did you still want to out around the back?

Nah just the boss cause he's being a prick, the other guy I'l lshoot if he tries something but if he keeps to himself I dont care. The boss obviously is insisting on still being a threat, the other guy seems to just want to get the hell out of there now. So long as he keep shi shands off a gun or something I'll leave em alone.

As to which door, I'd probably use which ever one was closest, though I'm somewhat leaning towards running for hte back door since Moko's drones are already covering the door there and it seems a little more sensical vs running out into a potential ambush.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Part 1: Univited Guest OOC   Part 1: Univited Guest OOC Empty

Back to top Go down

Part 1: Univited Guest OOC
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next