Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeIt's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 4 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

It's Only Nuyen OCC

Go down 
+5
Wreck
Darkon
Mikel Amroni
Yogismith
Tani
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2012-07-09

It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 10:43 pm

Glad your back.

Most of you last post was the same as an earlier post except for the end which I thought was kind of odd unless it was just to get things going again which I can understand.

Why a whole month before the "job" starts? I say job because that what this sounds like it doesn't sound like a Shadowrun where were doing illegal things.

Quote :

SHADOWRUN >noun
Any movement, action, or series of such made in carrying out plans which are illegal or quasilegal.
WorldWide WorldWatch 2050 archive
The above taken from the 5th edition book.

I guess I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the premise of the "job" other than government employees babysitting a juvenile delinquent.

Maybe there is a high arching plan to go from a "job" into a shadowrun that I'm not seeing.

Does anyone else have the same feeling or am I the only one here?
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 11:25 pm

You are too bloody sneaky and paranoid for your own good, Yogi! Ssssh! Lol!
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 11:26 pm

OK SR5 Players - Please post in IC where you are and what you are doing up until the week before the 'job'!
Back to top Go down
Mikel Amroni
Runner
Runner
Mikel Amroni

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 1:19 am

The wait doesn't bother me as much as the utter disregard for answering or even ACKNOWLEDGING any of the questions asked. A simple "it's in the file" would suffice. I mention this because it seems to be a repeating theme of a lack of interaction or worse overreaction to our actions and words. My character may be new, but I'm not. I'm far from ready to throw in the towel but I'm not going to lie and say I don't have misgivings.
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 2:09 am

Yep! I sense the frustration there too Mikel. I have tried to play her as the 'aloof' type because that is just what she is. Also, like you I think that she may be new to the Shadowrunning business after dealing with straight Corporates who work a little differently. I think I have failed to get that across to you all. I apologise Mikel!

Also, I was wanting you to maximise Karma gain at the initial meet and in one or two instances there were some gains. In the Shadowrunning world you will come across all types, some new at the job, some old hands. Though you may not like it always, these people are your bread and butter. I was also testing characters and layers alike to see where the playing level of you all was at and to see if this was going to be a fast game or a game that will take its time. Either way I was wanting you all to play well using the characters and their skills and talents well. Hope this helps. Other than that lets get on and play!
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 4:03 am

still playing work today I'll post later...
Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 4:49 am

Another problem. Sly Hound hasn't logged in since 9/5.
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 11:04 am

Thanks Ghost, Yogi!
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 11:27 am

I'm still here.

As to testing the characters, I think there hasn't happened enough yet to really test what kind of players and characters have accumulated here. Wink

Robyn for example is a rather shy person. That's the reason she hasn't participated in the negotiation more than she already has. Her question getting ignored didn't help that. (This only from my characters point of view. Smile )

Well, I said it before. The government hiring runners, as new as they may be, to guard juveniles sounds fishy on more than one level. But who knows what will come from it. Well... obviously the GM knows. Wink

Anyway. I'll write a post today, still eager to play.
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 11:31 am

Thanks Darkon!
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 2:54 am

Thanks for posting in Ghostmaker and Darkon! Just waiting to hear from Mikel, Wreck, Yogismith and Sly Hound! I will wait for a couple of days and if no response then I will continue on with the run when some of what has happened will be revealed.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 5:11 am

Alright.

Now... that's a bit of a surprise. KE... Very Happy

This is going to be interesting. Wink
Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 5:26 am

Tani wrote:
Thanks for posting in Ghostmaker and Darkon! Just waiting to hear from Mikel, Wreck, Yogismith and Sly Hound! I will wait for a couple of days and if no response then I will continue on with the run when some of what has happened will be revealed.
Sorry for not posting last night. I was home for about 25 minutes then got called into to work. This is my on-call week. Had to spend about 6 hours with two guys who needed to replace a satellite dish on top of the hospital. I can think of many ways on how to spend my time better. Still 6 hours of OT isn't bad. I'll work on something at lunch time.
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 5:28 am

@ Yogismith - Great!

@ Darkon - A zesty twist!
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Number of posts : 1442
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 7:29 am

I've been hit hard with the need to bunker down on my job hunt. Means I don't have as much time to give and will post less often than even I would like. I'm still in, but I'll be lucky to post even once a day.

The vibe I get from her is less "I'm new to this," and more, "I despise everything about you and have an urgent need for a Brillo-pad shower."
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 11:03 am

Just thought that I would quickly explain that the others in the cell with you are all familiar because they are you! All of you are in the same holding cell together!
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 12:08 pm

They got the team located rather quickly. Very disturbing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 2:44 pm

Tell me about it. Silk sleeps on a cot in a storage room! It's not like it's a listed residence or something! Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 10:05 am

Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 10:25 am

Well had a post done and I screwed it up and lost it by accidentally hitting the back page button on the mouse.  Now the wife is calling.  Gotta put in on the back burner for a bit.  

Sorry all.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 10:35 am

I hate when that happens. I have a tendency to copy my text as I'm writing just in case.
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 11:47 am

That's happened to me before as well - really annoying!
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 11:49 am

Hey guys - great posting - just encouraging you to post in as often as you are able to as I am intending to keep this run moving!
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 1:37 pm

YOGI oh god i feel your pain iv had that happen quite a few times everyone ill be devoting some time to my posts to night hope you like what i come up with though im not sure what it will be lol
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 3:37 pm

Oh I know that feeling Yogi. Or when the site decides you have taken too long and won't recognize the post number anymore... you have to start over again. Or the computer crashes in mid sentence and you have... to... start... over... again.

I should get myself used to prewriting in open office or something and saving often.

Anyway. We got the get out of jail card, it seems. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

It's Only Nuyen OCC
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next