Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeIt's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 3 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

It's Only Nuyen OCC

Go down 
+5
Wreck
Darkon
Mikel Amroni
Yogismith
Tani
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Number of posts : 1442
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Race: Human
Sex: Male

It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 7:59 am

It would have to be at least 1 a day, but with pbp a single "day" takes like two months of play.

I want to play, and will take whatever the dice and GM give, but I do see a time issue.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 8:40 am

This may be a bad time to say it but i have a Ford Americar(stolen lol) we could use... just saying but even so the pay is kinda low if its for the group but idk how that works... umm? yeah im still playing though... just gotta figure out what the motivation is if not the money lol

Last but not least Tani can i get a starting new yin roll you said you would do it and pm me just asking
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 9:59 am

I'm sorry to say Tani, but the whole offering makes all of my characters alarms go off, ingame.

Someone official (state, corp or both) offers them a job to transport troubled and/or criminal youths from one point to another. The trips vary from inner town to trans state borders.

That alone is weird. Why not hire some security company?

They get offered a very low wage for it and have to care for their own transportation, or get paid even less. One run a day would almost be reasonable at those wages. With enough kids transported, they could at least cover their living expenses.

Maybe that's why they don't hire a company. But involving shadowrunners, even beginners, is very suspicious. Plus what Robyn saw on the astral plane.

Even as this is her chance to impress the magical group, it is very hard for me to have her participate in this run without breaking character.

Maybe I misinterpreted or misunderstood some of your descriptions Tani, and the whole thing isn't as suspicious as it seems to me right now.

That said, I do like the characters and background. And I really would like to play.

Last edited by Darkon on Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2012-07-09

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 10:10 am

Ghostmaker wrote:
This may be a bad time to say it but i have a Ford Americar(stolen lol) we could use... just saying but even so the pay is kinda low if its for the group but idk how that works... umm? yeah im still playing though... just gotta figure out what the motivation is if not the money lol
The Ford Americar will seat 4 probably 5. Which isn't enough. It probably won't pass their inspection ("registered and certified to ensure the safety of the client being transported" which were her words) If your car is stolen would you want it to be registered by a government agency?

Like Sly said if we were to do 1 of these runs a week it would barely pay(or not) a low lifestyle. I'm not sure what the angle is but runners generally do illegal runs. This seems like legit work.

Like Wreck mentioned time is an issue. A typical 4 hour session at a table(a typical run) takes months to do in pbp. Yes I know that's the nature of the beast. Unfortunately it's the only way I can play and I generally like pbp as it can be more descriptive better story telling.

Not to beat a dead horse but in the book pages 375 & 376 is the standard payouts for runs. That at least makes it worth while to put ones life on the line.

I really want to play this game as there is a good set of players/characters but asking the runners to work for less than wage slave pay is just wrong.

Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 10:12 am

Darkon wrote:

They get offered a very low wage for it and have to care for their own transportation, or get paid even less. One run a day would almost be reasonable at those wages. With enough kids transported, they could at least cover their living expenses.
But doing a run a day you run into time issues with this being a pbp type game. ie. a run takes months to do in pbp time.
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 11:30 am

Tani have you read the Run Rewards section on the book? It's on pages 375 & 376. It gives a pretty fair account on payouts and how to modify them based on several factors. The two vehicles that would work for us are either 35k or 52k. Also having just reread her explanation and seeing air transportation might be needed those are 200k+ With this being pbp and its inherent slowness we would never reach either since we have to factor in expenses (lifestyle, ammo, equipment and needs for runs)

I will read the section and post tonight!
Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 11:51 am

Tani wrote:

I will read the section and post tonight!
Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 5:23 am

Must be a busy week for Tani.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 5:30 am

Busy week for me too so i don't really have a problem with waiting i actually need RL time personally but im around... Good luck with what ever is holding you Tani, good luck to us all...
Back to top Go down
Mikel Amroni
Runner
Runner
Mikel Amroni

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 8:27 am

yeah, I'm moving today (Thursday), tomorrow, and Saturday, at least. But this should be the last move for quite some time. Yay!
Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 10:16 am

Hey all just wanted to let you all know I haven't been feeling well. I was home sick yesterday. At work today but still not 100%.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 12:18 pm

Feel better yogi...!
Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 9:45 am

Ghostmaker wrote:
Feel better yogi...!
Thanks Ghost.

Feeling better and the holiday weekend is going strong. Which I expect is happening for most of the players here in the States.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 11:16 am

Yup on phone and at moms no pc here
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 11:23 pm

Anybody out there?
Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 5:15 am

I'll have something up today around lunch time.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 6:20 am

Jesus tani you were waiting on us lol was nvm ill have something up by tomorrow i gotta bounce today and tomorrow mostly for my bros Bday but ill take a look see what happen last k
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 12:51 pm

Lol! No worries guys! Was feeling a little lonely!
Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 7:35 am

I hate to say it but I think this game is dying. We have three that haven't postmen in about three weeks.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 9:40 am

Im still in shoot i wanna see what he's throwing at the transport sounds like fun to me...
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 12:33 pm

Still here, still ready. Smile

Babysitting deliquents might be fun after all.
Back to top Go down
Mikel Amroni
Runner
Runner
Mikel Amroni

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 7:19 pm

Sorry guy, been uber busy with work and the new house. Will get a post up this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Yogismith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Yogismith

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 6:18 am

Still no Tan huh. Disappointing.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 8:36 am

Im so use to this by now lol Its all good tani if your out there...
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 1:43 pm

Sorry guys RL gave me a beating and a technical glitch with my laptop and connection. But am back with a vengance! Please post in hard and lets get it moving - I apologise again - was also waiting a little for Digital Doom - but he is a very busy man! Thanks DD!

So post in and keep the game moving - I know we all get busy - and I lost a little heart when we stopped posting for a little while or rather the posts slowed to a trickle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

It's Only Nuyen OCC
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next