Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeIt's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 5 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

It's Only Nuyen OCC

Go down 
+5
Wreck
Darkon
Mikel Amroni
Yogismith
Tani
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Mikel Amroni
Runner
Runner
Mikel Amroni

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 1:02 am

I guess my question is this (and it matters a LOT): did they arrest Larry Jameson, CAS National, who lives downtown and works as a coder for hire, or did they arrest Damien King, UCAS National, Licensed Security Consultant (with a rating 3 fake sin)? I need to know where the arrest record went? If I have a choice I guess I'd go with my real SIN, mostly cause I only stay in Pullyaup if I have to. But which one REALLY matters on how I comport myself. It would also suck to lose my VERY expensive fake ID (especially for this game) in a bit of GM fiat in the opening scenes of the game.
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 1:04 am

GM fiat? Excuse me? Would you like to explain that comment obviously directed at me? Players course 101 - don't take pot shots at the GM!

Not happy about your comment at all, Mikel!
Back to top Go down
Mikel Amroni
Runner
Runner
Mikel Amroni

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 1:23 am

http://rpggeek.com/wiki/page/RPG_Glossary#G wrote:
"GM Fiat - The ability for the Game Master to make a judgment that may not follow the rules explicitly but is usually done to speed up play (rather than spend the time looking through the rules during a session) or to re-balance the game while playing."
We didn't get a choice as to what we had on us, where we were staying, or anything. We were ripped out of our homes (I'm assuming primary lifestyle at this point), any fake SINs were confiscated (no real asking us whether we actually had them on us or not, it is assumed, and reasonably so, that we'd have them on us). We also didn't have searches rolled against the SINs (which I am cool with, they aren't meant to survive contact with a fully connected law enforcement search unless you've got a REALLY good one, rtg 6 or better). In short because it made sense, you ruled we lost everything illegal or restricted. That's the very definition as listed above.

And I'm okay with you not being okay with my comment, even if it's very clear you don't understand it at all. That doesn't change it's validity or that it's offered as a question, not anythign derogatory.
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 1:28 am

No problems Mikel - if you are that unhappy then you may leave when you are ready to. I am trying to GM a run! When you stop moaning on here and post maybe we can all get on with it! There are reasons which may not seem obvious now for the things and the way they have happened. All will be revealed Mikel!

Also I am trying to get the run moving as most runs here seem to slow down to a trickle and then stop altogether for a variety of reasons.
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 1:45 am

I thought it was obvious that the KE put 1 and 1 together and got 3. That was pretty obvious. They got a sniff of a rumour that you had been meeting with someone about trafficking or rather transporting people and they were wanting to shut that down as they believed that the theft of the commlinks was a cover for transporting people!
Back to top Go down
Mikel Amroni
Runner
Runner
Mikel Amroni

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 1:52 am

Tani wrote:
GM fiat? Excuse me? Would you like to explain that comment obviously directed at me? Players course 101 - don't take pot shots at the GM!

Not happy about your comment at all, Mikel!

No problems Mikel - if you are that unhappy then you may leave when you are ready to. I am trying to GM a run! When you stop moaning on here and post maybe we can all get on with it! There are reasons which may not seem obvious now for the things and the way they have happened. All will be revealed Mikel!
First, GM 101: Have a thick skin and be prepared for questions if player's don't understand why you would make a ruling you do.
You don't have to give up all your reasons, and sometimes a little GM fiat is just what the story calls for. I don't hold grudges for that. Nothing in my comment was derogatory. I asked a question and mentioned a VERY valid GM technique I myself have used on numerous occasions. A question, I'll add, you haven't answered. "Where was I arrested?" At my downtown apartment (which is in the name of Larry Jameson, my PC's real SIN, a CAS national btw), or at my Pullyaup bolt hole. My intent would be to sleep at my Downtown digs, since they are MUCH more comfortable (hence why they are primary lifestyle), but in the end where I was is a call you as GM can make for me (for story purposes).

I am working on a post, and AS I MENTIONED, I need a clarification on the post. I don't appreciate the baiting comments here or vitriol with which you are addressing to me for asking for a freaking basic clarification! If I had intended to just leave the game, don't you think I'd have done it by now? I asked a question because I wanted an answer so I could post. Instead you got offended because of something you didn't understand, called me disruptive for asking for clarification.

So can I PLEASE get an answer?
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 1:55 am

No problems - you were arrested wherever your abode or place of residence is, wherever you were at 6am in the morning the day immediately after the initial meeting! You got rolled on!
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 2:02 am

The next time you all check your nuyen balance, you find a 1,00 more nuyen in there than you had before - courtesy of Johnny White-walker.
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 2:04 am

You may need to read up Mikel as the run has moved a lot since you last posted.
Back to top Go down
Mikel Amroni
Runner
Runner
Mikel Amroni

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 2:29 am

I'm aware, and I was working on that, including some legwork
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Number of posts : 1442
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 5:22 am

Guys, can we bring the tone back to a civil one please? Sad 

I don't see anything useful coming out of this hostility. Can we maybe establish a rule that if we feel offended by another players comments, we stop. Re-read it only for the concerns/issues that they are addressing and not the perceived tone they are using to express it. We can then, politely, express our own feelings about how the post made us feel. The most important part is to try not to react to perceived intent and to read only for direct meaning. Text based communication, especially between people we don't really know, is difficult to do well. But if we try to stay cool-headed, we can have a great game.

Mikel, it makes sense that you are upset your character's identity(ies) has been compromised and that you would like some clarification for particular concerns you have. However, the way you wrote your post was obviously offensive to Tani.

Tani, by becoming defensive you didn't address any of Mikel's actual concerns because you were too busy focusing on how his post made you feel. Your reaction, in-turn, seems to have made Mikel defensive, thus escalating the situation.

I, for one, will not continue to play in a hostile environment. If we, as a group, are unable to post in a friendly and constructive way, then I will thank you all for your time and the fun game to-date and leave.
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 11:32 am

Thanks Wreck! Mikel and I are fine and we have sorted it after coming to an understanding!
Back to top Go down
Mikel Amroni
Runner
Runner
Mikel Amroni

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 1:14 pm

Wreck, you're absolutely right. As Tani said we did finally hash out the issue in PMs and defined some ground rules for further engagement:

1) I have no intention of leaving the game. If I did, I would not ask for clarifications or offer ways to make it better.
2) Tani and I have two very different communication style. Something I thought completely innocent offended him. He responded in kind. We have since agreed to respond first by PM if either of us doesn't like/understand what the other says. That way we don't drag it out in OOC.
3) Tani has had some very bad experiences with guys who GM-bash. While I may be critical of certain ways of handling certain situations (coming from my own GM experience), I don't GM-bash for the hell of it. That said, players, even players having a ball, grumble about the way things go down occasionally, even if as a GM they'd rule the exact same way.

Basically it boils down to we both need thicker skin, and we both need to whisper before we shout. Smile No worries guys, won't happen again if I can at all help it.
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 1:37 pm

That goes for me too, Mikel!

Thanks guys!

Lets play! (um ... post lol!)
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 1:41 pm

I think from now on if there are any searches via contacts, the matrix or other ways of searching then I will PM you the results! Should have done that from the start unless you want those to be posted in IC. Any preferences?
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 1:45 pm

No preference from me. I understand the positives and negatives of each option.
Back to top Go down
Mikel Amroni
Runner
Runner
Mikel Amroni

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 2:25 pm

I'm a fan of PMing them, personally, but I am not so opinionated on the matter to rock the boat either way. But I lean towards PMing them.

I was working on a post before Chrome crashed Smile
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 4:28 am

Ok time to go to work but iv been reading ill do a catch up post later k sorry so long
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 12:51 pm

Wow... you're leading quite a fast pace. Hard to keep up. Razz

I'll write a post then. Wink

Oh and I'm fine with both open post and PMing. Though with open posting, everyone can enjoy the banter. On the other hand, PMs erase the risk of metagaming.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 10:37 am

Hope that catches me up Tani
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 11:26 am

Sure does, Ghost. Mr Johnson is just waiting to see if you will take him up on his offer or not.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 11:48 am

Sweet!!!
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 1:02 pm

I'm just waiting for Mikel to post his arrival. He's been pretty good about getting at least one a day or so.

Too bad we lost Sly, and maybe Yogi? Yogi has been on every couple of days and seemed interested in keeping the game going, but never posted IC. Sly, however, has been gone for the past month. I expect him to show up again sometime around Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Tani
Runner
Runner

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 1:28 am

Have sent them messages but have nothing back yet, Wreck!
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 6:49 am

Well, good thing Silk has a maxed out Charisma then. Because defaulting still lets him get at least 7 dice.

I put the negotiation roll in the roller thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Nuyen OCC   It's Only Nuyen OCC - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

It's Only Nuyen OCC
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next