Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeTwinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 22 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)

Go down 
+8
Darkon
PresentPresence
Kouryuu.LV
Starcraft
Gala
Faust
Jagger
Kesslan
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
SidneyL
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2012-02-06

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 22 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 4:43 pm

Jagger wrote:
Ah so! Therein lies the culprit!

Its not your fault, Sid, there was no way for Rufus to know that Sha'hgrim is deathly allergic to olive...
Razz

(Now Gala...put the frag grenade away...no need to get violent here...
Yikes!

It's funny you mention allergies... Laughing I don't think I can saw more... but I'm sure Kesslan will take great delight later on...

That being said...

SidneyL wrote:

I'll try to catch it up to the (Thor Blast +15min) mark, which is where the truck stopped and conversations began.

I tried doing up the post, but the 'recap' I was going to include is turning into a bit of a block of text so I figured it'd be less distracting in the OOC thread.

What I was intending to preface my post with, I have here. I went back to check my old posts, and found the text to be a bit...daunting (all those posts!) So I linked the posts in question in each summary below. So in case anyone wants to go back and look at the posts again, I put links to them.

Quote :

OoC: The problem, in part (I think), is that I hadn't realized how much time had passed between sniffing Alexia's traffic and receiving the Exchange's chat message (at which point Rufus changes course and the truck is forced to a stop).

As I understand it, Rufus would be trying to hack Alexia's Commlink while she's still working on Dante's- about five minutes after the blast hit. The Exchange doesn't say anything until about 15 minutes past. So I'm going to post a brief recap of my posts (with links) to try and clear up Rufus' timeline. I'm going to resume where he's hacking the Commlink, and go from there, recovering his attempt to change course and where he's pulled over and (finally) spoken too. That should (hopefully?) sort things out?

[/color]
Thor blast minus ~3(?) minutes

Rufus sent the Exchange's Chat program the following messages: "I'll get the truck" and "Sorry I'm late" of which at least Alexia and Edgar had joined the chat with Sid.

The post is here

Thor blast minus ~2(?) minutes

Rufus, having going to start on the truck found it magically sprang to life. He sent his car ahead in case anyone else needed a ride, and then drove his Ford and the truck after Alexia

The car was sent at the end of the above post, but Rufus drives the truck in Kesslan's post here

Thor Blast plus 0 minutes

Once the blast hit, Rufus expected something on the chat box...and when he didn't, he reasoned the others were using their commlinks to talk amongst themselves. With nothing else to do, he began tracing Alexia's Commlink, to decrypt, and sniff the traffic.

Post #132

Thor Blast plus ~5minutes

Will still no replies on the chat box, and the group (apparently) interested in celebrating at Dante's while he's driving the stolen goods... he decides to attempt to hack Alexia's Commlink.

He also states in the chat program he's going to drop off the truck when the Exchange notifies him that they should hurry up. The Exchange doesn't actually tell him this until +15 minutes (below)

Final post

I'll post the real post later tonight, which should hopefully catch Rufus up from the +15 (+20? +25?)minute mark to after the truck is pulled over and we start talking. Hopefully that syncs everything up.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 9:12 am

Ok Sidney: The Truck is yours now. I am really looking forward to your description of Rufus' rail against the Spirit for the few moments that the Truck is locked up against him.
Back to top Go down
SidneyL
Meat
Meat

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 9:39 am

Gala wrote:
Ok Sidney: The Truck is yours now. I am really looking forward to your description of Rufus' rail against the Spirit for the few moments that the Truck is locked up against him.

Me too! Razz

I don't think Sid and your spirit are going to get along at all well!

I wanted to pass the hack against the Commlink by Kesslan first- but we all seem to be racing here, so I finally posted assuming that Alexia doesn't disconnect her Commlink immediately once he announces himself.

The hack is, well, not malicious...and is as close to 'beneficial' as you can get with hackers. In real life IT Security, 'white hats' that find exploits let the companies know first before revealing them- it's called 'full disclosure'. One example I can think of was the hack found for Macbooks through a third party driver. It was revealed at a private conference to make the companies and other IT Security professionals aware of it first, so they could fix it, before someone else found it and used it for malicious things.

Rufus' attempt against Alexia is somewhat similiar...although obviously not as nice. (In fact, I can't remember if I said so in the post, but he'll mute any replies while just lecturing her)

He's an arrogant jerk at times... Embarassed

He's also stupid too, and while he suspects magic...he hasn't considered a spirit possessing the truck yet. Once he finds out about the spirit though...well, yeah, he's not going to be happy at all.

It's one thing if *he's* the one breaking into a Commlink of someone else. That's okay. Something possessing his truck and not telling him? Different story (he'll probably dismiss the hypocrisy by hiding behind the 'full disclosure' thing.) "*I* told Alexia I was hacking her Commlink and she needs to fix it. That spirit hid in my truck and didn't say anything! They don't relate AT ALL!" sort of thing.

It'll be amusing once he's taken down a peg or two Laughing
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 9:56 am

Not suspecting a possesing spirit is not stupid. In fact, not every mage would know about the ability of some spirits to possess someone, let alone something.

The arrogance is a nice little trait. But don't complain if you get a similar response from, let's say, Darkon. Wink And just to clarify, any reaction is purely IC. Personally, I find it amusing.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 10:04 am

Ok, I introduced a situation that I had forgotten about, (thanks Darkon), but should proved to be an interesting RP hook for Spawn. Andrealphus had a daughter and Spawn was like an uncle to her. When/If Andre dies, someone will have to look after the little waif and Spawn is probably the last person in the world anyone would expect to fill that role. Will a little girl's unconditional trust charm Spawn into facing his fears and becoming a father figure? Stay tuned to find out!
Razz
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 10:31 am

You are welcome Jagger. I am aware Darkons reply might escalate this confrontation. But given the situation, his personality, and the requirements of his mentor spirit, it is appropriate.

As it seems, we are continuing this timeline, might I suggest, we simply continue and then connect to our previous posts when arriving at the street docs? That should not be much of a problem. If necessary, we could repost our earlier posts and delete the original spots. Which would make the whole story linear again.

What do you all think about this idea?
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 10:38 am

I have already removed my earlier post and have it saved pending the proper time.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 10:07 pm

Hey folks, I'll deal with Sid's hacking tomorrow. Just spent most of the day runing back and forth between home and the hospital because my dad was in emergency. He's home now though.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 22 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 10:10 am

Ok so since Alexia's comlink firewall is 3 and sid was going for admin access his target is 9.

That would generally mean on the 3rd attempt he breaks in however Alexia's Analyze nets 7 hits on the second attempt, which means it kicks up an alert on the second attempt, which would then issue a restricted alert raising the threshold by 4 and trying to run a terminate connection action against Sid.

At least under normal circumstances this would mean Sid had likely failed in his attempt, however in order to be nice, and yet not so nice at the same time, I'm just going to state that his attempt succeeds because he's located the backdoor someone else already put there. Which also means Sid is now aware some one else has already compromised Alexia's comlink in the past (though not necessarily when without further investigation). So the nice part of all this is, yall now know some one hacked her link at some point. (And arn't you glad you now have a hacker, once IC things settle down, that can help protect your links in the future!)
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 22 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 10:19 am

Ok; your post again forced me to modify my original statement. The Truck is not yet yours, Sid. I feel confident that this situation will resolve itself, and the Truck will be given to you. But your RP (which is fantastic, by the way) is forcing my to play along. Despite the situation: forcing me to play along is evidence that your RP is fantastic!

@Lex: I told you to have two commlinks! If you have one that's "public" and another one which is on hidden mode, no one will be able to hack your team-'link; while all public chatter (including that with the Exchange) will come in on a commlink which is otherwise clean.
@All: Once we get this situation resolved, Rufus has just done us a sincere favor. Setting up your Commlink situation so that you have two, a public link and a private link, is an almost necessary security consideration. And noting which 'link you're using for what communications is as relevant to RP as stating what clothing you're wearing, or what language you're speaking in.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 22 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 10:34 am

I agree with Gala. Excellent RP. And in the long run, Darkon and Sid might even become friends. But first Sid has to prove he can be trusted. Wink From Darkons point of view at least.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 22 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 10:44 am

Yeah, but it might be difficult. We're dealing with a trapped hornet situation here... It's going to get mad... This would have been MUCH easier if we'd figured this all out before the Spirit took over control of the Truck. Of course, it wouldn't have been anywhere near as interesting!
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 22 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 10:55 am

I'm sure we will solve it. Sid just has to learn how to work with the rest of the team. Wink At least to compromise.

Locking a player out of the group is the last thing I want.
Back to top Go down
SidneyL
Meat
Meat

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 22 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 12:32 pm

Darkon wrote:
Not suspecting a possesing spirit is not stupid. In fact, not every mage would know about the ability of some spirits to possess someone, let alone something.

That's good to hear Smile Rufus is likely to start talking to himself/the truck at some point, which could be probably amusing.

Darkon wrote:

The arrogance is a nice little trait. But don't complain if you get a similar response from, let's say, Darkon. Wink And just to clarify, any reaction is purely IC. Personally, I find it amusing.

Agreed. If either of them would just simmer down enough...but in Sid's defence, he believes he's tried more than once and is the one sitting in a locked military truck.

He'll see Spawn's post soon enough, I'm sure, which should have a (somewhat) calming effect.

Gala wrote:

Ok; your post again forced me to modify my original statement. The Truck is not yet yours, Sid. I feel confident that this situation will resolve itself, and the Truck will be given to you. But your RP (which is fantastic, by the way) is forcing my to play along. Despite the situation: forcing me to play along is evidence that your RP is fantastic!

Coming from you, that's high praise indeed Embarassed

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 22 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 12:55 pm

I did look through the posts. And the way I saw it, Sid introduced himself to Alexia only. Even assuming that the chatlog from before Darkon joined is available to him, he would not find an introduction.

Just to make clear I'm not being difficult on purpose. (Although that would be fun.)
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 22 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 1:07 pm

I'll note the Exchange did mention to the group as a whole via Spawn's comlink that assistance was on the way, it was also that exact same method it used to offer the download in the first place. That said the message came over more 'public' channels than the group's private encrypted channel, but was still broadcast to everyone. It was a while after this point that the drone that was firing missiles at everything was destroyed.

None the less, the group was notified that The Exchange had sent some one to help, for it's own reasons.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 22 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 1:24 pm

Then I have simply confused things. Well, we can simply continue In such situations, a bit of confusion can occur. I'll have to see how Darkon can backpaddle without losing too much of his dignity. Wink
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 22 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 3:07 pm

Confusion all around, so no one player can be 'fingered' for the situation. I was confused at how long Spawn was unconscious, therefore I did not have him inform the group of the Exchanges actions before the drek flew.
And I probably could have elaborated on it in my subsequent post when I discovered Spawn had only been out for 5 or 10 minutes after Darkon's healing.

Ah well, these are the ways we play the game, play the game, play the game. These are the ways we play the game, so early in the moooooorning!
Razz
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 22 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 3:29 am

No... There is most definitely one player who can be "fingered" for this situation: Sha'hGrim. She didn't notice or remember the Exchange's original communications. I've made that clear here on the OOC thread. She didn't know who Sidney was. She asked the Spirit to pull the Truck over, since the only time she'd asked for an update from the team was during the thick of the flight. This is all most definitely her doing, and her fault.

That being said: She ALSO has a highly serious headache, and her actions are perfectly appropriate from an RP perspective. That makes it excusable; and that it's excusable is another story altogether.

@Sidney: GREAT POST!! I love how you worded: "They. Did. Not. Lock. Me. In." Awesome!
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 22 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 7:02 am

Look at that! Not only will we not get some money for the sale of the stuff; we'll owe money!!!
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 22 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 9:15 am

No, you can sell it if you like provided you do the legwork to find a buyer and figure out how to move it around etc. The Exchange just wants its 'share' for sending help if possible, and it usually works in terms of favours.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 22 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 9:23 am

Hey Kesslan...this is off topic (blame it on my ADHD), but can Spawn get a troll sammie with full combat kit as a cyber replacement for his hand?
Razz

[This post was brought to you by the letter S, the number 9, and The Color Purple.]
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 22 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 9:47 am

The Color Purple is definitely a good book.

So let me get the straight... You're looking for a fully sentient Cyber-Zombie as a hand replacement? That's a tall order. Speaking of "tall orders": you realize that your shoulder would get sore, right? And the thing would likely break your arm when you laid down to sleep. Also, it would be really hard to hide what's "in your hand" behind your back... I can think of some other major negative considerations to go along with those already listed, but let's just leave it at: you wouldn't be symetrical.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 22 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 9:55 am

curses! foiled again!

ok, how about a 16mm cannon disguised as a cyberhand?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 22 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 11:15 am

Well, I think it's about time I start firing the rest of that weapon sats payload at you....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next