Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeTwinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 7 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)

Go down 
+8
Darkon
PresentPresence
Kouryuu.LV
Starcraft
Gala
Faust
Jagger
Kesslan
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 7:06 pm

I'm just going to give everyone a bit of a chance to talk/ask questions or do what ever they want to do before the convoy arrives.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 7:16 am

On the other hand, Jagger: it will only cost you 8 Karma to double your Wall Running test. 8 Karma is not terribly difficult to come by, if your RP is solid, and you occasionally drop an Awesome post on the board - and you survive.

I've no questions that need to be "asked". I'll be throwing a full-blast Aura Reading on Spade when he walks in the door (with Edge), but that requires his physical presense.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 10:26 am

Has anyone heard anything from Faust? He hasn't posted anything since his first and only IC post. I've also poked Tenaka to see what's up with him. I'll give them some time to respond, and I know Tenaka mentioned he was busy with exams coming up etc.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 11:30 am

I sent a couple of PMs to Faust but have received no response.

Sorry for all the dice roll text in my IC post. Was trying to make sure I had it all right this time.
Razz
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 1:27 pm

Well if Faust hasn't responded to you in some time then I'll just have to assume he may have flaked for some reason, which leaves Tanaka who I know is busy with school. Thus, in order to not hold things up I'll do some limited NPCing of the pair when absolutely necessary but otherwise they'll be shunted more or less 'off screen' untill I establish if they are still playing or not. (And if not then I'll have to start hunting for a replacement while keeping things going here).
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 1:49 pm

I edited my last post to include Darkon in the office.
Sorry Darkon, I can't seem to get it together lately.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 2:07 pm

Oh no. An ambush!... dun dun duuuuuun... as if we hadn't suspect that. Nevertheless, well played. Wink

Edit: I will probably be gone most of the weekend. Here is my initiative roll, so you can work me in.

Initiative roll reac4+int5=9d (9d6. hits(5)=4) 9+4= ini 13
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 3:35 pm

Spawn's paranoia would prevent him from trusting any unfamiliar situation, much less one as suspicious as this, so it was easy to keep him out of the office.

However, he's not exactly a heavy-hitter, depending more on stealth to keep out of harm's way. Therefore, I'm afraid he may have just Great Leapt his way into the proverbial frying pan
Razz
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 3:36 pm

Well you can always just get creative.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 3:45 pm

Would a screaming Spawn-missile be considered creative?
Razz
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 3:48 pm

Ok Jagger, you'll also need to make a perception test to accurately gauge where your target is. Unless I'm mistaken you never activated any sort of special vision mode so your perception test will be at -2 (Accounting for the fact that chameleon coating can't stop the blur effect entirely) for the surprise attack as you need to see what it is your trying to hit, before you can hit it. Beyond that I'll be letting your other rolls stand as they are as I'm not even sure what sort of other modifiers (Be they positive or negative) would fall into play in this particular case.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 3:59 pm

Meanwhile I'll need everyone to roll initiative.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 4:04 pm

Perception=3 hits

(Activating Improved Reflexes)
Initiative=2 hits
Initiative Score=11
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 4:13 pm

I'd like to ad that Darkon had brought a spirit with him, with one of the services was to protect him.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 4:18 pm

Just a note Jagger, you dont really need to 'activate' improved reflexes. Just like wires it's basically 'always on'.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 4:45 pm

Right, so I couldn't find any actual rules for dropping down on some one from a large height, but I figured I'd more or less treat it as a sort of ramming test. This means the fall damage was added to the DV of the attack, which in turn was unable to be reacted to as a surprise attack from an entirely unexpected and unseen vector, meaning the NPC only had body armour + body to resist the damage and was promptly crushed to death. Jagger on the other hand mostly avoids damage due to his great fall ability as he's a human grasshopper. That said great fall doesn't necessarily protect you from the hazards you are landing on, thus the call for a gymnastics test.

In case the descriptive text was not clear however, the target is quite dead.

Thus so far 'Good Guys' 1, Bad guys 0.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 5:22 pm

...and the lesson for today's class is:
"You don't tug on Superman's cape
You don't spit into the wind
You don't pull the mask off the ol' Lone Ranger
And you don't try to ambush Spawn
Doo-doo-de-da Deet-deet-n-do-do-da-deet"
Razz

Landing Test=1 hit
(Invisible Castle, why hast thou forsaken me?)
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 5:30 pm

Ok so you may either do one of the following: Spend a point of edge and reroll any dice that didn't score a hit, spend edge, and roll your edge in dice (which are then subject to the rule of 6)....

Or you can use impact armour + body to try and soak 5S damage. (you may also use edge on this test)

EDIT: On the upside, at least you didn't critically glitch. That would have put you landing right in front of the MG for a very bad day.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 5:45 pm

Damage Resistance=2 hits

3 Stun, gives me a -1 modifier, correct?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 5:53 pm

That is correct, at 3 damage you suffer -1 to all actions/tests except damage resistance tests. You may still roll your edge dice if you wish to use a point of edge to try and reduce the damage further.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 5:59 pm

No, Spawn only has 2 Edge, so I'll stand at the -1 for now. If he takes any further damage then I may use Edge.

And thank you for allowing the increased DV from his kamikaze attack!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
Starcraft

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexia Mooie Vos
Race: Fox Shapeshifter

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 7:39 pm

I had been expecting this. Once I get home I will be putting up my post Wink
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:11 am

For manually targeting for drones you need to use a complex action to remotely control it or be 'jumped into' the drone. The latter may only be done by some one with an implanted control rig. Issuing a command the drone is capable of following on the other hand is I believe just a simple action. In either case you can only manually control one drone at a time.
Back to top Go down
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
Starcraft

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexia Mooie Vos
Race: Fox Shapeshifter

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:21 am

yea, i found that much but i cant seem to find the rules governing the dice rolls for it. does it attack like i would normally roll the die or is it different. i'm confused when looking at the books for it
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:24 am

Gala, Jagger. Still need an initiative roll for you folks.

I also have not heard from Tanaka or Faust so if I don't hear from them by the time this particular scene is over (As I expect it to take quite a while to resolve) I will likely remove them from the game.

Star: I'll make another post soon as I dig through my books letting you know what you need to roll.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next