Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeFixer's Delight  - Page 2 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Fixer's Delight

Go down 
+3
Stampede
Gala
Ghostmaker
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

Fixer's Delight  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight    Fixer's Delight  - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 8:23 pm

"Indeed" Monty says and he smiles at Khyber "I see Well mister Drake no harm no foul right. Ok i cant wait so before you finish introductions, I want you to meet a friend of mine new to these parts. For this mission and if your good you will see her again. yes" He holds his hand out, Sergei hands over a clip on COM... What kind is irrelevant. He puts it on the table, and he presses the single button three time's and backs away

"Everyone go to AR please!" and all your COM's start beeping... Those in AR will see a beautiful Girl girl like some thing out of a comic book a sixteen year old kid downloads on the trix... shes sitting on the table an obvious Icon if ever there was one. Monty speaks again "You would imagine there are many like her would you not, you would be wrong. Introduce us love" Monty says smiling at HAL...
Back to top Go down
Khyber
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight    Fixer's Delight  - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 11:22 pm

Khyber makes the mental adjustment required to slave his image link over from his private commlink to his public one. Seeing the girl's icon floating above the 'link on the table, he quickly shoots a look back at Monty. "If I'd known Matrix proxy was an option for being present for this meeting I'd have sent a drone to carry my persona and I'd have stayed in my cushy hotel room back in Bayonne. Oh well. I'm here now. Pleased to meet you, Miss...?"
Back to top Go down
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
Havick1988

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Havick

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight    Fixer's Delight  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 12:20 am

the persona visible flips her hair and smiles at the others seeing each of them through two views once from the cameras located in the shop and the other throgu hthe camera on the com in fromt of them all. defaulting back to the programing originaly came up with for interacting with users [golro=green]"Good day dear sirs"[/color] she speaks in a soft yet slightly airy and upbeat voice. "You may refer to me as HAL for the time being, the person Named Monty here, she gestures twards Monty had agreed to pass tis over for my meeting with you du to external circumstances that prevent e from making a physical apearance, i hope this would not hinder our posibly working together? she beams a bright smile to the group
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight    Fixer's Delight  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 6:52 am

“Please understand Mr.Khyber Hal is a special case. Now.” Monty says eyes flaring at all of you, but his voice low enough so that only you can hear him. “Lets get down to business shall we? Now that you all know each other. Right? Mr Tony is your client and will also be on mission.” He smiles as he drops that bomb on the runners pausing for effect. Then continues “Yes I’m afraid its a Body Guard mission of sorts. Mr.Tony will you please explain more...

ST leans in speaking again only so as the team can hear. “Here’s the scoop in a nut shell... Yous guys is the Muscle. Iv gotta move some merchandise scan. Shady guys never dealt with them before, and i need some back up... I can’t use my normal crew cause... Well i just can’t ok... Job pays Ten a pop that’s 60G’s, when were done scan, plus i got trans taken care of, need a driver though. Yous in or yous out..?”.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight    Fixer's Delight  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 7:43 am

OOC: Sorry for the late post, let me catch up a bit...
"Please, Mr. Monty, I am honored to have been invited." Shasta responds to his greeting, smiling warmly.
[EDIT]: This is now caught up... All she had to do was return his greeting...

Shasta looks quite puzzled when they put down a device and start to interact with it. She looks at the inert hunk of metal and plastic and then looks around, confused, at the group of people who are talking to and about the device. She is even more confused by the discussion regarding "proxies".
"Umm... Am I supposed to see something?" Shasta asks, studying the device on the table intently. She looks around at the group, wondering what it is that she is supposed to be experiencing. She moves her head from side to side, looking closely at the mechanical thing from several different angles. Shasta finally looks up, convinced that this is some kind of a joke, or something similar.
"Ok, seriously, what's the deal with this?" She says, looking at the group from face to face.

Last edited by Gala on Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stampede
Runner
Runner

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2010-07-04

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight    Fixer's Delight  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 9:08 am

Havoc just sat there for some time, more or less starring at the women next to him. Interesting "people" one can meet in this job he thinks by himself, just as the women asks about the AR device. With a slight grin he looks arround. Let's see who'll answer to that question, might become an interesting discussion
Back to top Go down
Khyber
Meat
Meat

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight    Fixer's Delight  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 4:35 pm

Shasta's question clicks with something he had noticed about Shasta; her too 'normal' appearance. She doesn't have any of the normal 'Runner' accoutrements. No armor, no commlink. No commlink visible could be explained by a headware 'link, or one built-in to a good synthetic cyber-limb, or if she was a Technomancer... but then she wouldn't have any problem seeing HAL plain as day there on the table.

So Shasta had no AR or VR at all.

Khyber had seen some weird crap in his twenty years in the Ares Macro military, and his subsequent years as a 'Runner. But, outside of a couple of isolated Luddite and 'back-to-basics' communities deep in Salish or Souix country, he'd never met anybody without SOME kind of connection to the 'trix... Certainly not in the middle of any sprawl as big as this one. Even bums usually had a cheap 'link; hell, 'Runners threw or gave away perfectly good cheap disposable commlinks all the time. They were ubiquitous.

So who or what the heck WAS this girl? She'd asked what she was supposed to be looking at like they were all crazy.

Well, they weren't crazy. Whoever or whatever she was, was crazy.

Khyber's eyes narrowed at the plain woman sitting across the table. "We're talking to the person on the other end of this commlink. Or possibly a hacker currently inhabiting its node. You need to borrow my earbuds or something? I can listen in through simsense." Saying that, he made the mental adjustment that would overlay what he was hearing with audio output from his public commlink directly into his brain, and pulled a pair of earbuds out of his ears. He switched them from skinlink to wireless and offered them to the girl, essentially sharing his 'link's audio output so she could hear what HAL said. The earbuds were a lot better than his commlink's cheap microphone for normal hearing, but he'd put up with it for a few minutes if it helped the meeting along.
Back to top Go down
Kazuki jotaro
Team Leader
Team Leader
Kazuki jotaro

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Aries Mason aka Trix
Race: Human Technomancer
Sex: male

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight    Fixer's Delight  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 5:02 pm

Khyber wrote:
Shasta's question clicks with something he had noticed about Shasta; her too 'normal' appearance. She doesn't have any of the normal 'Runner' accoutrements. No armor, no commlink. No commlink visible could be explained by a headware 'link, or one built-in to a good synthetic cyber-limb, or if she was a Technomancer... but then she wouldn't have any problem seeing HAL plain as day there on the table.

So Shasta had no AR or VR at all.

Khyber had seen some weird crap in his twenty years in the Ares Macro military, and his subsequent years as a 'Runner. But, outside of a couple of isolated Luddite and 'back-to-basics' communities deep in Salish or Souix country, he'd never met anybody without SOME kind of connection to the 'trix... Certainly not in the middle of any sprawl as big as this one. Even bums usually had a cheap 'link; hell, 'Runners threw or gave away perfectly good cheap disposable commlinks all the time. They were ubiquitous.

So who or what the heck WAS this girl? She'd asked what she was supposed to be looking at like they were all crazy.

Well, they weren't crazy. Whoever or whatever she was, was crazy.

Khyber's eyes narrowed at the plain woman sitting across the table. "We're talking to the person on the other end of this commlink. Or possibly a hacker currently inhabiting its node. You need to borrow my earbuds or something? I can listen in through simsense." Saying that, he made the mental adjustment that would overlay what he was hearing with audio output from his public commlink directly into his brain, and pulled a pair of earbuds out of his ears. He switched them from skinlink to wireless and offered them to the girl, essentially sharing his 'link's audio output so she could hear what HAL said. The earbuds were a lot better than his commlink's cheap microphone for normal hearing, but he'd put up with it for a few minutes if it helped the meeting along.

Drake smirked at the mention of him bein a bodyguard sort of speaking odd for what he has been forced to deal with i his many years in the UCAS military. He looked over at Khyber with a weird dejavu felling like he has met him before some where else .
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight    Fixer's Delight  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 7:56 pm

"Ahmmm... Yeah, I s'pose that would work, right?" Shasta said, reaching out and taking the proffered earbuds. She looked at them carefully, noting that they were vibrating in a familiar sort of rhythm. Figuring that she would have nothing to lose by attempting to play this game, Shasta placed the earbuds in to the "ears" she had in her head. Of course, her ears looked just like everyone else's looked. But they didn't function in any sort of similar way. Shasta needed to attempt to decipher the sound-vibrations that the ear-speakers were putting out, and fast, in order to continue to blend in properly. Either that, or come clean to the crew.
- And since they haven't been hired yet, now is not the time to "come clean" to them. Just yet. She thought to herself, taking in the looks of confusion that were being returned to her. Clearly there was supposed to be some sort of interaction with that mechanical device, and she was expected to be able to participate in it. This could turn out to be powerfully challenging...
Perception test: 2 hits!
Shasta hid her "inward" sigh as the sound coming out of the ear-speakers made sense to her. There was clearly some sort of being speaking to the group. Shasta shrugged, and started to pay attention to the noise being generated by the ear-speakers, and the inert device sitting on the table.
"I, I think it's working. Could you, ah, introduce yourself again please?" Shasta said, addressing her voice to the seemingly inert device on the table. She assumed, since everyone else's attention was in that general direction - Although, their attention is directed slightly above the device... that her attention should also be directed toward the device. Although, she still hadn't figured out entirely why.
Back to top Go down
PresentPresence
Team Leader
Team Leader
PresentPresence

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2010-07-31

Character sheet
Character Name: яөъөсөр
Race: Human After All
Sex: French

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight    Fixer's Delight  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 8:40 pm

[This is going to be quite a challenge, meshing into the auto-pilot, but I will do my best.]

Cheddar's subconscious was alerted to a buzzing sound emanating from...somewhere. The buzz again. His commlink. He gathered up the sparse blankets on his cot over his head and grumbled. "Hey bub, dis one's important." That'd be Frank the Barman, his comm's resident personality, crowing out of the comm's speaker. Less skill than a toddler's alphabet tutor prog, but it could gather MeFeed data sufficiently well, and his raspy voice was adept at getting Cheddar up, at least to shut him up. Let off a little too much steam last night, Cheddar mused. He groggily acquiesced to Frank's demands, stretched and yawned a little, rubbed the lipstick off his cheek with a little grin. Or maybe just enough steam, he mischievously decided. He picked up his comm, alerting him to a new message on his MeFeed space. To casual observers, and even the most discerning gossip hounds, it seemed like a normal status update. "chaz is hitting café lola at noon! b there or b []!" He had personally set up the simple lingo code with Frank. "Chaz" meant that it was a run unrelated to the Pack. "Hitting" meant the first meeting with the Johnson. "Be square" meant ten Gs. Ten thousand...a good dent in the money he owed Maria. But wait...noon..."Frag me!" he muttered aloud. It was already 10:00! Café Lola was just around the block in the tunnels, but he liked to stay away from the sewer gases for first impressions' sake. He'd have to take a cab, and a little extra coin might help the cabbie "remember" those paths outside of the traffic. He got an ensemble ready for the meet. Café Lola was in SoHo, so that meant dressing sharp, but not too stuffy. However, if he was going above ground now, it would mean being out on the edge of Terminal, and risking having Charles seen there, and that would be hard to explain if it somehow got leaked on MeFeed. No, he would have to go as Rusty, and change on the way to the meet. I am going to be late. I am going to be late. He threw on his custom-tailored body armor shirt, of course, and then a pair of Berwik trousers and dress shirt, one button undone, sleeves rolled neatly to the elbows. He threw on his worn leather jacket, complete with it's camera and microphone, disguised as buttons, hiding his nice shirt, and made a mental note to scuff up the pants a little on the way. A CleanWand would help spiff those up before the meet. He carefully applied a nanopaste mask, loaded up Rusty's configuration, and practiced his raspy old voice a little with his voice modulator. "Ay, watch were yer goin', chump!" Yeah, that would do. A nondescript baseball cap sporting a conservatively neutral team's colors helped hide his ears, and its camera neutralizing studs would help hide his face. A respirator would be ubiquitous due to Manhattan's omnipresent smog and Rusty's perceived age, so he pulled his on. He grabbed his satchel, and threw in his comm and its attached sim module, making sure he was broadcasting Rusty's SIN and blue work pass, and his sad MeFeed profile. Well, an old janitor from Terminal doesn't make many friends, does he? He also threw in his handy foldable trode fedora to complete SoHo's precocious artsy look. He also threw in his disguised cologne bottle of spray-applicable eX, his compact medkit (just in case), Charles' emotitoy, and his AR glasses and earbuds. He grabbed a slice of betel gum and a scent masking cigarette, too. 10:30 already? Cram! Grabbed his taser and jammed it into his inside left jacket pocket. He left his modest hut, climbed the stairs into the basement of the dilapidated old Terminal apartment building above, and made his way to a cab.

Disguise 2 + Intuition 4 + Nanopaste Disguise 2 = 8 dice Buy 2 hits.

He had the driver drop him off a block from the café. He entered a small pub and went straight to the bathroom, keeping a low profile. The few customers present were those poor old alkies drinking their sorrows away at their lunch breaks. The corps had forgotten them; cheap labor, cheap souls, cheap drinks. He entered a stall, removed the breather, swapped his cap for the fedora, altered his mask for Charles' specifications, and allowed himself a small spray of eX. Not enough to be noticeable, he hoped, but it could give me that little edge I might need at the meet. He swung the leather jacket over his left shoulder, and, lighting the scent-masking cigarette, stepped out of the bar hoping for that [I wanna say Bob Dylan, but who would be the equivalent here?] look that screamed angst, insight, and a bit of playful preposterousness. SoHo. He enters the Café, trying to remember details he had read about it on MeFeed. As he could recall, it was a French place, for sure, and it sold real beans, decent quality. The sort of place he would check out, if he wasn't on a mission. Still, he would try to blend in, grab a café with soy milk, butcher the French language a little, as was customary for any wageslave's excursion to SoHo. He rolled his eyes internally, but he knew how to play the game.

Disguise 2 + Intuition 4 + Nanopaste Disguise 2 = 8 dice
4 hits

He entered the joint, fashionably late, he hoped, intent on getting that coffee, when a server girl approached him, directing him to a table. So much for that latté. "Please, call me Charlie." He didn't need people spreading his street name around while he was broadcasting as Charles. He tried to make his request sound offhand and charming, but with enough edge in it for her to know he was serious. He glanced at the people at the table, but knew that his eyes would be only somewhat useful here. Rat had taught him that people's smells were more important, and if Cheddar knew anything, it was that looks were deceiving. Of course, he didn't smell like much, thanks to his special cigs, but these people likely would not think about how revealing there smells were. For example, if they smelled like chocolate, they came by way of the 14 train near the Uptown chocolatier, which would mean out-of-towners through Penn Station, maybe from DeeCee or Boston. And perhaps even more revealing would be their pheromone output. He decided to test both through the olfactory booster in his arm. Subtle ports opened on the underside of the arm and he took a big "whiff."

Olfactory Perception 3 + Intuition 4 + Olfactory Booster R3 3 - Interfering smells (Coffee) 2 = 8 dice 2 hits
Etiquette 4 + Charisma 5 + Enhanced Pheromone Receptors R3 2 = 11 dice 5 hits

He focused on the scents, and made little move to converse, flashing a quick grin and sitting down. Presently, what looked likely to be their man approached the table. He liked to know who we was working for, whether they wanted him to or not, so he gave his employers the once-over. He's all flash, even here in drab old SoHo. He looks like a guy with connections to disorganized crime. I'll make a call to Kidney Punch and see if he knows anything. As for his meatball secretary, Ray the Trombone might know something. And Mr. Crew Cut here looks like the serious type - somebody who might have worked with the equally serious Triads...I wonder if Han would recognize him... He had laid his coat behind him on the chair, so the button sensors were trapped behind his back. What a novice move. I have to remember these things. He took a mental note of their names instead. They were probably using fake ones for the meet, anyway, but it was worth a shot.

His employers directed him to enter AR, so he pulled out his skinlinked glasses and buds, and made sure his trodes were fitting snuggly. Great, probably some fat manboy hacker living in his mom's Terminal flat that gets off to looking at his avatar in a VR mirror. He preferred the cold precision of his own AI contact, the Piano Man. He was a prog who could deliver results. But, he was hard to contact (without raising too much suspicion, anyway) and Cheddar didn't have much use for the services he provided, mostly supplying warez and the occasional lower-grade autosofts at discount. This guy might be able to get him the good stuff - if he ever had any need of it. Cheddar probably wouldn't know what to do with it anyway.

[Whoof. I'm beat. This guy is way too thought-ative for me. Stop thinking to yourself! Build and contacts up tomorrow.]
Back to top Go down
Khyber
Meat
Meat

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight    Fixer's Delight  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 3:11 pm

Turning to Monty and Slick Tony, he interrupts HAL's response to ask a question that pops into his head.

"When you say bodyguard... are you talking 'stick close and take a bullet for you', 'take out the other guys if they twitch wrong and we go home happy'?"

Khyber would be less than thrilled about the prospect of the former, but had no trouble at all about the latter.

"I can be your driver, also. I can drive or fly almost anything you can throw at me."
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight    Fixer's Delight  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 3:33 pm

ST looks to Khyber "Aeey yo I'm pretty handy with the steel myself, so you wont be baby sitting understand... But there might be some gun play. Young types tend to be skittish ya know. But you wanna drive? Your it then badda bing." Monty looks to Khyber "So very talented. I will send you the proper ID for the driver, and i will even have an officer at the terminal district check point. To let you through. However coming back the pass wont work, and the Guard wont be on duty. You all should plan for this. As it should pose quite the problem... Anyone else have anything to add" He ask and says...

Last edited by Ghostmaker on Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Khyber
Meat
Meat

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight    Fixer's Delight  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 7:45 pm

Khyber looks at Tony and nods his acceptance. "Good then, that's the way I like it. I'm in."

He turns to Monty and asks him, "So what is the vehicle we'll be using? Something common and discrete like a Step-Van or a Hermes delivery van? Or am I going to be your limo driver? Is it rigger adapted by any chance? That could give me a great edge in a getaway if it came down to it."

His deameanor seemed serious, but relaxed; the deal was already struck as far as he was concerned, now he just wanted specifics. Of course, he knew he'd have to wait until the others all agreed to get any of the real meat, but he didn't think the barebones of the transport arrangements would be considered too privileged.
Back to top Go down
Stampede
Runner
Runner

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight    Fixer's Delight  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 9:36 pm

Ghostmaker wrote:
ST leans in speaking again only so as the team can hear. “Here’s the scoop in a nut shell... Yous guys is the Muscle. Iv gotta move some merchandise scan. Shady guys never dealt with them before, and i need some back up... I can’t use my normal crew cause... Well i just can’t ok... Job pays Ten a pop that’s 60G’s, when were done scan, plus i got trans taken care of, need a driver though. Yous in or yous out..?”.

Count me in. Some more details would be nice, though. How long do you need our protection, an hour? An evening? A day? Talking about a truckload of wares or a tiny box, so we would be more flexible?

[OOC: Little time, little post, but I'm still here Wink]
Back to top Go down
PresentPresence
Team Leader
Team Leader
PresentPresence

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2010-07-31

Character sheet
Character Name: яөъөсөр
Race: Human After All
Sex: French

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight    Fixer's Delight  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 4:09 am

Cheddar finally wrested himself from his pondering of the olfactory environment. He could get a little lost in his smells sometimes. These guys try to act like some bad mo-fo's, but there all amateurs in my town. "So, you can get into Terminal, but you can't get out? Well, what if I told you that you don't have to take the roads. I have good knowledge of Underground routes; I can get you where you want to go, discreetly. But you'll all need some form of transportation down there, all I have is a single Growler. You won't be able to get a van in there unless you go through the Tunnel, and that's an unnecessary tax if you ask me. Get your hands on some light ground vehicles, and I'll show you the way. Otherwise, I'll have to ferry you back and forth." Don't want to have to walk in the Underground if you don't have to...the rats are faster than you, and they outnumber you. Guns won't do much against a devil rat swarm, you just have to punch the gas and pray to your gods. "All in all, this run sounds like a good distraction. I was getting a little bored anyway." A little sarcasm never hurt anybody.
Back to top Go down
Stampede
Runner
Runner

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight    Fixer's Delight  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 9:04 am

Having a little knowledge of underground routes (and the dangers connected to them), Havoc shakes his head and says: I'm not so sure that's a good idea, chummer. Depends on what we want to transport, and where. But a route on the surface might be of more use. As I said, it depends.... He let his voice trail a little while turning his head from Cheddar towards Monty, looking in an inviting way as to say common, now give us some more information...
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight    Fixer's Delight  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 9:43 am

"Well, you can count me in. This sounds strange enough to be interesting!" Shasta said, not bothering to conceal her excitement at the prospect of being a part of a team of "Underground Operatives", of a sort. And if that doesn't bring some attention her way, Shasta, interestingly, does not go on to add any of the usual "hedging" that any experienced Metahuman, let alone Shadowrunner, would preface an acceptance with.
Shasta lifts the coffee cup, taking a sip. The gesture looks practiced and smooth on her, as though drinking coffee were a normal part of her daily routine.
"As for getting around, I might be able to help a little with that. I am pretty good at getting myself places, so you probably don't need to worry too terribly much about providing me with transportation. Unless, of course, you want to keep an eye on me." She adds that last part as an afterthought, as though it was perfectly reasonable for someone to actually want to keep an eye on her, or the whole team.
"I suppose, though, that if keeping an eye on me was important, you would prefer for me to travel with you all, right?" The blatant honesty was both a shockingly strange discussion point, and a refreshing change to the normally heavily shadowed way in which statements like this one were made.
"Oh, um, I might be able to help you all come and go too, I suppose, if that's some thing you want me to do. I am also good at watching stuff. It's what I do for fun." She says, looking around the room and smiling a wide and genuine smile. Clearly "fun" should be interpreted in a very literal sense. Some thing akin to when a 3-year-old metahuman mentions what they do for fun. It brings actual, palpable joy.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight    Fixer's Delight  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 10:40 am

Monty looks at Khyber and reads off the vans specs like he was reading a book but there is no book you can see
"Trucks Handling Accel Speed Pilot Body Armor Sensor Avail Cost
GMC Bulldog Step-Van (Van) 0 5/10 90 2 16 8 1 — 35,000¥" Then he adds "its been modified for rigger adaption already, and will be waiting outside 125th Street monorail station Mr. Tony will be waiting for you there."

He looks to Havoc "The contents do not matter, you are to get them to the appointed address, with a top side route this has been taken care of and protect them, and Mr. Tony. For about five hours of work should be a cinch. Its as you say Mr. Havoc easy money. As i said you might want to plan for your way out of terminal district but ill leave that up to you. Please do not leave the van behind as i assume we will need it again, at some later point" ST looks to Shasta and smiles at her comments "Your quite the character aint you." Monty strikes him with a glare and he backs down... Monty then says smiling at Shasta "She is allowed to enjoy her job is she not?"

“Well” Monty says “This was a lot of fun indeed” smiling he adds “You are all exactly as i pictured you would be. Models of your various professions. Run is in three days ill Send you all more details get what you need where you need it by then.Ok..." as he leaves he stops and turns to you all “Do feel free to stay, and try the creme brulee. Its delightful! Moreover its on me of course.” and he leaves you too your various devices.

Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight    Fixer's Delight  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 11:36 am

Quote :
"You're quite the character, ain't you?"
(OOC: Pardon the spelling/grammar changes, I just can't leave that alone...)
"Well, umm... I'm not entirely certain what you mean by that." Shasta begins answering, looking puzzled. She doesn't get a chance to finish, however, when Monty responds to the situation before she can clarify her confusion.
Quote :
"She's allowed to enjoy her work, is she not?"
Shasta smiled as Monty's response clarified her misunderstanding of Slick Tony's statement. Shasta looked back and forth between Slick Tony and Monty for a few moments, trying to decide if further response was expected from her, but after a moment had passed, she noted that the tension was released in the air. Apparently there was no expectation of response for her. Which was a relief.
"Oh, umm, thank you." Shasta says in response to Monty's generalized compliment. She wasn't sure if he was being genuine or not, but it didn't really matter.
"Ah, is the Creme Brulee a normal metahuman food?" She asked, as Monty made his last statement. She didn't pick up her voice for Monty, since he was already on his way out; this question was directed to the remaining crew. She looked around the table, curious about this food he was recommending.
Back to top Go down
Stampede
Runner
Runner

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight    Fixer's Delight  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 11:45 am

Havoc nods the two goodbye, waiting for them to be out of earshot. Yeah, it's metahuman food, but more the extraordinary kind he answers Shasta and without the slightest hesitation orders a Creme and a double espresso, with a slight grin on his face. Then, he turns his attention back to the team.
Ahmm well, so we got a transport. Mr. "you don't wanna know" didn't even mention the size of the thingy we are transporting, but never mind. So, we're getting in and out together I assume. Anything else we could plan already? I mean, we don't have more detailed information on the route to take, and no other informations. So we just wait for it and meet again or what?

[OOC: With the risk of sounding foolish: Is "terminal district" just the name for the end of the transport route or really a district, where one could gather information on?]
Back to top Go down
Khyber
Meat
Meat

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight    Fixer's Delight  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 8:19 pm

"Step-van. Good enough. Assuming what we're transporting isn't too big to fit in the van with all of us in it, our only real problem is having a way out of Terminal in three days. I wonder if there's anything my buddies at Ares could use... a legitimate fetch-and-carry complete with a pass back would make for an excellent cover. Unless anybody has any more.. local resources?" he looks at Cheddar as he says this.

He orders his own creme brulee when the others flag down the waitress to order theirs, and attacks it with relish when it comes, though discreetly running his spoon over a tag eraser in his other hand before each bite. The hallmark of a successful long-time Shadowrunner: paranoia. Because you never know what might get you killed.

He turns back to Shasta and smiles. "So..." he trailed off, wanting to know more about her but not really knowing what to ask. Instead he makes his query to the whole team. "Was everybody asked specifically to come to this meeting?" he decides on, trying to make out what each member of the team is here for. Shasta's apparently not their hacker, that much he's worked out for himself.
Back to top Go down
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
Havick1988

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight    Fixer's Delight  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 12:43 am

Hall sat there quietly listening to the talking going on and once Monty got up to leave she finaly spoke up after a pause in the conversations. "Well i supose at this point it would be redundant for me to say that i am in as Monty had found some way to contact me to request my service. I am however interedtd to see how this will go as I am in a maner of speaking new at this. However on an easier note of things if its a way out that is neccisary i can forge the required documents and upload you all with the passes. as for the second part if you all wouldnt mind allowin me access to your coms i could work far more efectively with you all ratherthan somene constantly carying this hunk of garbage around with yall, ... though on second though sence this is a basic unit i guess the female can take it as for a means of keeping in contact.

Hal waits for a responce from the others as to her sugestion and the favor she had asked of them
Back to top Go down
Khyber
Meat
Meat

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight    Fixer's Delight  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 2:04 am

Khyber hears the hacker's request for access to his commlink. He instead gives another offer. "I can give you a minidrone to inhabit... a RPD1-X Ferret with a chameleon skin. You should be able to get around anywhere pretty much with no trouble."

He sends off a Command to a drone, which launches itself from the drone rack under his SUV. It winds its way to the cafe, and in just a few minutes, the drone makes its way to the table, careful to avoid the wait staff, and stops at Khyber's foot. He picks it up and places the little drone on the table next to the commlink. He then sends HAL the encrypted code to jump into the Ferret.
Back to top Go down
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
Havick1988

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight    Fixer's Delight  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 2:23 am

Hall looks at the device and scoffs. "That thing? that would break in an instant if i accesed it. no i was requesting the colinks becase there more durable and are easier to upgrade. lets face it the programs i run are taxing on a processor and something of that caliber she gestures at the Drone and the animation flicks her hair back after and she tilts her head a bit to the side. "is hardly top of the line so i wont even wait my time with it.
she sits back in a chair that materialised behind her watching the rest of the team and shooting ugly glances at the drone every now and then
Back to top Go down
Stampede
Runner
Runner

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight    Fixer's Delight  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 6:27 am

Access to our comms? Ahm. Ok I know it's usefull to link comms during a run, but full access? Are you serious? I mean, just because you're a greenhorn hacker 'new at this' and not even showing up in person when everyone else he turns his head towards Sashta does? I don't think so. The idea with the forged documents for the way back is not bad, though.

Speaking towards Khyber, he says Specifically? Ahm I guess so, at least I received a message from monty inviting me here, if that's what you mean.?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight    Fixer's Delight  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fixer's Delight
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next