Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeWe Be Gangers - Page 2 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

We Be Gangers

Go down 
+5
wngd_phantom
Ghostmaker
Forged
Kazuki jotaro
Gala
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

We Be Gangers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Be Gangers   We Be Gangers - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 2:58 pm

Forged: Good use of a contact, and I like the Junkyard. +1 Karma

Runder looks down at the Commlink as Blindside slides it in to his hand. Just about when Blindside is paying the most attention possible, the 'link buzzes, indicating a return message.

~ It's cool man, I don't mind at all. I got the perfect spot. You sure you wanna use a Junk Yard? That's kinda nasty... Want one with a dog?
Busy, haveta call ya some other time.~
Rakker wrote back. It sure didn't seem like it would be any sort of issue to put together the storage. He didn't directly answer if it was his loot, but his playful tone suggested that it wasn't.

Janesta turns back toward the Kitchen as Body keeps the talks moving along.
"Hey, don't be like that." She says to Runder, meeting his eyes. "I wasn't laughing at you, I was laughing at the morning-thoughts. Everyone's are funny. That's why I always try to get up first. People say the weirdest things before their heads are screwed on straight. And believe me... If we were wealthy enough to be drinking real coffee, I wouldn't need one of you to serve it to me, would I?" She grinned. Then the grin left her face a bit as she swiveled her head to peer at Body and Leon.
"'Course, some people do their best to steal one of my favorite parts of the day from me..." She frowned, clearly pointing out that Leon and Body were keeping less than "regular" sleeping hours. And that she hadn't had the chance to laugh at their "morning thoughts" properly in a while.
"Ahh, well, anyway, don't worry so much. Drink some Soy-Caf. You'll be laughing with the rest of us at that comment in about ten minutes." She smiled at Runder, soothingly.
Back to top Go down
Drugged dwarf
Runner
Runner

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2010-09-15

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: We Be Gangers   We Be Gangers - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 6:03 pm

He looked down at the commlink as it bleeped, reaching out to hand it back to Blindside, paitently waiting till he was no longer swearing from the pain.

"Um... I think this is for you. Just give me access to your PAN, I can do it from mine... I... think..."

He gives an awkward nod and grin to Janesta, not trusting himself to bring up a proper reply in fear of sounding like a total spaz. Instead he forced a smile for both Body and Leon.

"Well.. if you guys say it will be alright... I guess I could give it a shot..."
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

PostSubject: Re: We Be Gangers   We Be Gangers - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 6:13 pm

"I could make a few jokes about your sleeping chambres, but i'm afraid i'd be slapped by both you and my dear Anna Marie." Leon allowed himself the little joke, his mind wandered back to the picture he had of his beloved, and how he longed to see her again, maybe he'd slip to her work later this evening, keep an eye on her.

"I'm sure i can get the location of Marco from the fence, at least some of the information we want. If at all possible, I would ask Tink to spare 2 of her animaux de compagnie. 1 for our fence, because paranoia is the better part of caution, and the other for Marco's place, if and when we find it, I can get close, drop off our little spy, and leave. We get some recon done without having to worry about one of us getting shot."

Leon hadn't forgotten Janesta's comment about his tracking, hinting that he might have a weakness. He simply shot her a look with his dead looking eyes, with the cyber eyes turned off they were completely blank "The only question you should ever have about my tracking, is if i should leave the prey alive."
His tone had completely changed, and within a moment so had his demeanor, back to the beast that seemed to dwell within his soul.

Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: We Be Gangers   We Be Gangers - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 7:21 am

Janesta laughed at Leon's joke. It wasn't really that funny, in itself, but the fact that he so rarely made any jokes at all definitely added to the humor of the situation.
Leon went on, and Janesta looked at Leon quizzically. She had to assume that she had said something that insulted him somehow, so she took a minute to think back on her comments. Her facial features take on the "1000-mile stare", while she starts to count on her fingers, her lips moving slightly but not uttering a sound. After a moment of this, her face brightens a bit, and she looks to Leon.
"Leon. Do you really believe I doubt your abilities? How long have we been working together now? Long enough." She asks and answers her own question. "Now, back to the question: it wasn't about your capacity, it was a question of your tactics. What's the plan?" She said, finally summing up, in different words, what she had asked of him before.
"And, it wouldn't bother me much to know where he keeps his home-base either. Let's try, if we can, not to scare him in to moving. Think we can do that?" She asked. She knew it was a little bit of a stretch, given that they were going to be both breaking in, and setting up some fire-works to keep the heat off. But perhaps they could make it happen.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: We Be Gangers   We Be Gangers - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 10:30 am

Gala wrote:
Then the grin left her face a bit as she swiveled her head to peer at Body and Leon.
"'Course, some people do their best to steal one of my favorite parts of the day from me..." She frowned, clearly pointing out that Leon and Body were keeping less than "regular" sleeping hours. And that she hadn't had the chance to laugh at their "morning thoughts" properly in a while.

Body kept his cool when the comment was made mentally gulping. While Leon spoke his mind body stayed quite. Kept up his cool calm laid back look. Inside he was thinking. Did she know what he was doing? It must have been obvious but then why did she not say it? Maybe she had an idea but no real hard evidence.

He settled on she knew he was leaving, but not where he was going. But he did not want a lecture so he let it rock. No real need to speak. Besides Leon had provided a much welcomed distraction, with his comment/Joke. And that would provide accurate cover for now.

Back to top Go down
johnnytenpins
Meat
Meat
johnnytenpins

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-12-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: We Be Gangers   We Be Gangers - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 4:51 pm

Tink finally pulled out his earbuds, realizing people were talking about him. The bass of the latest Axen Kovel beat still rang in his head. He had been so focused on trying to increase the signal strength of a commlink he had found laying around that he hadn't heard Janesta call a meeting. From the looks of it there had been more bickering about soy-caf then anything else. Oh well all the better for him, he hated that stuff, it made his tummy feel ill- he preferred the newest and greatest ultra caffeinated version of Buzz Cola anyway, cherry flavored Bull Horn DeuceX. He saw Leon looking at him and immediately knew that he wanted to use some of Tink's pets. Tink frown a little and felt his heart sink, he was still trying to rebuild his flock from the last couple times Leon and Janesta needed his assistance. They weren't just drones to him, he knew their bodies and minds inside and out, hating to lose them. But he knew where his usefulness laid, and intended on keeping himself valuable.

While playing with his bracelet of woven rat tails, Tink piped up, "I like your thinking Leon and will try and provide you with what you need, but after the last couple instances I am down to only one rat and one bird. They are yours if you need them."

Sorry to be late to the party, didn't realize the game had started.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: We Be Gangers   We Be Gangers - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 7:56 pm

Leon took a deep sigh, using the cool morning air in the drafty house to quell the fire within him. "I'll track him the same way i track everyone else you send me after. One lead, into another, into another. He Likely has a couple of fake licenses and fake sins like the rest of us do, but as was stated, you can't hide a physical car all that well, even in this city."

Leon turned his eyes back on after another moment, letting his irises flash red as he took in the colored world, The radar still fed him information on where everyone and everything was around him, and he knew they were secure. "Thank you Tink, I think i'll just borrow your brother bird. Send him to spy on our new employer, i don't trust him quite yet. Janesta, do you think you could contact the rest of the fence's in our area, warn them about Marco and try to ring any new information from them? Message me when you can, Marco likely had another party last night, he'll be sleeping in."

Leon had taken a few seconds and moved from his shadow and went for the stairs, "I'm gone in five minutes, message me if you get anything my friends." Leon grabbed the address of the fence, it would only take a few minutes to get to him through normal means, so he went downstairs to his sedan and waited for the others to move.

Last edited by wngd_phantom on Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kazuki jotaro
Team Leader
Team Leader
Kazuki jotaro

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Aries Mason aka Trix
Race: Human Technomancer
Sex: male

PostSubject: Re: We Be Gangers   We Be Gangers - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 8:22 pm

Jason smirked at Leon's idea which wasn't bad at all "Looks like we were able to put our heads together and make a plan." He heads towards the door and outside. He nodded at Leon. Jason's surprised that its not raining yet.

Back to top Go down
Drugged dwarf
Runner
Runner

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: We Be Gangers   We Be Gangers - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 3:10 am

Runder had an odd look about him - his brow furrowed, lips curved into a frown, a constant rub with his hand onto the back of his head... he leaned out of the kitchen, forced a smile, and piped up

"Um... W-w-what is this plan... exactly? I kinda lost track a little there...."
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: We Be Gangers   We Be Gangers - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 7:38 am

Phantom: Well done pulling the plan together, and acting on it. +1 Karma
Johnnytenpins: You're late. But, good "excuse" in your RP. +1 Karma. Keep up the posting.

Janesta nodded as Leon made his request. She was happy to reach out to the other Fences in the area. They should know already, since they tended to be a tight-knit group, considering they are all competitors. But they share secrets, particularly this kind. She didn't mind getting any of the skinny on the feelings amongst them, and stoking the fire a bit if she could.
Janesta turned her head to watch Leon head out the door. He didn't need any encouragement to do his job well, it was simply what he did. And she liked that about him. He was good. Almost a shadow himself. - Maybe I could call in a few favors for him, help him hide even better. She mused, watching the door close behind him, hearing the rustle of his long coat as he hurried on his way. It would grate on him though, he would feel she was increasing his debt. - Maybe it would be better to speak to him about it first... She thought, reconsidering her approach.
Janesta turned to Runder, smiling warmly. She stepped in to the kitchen and grinned as the SoyCaf was finishing, and refilled her cup. It was almost time for her to head down to the storefront. But she had time for one more coffee.
"Easy there," She said to Runder as she poured her cup.
"We have plenty of time for you to get used to this. Don't worry. She paused, raising the black SoyCaf to her nose to draw the impressively recreated scent of coffee in to her nose. She had had some real stuff, once, a long time ago. Back when it was more common, and less expensive. 'Course, there were less people then too. That had an effect on the price.
"MmmmMMmm... I just love my coffee in the morning. She said, clearly enjoying the first sip of her properly brewed SoyCaf. She turned back to Runder, regarding him as she slid the coffee around in her mouth. Finally she finished catching him up, at least, the lite version.
"Leon just headed out to start in on the Recon. Once he has a good feel for where Marco's hideout is, he will do some careful observation of the hideout and we will have a second planning session, trying to cover the approach to the building, and the "distractions". It will probably be a day, at least, or perhaps 2-3. In the mean time, why don't you try and do some digital tracking. See if you can't track down what Marco does with his money, and maybe where he goes to drop it off, and pick it up. Also, whatever else Marco does that leaves a digital signature. I'll bet you can find some good stuff. Put it together in a file, and we will review it together later today when you have enough to look over. How's that sound?" Janesta smiled at Runder, turning to head toward the living room. Runder would likely follow once he had his cup of SoyCaf, and have questions or suggestions regarding this.
"Jason, Body, why don't you two coordinate with Leon, and see if there are any other avenues that he could use an extra hand in. I know he won't want you two to come along with him, but he may appreciate having someone to head in a specific direction, or watch a street corner or something.
"Tink... What are we going to do about getting you some more of your favorite friends? Can I help?"
She said, finding a seat in one of the understuffed armchairs and sinking into it.
Back to top Go down
johnnytenpins
Meat
Meat
johnnytenpins

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: We Be Gangers   We Be Gangers - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 12:01 pm

Tink looked up from the commlink again, eyes brightening at Janesta's question. As usual his brain was moving faster then his mouth could, and after about 10 seconds of his words running together uninteligibly, Janesta's continued stare made him stop, take a breath, and start over. "Well the trouble is not in finding my pets. Rats, crows, and seagulls are everywhere. Aquiring the gear to make them do anything more then follow simple navigation commands is where the trouble always lays. Eye and ear implants are everywhere and don't do much to affect the nature of the creatures, but anything more is usually more complicated to find. If I had anything to barter with, I could see what my friend Morgan has in his junkyard at the moment. Or perhaps we could find an animal with some more---hmm whats the word I'm looking for--some more skills then a little ole rat. I've seen some things in the Matrix that make me think a wolverine would make a super neat pet! Or a falcon. Or an ostrich." The image of a little gnome riding an ostrich made Tink pause for a second and smile.

Realizing he was totally gone on a tanget Tink stopped and said "Thats pretty much where I stand, though I have been working on my "abilities" a lot lately, so not everyone of my pets needs lots of tech. Sewer mice make good test subjects." He grinned mischievously, "is there anything you need from me today?"
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: We Be Gangers   We Be Gangers - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 9:49 pm

Janesta got somewhat lost in the description Tink was giving. She got completely lost when he started talking about the Matrix and Wolverines. - Not that I don't care, but I am having a hard time seeing where you're going with this... She thought to herself, maintaining her smile. - Eh... Whatever. At least he's enjoying the topic. I like that he's interested! She continued, trying not to tune out the diatribe about other animals completely.
"No, I don't think I have any particular tasks. But don't you have to be close to your pets, or something, for them to work? How are you and Leon going to get your pet to do recon without you working with him on whatever he has going?" She asked, looking puzzled.
Back to top Go down
Drugged dwarf
Runner
Runner

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: We Be Gangers   We Be Gangers - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 2:01 am

He had followed them to the living room, still processing the conversation in his head, forming a plan. Where to start, what to look for, what to use, what to track on...

As the two got more and more into their conversation (he did perk his ears up in interest at the mention of matrix wolverines) he sank more and more into his own mind. There were a million and one ways this could go about this, and, of all things, he wasn't sure where to start. The suggestion that he created a dossier on the people involved seemed mostly fair: the more info they had of what they were dealing with, the less likely he would be to getting shot in the face. Runder actually quivered at the thought - he had seen a bullet wound once on one of the gang's previous runs - looked like it stung worse than any bees he'd ever seen awakened or otherwise.

Another interesting problem popped up for him, the fact that he only had two days, maybe three if Leon was a little bit slow - and he didn't look like the slow type. Rising from his seat, he spoke.

"Hey, um... I think I've got a clue as to where I want to start. With any luck, I'll have a dossier of Marco by the time the boys get back. If anyone needs me, I'm on the comms...."

With an awkward smile, he retreated into his room, closing the door behind him.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: We Be Gangers   We Be Gangers - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 7:26 am

Janesta smiles to herself watching her idea take hold in Runder's brain. She knew it would only require a bit of coffee, and some coaxing, to get him on the right track. Of course, the coffee is the more important ingredient in that list...
"Well, I suppose I should head downstairs then, and open up shop. You all have my number if you need me..." Janesta looks in to the bottom of her coffee cup, frowning at the thought that she was finished with it already. She stands up and heads out the door, leaving the coffee cup on the table for one of the boys to clean up when they did the morning's dishes.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: We Be Gangers   We Be Gangers - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 7:33 am

Game Stuff:
Runder: I assume I am going to need a couple of search rolls. Probably you're going to want to give me some stealth as well. Let me know what other rolls you want to add in to the mix. Also, for the fun of it, let's talk about the nodes that you're starting at to gather information, and if you're going to be using some of your 'Trix contacts to help you track him down?

Leon: I need a description of what you're doing, so we can figure out what rolls to use, and when.

Anyone else who wants to be "doing something" should post in their actions, and their intentions.

After getting off the 'link with the Fence, Janesta called up Leon.
"Hey Leon. Got word from the Fence. He's going to send over a list of what was taken. I assume it will be about 75% honest, or so. I'll forward it to you, and the team, when it gets in. Also, by the way, Runder is tracking Marco on the 'Trix. I hope he has something useful for you by the time you return. What else did you need?" Janesta asks, settling in to her one and only actually comfortable chair in the shop. She looked around at the electronic knick-knacks and wondered if she were to put together a small machine shop, if she would be able to bring someone on who could work with the stuff and maybe create some Drones or something... - Eh... Another thought for another time... She thought to herself.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: We Be Gangers   We Be Gangers - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 3:35 pm

Body thought of his roll in the whole scheme... Mostly he stared at the ground after Leon left. For a while now he had felt mostly useless since Jenesta took him in. No longer did he have to risk breaking into an abandon building to find refuge from the rain. This was also one of the reasons he took to free running. When he was running the side of a wall or say climbing a gutter that ran alongside a building he did not care about anything just moving. Of course trying to be sneaky while doing it and or falling on ones behind more then once in an hour was more then enough to make him care about things around him.

He wanted to be of some use. He had asked Runder to help him understand what he did a little more. Some time ago, and was given popular reading materials for people in those circles, but Body was not able to make heads or tails of it. Save the one article about mag-locks and pass keys. He liked that one. Right up his ally. Still he craved more knowledge of the matrix, on machines in general. It would have to wait he thought. at least until he got smarter. that made him smile.

About that time Jenesta was telling him if he wanted he could try backing Leon up in his maneuvers. "Nah" he said. "Probably cramp the guys style. But ill send the offer past him.... He pulled out his com and shot a message voice of course to

Leon:

"Ey man boss says i should extend my services to you. Help you keep tabs or something, on this guy. That sound good to you or no? Cause if not let me know ill find something else to do..."

He then went to his room to find his Camo Jacket. While he waited for Leon's response. He did not want to be caught in the rain without it. He also put on his Guards under his coat but over his pants. Body did not carry weapons. Most of the time he did not need them. But if he did it would have been some type of blade. that being said. He also knew his record would make the cops search him. So all he brought with him was a bobby pin. "You never knew when you were going to need one" He would smile and say, but no one would get the Joke...

He left his room and went back to the Living/Dining room....
Back to top Go down
Drugged dwarf
Runner
Runner

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: We Be Gangers   We Be Gangers - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 5:01 am

Runder

It wasn't much of a problem for him to share a room: he had a rather large family, and space was a costy thing these days in the city. But for the purposes of quiet research and programming, having a room-mate that can hear your every frustrated swear-word at being shut out of another node was utterly terrible. As such, Runder had taken to doing his work in his bed, with his covers placed over his head to keep the noise down - not that it actually helped, but it made him feel a little bit better.

Grabbing his asthma pump, Runder crawled into bed, commlink at the ready, and logged onto what he now considered his second home. Right, he thought, that was the easy part... now what?

Argumented reality had become something of a small addiction for him ever since his father got him his first visual commlink in a rare and sudden moment of compassion for his degenerate son. It had taken him a year to fully get used to the possilbilites of an entire world in the palm of his hand - and another year to start buying hacking programs from Janesta with his savings. Needed to buy something halfway across the world? 'Trix it. Want to find a friend from your old school? 'Trix it. Want to find out what the Harlem Globetrotters looked like before the surge? 'Trix it.

Live on the matrix was simple, clean, and didn't ask him to grow up and be a family man every day, and he liked that just fine.

He browsed around randomly, checking boards and messages left for him over the night, as he thought about what his first action would be. Forming a Dossier on Marco would prove a little difficult as he had no idea who this man really was, or who his gang hung out with. Figuring to start from there, he decided to check out the rumour nodes across the city. People must have heard of this Jacking, surely, and they must be chatting about who did what at where for how much. Doing a general search for both Marco and the Fence should bring things up..

What was the Fence's name again?

He opened up a channel on his commlink, and left a message for Janesta

Hey, what was the name of the Fence Marco Jacked? Just doing some rumour checking out in the air.

He grinned to himself, now with a bit more to go on. When he finally got the name to work with, he'd leave finding out more to his old 'friend' Darius, a local fixer who had liked the way he fixed his Tri-vid module that he had been more than happy to lend him a hand every now and then.

Carrying on, he figured might as well be worth a shot to see if he couldn't get into any nodes at Marco's hideout. Maybe one of his guards would be stupid enough to leave some kind of clue lying around the matrix. Running his stealth program, he begun a probing VR hack into one of Marco's nodes, aiming for security access to see what he could find.

ACTION:
Probing Target - Marco's hideout node
Data search - Marco and gang - Rumour boards across city, focus on ones concerning fences
Having a contact ask around - When name is given, asking Darius (Fixer, 2.2) to ask around about the fence who got his stuff stolen
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: We Be Gangers   We Be Gangers - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 6:52 am

Dwarf and Ghost, great posts! +1 Karma. Ghost: the depression was an awesome touch, and your writing was quite good. Dwarf: I love how you played to Runder's insecurities.

Game Stuff:
Runder - So far you are generating 1 Search roll. It is an extended test (meaning you keep searching until you find it). The threshhold is 10. PM me if you need help rolling an extended test.

Ghost - what are you doing while you're waiting for Leon to respond? You could "brainstorm" some other things for you to do, and propose them to Janesta. You could even ask her for other things to do... though that may lead to the "brainstorming" anyway.

= Oh.. Ok, His name is Lars. He doesn't give his last name, so any rumors would reference just "Lars" or perhaps "Lars the Fence". Make sure to cover your tracks in there. I don't want you getting caught or anything... Janesta responded almost immediately. It's always good to know that she can be counted on to respond any time, any where. In fact, it was sometimes strange that she had responded in the dead of night. But that's another mystery for another time.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: We Be Gangers   We Be Gangers - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 12:22 pm

Body Made his way to the shop. Where Janesta was nestled in her chair. When he knocked on the door to her office.

"Kinda not sure what to do iv not herd back from Leon, but it hasn't been to long. Any prep work you need from me...?" He then yawned... and looked at her with a shrug.

His attitude of late had been very nonchalant, but she knew he had his head in the game. Like most young kids his age in the sprawl. He was just lost. No real ambition and nothing to look forward too. Out side of the next score of course...
Back to top Go down
johnnytenpins
Meat
Meat
johnnytenpins

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: We Be Gangers   We Be Gangers - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 2:03 pm

It took a few minutes to digest what Janesta had reminded him, but once she was gone, the light bulb went off for Tink. He immediately commed the popular Leon and left him a text message: "My pets require a fairly close wi-fi link to be controlled and you never took the transmitter. If you still want some aerial recon, let me know and I can meet you with the 'mitter. Or I can meet you and find some other animal in the area and command it to do what we need."

While waiting for a response from Leon, Tink snuck back to his room. In the corner of the wall, behind his dresser, was a taped up section of plastacrete. He pulled down the patch and reached in, grabbing a small pouch and pulling it out. He reached in and grabbed one pill out of the pouch and stuffed it in his pocket for later. He then poured the rest of the contents in his hand, he counted 7 more pills, then put them back in the bag and shoved it back in the hole in the wall, replacing the patch and sliding his dresser back in place. He was going to need to find a new supply of Psyche soon. Tink was unsure how he was going to do his work without his medicine if he ran out, it made him feel like he could figure out any problem and put anything together. By by gosh he hoped Blindside didn't know about his hiding spot...or his habit. He would hate to have his roommate think any less of him.

Once everything was settled back in place he headed down to shop to see if Janesta had anything new in today while he waited for Leon's response.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: We Be Gangers   We Be Gangers - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 2:12 pm

Leon wasn't the impatient type, he had waited nearly his entire life just for a fleeting glimpse of his Anna Marie, but when he set a deadline, Leon expected it to be followed. Firing a three way message to both Janesta and Body. "Merci Janesta, do me a favor and see from the information you've got on the loot if Blindside's van is big enough, or if we need a bigger truck. If we need a bigger truck, trouver un. Body, You asked me about furtivité, en mouvement, et de parler. Today you get to learn deux sur trois, et de regarder le troisième. Borrow a camera from Janesta and hop into my car, I need aerial shots of the employer, and if we can find Marco, we'll need aerial shots of his place as well. That means lots of roof tops, lots of running. Compris? You've got three minutes."

Leon clicked off his mic, he hadn't used that much french in front of his friends in a long time. Staying up all night on Janesta's errands had been wearing thin on his nerves, but he dared not let it enter his voice. A weak person is not worthy of her, I shall never be weak in thought or action, for you, My Anna Marie. He breathed deeply, pulling his hood up further around his face, enjoying the shadows it gave him, embracing the darkness as if it were Anna Marie's own loving arms.

"Tink, Give the transmitter to Body, he'll be joining me in person to this run, he'll be close to where we want your friend to be anyways, thank you." Nothing more than 2 clicks of his mic and the rest of his instructions were doled out. 2 minutes till Body would be down to his car, so Leon fired it up, revving the engine lightly so it got the attention of his team inside, more to hustle them into action then warm it up. He wrapped his fingers around the steering wheel, it was a much nicer car than he probably should have for his job, but he had plans for it, much like everything else.
Back to top Go down
johnnytenpins
Meat
Meat
johnnytenpins

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: We Be Gangers   We Be Gangers - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 2:46 pm

Getting Leon's message while he was on his way downstairs, Tink turned and ran back to his room. He quickly opened his trunk and grabbed the transmitter to his latest crow, activating it while he reached out the window, opening a rickety cage and letting lose the black bird. Tink finally made his way down to the storefront, doing everything he could to stand up to his full height and handing off the transmitter to Body, "Leon asked me to give you this, it gives simple navigation commands to the bird waiting outside. He said he was going to want it where you were going to be headed anyway. You just have to stay within 100 meters of the bird, but it should give you some neat aerial recon. Try and be careful with it, please."

He then turned and went back upstairs. He hated giving up control and got a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach, not wanting to watch Body leave. He went straight for the fridge, grabbed the most caffeinated beverage inside and went to his makeshift workbench, tinkering with that commlink to get his mind off everything.
Back to top Go down
Drugged dwarf
Runner
Runner

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: We Be Gangers   We Be Gangers - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 5:49 pm

Runder

ACTION:
Data search Test for Marco - Data Search (3) + Browse program (3) Threshold - 10

Test 1 6d6=17 5,3,1,2,2,4 (1 hit)

The 'trix, for its sins, was having a bit of a quiet morning. The usual news of people doing stupid things for stupid reasons ("A new cult formed in downtown seattle calling themselves The Master Blasters are making headlines across the state for their extremely well created pumpkin pie and adherence to the colour green"), and it was not doing much for him in terms of searching. He sighed, frustrated. Well, you can't win them all I guess, just going to have to dig deeper

Test 2 6d6.hits(5)=0

Aw come on, he said, cursing quietly under his sheets, where the hell is everyone?

Test 3 6d6.hits(5)=1

"Oh wait", he suddenly exclaimed, "was the new Barbarian movie out today?" He sighed, and changed his parameters a little - he had a crap ton of nodes that were going to be too busy talking about who's acting was better that he needed to avoid before he started an matrix flame war

Test 4 6d6.hits(5)=3 5 hits so far

The result was almost instantaneous. The boards where starting to fill up with information faster than he could sniff it out. A lot of rumours... and a bit that he knew where false, but enough to check up on.

Test 5 6d6.hits(5)=2

He could tell he was getting close : the number of random Matrix memes was decreasing. These were the serious nodes, where the professionals spread the word. He kept his stealth program running on overtime as he explored

Test 6 6d6.hits(5)=3 10 hits, threshold Crossed

A wide grin came over his face. He finally had something. Alright you, he said to himself, let's see what you're all about.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: We Be Gangers   We Be Gangers - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 6:40 am

Phantom and Dwarf: +1 Karma, great posts. Phantom, I like that you slip in to the French/Creole in your "tired" state. Dwarf, excellent narration of the extended tests. Well done.
I will have the "file" on Marco for you at some point today Runder.

"Well, I do have..." Janesta started to reply to Body only moments before they both received Leon's response. She heard the ding of the Commlink and paused, taking it out to read it.
"Looks like you got yourself something to do. And it'll be right up your alley too." Janesta grinned at the pun. "Right up his alley..."
At just about that moment, Tink wandered in the door and gave the transmitter to Body. Janesta took a moment to select a simple "point-n-click" from her shelves and hand it to Body. It was a good enough, low-end model which wouldn't have the least bit of trouble doing what Body was trying to do.
"That one should do the trick. It's got 10x Optical Zoom, and takes 20MP photos. I know it's not the top-of-the-line, but I expect it will be enough for what you're working on, right? Also, let Leon know that the van will likely fit everything... But it won't fit anyone else. Just the loot and the driver.
"Oh, and Tink, why don't you hang out here for a bit."
She said, almost as an afterthought, turning her smile on Tink.

Janesta waited a few minutes after Body left, in case the duo were going to be coming back in for anything else. Once she was satisfied that they were well on their way, Janesta turned back to Tink and smiled a bit.
"I have a bunch of boxes of old electronics that you may be able to use to build some of your own toys... Think you could do that if I showed you which ones are available? You'll have to spend some time in the second floor cleaning the place out and setting up a shop. Whatcha think?" Janesta asked, seeing the excitement slowly set in over Tink's face.
Back to top Go down
Kazuki jotaro
Team Leader
Team Leader
Kazuki jotaro

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Aries Mason aka Trix
Race: Human Technomancer
Sex: male

PostSubject: Re: We Be Gangers   We Be Gangers - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 10:10 am

Jason ducks out for a little bit to figure out how to tell Janesta about his slight problem the problem being the sleeping baby. He starts looking through his personal items When came across a strange pendent that he never saw before. He starts to wonder how every time he gets close to anyone they always seem to leave him. "How am i going to explain this? " He starts to try to come up with a plan when his comm starts chirping he hits the ignore button then sets his com to hidden.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We Be Gangers   We Be Gangers - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

We Be Gangers
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next