Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeOn The Run - Page 12 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

On The Run

Go down 
+6
Beetayasol
Ghostmaker
WearzManySkins
scawire
Gala
Kazuki jotaro
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

On The Run - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Run   On The Run - Page 12 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 11:29 am

"Ok, with that out of the way, let's get to the good stuff. The "nitty gritty", so to speak. We, as 'Runners, tend to calculate our risk in terms of days, and actions. So, let's talk about a daily rate, rather than worrying about some exceedingly large number. You can pay us each morning, via a credstick. I will happily to re-use the same one daily. I figure, if you can hack the bank and take back your money, you don't really need to worry about where the money you're paying us comes from. So it seems a good gamble to me." Breaker paused, enjoying her joke with a little smile and a slight laugh. She kept it quiet, keeping with the theme of the moment, and only allowing her humor a slight moment for ebbing any building tension.
"As for the rate itself, I would like to see full access to medical facilities, all equipment covered, including replacements in the case of damage, and no less than 15,000 Nuyen per day. Each. Now, while I don't choose to work every day, that is an approximately appropriate consideration of what my daily rate is, when I work. Plus, of course, a slight markup for hazard pay, and "depreciation" as I will be unavailable to my external contacts. And since we'll be living in, I expect that you'll keep us mostly busy." Breaker finished up, still looking the Johnson straight in the eyes. Any of the team who took the time to "do the math" would find that surprisingly, she really hadn't padded the number much. Which was interesting, since Negotiations usually included a few rounds of bidding. It must be that Breaker was not intending to move much on her price.

Negotiation Roll: With Edge 9 Hits!!!!!!
Re-Rolling the 6s: 2 Hits, Sub-total 11.
Re-Rolling the second set of 6s: 0 hits, Final number of hits: 11! That's a double-critical success!! (OOC: He might just decide that Breaker was undervaluing their services, and offer more!)
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On The Run   On The Run - Page 12 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 12:16 pm

Ghost was impressed with Breakers bargaining. But she still felt uneasy about the arrangement. Live in with the J, without as much as an idea on how long, was not what she had in mind when she was asked to help out. She really hoped Breaker would think about including an exit for them if it takes too long, maybe on a weeks notice or something. Anyway, if this will get too long, I’m out, she thought. None of her thoughts showed on her face while Breaker talked with the J. She knew it was better to present a closed front during negotiations. That was the reason she didn’t speak up herself… yet.
Back to top Go down
Kazuki jotaro
Team Leader
Team Leader
Kazuki jotaro

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Aries Mason aka Trix
Race: Human Technomancer
Sex: male

PostSubject: Re: On The Run   On The Run - Page 12 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 2:56 pm

The johnson smirked at Breakers request and pulled out small handheld device and entered a code when he was finished he waved to the assistant to collect the credsticks to transfer the nuyen to each stick.

Trix smiled at how impressed he was of breakers negotiations.
Back to top Go down
Suspect
Runner
Runner

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2011-01-07

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: On The Run   On The Run - Page 12 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 8:48 am

As his teammates went through the motions of the discussion with the Johnson - one corner of his mouth pulled up into a half-grin at Breaker's deft negotiation - Logan sat with his strong arms crossed over his deep chest. He was a man of few words, and those he did use were not conducive to stroking an employer's ego. Still, he was a member of the team and it was politic to attend the meet in person. Johnsons felt better about hiring a team if they displayed solidarity.

Logan was glad he'd worn his mirrored shades, as was his wont, as they masked the alarm that flashed in his eyes when the Johnson casually mentioned that they would be bunking here on this military-style compound without so much as a 'by your leave.' The ease with which they'd been waved through the gate now took on a somewhat sinister tone. 'Will it be so easy to leave again?' he wondered silently. Trix appeared to take the news in stride, but you couldn't always tell with him. Breaker was too engrossed with manipulating the team into more lucrative terms to show any reservations at this point; she was too good at what she did for that kind of faux pas. Ghost was maintaining her usual aloof mystique, but Logan was sure she would have plenty to say about it later. And Hasty, as always, was in 'hidden mode' and probably buzzing around the room taking in as much of the scene and the Johnson as she could.
He didn't want to jinx the negotiations by confronting the J at this point, but instead determined to bring up the idea when they were alone and going over their new situation.

He could only hope he was just being overly paranoid - that there was nothing to be concerned about. Except he knew himself well enough to know that words like 'captive' and 'hostage' and 'maximum security' would haunt his thoughts...for now at least. Shrugging his shoulders slightly, feeling the welcome weight of the twin semiautomatics resting comfortably in their concealed holsters, Logan let his expression remain cool and calm while he watched...and waited.

Last edited by Suspect on Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added speculations about other team members)
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: On The Run   On The Run - Page 12 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 9:26 am

Breaker nodded and smiled at the Johnson, noting inwardly that she likely could have asked for double, based on the relative ease that the Johnson had acquiesced. - Oh well... There's no changing the bid now. She thought to herself, watching Trix slot the chip and check it's contents. She could verify the money just as well herself, but it was always good form to allow each team member their due, their specialty, no matter how elementary a task may be. - I'll just have to keep my eyes and ears carefully tuned for changing the requirements again. New rules always leads to a new negotiation, and now I have some feel for what we can get for this. She completed her previous thought. It's the basic rule of the game: you bid high, and expect to be bargained down. If you get your ask, you didn't bid high enough. But then you're stuck.
Breaker took a few moments to look around the team, hobbled together though it may be. With the distinct exception of Logan, she had worked with the rest of this team before, and knew them well. They were all likely feeling as concerned as she was about this "live in" arrangement. But with Trix's immediate acceptance, there was nothing for it but to forge ahead.
"Ok, with that done," Breaker said out loud, following the small but obvious nod from Trix indicating that the ask had been given entirely. Breaker felt a slight flutter, despite that she now knew she could do better, this was one hell of a good paycheck.
"What else is there that we now need to know?" Breaker asked, turning back to the Johnson. She expected that there would be a few more details left out, though they wouldn't allow her to re-open negotiations again unless they were as drastically different from expectations as this "live in" arrangement had been. Given the circumstances, Breaker wasn't sure which one she wanted more: to re-open negotiations, or to be mostly within expectations. - Of course, if we are re-opening the negotiations, that is as bad as it is good... It means that we're in even more danger than we'd thought. She thought to herself, turning her eyes back to the Johnson and looking at him expectantly.
Back to top Go down
Kazuki jotaro
Team Leader
Team Leader
Kazuki jotaro

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Aries Mason aka Trix
Race: Human Technomancer
Sex: male

PostSubject: Re: On The Run   On The Run - Page 12 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 1:24 pm

The johnson looked at breaker and nods his head to them and turns to leave he tells the group something with a smirk on his face which made what he said next  "if any of you wish to leave this facility your more then welcome to,but know this you'll be on your own" Trix could sense that something was off about this johnson there was something different ,but familiar at the same time. He looked at Breaker and gave her a look that most experienced runners would pick up on as we need to leave now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On The Run   On The Run - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

On The Run
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowrun Online :: Library :: Archives :: Archives - :: Dead Runs :: Kazuki jotaro's games-
Jump to: