Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeOn The Run OOC - Page 2 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

On The Run OOC

Go down 
+7
scawire
Ghostmaker
Gala
T_Hawk
WearzManySkins
Beetayasol
Kazuki jotaro
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

On The Run OOC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 10:44 am

That's not true. Simple pressure sensors work MUCH easier than the complicated ones like what your thinking of. Use, instead of a complex technology-heavy getup like that, a simple clear lab hose, one of the really small ones, and hook it up to the pressure sensor on the side of the road. When the tire goes over the hose, it will shoot air out, and trigger the cord charge.

As for the torpedo charge, since it's a straight line, you could lay it down on it's side, and use it to take out the tires, instead of cutting the car in half. Again, a moderately well applied bit of creativity will apply the technology very effectively. And ANY GM will accept that. My suggestions are not taking the technology beyond either it's design, or it's capacity. My suggestions are nothing more than a slightly creatively considered usage.
Back to top Go down
Kazuki jotaro
Team Leader
Team Leader
Kazuki jotaro

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Aries Mason aka Trix
Race: Human Technomancer
Sex: male

PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 11:46 am

Lets add some sort of delay featureto the sensor so that way the truck can pass safely over the spike strip with out causeing harm to the truck but it will the cars behind it
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 11:57 am

That sort of thing shouldn't be hard coded, it should be manually controlled by a human. And, we should be discussing the actual plans IC; we can discuss the game mechanics, and how our characters may understand things differently from us, the players, here on the OOC.
Back to top Go down
Kazuki jotaro
Team Leader
Team Leader
Kazuki jotaro

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:30 pm

Gotcha
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 4:45 pm

That's a good lookin' Glitch on number 3 there Sca...
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 4:47 pm

Wow! burn! Eagle eye GAlA lol! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 5:21 pm

no seriously about that how do you handle something like that the dove trips the alarm or i mean did he glitch or did the agent hmmmm?
Back to top Go down
Kazuki jotaro
Team Leader
Team Leader
Kazuki jotaro

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 6:25 pm

A glitch in the system
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:45 pm

There are sort of 2 different schools of thought... He didn't critical glitch, so he may have still succeeded in the task... but something happened that he didn't prepare for, or didn't notice. OR, you could just have him fail.
Back to top Go down
Beetayasol
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2010-07-16

Character sheet
Character Name: Beetayasol

PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 9:10 pm

Anybody remember where the rules are for creating an item that's listed in one of the books. I found the build/repair table, however I don't know how much it would cost. For Chemistry (Arsenal) the cost of getting the materials to create a drug have an availability equal to the drug, but at only 1/10th the price. For vehicle repair, parts cost an amount equal to 1% of the vehicles base price per box of damage with the same availability as the vehicle. Minor repairs can be handled with a vehicle repair kit, otherwise a vehicle repair shop is necessary. However, I have not seen anything in regards to creating an item from scratch in regards to price. Anybody know where that is?
Back to top Go down
WearzManySkins
Team Leader
Team Leader
WearzManySkins

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2010-05-09

Character sheet
Character Name: WeaZManySkins

PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 9:23 pm

Beetayasol wrote:
Anybody remember where the rules are for creating an item that's listed in one of the books. I found the build/repair table, however I don't know how much it would cost. For Chemistry (Arsenal) the cost of getting the materials to create a drug have an availability equal to the drug, but at only 1/10th the price. For vehicle repair, parts cost an amount equal to 1% of the vehicles base price per box of damage with the same availability as the vehicle. Minor repairs can be handled with a vehicle repair kit, otherwise a vehicle repair shop is necessary. However, I have not seen anything in regards to creating an item from scratch in regards to price. Anybody know where that is?

IIRC you would need some AR plans etc, a Minifac of the type needed. Arsenal has rules for modding vehicles but built from scratch was not in the Dev's mind in current rules.
Back to top Go down
Beetayasol
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2010-07-16

Character sheet
Character Name: Beetayasol

PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 6:48 am

So, could I roll a Logic+Data Search to see if I can find an AR plan for creating Spoof Chips, Morphing License Plates, and GridGuide Override? Making each would use only 80% of the cost. That seems fair as I am creating it.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 10:58 am

Yes and no. It depends on who your GM is. First you would have to have either a shop, or a facility. Both of which would include the basic tools needed for the repair work, but for the direct manufacturing would require additional specialized tools, and equipment. Most of these things cannot possibly be fabricated by hand. So, as long as you already have the specialized tools and equipment (which may include the basic fabricating equipment) then you could make them for a far sight less than 80% of cost. Perhaps something like 20% of cost, since we all know how much the markup between fabrication and sales is.
But, I doubt you have the specialized tools and equipment, nor the fabrication knowledge, nor the training in using those fabrication equipment. And that doesn't even take into account the GM's willingness for all of this.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 10:58 am

Ugh... I have some catch-up to do on this, huh? You guys punched in like 1.5 pages of game thread over night!
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 11:03 am

I don't mind waiting for you to catch up G! You always have good posts that are worth the wait! yeah that's right!
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 11:13 am

I caught up, and posted. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Character sheet
Character Name: Shadow

PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 11:15 am

heh. I know the feeling... I had to read through roughly 2 pages last night.
Back to top Go down
Kazuki jotaro
Team Leader
Team Leader
Kazuki jotaro

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 3:09 pm

A ghost from Trix's past is slowly starting to surface again. Which could or could not spell trouble for the team and the run itself.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 3:18 pm

Spooky but well worth playing with. And hasty looooves a good game. Gonna go post thanks KJ could not figure out what to post all day that was Relevant.
Back to top Go down
Kazuki jotaro
Team Leader
Team Leader
Kazuki jotaro

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 4:00 pm

its not an actual ghost its one of two runner that survived the last run Trix was involved in Trix being one of the two and the mystery sender being the other.
Back to top Go down
WearzManySkins
Team Leader
Team Leader
WearzManySkins

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 11:48 pm

@Ghostmaker actually he did it for several reasons.
1. If someone is watching the door/entrance to Trix's doss coming out the window that a grenade was thrown into would hopefully be unexpected/surprised.
2. Any weapons aimed at the entrance/door to Trix's doss will have to be alter target to get a shot at Kat, or anyone aiming at the now broken window would be expecting some to fire from the window not dive thru it.
3. Parkour Physical Adepts do it with flips. Very Happy
4. I figure if any hostiles were watching/aiming at Trix's Doss will be not expecting such an exit, but I have been wrong before. Smile
5. Since I basically turkeyed my initiative roll, I am hoping someone runs out the door/entrance first to draw any hostiles attention. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 5:26 am

WearzManySkins wrote:
1. If someone is watching the door/entrance to Trix's doss coming out the window that a grenade was thrown into would hopefully be unexpected/surprised.
2. Any weapons aimed at the entrance/door to Trix's doss will have to be alter target to get a shot at Kat, or anyone aiming at the now broken window would be expecting some to fire from the window not dive thru it.
4. I figure if any hostiles were watching/aiming at Trix's Doss will be not expecting such an exit, but I have been wrong before. Smile
5. Since I basically turkeyed my initiative roll, I am hoping someone runs out the door/entrance first to draw any hostiles attention. Laughing

To: WearzManySkins

Ok Suspect dude i was just rping my pixie, She is thrill seeker and a good Team mate. She knew no one could see her follow you. If she did not want them too. That said (well at least most of the time) she Went to back you up. So did you not want that should i edit or like whats wrong. Im sure you got your reasons as your above states. i just reacted the way i thought she would to your actions. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 8:18 am

No editing Ghost: if the team didn't discuss it ahead of time, you gotta put forth what the Hasty character in your mind would do; even if it doesn't quite fit what Kat would have asked... Since Kat didn't ask, it's a mute point, isn't it? Afterall, Breaker wanted to speak with Shadow before he left... but it didn't quite work out that way, did it?
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 9:00 am

k np here talk to dude i was just letting him know no one was trying to cramp his style i was trying to help you know what forget it lata

ps i did not actually edit

Back to top Go down
WearzManySkins
Team Leader
Team Leader
WearzManySkins

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 12:07 pm

Ghostmaker wrote:
WearzManySkins wrote:

To: WearzManySkins

Ok Suspect dude i was just rping my pixie, She is thrill seeker and a good Team mate. She knew no one could see her follow you. If she did not want them too. That said (well at least most of the time) she Went to back you up. So did you not want that should i edit or like whats wrong. Im sure you got your reasons as your above states. i just reacted the way i thought she would to your actions. Smile

@Ghost no harm no foul, we each role play how we think our character would respond/react to the situation. No changes needed or requesed. Very Happy

I have no issue with someone covering Kat's back.

Due to the unknowns in the situation, Kat reacted/responded in the way I believe he would.

If by some bad luck he is now in the middle of a KE High Threat Response Team, will role play it out. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On The Run OOC   On The Run OOC - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

On The Run OOC
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowrun Online :: Library :: Archives :: Archives - :: Dead Runs :: Kazuki jotaro's games-
Jump to: