Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeLiberty or Death OOC - Page 4 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Liberty or Death OOC

Go down 
+3
Bear
Dura
MisterBook
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2010-03-15

Liberty or Death OOC - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 5:25 pm

Also, any more visual perception rolls made outside the warehouse are going to be affected by heavy rain and poor lighting.

-5 normal, -2 lowlight, -2 thermographic, -2 ultrasound.
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Radek
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 7:17 pm

Gretel street knowledge roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2508807/
1 hit.
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 9:11 pm

Threading Reality Filter: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2508809/ Keeping 4 hits
Using Reality Filter on the node: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2508810/ 5 hits
Using Data Search to find the recent traffic in the access log: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2508932/ 8 hits by first IP, 14 hits by second IP
Resisting Fading damage: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2508950/ 1 hit

Lou suffers 3S damage. >_<
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 9:58 pm

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2508997/
Infiltration: 2 hits
Visual Perception (Normal) : 5 hits
Visual Perception (Thermographic) : 1 hit
Non-Visual Perception : 4 hits
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 4 EmptySat May 08, 2010 8:00 am

Post will be up late tonight; I've got to attend a graduation ceremony for my wife, and mine's already done.
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 4 EmptySat May 08, 2010 8:04 am

Congrats on graduating!
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 4 EmptySat May 08, 2010 9:35 am

They grow up so fast! ^_^
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 4 EmptySun May 09, 2010 4:47 pm

Listening perception rolls for everyone in the warehouse, please.
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 4 EmptySun May 09, 2010 4:47 pm

At +1.
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 4 EmptySun May 09, 2010 4:50 pm

Back to top Go down
SwimmingEagle
Runner
Runner
SwimmingEagle

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2010-03-22

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 4 EmptySun May 09, 2010 7:05 pm

[2,3,5,1,1,2,1] = (1) not likeing my rolls so far
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 4 EmptySun May 09, 2010 8:53 pm

Gretel hops on her bike and drives towards the melee, aiming her path off to the side so she can strafe them.
Initiative:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2512365/
11 + 3 hits = 14
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 4 EmptySun May 09, 2010 11:37 pm

1st turn, 1st pass has expired. The gangers can take no action against Gretel this pass.

Second pass: Gretel
Second Pass: Locos

Whatever your rolls on the previous hearing perception test, they are now considered automatic successes. Thunder will not hide the sound of surpression fire made from ex-explosive bullets. Alarms are shrieking as a few bits of shrapnel ricochet onto the warehouse.
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 4 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 6:00 am

So, are all the gangers still out in the open? Or have some of them made it behind cover? And if so, how many of them are in the open and how many have taken cover? I'm trying to decide if I should start trying to pick them off one by one or try to kill a bunch of them with suppression fire.
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 4 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 10:22 am

None are behind cover yet, though there are enough left that another suppression burst won't get them all. There's more than twenty, all told. Wink

In the first pass, they could not react to you, except for five. Who spent their pass dropping prone.

The Locos have a second pass.

The Johnnies do not.

You are also speeding away on a bike, so you're going to have to use a complex action as a control vehicle if you're wanting to turn around and come back at them.
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 4 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 10:44 am

I'm gonna use my second pass to try to kill the remaining Locos with suppression fire. I'll also try to catch as many Johnnies as possible, but the Locos are my primary target.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2512997/
8 hits, baby! Twisted Evil
The damage code is 7P with -2 AP because the clip only has 20 bullets left in it.

I'll take my control vehicle complex action in my third IP.
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 4 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 12:27 pm

Now, are you still speeding away on a motorbike when you take your second pass? And if so, in what direction?
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 4 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 12:53 pm

I speed the bike Northwest into an alley, then loop around one of the houses so that I can use my third pass in IP2 to fire upon them from due West. If that's possible. Otherwise, I'll just attack on the third turn.

In case it helps, my bike is a Suzuki Mirage. Speed 200, Accel 20/50, Handling +2.
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 4 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 2:00 pm

Just so we're on the same page, it is still combat turn 1. First pass has gone to Gretel's surprise action, who spent it as a complex action to fire her minigun while the bike was moving.

It is now the second pass. I assume you're leaning back to fire again, or are you using this pass to speed off into an alley and loop around?

Either of those would be a complex action. If you want to use your second pass to fire again before your view is blocked by going into an alley, that's fine. You can use the third pass as the complex 'maintain control', and then we move into Turn 2.
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 4 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 2:19 pm

Oh, that's what you meant. Yeah, Gretel's first pass she's firing as she bursts out of the alley. On her second pass, she's still alongside them, so she's firing ninety degrees to her northward heading. Her third pass she's gonna maintain control as she zooms off into a northwest alley.
Back to top Go down
Jondera
Runner
Runner
Jondera

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 4 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 3:33 pm

Book: I had a bit of an issue with something that came up in Dura's last in-game post... I brought it up in chat, but you were busy, so I'm copy/pasting the relevant discussion here. I'd like a ruling on this...

[Jondera] By the way, Book... when Gretel fired off her suppression fire, I was under the impression that the warehouse was struck by random chunks of shattered glass and concrete and stuff... not that any bullets actually hit us?
[Jondera] Also, if we were hit by bullets... with Security 4, would our walls be strong enough to not get pierced by non-armor-piercing rounds?
[Jondera] Because I would think it would be a fairly basic security consideration, if people could just take an assault rifle with regular FMJ rounds and cut a hole in our wall.
[Dura] they are ex-explosive rounds
[Jondera] Well yes, but even EX-explosive rounds aren't designed to cut through structural steel.
[Jondera] Or reinforced concrete.
[Jondera] Dent it, maybe chip out the surface a bit? Yeah... go straight through without slowing down? No.
[Jondera] Our warehouse isn't made of plywood.
[Dura] Book said they would in chat so I went off that. \(o.o)/
[Bear] wait so the bullets ripping through our warehouse are Vanyas?
[Jondera] She's the only one firing, isn't she?
[Bear] does that give me an excuse to stunbolt Gretel?!
[Jondera] Oh well... I guess somebody with a rifle can now kill us all from halfway across town by shooting the explosives stockpile in our lab. It was nice knowing you!
[Dura] you already backed out
[Bear] well with the rules for chained explosives, some might live if they are far enough away
[Jondera] For future reference... multi-story warehouses are fairly structurally sound buildings... and I would have hunted up something made of reinforced concrete, preferably at least 8-12 inches thick.
[Bear] its not like we have stockpiles of rating 12 high grade military explosives
[Jondera] Even AV rounds won't get far against that stuff.
[Jondera] No... but we do have 60 kilos of commercial-grade stuff.
[Jondera] 60 kilos can make a pretty big boom.
[Jondera] Also... it just seems really weird that somebody with a handheld (granted, very large, but still handheld) weapon can put bullets through the walls of a building with high-grade security.
[Dura] it's a minigun with explosive rounds. I don't get why it's so odd
[Bear] because even a mingun takes time to chew through security grade concrete. Maybe not much time, but still every single bullet wouldnt fly which way through
[Jondera] Yeah.
[Dura] aren't there better things to be doing than obsessing over this...? >_>
[Jondera] And that would be concentrated fire - repeated narrow bursts.
[Bear] it sounds more like the warehouse is made out of wood and bullets are all over the place
[Bear] I know you aren't talking about somebody obessesing over a little facet of the game dura   
[Jondera] Well, I, for one, don't want to live in house where I might suddenly find myself with a cerebellum full of lead while drinking my morning coffee, if there's a gang war a couple blocks away.
[Jondera] Also... if I happen to mix up a batch of nitroglicerine, what happens then? Somebody trips, bumps our wall, and blows us all up?
[Bear] not to mention shooting up a warehouse full of explosives is not the best way for Gretel to introduce herself to a group
[Bear] well actually it might be. if that warehouse isnt where the group is living
[Jondera] Heh, true. But we ARE living in this one.
[Jondera] I admit, my experience with construction techniques is more with bridges and dams, since that's what my dad's engineering specialty is, but I've spoken with a number of structural engineers and archtects over the years to have a pretty good idea...
[Jondera] Granted, most warehouses are single-floor, but multi-floor ones aren't all that uncommon, and if they're expected to be seriously load-bearing, they're frequently made of steel-reinforced concrete. And that stuff isn't particularly easy to bust through.
[Jondera] That's why there are explosives rules in the first place... if people could break holes in walls with any old firearm, we wouldn't need a bomb person.
[Dura] you're missing the point. This isn't taking down a building using mechanics. It's simply dramatic presentation. nobody is blowing up your precious bomb lab. just relax, jeez
[Jondera] I realize that, it's just the way it's presented has bullets flying through our house. The same house which is supposed to have bulletproof reinforced walls. And no windows. This defies logic.
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 4 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 7:07 pm

Read my post again, if you will. 'rip apart the buildings around the wrought destruction'.

I hadn't meant to insinuate that the warehouse, itself, is being punctured. Rather that there are ricochets and various miscellaneous materials being bounced around by ex-explosive material, making it seem as if the warehouse were under attack.
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 4 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 7:17 pm

Oh but you see it's such an important matter of unparalleled significance, you really oughtn't be needlessly poetic or ambiguously vague with your wording! It's sloppiness like that which wrought the untimely end of more than one space shuttle crew, and considering there is more at stake here than then you really should be as precise as possible. In fact, this egregious error is being reported to the FDIC, the DEA, the FBI, and NATO, and you can expect to hear from them shortly concerning the details of the disciplinary action to be carried out against you.
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 4 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 7:44 pm

Oh Noj. Laughing

At the same time, I'll try to be a lot more specific with my poses to prevent misunderstandings.
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 4 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 11:19 pm

Combat round 1 over.

Locos are dead, to a man.

Nine Johnnies are left. Most badly injured, 4 completely untouched. They are beginning to scramble.

The street is filled with muck made mostly from pulverized remains, and the various fluids that leaked out of them. Buildings on the north side of the street are chewed as well from reflection and ricochet. Pockmarks are everywhere.

Perception test, hearing, -5, for everyone heading outside.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Liberty or Death OOC
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next