Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeLiberty or Death OOC - Page 5 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Liberty or Death OOC

Go down 
+3
Bear
Dura
MisterBook
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2010-03-15

Liberty or Death OOC - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 5 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 11:19 pm

The warehouse has a few minor pockmarks as well, but is a lot sturdier than it's neighbors.
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Radek
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 5 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 9:44 am

Turn 2 Actions:
IP1:
Control Vehicle

IP2:
Remove empty clip.
Load clip of Stick and Shock ammo.

IP3:
Fire full wide burst of Stick-n-Shock at fleeing Johnny, who is soaking wet.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2514220/
4 hits.

Bullets remaining in clip: 35
Total Ammo Remaining:
270x EX Explosive Rounds
200x AV Rounds
105x Stick and Shock Rounds
200x Tracer Rounds
Back to top Go down
SwimmingEagle
Runner
Runner
SwimmingEagle

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2010-03-22

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 5 EmptySat May 15, 2010 3:55 pm

Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 5 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 10:42 am

It's Jondera and Eagle's turns to post, right?
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 5 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 12:54 pm

Yes. Everyone's running a bit behind. I'll forgive that, since it occured to me first that slowed everything down. But I'll need a post by tonight from anyone who hasn't posted in the last twenty four hours, or they'll simply have to catch up when they can.
Back to top Go down
Jondera
Runner
Runner
Jondera

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 5 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 1:24 pm

Back to top Go down
SwimmingEagle
Runner
Runner
SwimmingEagle

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2010-03-22

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 5 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 10:27 pm

Casting Increase Reflexes force 4
3 hits

Result: +2 initiative +2 IPs ; total init:9 Total IPs:3

Resisting Drain
3 hits

Result: resistied 3 drain. Recieved 1S damage.
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 5 EmptyTue May 18, 2010 1:41 pm

Gretel rolls init: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2524984/
5 hits. Initiative score is 16.

When her turn comes up, she's gonna go after one of the Johnnies fleeing towards the warehouse with her monofilament whip.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2524988/
5 hits.
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 5 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 7:14 am

Combat Turn 3.

The Johnnies are flat out running. Each of the 'unblooded' Johnnies is 25 meters from his starting point at the end of combat turn 2, where the initial attack occured. One is running west, one is running south - That one has been tasered and is currently shuddering on the wet ground, 15 meters from his starting point. He did not get a full turn of running. Two are sprinting northeast, towards the warehouse.

Five wounded Johnnies are still alive, but badly hurt and torn up. They are staggering away. Each heading in a major cardinal direction, with two going south. The one to the north is ten meters along. West is eight. East is ten. South is six and ten, respectively.

In order for Gretel to attack a Johnnie heading for the warehouse, she's going to have to close back into range again for a melee attack. If she's going to use her bike to do it, the vehicle control test will be at -2, with threshold of 2; Distracted, trying to control with one hand in a heavy rain with slick roads. I'll need that roll first. The melee will also suffer a -2, for being used while on a moving vehicle. The melee modifier is offset by +2 for effectively 'charging', albeit on a much faster scale. There is also a +2 for Reach. This is only applicable if the vehicle test passes first. It will be a simple Action to make the vehicle test, as it has to be turned and accelerated. If desired, Gretel can make it a complex action and spend her first IP doing so, and that will count as the 'control vehicle' action for this turn. If made into a complex action, the vehicle test can be made without any negative modifiers, threshold 1, for concentrating on what's she's doing.

Effectively, there's a +2 modifer to the melee after all's said and done, if Gretel makes her vehicle test. Her melee will occur on IP 2 if she's using the first pass as a control vehicle complex action.

These penalties do not apply if she tries to chase the Johnnie down on foot. The melee still gains +2 for 'charging', but she'll have to catch up to them first. The +2 for Reach also applies.

Effectively, there's a +4 modifer to melee after all's said and done, if Gretel chases them down on foot. Her melee will occur on the IP she manages to catch up.

For the Reach bonus to apply, Gretel will have to be right on top of the Johnnies. The whip's length is two meters. Obviously, if she's two meters away and uses her whip, there is no reach bonus.

Johnnies Initiative this round is - 8

I'll need initiative rolls from Sparkler too.
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 5 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 7:51 am

Vehicle Handling test: 7 Reaction + 1 Pilot Ground Vehicle + 2 Bike Specialization + 2 Handling - 2 Circumstance = 10
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2526005/
3 hits.

Upon closer examination of the rules, I've discovered that one cannot take a Specialization for Exotic Melee Weapons. I've removed the specialization and changed it to Unarmed Combat (Cyberweapon). Also, since I'm rerolling, I'll also make a called shot to the Johnny's neck for +4 DV.
Attacking the Johnnie: 10 Agility + 2 Exotic Melee Weapon + 2 Reach + 1 Personalized Grip + 2 Charging - 2 Moving Vehicle - 4 Called Shot (Neck) = 11
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2526013/
5 hits. Rockin'. Base damage is 8P + 4P = 12P, AP -4.
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 5 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 8:56 am

The attack johnnie aborts to dodge.

He doesn't succeed. The monofilament whip catches him along the neck, slicing him from shoulder up to ear. Copious amounts of blood, and he goes down in front of the warehouse. He's still alive.

Pose up to that point, please. It's the second johnnies first pass afterwards. Unless anyone in the warehouse is doing more than holding their action.
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 5 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 4:11 pm

Dakka Johnnie Attack on Gretel. Perception roll made.

Two burst-fire, narrow bursts.

First, 1 hit, Glitch.
4P + 2DV for narrow burst.

Gun jams, second burst aborted.

Gretel's defensive roll will include being in vehicle and moving, if she continued past. If she stopped, she gets only 'partial cover' for being on the bike. It's a larger target and changes her profile.
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 5 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 6:14 pm

Gretel stops. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2526791/
2 hits. Dodges it easily. IC posted.
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 5 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 9:13 am

Gretel is holding her actions until either something happens that attracts her attention or Dakka Johnny takes his first action of the next round, whichever comes first.
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 5 EmptySat May 22, 2010 3:01 pm

Combat turn 4.

Daka Johnny spends simple action to clear the jam. Second action to fire, burst fire, narrow. 2 Hits, unless Gretel intends to interrupt.
4P + 2 DV

Slit Johnny is running, at -3 modifier.

Knight Errant has joined the scene, but is unaware of combatants. For this round.

Jon, give me some police knowledge roll, please.

Anyone else with applicable knowledge skill like Jon, feel free to roll for hits, or to default to logic.

Last edited by MisterBook on Sat May 22, 2010 10:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 5 EmptySat May 22, 2010 10:02 pm

Gretel interrupts with a called shot to Dakka Johnny's weapon.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2531139/
2 hits.
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 5 EmptySat May 22, 2010 11:17 pm

The monofilament whip snaps out, and catches the gun across the mid-plate. While it jerks Johnnie's arm forward and his aim off - as well as taking skin off of his fingers - it doesn't manager to yank the gun from his grip.

On the other hand, the skittering monofilament whip does manage to wrap across the top of the gun and dig into the metal deeply enough to effectively keep it from operating again. It has now become an oddly shaped club.

Bullets rip along the ground to the side of the 'little girl', causing some splashing water on her shoe. That's about it.
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 5 EmptySun May 23, 2010 7:45 am

Gretel zips away, turning into the alleys West of the warehouse.
Vehicle Test for increased acceleration: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2531595/
3 hits.
Gretel travels 65 meters this round.

EDIT: Forgot the handling bonus. Reroll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2531622/
6 hits. Gretel travels 80 meters this round.
Back to top Go down
Jondera
Runner
Runner
Jondera

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 5 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 9:22 am

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2533029/

I'm apparently quite knowledgeable about whatever it is that's going on.
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 5 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 11:11 am

Laughing I get the feeling I just completely threw a monkey wrench into somebody else's intricate plan.
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 5 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 11:22 am

Hey Book, how do you handle intercepting wireless signals? If you know (or have a feeling) that there's a signal there, can you run a Sniffer program to find it? Or do you have to find one of the nodes it's originating from using Scan before you can intercept the signal? I've seen it done both ways, so I need to know which way you're gonna do it. Note that I want to Capture Wireless Signal, not Intercept Traffic.

I went ahead and did the Scan rolls just in case. If they're not necessary then I'll just use them the Sniffer test. The dice pools are actually the same, although the threshold for the Sniffer test is only 3 so I got it on my first roll.

Threading Scan/Sniffer: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2534457/ keeping 2 hits.
Resisting Fading: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2534458/ 0 damage
Searching for hidden nodes (that weren't there during previous search)/Capturing wireless signal (threshold 15+/3): http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2534474/ 3, 3, 3, 4, 2, 2, 4, 3, 2, 3
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 5 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 9:38 pm

I use the book definition. Core AE page 229, 'capturing wireless signal'. I'll assume you wanted a 'sniffer' thread instead. To capture a wireless signal involves only the sniffer program and a threshold of (3). 'Intercepting Traffic' would be for secure and wired traffic, rather than wireless. Unless you're looking to intercept and edit the signal before the end of its path; In which case, you would have to locate the node first, or a node being used as an 'in between', and break inside.

Within your very first roll, you've caught the signal as the Knight Errant force transmits to one another wirelessly. It is, however, Encrypted. You'll need to break that encryption before you can copy, record, or forward the data. Since this is a passive catch, you cannot edit it unless you want to try and break into the KE's communications node. See first paragraph. Let me know if that's the case.

Cryptanalysis is Electronic Warefare + Decrypt (1 Combat Turn) extended test.

Don't forget negative modifiers for maintaining a thread if you have to thread another program.
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 5 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 11:01 pm

Threading Decrypt: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2535074/ 2 hits kept, Decrypt 2
Resisting Fading: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2535075/ 2 hits, 0 DV
Decrypting wireless signal: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2535077/ 12 seconds: Rating 3 Encryption broken. 15 seconds: Rating 4 Encryption broken. 18 seconds: Rating 5 Encryption broken. 21 seconds: Rating 6 Encryption broken.
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 5 EmptySun May 30, 2010 6:16 pm

The last post was 3 days ago, and that was mine. I'll need a sound off if you all are still planning on being a part of this game. Or a word as to why there's been no posts since, if you're experiencing RL problems.
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 5 EmptySun May 30, 2010 6:52 pm

Well, Jon doesn't have internet access for the weekend and won't be able to log on tomorrow because of Memorial Day, so he'll be back on Tuesday. And I believe it's his post, so that would explain it, I think.

Anyway, I'm still in!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death OOC   Liberty or Death OOC - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Liberty or Death OOC
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next