Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeLiberty or Death Ad SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Liberty or Death Ad

Go down 
+3
Jondera
Bear
MisterBook
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2010-03-15

Liberty or Death Ad Empty
PostSubject: Liberty or Death Ad   Liberty or Death Ad EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 3:15 pm

There is no more Government, there is only a capitalist autocracy and the continuation of a blood thirsty status quo. The liberal concepts of the world have eroded away, and turned this globe into a corporate nightmare! But the cry of the oppressed wage slave, the ceaseless turmoil of the forgotten souls, even the distant echo of the rusted machinations of business have coalesced into a new movement.

A new hope. A new view of things to come. A scattering of 'individuals', for lack of a better word, have come together with a plethora of motivations. Some wish for a better tomorrow, some fight for a brighter today, and some just want to watch the Sixth World burn. Whatever binds them together, their purpose is supposedly the same:

To rule save the Earth.
Back to top Go down
Bear
Runner
Runner
Bear

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2010-03-05

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death Ad   Liberty or Death Ad EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 3:24 pm

Let the voices of those oppressed by the corporate machine rise up as one! We shall no longer toil unceasingly under the whips of our cruel masters! We shall no longer suffer silently as our dreams are raped and desecrated upon in front of our very eyes! Those who have abused us shall know our pain! Those who have betrayed us shall fear our name! Those who would stand in the way of a better world shall burn!
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death Ad   Liberty or Death Ad EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 3:34 pm

This is a game about a group of eco/socio terrorists Heroes who are out to remove the corporate grip on the world. This is not your standard shadowrun, as explained below. This game can be as serious or silly as the players desire, but the danger will be very real.

All metatypes, metavariants, etc are allowed. If you have an especially weird concept (I want to play a surge III frog man who's infected with HMVV!) let me know. We might be able to work something out, as long as it's supportable in a basic BP chargen. This is a game for malcontents, malicious or otherwise.

The game will be different from your standard runs in that it will have a sandbox approach. Your over-arching objective is to overthrow the corporate grip on the world, one street at a time. Whether this is done through violent anarchy, computer-aided grid crashing, or building of force is up to the players - I'll provide the contacts, with ideas for the next step. The players, however, decide on the actual method of achievement. It will be a progressive game as well, so that karma and awards earned can be immediatly applied.

The sandbox approach lends itself in the following manner; You will not have a johnson to give you an objective. No neat little packages. You will have to create your own objectives, as a group. You will have several different things happening at once, and whatever you don't pay attention to will get worse, and eventually spin out of control.

Example: You learn of a shipment of armaments heading for a Lone Star facility. You also learn about a gangers building up on your defined borders in the barrens. You also learn of mysterious disappearances in a nearby orphanage. Your group decides to hit the gangers instead.

Congratulations. You have, briefly, managed to keep control of your little corner. However, the shipment has gotten to Lone Star, and now every cop encounter is going to be much harder. Conversely, you decide to hit the shipment instead. Congratulations, you have kept the Lone Star ill-equipped to deal with your eventual rebellion; Now the gangers have built up enough force to raid your safe house while you were away. Or while you're there. or while you're trying to hide out.

And maybe the mafia's pissed now, because some of that shipment was supposed to 'fall off the truck' and into their hands. And maybe the disappearances are something even worse building up, getting ready to tear apart your little conspiracy. This is a game about choices. Will you be the savior of the Barrens, their eventual overlord extracting protection money, or just burn them all and let God sort them out? Or will you be just another body in the ditch, with glorious dreams of rebellion fading away? Is it too late to save the Earth from the corporate momentum, or does hope for change still exist?

Do you spread yourselves thin in the hopes of stemming the tide, or cluster and charge full speed ahead - and pray that what you ignore won't blow up on you later?

Standard build, 400 BP. Standard Chargen. Restrictions on equipment over rating 12 or Forbidden, unless you discuss it with me first. This will not be a slow game; I expect a post a day, or a valid excuse as to why not. If a character dies, the player may app back in again with a new sheet - we call that 'recruitment'. As long as someone in the movement is still alive, that is. The same goes for new players, until I feel I've reached my limit.

Last edited by MisterBook on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jondera
Runner
Runner
Jondera

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death Ad   Liberty or Death Ad EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 2:22 pm

What, nobody else is interested in this? How sad...

Anyway, my application:

Name: Jessica Bergsman
Shadow Name: Mab
Concept: Technomancer (E-scapist)
Metatype: Human (female)

Background: Until age 17, Jessica was your fairly average, normal kid of a mid-level corp family. Comfortable, but nothing fancy or special. She was put in an advanced study program because of her natural intellect and talents, but turned towards computers and machines, rather than awakening as her family teachers had hoped. By age 13, she was regularly spending most of her free time online, playing various games. At sixteen, she and her boyfriend were online, working on a quest in their current game of choice when the Crash hit. Jessica woke up 2 days later in the hospital, but Timothy, her boyfriend, never did.

Jessica ranged between depression and denial for months, and after the matrix recovered and got running again, she'd spend hours online, looking for him, sure he was there somewhere. Because of her habits, nobody really noticed when she started emerging - she spent so much time in VR, and when she was in the real world, she was distracted and didn't really pay attention to her surroundings. The doctors told her parents that this was fairly normal behavior in somebody who had recently suffered a major loss, and recommended that she attend counseling to help her deal with it. So she started being taken to twice weekly sessions with a middle-aged elf who didn't really understand modern youth, or do any more than he had to in the Matrix. So when Jess found Tim again, waiting for her one day when she logged on at home, nobody believed her. Her counselor told her parents that her denial was getting worse, and that in this condition, she could be a danger to herself or others, and they had her sent to the psychiatric ward in the Seattle general hospital.

The first two days in the psych ward were the worse of Jessica's life - no personal effects were allowed on the ward, and there were no public terminals - outside contact was limited to supervised videophone calls. She burned with the need to get back online and talk to Tim again, and the Resonance which had been slowly building in her, unnoticed, came forth and she Emerged. With a click, she connected to the node that ran the peripherals in her room; virtually unfirewalled since nobody in the ward had access to a commlink, and the ward itself was isolated from outside wireless access (and Technomancers weren't yet common knowledge). Rejoicing in her new-found talents, she ran and played inside the hospital's network, delving into secure medical data files, and discovering the controls that would let her operate the doors and lifts between her room and the exit. She could not, however, escape from the hospital's network into the Matrix at large - due to the nature of the data stored in the hospital's system, the access was well firewalled and guarded by IC, and she couldn't risk trying to get through.

And so, a week and a half after being checked into the hospital, all her preparations were complete. In the middle of the night, she simply got up, and walked out, retrieving her clothing from the laundry room, and took with her a data chip containing copies of all the hospital's files on medical experimentation, drugs, and procedures - something to sell to start her independent life, since she couldn't run away from the hospital just to go back to her parents' house.

In the seven years since then, she has trained herself as a hacker, and does odd jobs to keep the landlord off her back when she isn't fighting back at the system that almost condemned her to an insane asylum for being different. She lives with the e-ghost AI which was her boyfriend, and disguises herself as a fairy while online, taking the name Mab - the fabled queen of the "unseelie," or evil fairies.
Back to top Go down
Jondera
Runner
Runner
Jondera

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death Ad   Liberty or Death Ad EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 12:20 pm

Back to top Go down
Bear
Runner
Runner
Bear

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death Ad   Liberty or Death Ad EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 4:23 pm

Back to top Go down
SwimmingEagle
Runner
Runner
SwimmingEagle

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2010-03-22

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death Ad   Liberty or Death Ad EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 10:01 pm

I got a Mage for the for the cause.
His name is Bishop. He's a preist who works for the Rippoff Church, a International Smuggling ring under the auspises of the church. They still offer Confessions, even better since the confessonal has an open bar. Throughout his carrier, he found the Evils of Corperations paramount, leading many to sin. Now beilveing that god needs a little help turning people towards the rightious path. Currently he lives with his sister a down on her luck Steampunk fasion designer, Megan, and his Saint Bernard Jody. Also he's Lutheran, despite working for Catholics.
http://www.shadowrunonlinepbp.com/characters-f10/swimmingeagle-s-characters-t298.htm (second one down.)
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Radek
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death Ad   Liberty or Death Ad EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 10:19 pm

Oh, fine! I give! I'll throw in with a street sam.

So, any objections to me getting an Minigun? Specifically, an Ingram White Knight Minigun?
Back to top Go down
outpost_2
Team Leader
Team Leader
outpost_2

Number of posts : 277

Character sheet
Character Name: Clinton Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death Ad   Liberty or Death Ad EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 2:55 am

http://www.shadowrunonlinepbp.com/characters-f10/outpost_2-characters-t323.htm

Samuel Elliott is the name of my runner he should be the second character there. im still fleshing out his character (sorry work is giving us retarded hours and the making us show up early so i get like an hour at home to eat before i need to go to bed so i squeeze a little in at a time)
Back to top Go down
Bear
Runner
Runner
Bear

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death Ad   Liberty or Death Ad EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 7:08 am

outpost. Samuel has pistols 3 and firearms 1. You can't have a skill group and a separate skill in that skill group at chargen. You have to wait till you get some karma to break skill groups
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death Ad   Liberty or Death Ad EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 5:36 pm

No objections to a mini-gun. Bear, background approved. I'll send each of you a private message after I review your characters, in regards to balance and any concerns I have. Feel free to do the same to me.
Back to top Go down
Bear
Runner
Runner
Bear

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death Ad   Liberty or Death Ad EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 5:41 pm

Where are our game threads!
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death Ad   Liberty or Death Ad EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 9:11 am

Back to top Go down
SwimmingEagle
Runner
Runner
SwimmingEagle

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death Ad   Liberty or Death Ad EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 9:58 am

Vanya's Devil wrote:
Hansel/Gretal: http://www.shadowrunonlinepbp.com/characters-f10/vanya-s-devil-s-characters-t311.htm#8645

Rocking that Black Lagoon i see.
one question... Have they been to Roanapur? In the south china sea?
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death Ad   Liberty or Death Ad EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 10:05 am

Yes. Basically, it's Gretel if she didn't die on the pier.
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death Ad   Liberty or Death Ad EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 10:44 am

Hansel/Gretel updated with background and a few edits, including marking which implants are alphaware.
Back to top Go down
SwimmingEagle
Runner
Runner
SwimmingEagle

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death Ad   Liberty or Death Ad EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 1:29 pm

hey, Bishop helps run an orphanage provided by the church. Maybe Gretel could be staying there.
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death Ad   Liberty or Death Ad EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 1:46 pm

And bam! Character is up, and background posted: https://shadowrunonline.rpg-board.net/characters-f10/durandana-s-characters-t273.htm#8636

I'm not sure on the details of our anarchist group, so I couldn't really fill in that part of his story... just kinda used a placeholder. The rest is good though. Cool
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death Ad   Liberty or Death Ad EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 12:31 pm

Recruitment is closed. Threads will be opening soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Liberty or Death Ad   Liberty or Death Ad Empty

Back to top Go down

Liberty or Death Ad
Page 1 of 1