Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeLoose Ends OOC - Page 4 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Loose Ends OOC

Go down 
+5
Azonalanthious
Vanya's Devil
Digital Doom
outpost_2
Dura
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Number of posts : 661
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Radek
Race: Human
Sex: Male

Loose Ends OOC - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 5:46 pm

Kit, having heard the address, projects there, keeping his distance and keeping an eye out for watcher spirits.
Perception: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2467057/
3 hits.
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 6:56 pm

Kit projects himself near address given, but is confused at first. It appears the map given to the group was inaccurate: east on the layout is actually north in real life. Odd, but Kit quickly figures it out. He manages to stay out of sight to survey the surrounding area without getting within line of sight of the target building. To the north (real life north) is a street running west to east before curving to the southeast. There's a highway immediately north of the road running parallel to it. To the east of the target building is a parking lot framed on two sides by the curving road to the north/east. To the south is a long strip mall, and across a small road to the west is an apartment complex.

Kit doesn't notice any dual-natured beings on his pass, but he does see a small flare of magical activity outside one of the stores in the strip mall. It's very small and quickly over. He also spots a faint, shimmering barrier around the apartment building, barely detectable as though it has been intentionally camouflaged.
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 7:10 pm

Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 7:13 pm

The barrier is magical in nature, surrounds the whole complex, obviously artificial (not a natural phenomenon), and designed to be discreet.
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 7:20 pm

Kit finds a convenient wall that overlooks the store with the flash and puts his entire body inside of it, poking out only his eye to see if he could find the source of the flash.
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 7:23 pm

The flash originated from a person walking outside the store, on the opposite side of the strip mall from the target building, in the strip mall's parking lot.
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 7:31 pm

Assense the guy with edge: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2467116/
4 hits.
1 Th e general state of the subject’s health (healthy, injured,
ill, etc.).
Th e subject’s general emotional state or impression
(happy, sad, angry).
Whether the subject is mundane or Awakened.
2 Th e presence and location of cyberware implants.
Th e class of a magical subject (fi re elemental, manipulation
spell, power focus, and so on).
If you have seen the subject’s aura before, you may
recognize it, regardless of physical disguises or alterations.
3 Th e presence and location of alphaware cyber-implants.
Whether the subject’s Essence and Magic are higher,
lower, or equal to your own.
Whether the subject’s Force is higher, lower, or equal
to your Magic.
A general diganosis for any maladies (diseases or
toxins) the subject suff ers.
Any astral signatures present on the subject.
4 Th e presence and location of bioware implants and
betaware cyber-implants.
Th e exact Essence, Magic and Force of the subject.
An accurate diagnosis of any disease or toxins which
affl ict the subject.
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 7:41 pm

The woman walking in the parking lot is healthy, though tired. She is feeling drained but is starting to relax. She is Awakened, has no implants, Essence 6, and Magic 2. She is currently "afflicted" with low levels of nicotine and THC in her bloodstream.
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 7:51 pm

Assense the area where the flash was:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2467127/
3 hits!
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 7:53 pm

Kit can tell it was a very low-power spell, cast by the woman he just assensed who is walking away from the spot where the spell was cast.
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 8:13 pm

Kit is now officially annoyed. He flits into the highway from beneath and, all but his eyes inside the concrete, spies upon the target building.
Perception Roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2468680/
2 hits.
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 11:50 am

Woops, sorry. I forgot about the astral shenanigans.

Kit notices a spirit patrolling around the warehouse, staying close to the building and about ten feet off the ground. It emerges from the building on the front (i.e. east side) of the building, floats around to the north side, and then disappears again into the west wall, just to reappear in a few minutes on the east side again. Kit can tell it is a watcher spirit, and he does not notice any astral barriers surroundings the building.
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 7:22 am

Any particular roll needed to see what Hork can pull up, or do I leave that to you, Duran?
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 8:13 am

After two hours, Bruddah gets a short message from Hork:

"Tried finding more bout this building, know a guy works in the area. Turns out, bad idea. Ran into some Knights, sent drones chasin me and I got away but now I'm holed up. Any help make me very happy but I know you have work. Send you message after getting safe or things get worse.

-Brother"

(Sorry, 0 hits first roll, critical glitch second roll Shocked)
Back to top Go down
Jondera
Runner
Runner
Jondera

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 10:36 am

I just realized that there's a bit of a formatting issue... Namely, we're all using different formats to indicate speech and other things (like comm messages and thoughts). I realize that it's not hard to figure out, but perhaps for ease of reading, we should work out some kind of standard format?

I've been using [b] to indicate speech, because that's what I'm used to (it's the standard on my other PbP site). Likewise, I would normally use [i] to indicate thoughts, although it's also used to stress words within speech (although the difference between the two is generally obvious).
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 11:07 am

Actually, I kind of like them being in different formats. It makes it really obvious who's posting and gives each character a kind of signature feel.
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 11:53 am

I ditto Vanya's comment, with a slight addenum. Worrying about format is just going to slow everything down and complicate what is, technically, an OOC process. What color you make the words or what format you put them in has absolutely no effect on the IC things you're attempting to do.
Back to top Go down
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 3:09 pm

I tend to use cyan for speech, simply because that was the standard color in a pbp I played in that ran for almost 4 years. Hard habit to break after that long. Wink As for format, as long as its clear what a person is posting, I'm fine with things being non-standard. Though on a purely personal level, I will say I don't like it when people use blue, dark blue, or indigo just because I find then a pain to read against the black background. But I can (and generally do) find that easy to solve just by highlighting the post.
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 5:12 pm

Just outside of the boat, Kit summons a watcher spirit:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2470878/
3 hits on Summoning: get watcher for three hours.
2 hits on Drain Test: no drain

He commands the watcher to use the Search power to track down the man who was spying on Arpey, then go to Flik's and wait for me there.

Kit then finds somewhere secluded and transforms into an American Kestrel (Force 4):
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2470883/
4 Hits: New stats are Body 6, Agility 9, Reaction 7, Strength 6, Initiative 14, IPs: 4
5 Hits: No drain.
Sustained on Focus.
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 5:53 am

Hey! My daughter decided it'd be a great day to use my laptop as a trampolene. Yay for fun! Boo for half a busted screen. I can still see -most- of a post, but the random lines and 'dead spaces' are slowly crawling across. If they make it to the other end of my screen, I won't see anything at all.

Yay!

Just a heads up.
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:35 am

Ouch. Why did she jump on you're computer? Was it on the bed or something?
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:48 am

Nope. I put it on the floor next to my La-Z-Boy while I went to the bathroom. She climbed onto the chair, and was busy jumping off over and over again. I came back to the room just in time to hear a 'crunch'. Razz

Know if it's even viable to try and replace a laptop monitor?
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:53 am

Back to top Go down
Jondera
Runner
Runner
Jondera

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 9:34 am

Depending on the laptop, it might be possible to hook up a monitor to it. I'm doing that with mine, which got dropped. It makes the laptop a little less mobile, but with a flatscreen monitor and a plug-bar, you can still set up most anywhere you can find a table and an electrical outlet. Some laptops might not have the right port (most do, I think), or the right software to autoplay the monitor, but the only way to find out is to plug one in and check.
Back to top Go down
Vanya's Devil
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 10:01 am

Pretty much all laptops have a video out. Just make sure that your connector has the right plug for each end. There are a LOT of different formats, from VGA to DVI, so if you're laptop and monitor have different ports, you're gonna need a converter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loose Ends OOC   Loose Ends OOC - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Loose Ends OOC
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next