Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeCustom cyborg/walker drone SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Custom cyborg/walker drone

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lugh Lamfhada

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-09-10

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Custom cyborg/walker drone Empty
PostSubject: Custom cyborg/walker drone   Custom cyborg/walker drone EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 5:53 pm

So I was making a AI character and I wanted it to have a humanoid walker drone. The only decent ones are the Mitsuhama otomo and akiyama but their availability are both R24 and so unobtainable for a new character. So I figured I'd do a Frankenstein and throw together some cyberware. First question is, is this rules legal? If yes, the second is, would this construction work?

cyberarm[Str R3 enh, Agi R4 enh, Bod R4 enh, Arm R2 enh]x2 36,300;
cyberleg[Str R4 enh, Agi R4 enh, Bod R4 enh, Arm R2 enh]x2 36,800;
cybertorso[Agi R2 enh, Bod R4 enh, Arm R2 enh] 21,900;
cyberskull[Arm R1 enh, comlink{Fairlight caliban, neotech navi}] 28,800;
cybereyes [smartlink, thermographic vision, vision magnification, R3 vision enhancement] 9000;
cyberears[R3 audio enhancement, R4 sound filter, spatial recognizer] 10,250;
voice modulator 7500;
datajack 500;
rigger adaptation 2500;
R4 concealed armor 4000;
satellite communication 500;
touch sensors 3000;
chameleon coating 6000;
NeoNET office genie 15,000
182,050 total

Averages out to a drone with the following:
 Handl- 0
 Accl- 5/15
 Speed- 30
 Pilot- 3
 Body- 6
 Arm- 6
 Sens- 4
 Cost- 182,050
Std. Upgrades- walker mode, 2 mechanical arms, cyborg adaptation(equivalent)
Upgrades- rigger adaptation, R4 concealed armor, satellite communication, touch sensors, chameleon coating
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Custom cyborg/walker drone   Custom cyborg/walker drone EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 6:40 pm

I don't think that's legal according to the rules. I mean, the book says that a cyberskull and –torso are just shells rather than full replacements.

There'd have to be stuff inside of it, you'd have to put a computer in it, and it needs a power source since it can't run off the body's bio-electricity, probably other stuff too, I dunno.

I had the same problem in a previous game, and the conclusion we came to is that the reason those cost so much and have such high availability (not that we used availability but oh well) was because of the cyborg adaptation, which is like solution me and my GM came up with is just to use the stats from one of the drones and adjust it for removing the cyborg adaptation. I don't remember what final amount we decided on, but it's definitely a lot more agreeable once you remove the CCU thingy.
Back to top Go down
Bear
Runner
Runner
Bear

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2010-03-05

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Custom cyborg/walker drone   Custom cyborg/walker drone EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 7:09 pm

Indeed. I am not seeing why you need the CCU for an AI character. There is no physical brain to store.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

PostSubject: Re: Custom cyborg/walker drone   Custom cyborg/walker drone EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 9:38 pm

But you do need some sort of power source.
Back to top Go down
Lugh Lamfhada

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Custom cyborg/walker drone   Custom cyborg/walker drone EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 11:58 pm

The cpu is covered; if the nexus won't do the trick I don't know what will. And it doesn't have the cyborg adaptation upgrade so that's not an issue. The cybertorso and skull are indeed shells, but I was given to understand that they were skeletal/muscluar replacements that protected the organs. Not an issue when you don't have any organs to protect.
The sticking point is the fuel source. An additional fuel tank costs 1000 nuyen according to Arsenal, so would that be the cost for a primary tank as well?
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

PostSubject: Re: Custom cyborg/walker drone   Custom cyborg/walker drone EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 11:59 pm

Cyberlimbs run off of the bio-electric of the body, not an actual fuel source, at least that is my understanding.
Back to top Go down
Lugh Lamfhada

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Custom cyborg/walker drone   Custom cyborg/walker drone EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 12:12 pm

So the fuel source has to be some sort of battery. That doesn't seem so hard.
Back to top Go down
Bear
Runner
Runner
Bear

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2010-03-05

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Custom cyborg/walker drone   Custom cyborg/walker drone EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 1:37 pm

Lugh Lamfhada wrote:
So the fuel source has to be some sort of battery. That doesn't seem so hard.
By RAW it doesn't work. I could see a GM allowing it though. It's not like the drone you are getting is all that great, and you did just blow almost 200,000 nuyen on it.
Back to top Go down
Ou!!!
Meat
Meat
Ou!!!

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-01-18

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: If it was me.   Custom cyborg/walker drone EmptyFri May 21, 2010 11:13 am

IF it was me I would start with a off the self drone, modify it, and search in game for the top of the line model. As an AI character if you need an in game reason for running in a RC car or some such, and want to hide being an AI "I am a hacker with a total emmersion lifestyle."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom cyborg/walker drone   Custom cyborg/walker drone Empty

Back to top Go down

Custom cyborg/walker drone
Page 1 of 1