Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeCustom Cybernetic Limbs questions SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Custom Cybernetic Limbs questions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ironwolf1974

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-08-25

Custom Cybernetic Limbs questions Empty
PostSubject: Custom Cybernetic Limbs questions   Custom Cybernetic Limbs questions EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 7:52 am

Ok so I want to make a Dues Ex type runner with obvious cyberlegs and arms. Soooo many questions about this.

Do I need a cybertorso also? What does a cybertorso do for you? Does it reduce essence costs of the limbs attached? What does it hold if anything?

A cyberskull the same thing, does it hold eyes and ears without essence costs?

When it says you can start the custom limbs out with higher then 3 attributes does it mean, higher then what the character has? Lets say I make the guy with 4 Body, 4 Agi, 3 Str. The beginning limb is maxed out at that? Or I can start with, per the 12 restriction availablity number, 8 more points then the original limb, aka 4 Body, 6 Str, 6 Agi limb. Then using the mod rules raise that to 6 body, 9 str, 9 Agi with 2pts of armor?

Its all a bit confusing.

Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2011-03-07

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Custom Cybernetic Limbs questions   Custom Cybernetic Limbs questions EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 8:07 am

right so lemme sum it up for you...first off the cyber torso gives you +1 hit box like any other "full" cyber limb...second it also enables you to "boost" your cyberlimb past the "off the shelf" rating 3 in body,agility and strength with cyber augmentations.Also if you get any upgrades that in your chest 9(such as internal air tank) it does "not" cost you essense but capacity from your cyber torso..same things go for limbs..if you want a cyber blade implant without the cyberarm its gonna cost you essense..."with" the cyberarm it cost you capacity

The Skull as im aware only gives you +1 hit box

Standard Limb Vs Customized limb...Basically they both start at rating 3 in body,agility and strength...both can use cyber augmentation to raise those stats up as long as you dont exceed capacity and respect avaibility (ex: a standard cyber arm has capacity 16 a Body upgrade of 4 is avaibility 12 so you cant go pass that at creation will take your body "INTO THAT ARM ONLY" to 7 and cost you "X" capacity) However a customized cyberlimb can be upgraded pass the standard rating 3 to up your natural ability for 1500 nuyen per change...(ex: you have body 5 agility 6 and strength 4..youll need to pay 2x 1500 for the body 3x for the agility and 1x for the strength)..you dont have to fully upgrade them tho but you cant go pass your natural a stats. This allow you to have a body 5 agility 6 and strength 4 wich can still be upgraded with cyber augmentations....customized cyber limb basically take you off the shelf cyber arm..boost it to you natural stats for money only..costing you no essense or capacity...wich allows you to have very powerful cyber limbs (ex: you take your body 5 agility 6 and strength 4 cyberlimb and put +4 body +4 agility and +4 strength cyberaugmentations in it giving you a Body 9 Agility 10 Strength 8 cyberarm...as the "standard cyber arm" canno go pass 7 with cyber augmentation at the start caust all the stats in it are rank 3
Back to top Go down
PresentPresence
Team Leader
Team Leader
PresentPresence

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2010-07-31

Character sheet
Character Name: яөъөсөр
Race: Human After All
Sex: French

PostSubject: Re: Custom Cybernetic Limbs questions   Custom Cybernetic Limbs questions EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 10:02 am

It's a little confusing, but you get the hang of it.
First off, all cyberlimbs (the skull and the torso are also considered cyberlimbs, even though they are only shells) having starting attributes of 3/3/3 for Strength, Agility, and Body (the average human's attributes).
There are two ways to increase these attributes: by purchasing a customized cyberlimb and by purchasing cyberlimb enhancements.
1. Customizing a c-limb allows you to increase a c-limb's attributes up to your natural maximum (For humans, it's 6/6/6 for STR, AGI, and BOD) at the cost of increased availability (+1 for each attribute increase) and nuyen (+1,500 for each attribute increase). However, these upgrades do not cost capacity.
2. Enhancing a c-limb allows you to increase a c-limb's attributes up to your augmented maximum (For humans, it's 9/9/9 for STR, AGI, and BOD) at the cost of capacity (x rating) and nuyen (rating x 200 for BOD, x 250 for AGI and STR). However, while enhancements can have a rating of up to 7, they have an availability of rating x 3, meaning Rating 4 is the most a starting character can have. Also, if a cybertorso is not installed, the maximum rating an enhancement may have is 3. Note that the Armor enhancement has a capacity cost of rating x 2, a nuyen cost of rating x 300, and an availability of rating x 5.

Cyberlimbs have capacity, and different limbs have a different amount. Synthetic limbs have less capacity than obvious limbs.

All cyberlimbs add one box to the Physical Condition Monitor and all cyberlimbs have an Unarmed Damage Value of (STR/2)P (metal headbutt!). Note however that cyberlimbs, and all implants, cause a negative dice pool monitor to First Aid tests, and may also cause a negative dice pool modifier to a caster's in the form of highly technological Object Resistance.

EDIT:
Here's some straight examples:
"Da Best" (This set up is for humans without cybertorsos that want more Agility and Strength than Body.)

Obvious Cyberarm [Av. 4; Y15,000; Capacity 15; Ess. 1] (The cyberleg has the same availabilty, nuyen cost, and Essence cost, but has 20 capacity.)
+Custom Agility 6 [Av. +3; Y4,500]
+Custom Strength 6 [Av. +3; Y4,500]
+Custom Body 5 [Av. +2; Y3,000]
Total: [Av. 12; Y27,000]
+Enhanced Agility R3 [Av. 9R; Y750; 3 Slots]
+Enhanced Strength R3 [Av. 9R; Y750; 3 Slots]
+Enhanced Body R3 [Av. 9R; Y600; 3 Slots] (Why is Body cheaper? The world may never know.)
+Enhanced Armor R2 [Av. 10; Y600; 3 Slots] (2/2 armor that doesn't count towards encumbrance? For Y600? CHA-CHING!)
Grand Total: [Y29,700; 2 Slots remaining]

(Humans with a cybertorso can save themselves 2,500 by taking a c-limb with only customized 5/5/5 and enhanced 4/4/3, at the cost of 2 slots.)

The other metatypes may have limbs that are slightly different. Elves, for example, have an increased AGI maximum, so they could have a limb with custom 7 AGI/5 STR/5 BOD and enhanced to 10/8/8, and Trolls might have one with custom 4 AGI/7 STR/5 BOD and enhanced to 7/10/8. Trolls with a cybertorso in particular can have some massive STR and BOD attributes outside of chargen with a custom 5 AGI/10 STR/10 BOD limb enhanced to 7/15/15! Trog the Street Samurai now deals 12P with his trusty nodachi, and didn't even need Dikote to do it, and with his long arms and long blade, he gets a reach modifier of +3! Take that you stubby-armed dandelion eaters! And while you're at it, throw in an Evo Kali for both arms and you can add to his otherwise lacking dicepool from low Agility. Of course, that c-limb has some serious availability issues (24 for the custom optimized limb and 15R for the higher rated enhancements) and would cost 46,750 nuyen.

Hope that cleared some things up for you.
Back to top Go down
Ironwolf1974

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Custom Cybernetic Limbs questions   Custom Cybernetic Limbs questions EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 3:27 am

Im starting to understand.

I take the customized limb for my human, who doesnt want a cybertorso, and I can buy the limb at character creation for basically 8 extra total stat points for a total availability of 12. That would be something like:

Custom Obvious Cyberarm - Base Bod 5, Str 6, Agi 6 - Pay 8x1500 for enhance, 15000 for limb - THEN I can do the cyberarm enhancements. Now I can add up to 4 pts of abilities because there availability is 3x rating wanted. But cant go past racial max - so I do Bod 9, Str 9, Agi 9 which would be 10 slots, and then armor 2 to fill out the slots available.

I can do that for all my limbs, legs and arms that I want - But it would be expensive.

Am I right or wrong here?
Back to top Go down
PresentPresence
Team Leader
Team Leader
PresentPresence

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2010-07-31

Character sheet
Character Name: яөъөсөр
Race: Human After All
Sex: French

PostSubject: Re: Custom Cybernetic Limbs questions   Custom Cybernetic Limbs questions EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 11:34 am

Without a cybertorso, the highest rated enhancement (not customization) you can get is three.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom Cybernetic Limbs questions   Custom Cybernetic Limbs questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Custom Cybernetic Limbs questions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadowrun Online :: Library :: Archives :: Archives - :: Questions and Answers-
Jump to: