Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeParliament of Thieves - Page 4 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Parliament of Thieves

Go down 
+3
Ghostmaker
taniwhaiti
Stubbspks
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Stubbspks
Team Leader
Team Leader

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Character sheet
Character Name: Yiska Keme
Race: Dwarf
Sex: Male

Parliament of Thieves - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 2:45 am

((Yup, get those initiatives in))
Back to top Go down
http://www.stubbspks.com
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 6:44 am

Auril chuckled, and drew Iceblade's katana as she slid off his bike. Oh, this was going to be fun! It had been so long since Iceblade had brought her out to play. "Do you wanna play a game with me?" Her icy features showed through Iceblade's, as the air around her grew steadily colder. She couldn't see how Frozen Wind looked in the AR, but she'd heard Iceblade describe it often enough, and knew how to use such theatricality to her advantage.

----
Initiative: 12d6.hits(5)=5
Gives the spirit Initiative 17, with two passes.
----
Back to top Go down
rntrndrw
Meat
Meat
rntrndrw

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-12-19

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 9:10 am

Hoshi jumps off his bike at the first sign of trouble, and quickly ducks behind the nearest vehicle stuck in traffic.
Finally some action!

Initiative: Reaction 5 + Intuition 3 = 8

Rolls: 8d6 → [3,3,4,5,6,6,4,1] 3 hits?

(ooc: is that right?)

Over the subvocal mic he shouts "CHECK THOSE CORNERS!"
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Number of posts : 427
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Character sheet
Character Name: Haruki 'Tora' Tokugawa
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 9:21 am

(OCC: Yeah but now you add your hits (3) to your Reaction and Intuition (5 + 3). So 3 + 8 = 13. So Hoshi's Initiative Score is 13.)
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama

PostSubject: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 10:23 am

Hasty cursed in Sprithiel errdish naku! under her breath she did not Psycometabolically increase her speed. For once she had held and look what it got her.

initiative: reac 7, int 4, 11 dice 3 hits = 14

she was like last to act on her scale to slow and now she was pisst!

Last edited by Ghostmaker on Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Paradox
Runner
Runner
Paradox

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2009-12-25

Character sheet
Character Name: Blake
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 10:52 am

taniwhaiti wrote:
(OCC: Yeah but now you add your hits (3) to your Reaction and Intuition (5 + 3). So 3 + 8 = 13. So Hoshi's Initiative Score is 13.)

(OOC: I think 3 + 8 = 11...) Smile
Back to top Go down
Stubbspks
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 12:02 pm

The human that exited from the back of the car behind you stands calmly behind his thugs, his jacket billowing in the slight breeze allowing the sun to catch hit Sliverguns and make them sparkle.

(English) "Come now, is this what you want? Here, in front of all these... witnesses? Put the gear away and let's talk like civilized people. You have something we want, and I'm sure we have something you could use."

Although he is speaking English, the man speaks with a mild Japanese accent.

As he finishes his sentence, the large troll chuckles. Looking over toward the other group, the man speaks again, (Japanese) "Peng, you stay out of this!"

The man re-focuses his attention on the group, again speaking in English (English) "Well?"

((OOC: Ok guys, the initiative order is as follows:
Iceblade
Black Fox
Hasty
NPC
Hoshi
NPC
Blake

On we go!))
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 3:04 pm

Auril laughed. "Tell you what. We'll talk with whoever's still alive in five minutes." And then she rushed at the Troll's guards, swinging Iceblade's weapon through the air as she did so. As she moved, it became clear that the air around her was freezing slightly, as though an aura of cold was emanating from Iceblade's body. When the blade cut, it slashed through the air with a terrible force.

----
OOC: Attacking the troll's nearest guard with the katana. Damage is 11P cold damage, -half AP. Works against Impact armor.
17d6.hits(5)=7
----
Back to top Go down
Stubbspks
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 11:36 am

Iceblade practically glides toward the group of people standing in the doorway of the Mexican restaurant. His blade slicing through the air impacts the female human just above her shoulder and continues downward, slicing her lined coat to rags.

Her Ceska Black Scorpion falls to the ground with a loud clatter and she soon follows on top of it. Iceblade pulls his sword from the slumping mess and glares at the 3 remaining in the group.

((You scored 3 hits on your Willpower 4 + Charisma 4 Berserk test which means you don't go berserk.))

((Black Fox, you're up!))
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 8:21 pm

Black Fox (Initiative Pass 1 of 3):

FREE ACTION: Opens car door, gets out and kicks the door shut wth his foot.

SIMPLE ACTION 1: Fires both Colt Manhunter's at the sauntering adept.

SIMPLE ACTION 2: Sprints for the alleyway to the left of the Mexican restaurant for cover.

SIMPLE ACTION 1
Fire Weapon
Shot 1: Dice Pool Modifiers = +2 (+0 for Weapon Range, +2 for using a Smartlinked Weapon)
I roll Agility (5) and Firearms Skill Group (Pistols Improved Ability) 4 (6) and add +2 Dice Modifier
= (5 + 6) + 2 = 11 + 2 = 13 dice.
I roll: (1, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6, 6, 6, 6) = 6 hits.
A 6P attack (5P + 1P for EX Explosive rounds)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2365989/

Shot 2: Dice Pool Modifiers = +2 (+0 for Weapon Range, +2 for using a Smartlinked Weapon)
I roll Agility (5) and Firearms Skill Group (Pistols Improved Ability) 4 (6) and add +2 Dice Modifier
= (5 + 6) + 2 = 11 + 2 = 13 dice.
I roll: (1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 5, 5, 6, 6, 6) = 7 hits.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2365994/

SIMPLE ACTION 2
Sprint
As an Elf I can move 25m per turn. To sprint I must make a Running + Strength Test and each hit adds 2m to the Running Rate. Running is Athletics Skill Group.
I roll Athletics Skill Group (3) + Strength (4)
= 3 + 4 = 7 dice.
I roll: (1, 1, 2, 3, 6, 6, 6) = 3 hits.
A sprint of (+2m/hit) = 6m + 25m = 31m this turn.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2366023/

Thats me, done! Just awiting the results.
Back to top Go down
Paradox
Runner
Runner
Paradox

Character sheet

PostSubject: Checking some details   Parliament of Thieves - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 11:12 pm

taniwhaiti wrote:

FREE ACTION: Opens car door, gets out and kicks the door shut wth his foot.

(Isn't that three free actions? Also, pushing a button and turning a knob are listed as "Use Simple Object" Simple Action - SR4 core, p. 137.)

taniwhaiti wrote:

SIMPLE ACTION 1: Fires both Colt Manhunter's at the sauntering adept.
(Does that require a quick draw?)

taniwhaiti wrote:

SIMPLE ACTION 2: Sprints for the alleyway to the left of the Mexican restaurant for cover.
A sprint of (+2m/hit) = 6m + 25m = 31m this turn.

(That's 31m this turn, but 10m this initiative pass, right? I initially read 31m this initiative pass - talk about a new world record! 100m dash in 3s!!)

PS. Sorry - I'm bored, so I'm reading the rules again! Smile
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 12:07 am

Right - it would seem that we have a new GM! Shall I also critique your performance mcating?

Sheesh! (Maybe I should shoot Blake instead!)

1. Stubbs - I need a ruling about Mr Split Hairs here! Turning a car door handle - is it a free action? If I cannot exit a vehicle as per my earlier post with a free action then what the hell, I still shoot but this time I will shoot from the vehicle window. (I was actually trying to draw any fire that came from our assailants to minimise harm to the others in the vehicle however if any stray bullets should then hit Hasty and Blake who are in the car with me then so be it but then the blame for that clearly lies with the player not the character. Hasty - you might want to take this out on your friend Blake!

2. On the second point - If you were following the posts you would have seen that I already had the Colt Manhunters out as I drew them out of their holsters in an earlier post!

3. On the third point - If I manage 10m this turn then from the map I will make it into the alleyway anyway.

Lastly - someone give mcating a chew toy before he gets us all killed with his boredom rife!
Back to top Go down
Stubbspks
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 1:52 am

((Calm down ladies Smile The best place for something like that is in the OOC thread anyway. Good spot on the rules though. However, in the interest of not having everyone die here, I'll say getting out of your vehicle is a free action. I think you are probably right about it being a simple action, but I'm not a huge fan of that idea :-P))

The sound of your shots echoes through the streets as your bullets tear through the air straight for the adept. His head turns toward the sound and he moves just in time to avoid the first shot. Unfortunately for him, that puts him right in the way of the second. The bullet rips through his lined coat, a spray of blood paints the rear window of the Nightsky, and the adept staggers. You can almost hear his breaths gasping through the golfball sized hole in his chest. Miraculously, he doesn't fall to the ground, but he sure doesn't look like he could take another hit like that. I'm sure he's not pleased he tried to talk instead of shoot when he first approached Smile

((Hasty, you're up!))
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama

PostSubject: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 8:07 am

Hasty was sick she had not seen the blood but she heard the shots and her stomach dropped, however she had asked for some adventure and she was getting it in spades. She decided she was moving to slow so she increased her speed using her psycometabolism that they taught her at the institute.

Increase Reflexes Force 3 casting into my sustaining focus.

Spell casting: 4, Magic: 5, edge: 1, = 9 dice = 1hit darn it

Drain 3S

willpower 7, intuition 4, = 11 dice = 6 hits

no dmg
Back to top Go down
Stubbspks
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 5:17 am

The female Ork turns toward Iceblade and opens fire with her Ceska Black Scorpion. The machine pistol sprays 2 wide bursts toward the angered, spirit-possessed man.

In the first volley, a single bullet knicks Iceblade's shoulder, exploding on impact. ((You take 1P)).

The second volley, however, proves to be more painful for the recipient. 2 of the bullets explode upon impact with Iceblade's chest, charring his lined coat, and causing him to stumble slightly. That certainly didn't feel good. ((You take 4 P))

((You currently have a conditioner monitor of 12P because of your increased body score. It is down by 5P total now. Also, no berserk this time)).

The Troll laughs at this display and turns his attention toward Iceblade as well.

(English) "Guess you don't wanna talk then? So be it" He raises his hands and chants softly to himself. (English) "Don't worry boy, I'll get that demon out of ya!"

((4 net hits reduces the spirit's services to below 0, it will leave on it's next action))

The Troll grins a large, toothy grin and chuckles loudly. (English) "I wouldn't be trying that one again boy"

The Asian man that came from the passenger side of the Nightsky reaches into his black coat and pulls out a Ceska Black Scorpion. Leveling it at Hoshi, he squeezes the trigger sending off two bursts in his direction.

The first burst hits your armored vest and practically bounces off. ((You take 1S))

The second burst slams hard into your chest. Your armor manages to absorb all of the damage, but unfortunately the force of the blow knocks you off your feet ((Critical Glitch on your defense roll)).

The human male standing directly in front of the Troll slowly pulls an oriental sword from the sheathe hanging on his side. ((Anyone with knowledge of asian blades would know this is a Wakasashi - shorter than a Katana, but just as painful))

Once the blade is free, the man charges toward Hoshi, blade in the air and ready to strike. The sword comes down on you in a deadly arc, connecting with your right arm just below the protection of your armor vest. The wound stings, but is far from fatal ((You take 3P)).

((Hoshi, you sustained a total of 1S + 3P and are on the ground with a crazy Asian dude standing above you. It's now your turn.))

Last edited by Stubbspks on Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rntrndrw
Meat
Meat
rntrndrw

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-12-19

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 10:06 am

As the blade slices through his flesh, the only thing on hoshi's mind now is to bring pain to the sorry fools who messed with hoshi and his group.

Hoshi reaches up with his left arm and fires 2 rounds from his cybergun at the crazy asian man standing over him.

Agility 5 + Automatics 5 + 2 smartlinked waeapon = 12 dice.

Shot 1: 12d6 → [4,5,4,3,3,6,1,4,4,1,2,5] 3 hits.

Shot 2: 11d6 → [3,5,6,1,6,2,2,1,6,1,1] 4 hits.

Last edited by rntrndrw on Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stubbspks
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 6:22 pm

The first shot screams from the gun implanted in your arm and tears into the man's shoulder, knocking him backward into the second burst, which impacts him square in the chest. The man reels back, stumbling backward toward his allies.

The remaining two men by the Nightsky reach into their jackets and produce Ceska Black Scorpions. Both point their guns toward the car and appear to be waiting.

((Blake, on you go!))
Back to top Go down
Paradox
Runner
Runner
Paradox

Character sheet

PostSubject: Trouble - and in our road   Parliament of Thieves - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 8:55 pm

Blake's jaw drops as he sees Black Fox pull out his guns and yells "Let's go!"

His mind locks onto the thought, "What's he thinking, taking on superior numbers?" He watches, dumbstruck, as the action unfolds:

FLASH - Iceblade getting off his bike and engaging 4 bogeys in sword-to-gun combat

FLASH - Black Fox getting out of the car and racing into an alley

FLASH - Hoshi getting off his bike, only to get taken down and have a sword-wielding enemy looming over him

FLASH - Hasty breathing deeply with her eyes closed in the back seat

Blake looks down at the Pain Inducer on the seat next to him, and immediately discards the thought. His subconscious mind remembers the drumbeat of the officer combat school, "Keep the initiative to win the battle. If you can't keep initiative, disengage until you have tactical superiority." The team needs to take down a number of opponents quickly, or at least do something to disrupt or surprise several of them.

The angle for the flash-paks is all wrong; they're as likely to screw up Black Fox and Iceblade as they are to help them.

The immobile bikes behind the C-N Patrol are hemming him in and prevent him from maneuver.

Maneuver. Motion. Something in his mind clicks, and he remembers that he's driving a car. A.k.a. a moving shield, a.k.a. a heavy ram, a.k.a. a getaway vehicle.

Blake pushes the accelerator, controlling the lurching car with some difficulty. He spins the wheel hard right and narrowly misses the rear bumper of the truck in front of him. The front wheels bump up onto the sidewalk, and Blake fights hard to turn the wheel in time to miss the wall looming up quickly and bring the car parallel to the road on the sidewalk.

Seeing a free lane in front of him, Blake smiles and jabs the accelerator. But then he remembers the three envelopes. Two of them are at risk of being captured if he and Hasty leave the rest of the team behind. Blake slams on the brakes, bringing the car to a screeching stop next to the truck.

The overwhelming desire to escape the lunacy of the team wars with the need to complete the mission. Odds are against Hasty having the necessary envelope to complete the job.

"Iceblade, Hoshi, get out of here and safeguard the envelopes!" he says too loudly into the subvocal microphone at his throat.
Back to top Go down
Stubbspks
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:49 am

The two thugs that hesitated look to each other and then pivot around the car to get a better shot at the group. The first thug takes aim at the patrol car and unleashes two narrow bursts.

The bullets from the first burst explode as they hit the car. The explosive rounds pierce the body of the car as if it were paper. The last bullet of the volley takes out the back window with a loud *SMASH*. Broken glass showers those inside the car (luckily car window glass is laminated and so the glass isn't sharp enough to cut).

((The car take 9 boxes of damage out of it's 13)).

The second burst goes wide and misses the car completely.

The second thug levels his gun at Iceblade's back and squeezes off two bursts.

As the bullets crash into Iceblade's back, a blue light flashes around him and the bullets freeze in midair falling to the ground with a small clinking noise. He doesn't even flinch and the spirit inhabiting his body begins to laugh.

The Adept stumbles forward slightly ((Now he's in the position shown on the map)) He levels his Sliverguns at the Troll and shouts in Japanese (Japanese) "PENG, you ruined this deal for both of us! Die Triad scum!" He moves his aim slightly to the right and sends the mental command to fire both Sliverguns directly at the Asian Human that accompanied the large Troll who is apparently called Peng ((which you only know if you speak Japanese)).

The slivers of hot metal tear into the Human's right shoulder and face. With a sickening thud, the man hits the ground. Where his face used to be, remains only a tattered mess that not even family would be able to identify.

The adept turns his aim to the Ork female that came with Peng and releases another round of fire. It's like watching a sports clip in repeat when the slivers slam into the ork's body. Her right arms is ripped to shreds, and barely anything remains of her lined coat. She falls to the ground gasping for air and clutching the many small holes in her chest. Bloodi s rapidly pooling below her flailing body. She's not dead yet, but with that much blood she will be soon.

((Ok, Mirikon would be next but he used his action with a full dodge - I'll let you post about the spirit leaving your body))

((Black Fox, it would appear you have 2 Init Passes left, you're up... twice lol))
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 11:54 am

(OOC: Can you update our map for us then please Stubbs so I know what I am looking at? Thanks!)
Back to top Go down
Stubbspks
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 11:59 am

((The only update is that the ork female and the human male are on the ground. The ork female is to the left of the troll alive but bleeding out and the male is to the right by hoshi, dead))
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 12:29 pm

(OOC: Cool! I am looking at the map, Stubbs - so which thugs hosed my car?)
Back to top Go down
Stubbspks
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 12:34 pm

((The ones that all look the same Razz))
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 1:18 pm

Black Fox (Initiative Pass 2 of 3):

FREE ACTION: *subvocal - "Get your heads down!"

SIMPLE ACTION 1: Take Aim. (at the Troll)

SIMPLE ACTION 2: Fires both Colt Manhunter's at the Troll.

SIMPLE ACTION 1
Take Aim
+1 Dice Modifier

SIMPLE ACTION 2
Fire Weapon

Shot 1: Dice Pool Modifiers = 1 (Take Aim) + 2 (Smartlinked Weapon) = + 3 Dice Modifier.
I roll Agility (5) and Firearms Skill Group (Pistols Improved Ability) 4 (6) and add +3 Dice Modifier
= (5 + 6) + 3 = 11 + 3 = 14 dice.
I roll: (1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 6, 6, 6, 6) = 9 hits.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2371578/

Shot 2: Dice Pool Modifiers = 1 (Take Aim) + 2 (Smartlinked Weapon) = + 3 Dice Modifier.
I roll Agility (5) and Firearms Skill Group (Pistols Improved Ability) 4 (6) and add +3 Dice Modifier
= (5 + 6) + 3 = 11 + 3 = 14 dice.
I roll: (1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6, 6) = 4 hits.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2371585/

I will post Initiative Pass 3 once the results of Initiative Pass 2 are complete.
Back to top Go down
Stubbspks
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 1:27 pm

((A couple of things.

When shooting two weapons you split your pool between them before applying your modifiers (SR4, pg 141). This also negates any bonuses from using Smartlink.

Secondly, http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/570900/, you rolled the same number of dice a minute before the roll you linked and got 3 hits. Since no one is labelling their rolls in invisible castle as I have asked twice now, it looks like you simply didn't like your roll of 3 hits and decided to roll again.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Parliament of Thieves
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next