Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeParliament of Thieves - Page 3 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Parliament of Thieves

Go down 
+3
Ghostmaker
taniwhaiti
Stubbspks
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Stubbspks
Team Leader
Team Leader

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Character sheet
Character Name: Yiska Keme
Race: Dwarf
Sex: Male

Parliament of Thieves - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 1:14 am

In many parts of the tunnels, there is obvious Aztec style graffiti inscribed on the walls. Stalker explains to you that these tunnels were built by the Aztlan Government and he's heard stories that there are still some Atzlaner holdouts living in them. He's quick to mention that he's never run into any, but he's always on the lookout.

In the middle of his explanation, Stalker stop the lead car and throws open the driver's side door, his lined coat billowing open allowing him to pull out his Ares Predator IV.

Pointing the muzzle down the tunnel, he holds his fist in the air indicating to the group to hold position.

(English, Whispered) "Anyone else hear that?" whispers Stalker.

((Everyone please make perception tests. Hearing and visual))
Back to top Go down
http://www.stubbspks.com
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Number of posts : 427
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Character sheet
Character Name: Haruki 'Tora' Tokugawa
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 9:29 am

Black Fox rolls:

Perception (Visual) 3 (+2) and Intuition (3) = (3 + 2) + 3 = 5 + 3 = 8 dice

He rolls: (1, 1, 1, 2, 4, 5, 5, 5) = 4 hits

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2360464/

Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 9:37 am

"Used to do legit work, before the Crash. Been making do since then. Some friends helped me get out of Seattle, get a fresh start out here."

----
Hearing perception: 3d6.hits(5)=0
Visual Perception: 6d6.hits(5)=2
----

When Stalker called a halt, Iceblade scanned ahead, switching on the thermographics in his glasses. Still, he couldn't see much. A flick of his wrist brought a Sakura Fubuki to is hand. It was a vanity thing to see the icy mist falling off the gunbarrels. He'd spent a lot of time modifying the weapon, afterall.

"If something goes down, protect Stalker. We can't afford to get lost in these tunnels."
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama

PostSubject: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 10:23 am

Hasty switched her suit to stealth and threw up her concealment. she hugged the envelope by not to tight and took a look around her. she also listened

Perception 4 (Visual) + intuition 4 = 10 dice = 3 hits

Listen check

Perception 4 + intuition 4 = 8 dice = 2 hits glitch

She was so nervous her heart was pounding. Pounding so hard she could hear it. she looked around could anyone else hear her heart. (Ooc and ill let the gm take it from there darn glitch at least it was not crit right could be worse)
Back to top Go down
Paradox
Runner
Runner
Paradox

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2009-12-25

Character sheet
Character Name: Blake
Race: Human

PostSubject: Perception roll   Parliament of Thieves - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 10:43 am

Perception Roll

Perception 3 + Intuition 3
6d6.hits(5) → [3,1,5,1,5,6] = (3)
6d6.hits(5) → [3,6,5,4,1,5] = (3)

"I'll get Stalker to cover - you guys worry about killing bad guys." Blake gets out and quickly moves next to Stalker, whispering with an air of command: "Sir, I'm your assigned bodyguard. Please get back in your vehicle IMMEDIATELY."

Leadership Roll (convince Stalker to get back in the car quickly)

Leadership 4 + Charisma 6
10d6.hits(5) → [1,2,5,3,4,3,3,6,1,3] = (2)

Blake prepares a flash-pak in his right hand. "If I yell 'Cover!,' it means I'm throwing a flash-pak..."
Back to top Go down
Stubbspks
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 11:27 am

Stalker chuckles at Blake's insistence that he return to the vehicle.

(English) "I've forgotten more about running than you kids'll probably live to even learn."

With that, he twirls his Ares and re-holsters it. (English) "Guess it was my imagination. Saddle up kids, it's time to get this show back on the road!"

Stalker gets back into the car, shuts the door and slowly pulls ahead, making sure everyone is with him before returning to normal speed.
Back to top Go down
Paradox
Runner
Runner
Paradox

Character sheet

PostSubject: Persistence   Parliament of Thieves - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 11:36 am

(English) "Yes, sir," Blake says to Stalker in response to his comment about the team's experience. He's dealt with egos and "talent" in a bodyguard role before (Security Procedures 5, Etiquette 4). Stalker's attitude won't change Blake's responsibility or attitude one iota.

(Subvocalized)"Black Fox: You should take the passenger front seat of Stalker's vehicle."

Blake takes one more look up the tunnel, then gets into the back seat, driver's side, of Stalker's vehicle.

Last edited by mcating on Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stubbspks
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 11:59 am

Back in the vehicles and on the move, you decide now is probably a good time to set up the meet with Peaches.

You dial in her comm code, hoping for a more normal conversation this time.

The comm rings 3 or 4 times before being answered.

Peaches: "Hello?"

You: "Is this Peaches?"

Peaches: "Maybe, ya'll got some work fer me?" ((You notice a very distinct southern draw when she speaks))

You: "Maybe. I'm planning a visit to the CAS, and I've heard that you're the best person to speak to about that."

Peaches: "Well, I don' know about best, but ya'll have come to the right gal!" She giggles. "Meet me on the corner of Havana and 6th, I'll be waiting for ya's!" You can practically hear her smile through the commlink as she hangs out. Well, she was certainly way more chipper than ol' Stalker here you think as you grin to yourself.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 12:04 pm

Hasty decided not to come out of her concealment. and stealth
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 12:22 pm

Black Fox didn't even exit the vehicle but he climbs out at Blakes suggestion and gets into the front passegers seat next to Stalker without a word spoken.

*subvocalised - "Right - we need to keep our eyes peeled still and remember your vision is just that - visible! I have contacted Peaches and set up the meet. We just need to get our business completed and then move it on to the rest of our dough! Keep it tight!"
Back to top Go down
Stubbspks
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 1:01 pm

After driving through the tunnels for a couple more minutes you exit without any further interruptions. Finding yourselves in the CAS, you decide that your best bet is most likely a bee-line for the meetup point with Peaches. Punching the coords into your mapsoft, you bring up the most direct route. About halfway through the journey ((25 total minutes have passed since you left the Johnson)), you find yourself stuck in slow moving traffic. Drek! Traffic is always cropping up when you least desire it you can't help but find yourself thinking.

You open up another AR window on your comm in an impatient attempt to find a less congested route on the gridmap. That's when you notice a jet black Nightsky behind you. The doors open and 4 obviously Asian men in tres chic suits emerge from the back of he vehicle and begin walking directly toward your group.

As they approach, you notice the door of a Mexican restaraunt across the stree open. Another 4 Asians - a human woman, an ork woman, a male troll, and a human male sporting long goatee - also begin walking directly toward you. Seems the traffic isn't the most worrying thing on your mind anymore.

((Everyone please roll a straight perception + intuition test with no modifiers from gear or environment for me, and then take the RP from there Razz))
Back to top Go down
Paradox
Runner
Runner
Paradox

Character sheet

PostSubject: Perception roll   Parliament of Thieves - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 1:09 pm

(I threw in an Edge die, but no 6's. Poo!)

7d6.hits(5) → [3,5,2,1,5,4,2] = (2)
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 1:10 pm

Black Fox rolls:

Perception 3 (+2) + Intuition 3 = (3+2) + 3 = 5+ 3 = 8 dice

Black Fox rolls: (1, 1, 1, 4, 4, 5, 6) = 2 hits

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2360582/

Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 1:16 pm

Hasty's perception test:

Perception 4 + Intuition 4 = 3hits
Back to top Go down
Paradox
Runner
Runner
Paradox

Character sheet

PostSubject: Getting interesting   Parliament of Thieves - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 1:20 pm

Blake rapidly subvocalizes some observations. "One group has all male humans; the other has male and female metas. Might mean they represent two different parties. I don't like the odds of 8 against 5, 3 of whom are driving. No proof they're coming after us, or that they're on the same team, but I'd prefer to leave them in the dust. On foot and in a Nightsky, they can't keep up with us if we break through this logjam."

Blake starts looking for clean ways out of the jam: sidewalks, shoulders, alleys, etc., that they could get to. He has no compunction against getting Stalker to "nudge" other cars out of the way to get to a clear route.

"Hasty or Iceblade, can you tell anything about their intentions, casting or astral? We need data here!"

Last edited by mcating on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 1:27 pm

*subvocalise "OK! Here we go then - we have two groups either after the same thing or two opposing groups and we get caught in a crossfire. I do not think that we can outrun them given the size of our vehicle and the traffic. Thoughts? and be quick about it!"
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 1:36 pm

Black Fox draws his Colt Manhunters carefully and prepares for a signal from Blake.
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 2:24 pm

Iceblade slipped the pistol back into the slide, and took a breath. "Stay frosty, everyone. Not over 'till the fat lady sings."

As they pulled off again, he began breathing easier. The tunnels were certainly the easiest way to get across a border, if you knew what you were doing, but they also made great choke points. He'd be a lot happier when they were out in the open, and could have room to maneuver.

A thought occurred to him that, if they were going to do more work together, it might be a good investment to go in on a group vehicle. Something that they could take together, or load up with drones and weapons, to help out. A good combat drone could swing the odds in your favor real quick.

----
Crap. Glitched a perception check. That's why I bought gear to help out.
3d6.hits(5)=1
----

Then they went on, and found themselves in the middle of a hellacious traffic jam, and news came of a potential ambush. Just frickin' great. He reached under his coat, and held the hilt of his katana. "Give me a moment, and I'll call up someone who can do that better than I can."

Over the subvocal microphone, the team heard him mutter, "Come to me Auril, blade of the sea!"

----
Summoning test, Force 5: 9d6.hits(5)=5
Spirit's roll: 5d6.hits(5)=2
Spirit of Water summoned, Force 5 (Optional Power: Elemental Aura (Cold)). I get three services out of her.
Drain: 8d6.hits(5)=4
No drain.
----

Then Iceblade speaks again, but it isn't Iceblade. Iceblade doesn't giggle like that. "Oh hello dears. I'm just borrowing Iceblade for a bit. Don't worry, he can still hear what you're saying. But he's telling me you want some astral scans done."

----
Service 1: Assense the eight potential baddies, and determine if they're a threat.
Auril's Assensing: 10d6.hits(5)=4
----
Back to top Go down
Stubbspks
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 3:09 pm

As some of you draw weapons, the groups of approaching men take notice and their hands move toward their weapons, but they do not draw them... yet.

In the group of human males, one of the men stands behind the rest. He stands at 1.6 m in height and is a slender 55 kg. He wears his black hair parted to the side, and walks with a constant swagger. His two Sliverguns are positioned in shoulder holsters, but he leaves his jacket open, making no attempt to conceal them. He appears to be in his early to mid-twenties.

In the other group, the male troll stands behind the rest. He stands at 2.5 m tall and weighs in at about 305 kg. He dresses in a lined coat, which is heavily embroidered with Wuxing symbolism. His single horn juts from the right side of his head, and from the way it glistens, it’s clearly been waxed recently and well maintained. It’s pretty much impossible to estimate his age.
Back to top Go down
Paradox
Runner
Runner
Paradox

Character sheet

PostSubject: Let's get out of here...   Parliament of Thieves - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 3:26 pm

(Subvocal) "I can't imagine these guys being our friends at all. Seems like they want to talk, but if so, I think we should do it on our terms. Let's obviously drop a comm number out the window and get out of here. They can call us and tell us what they want."

Blake is clearly getting agitated about sitting in an immobile box and being approached by superior numbers with unknown intentions. He scribbles Black Fox's comm # onto a piece of paper with the message:

"Call if you want to talk."

He rolls down the window and waits for two things: Black Fox's approval to drop his commlink code to the bandits (it could become compromised!), and Hoshi's and Iceblade's decision on whether to get the drek out of here.

"C'mon, guys, let's move before this gets worse..."

"And how did they know where to find us?!?!?"
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 4:09 pm

'Iceblade' speaks again. "Well, the big troll is a magician, though not as powerful as Iceblade, and the guy with the two sliverguns is an adept. Rest of them are mundane, and none of them have any kind of modifications. We could run, but I don't think we can outrun spells in this traffic. While I'm here, I grant Iceblade a measure of protection. His sword will also cut deeper, strike harder. But Iceblade says we'll go along with what the group decides, though the Shark in him will be itching to fight if things start up."
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 4:16 pm

This is hasty hey is this thing on hey I'm duck down in the back seat if you bolt tell me first. also if there's a spellslinger among them we can bolt but stay low and move fast he cant target you if he cant see you scan me. i can't really protect u against a full magician as I'm not a mage. But i don't think they'll catch us you know. Hasty Hugs the envelope and prepares to to bolt oh and somebody open the back window opposite the trouble! if i do it they'll see me.
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 7:35 pm

*subvocalise "OK guys - time to get this mess sorted or we will be straight into a real mess and blow this situation. They clearly are not here to have a cup of tea so we need to react first or risk surrendering. Ain't gonna happen!

I will take the sauntering adept then the others- Iceblade you take out that troll mage and put those horns on the ground then the others - Hoshi, Hasty and Blake take the others. Lets go guys 1 ... 2 ... 3 GO!"

On GO! Black Fox exits the vehicle with the Colt Manhunters primed and uses the rear of the vehicle as good cover and then fires both Colt Manhunters at the sauntering adept. Roll for initiative GM?
Back to top Go down
Paradox
Runner
Runner
Paradox

Character sheet

PostSubject: I guess we're in it...   Parliament of Thieves - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 8:50 pm

"Ah, drek," Blake mutters out loud as Black Fox starts counting down. He stabs the power window button to bring the rear window down for Hasty.

Initiative roll
Initiative = Reaction 3 + Intuition 3 = 6

6d6.hits(5) → [1,2,1,4,1,3] = (0)

Initiative score = 6

(OOC: Nice. Critical glitch on the first combat round of the game. Fortunately, I only have one Initiative pass/round, but it looks like I'm going last!)

Blake's eyes go wide as it becomes clear that Black Fox is going to attack the bandits.
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 1:59 am

Black Fox rolls his Initiative Test:

Reaction 5 (7) + Intuition 3 = 7 + 3 = 10 Dice

He rolls: (1, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 6) = 6 hits

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2361009/

This gives Black Fox an Initiative Score of 16 (10 + 6).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Parliament of Thieves
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next