Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeParliament of Thieves - Page 2 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Parliament of Thieves

Go down 
+3
Ghostmaker
taniwhaiti
Stubbspks
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
rntrndrw
Meat
Meat
rntrndrw

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-12-19

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Parliament of Thieves - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 7:18 am

Hmmmm, seems like negotians are at an end... an extra 300 nuyen isnt to bad.

Hoshi turns to the team, (Japanese) "Im gonna need those coyote contacts, no way im gonna get across the border without drawing attention."
He then turns to Blake, (Japanese) "I like the idea of multiple envelopes, that should throw off any pursurers. I dont have anything to add to the plan, and I dont have any contacts that could lend even a little help. But I am willing to run across the border like a chicken missing a head if it means you guys can get that package across."

Hoshi always completes a run. Even if it means sacrificing his life. He had nothing to live for anymore. His mind started to wander, he once had a lot to live for... but nows not the time to think about this, with only 2 hours to get this done they really need to get a move on.

He exits the room without saying anything to anybody and walks outside the bar. Waiting for the rest of the team, he leans agaisnt the side of the bar, near his bike, and lights up his ciggerette.

(OOC: Since I dont have much of a bio to go on with this guy, he has a lot of flashbacks which im gonna use to tell his backstory.)
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 7:37 am

Iceblade nodded his head. "I'm in."

Once the down payment had been received, and the Johnson had left, Iceblade turned to the others, and said, "I don't think splitting up is a good idea. Mr. J didn't say it, but he clearly expects there to be trouble en route, or he would have just sent some couriers to deliver the package. Let's all go to the coyotes. Getting through the borders may be quick with the guards trying to get everyone moving along, but the gridlock leading up to the crossings will eat valuable time. Time we can't afford to lose. The coyote is the quickest way, and we can go in force."

"I've got my Mirage, but if the rest of you don't have transport, this will make the crossings even more difficult. We can't make further plans now, until we can dig up more information about what possible threats we'll be facing. But we can do that while we're en route."

Iceblade stood, and looked to the others, "The deal with everyone taking different envelopes is fine, if we didn't expect trouble. But to get a group of runners this size together for a courier run means there's going to be trouble, and we don't have the time to plan routes where we can back eachother up if we run into a mess. So sticking together, where we'll have the most steel on hand, is the smart call. I don't know about you guys, but there's a limit on how many guys I can take on by myself, and still expect to be walking at the end of it. So we need to be smart about this, and keep together."
Back to top Go down
Stubbspks
Team Leader
Team Leader

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Character sheet
Character Name: Yiska Keme
Race: Dwarf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 9:36 am

Before you leave the room, Mr. Johnson quickly jots down the names and contact information for the two Coyotes that can help you cross the borders if you decide to use them. He also hands you a handwritten note to each coyote explaining that their fees will be covered by the Koshari.

(English) "Very well, good luck." Mr. Johnson stands from his cushion, bows slightly, and claps his hands.

The door swings slowly open and a man in a fairly expensive grey suit shows you to the club door.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stubbspks.com
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 11:09 am

She took the envelope, without even looking at the man handing it too her. A maleficent look on her face towards Blake. The letter touched her arm and she looked up to the man with the the mask and and realized something. We was paying her some respect hiring her, and she was not getting anywhere with that week display of her ability. So she stopped trying and took the envelope with both hands. The next time however... If he came out his face to her. She would have something much stronger, now that she knew he could take it. So she let it go. Nodding her acceptance of of the job and responsibility.

Black fox began talking she listened, and even started to calm down a little. There was truth in his words so she sat down. The envelope in her lap, and nodded her understanding to him. This was a job and until something happen. This is not fun time. She realized something. When he was talking these were Shadowrunners deep in the thick of it. She had been asking grump for a real show like this for some time. Now she was with them and needed to earn some respect. Getting them an extra 300 wasn't going to make them call her if they needed her again. But performing the mission well. Honey (she thought to herself) if your good enough boys will always call. (that's about when he's done talking and she nods and sits). The Johnson is led out by fox and she stares at the package. Holding back how happy she was now, and making herself look serious and calm.

The Johnson gone Blake starts to lay down his plans. it's a solid idea. Obvious he's been planning this whole time. He like to think she figured. Pixie he says and she looks up smiles. She was in the plan! But then she frowns. He called me pixie. Like as if she was off some assembly line. If only he knew she thought. She was nothing like the average pixie. Those tribal do gooder's wish they had the stuff she was made of inside them. With there totem magic and whatever. It dawned on her that he also had introduced himself. She had not given any one anything else to go on so. My name is Hasty she said nicely. And yes i can see the astral all pixies can, But im no magician. Ok? i mean iv been in looking in the astral for a while now, and i think our friend in the mask was a street shaman, or something to that effect, You know a shaman, but he dose not do the skins for clothes forget it (all one breath). She looks at the envelope one more time just to double check. Nope its mundane.

Hoshi put out his position flat in Japanese she could respect what he said. Then he left she wondered did he speak anything else it was cool though. Lets hope it dose not come to that. (In Japanese) to him as he left, or at least that's what she thought she said then he left.

Iceblade started to speak. He was very clear on why he thought splitting up was a bad idea. and she could get used to the swords how cool was he. She nodded but said nothing at first... Then spoke well i can probably put up a distraction at the boarder, well one boarder anyway. For a little while give you guys time to move through with the pagage without much problem. After all, all the eyes the will be on the little crying pixie girl who cant find her mommy and daddy. She giggles then when no one smiles she straitens up, and mumbles tuff crowed. My bow's on the way so we can stop and pick it up if that's ok. i Mean you guys are armed to the teeth. I got nothing and some one will have to get it across while i make a dramatic composition of myself.
She realized she was getting ahead of herself. No one said she should do that yet. So she added if you guys need me too...
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Number of posts : 427
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Character sheet
Character Name: Haruki 'Tora' Tokugawa

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 11:48 am

Black Fox feels a lot better about working with this team. It would seem that they are beginning to gel. His natural leadership skills along with his experiences have once again proved to be useful. Now to get down to business.

"People know me as Black Fox. I am a bit of a gunny. It's great that we are working as a team now. I have to agree with you my friend (ICEBLADE) and with you too (BLAKE). I think that we should leave the package with someone safe during travel. I think Hasty should carry it - after all - who is gonna mess with her magical type and ability. We must keep ourselves on the down low though Hasty. We cannot afford to attract attention at all. I am sure that we all agree that the coyotes are the better way to go. They know border crossings well and/or how to avoid them. Like I said they are smart and they know their biz and the area as they run it often. Can we meet back at a point in 10 minutes or so to grab any extra gear we need? I am a bit of a bennie in this town but I can find our next meet point. We need to take it easy and avoid attracting the bronze. When you decide on a meet point just send me a message." He gives the team an encouraging smile and then leaves.

Black Fox ensures that he gets all the contact details of the team and stores them in his comm. He then provides them with his before he leaves. Black Fox doesn't really know the area well but thanx to a number of applications avaiable on his commlink he is able to get around. He ensures that he is careful and watches for taggers and followers as he returns to his digs. He grabs his autopicker from home and heads off to the nearest supplier of quality sub-vocal microphones and picks up six for the team. He then heads off to the agreed meet point.

He thinks about Hasty and her role. Perfect. Ain't nuthin happenin to that package. He continues to check out the team as he scans each one, trying to work out their strengths and weaknesses from his insightful observations of the team so that he can work on the teams resilience before trouble hits as he is sure it will. Slouch-hat - a cool cucumber with some great ideas. Smart. Need to ensure things between him and Hasty are sweet at all times. Hasty - as her name - needs to control her sensitivity but then was I any different back in my young years? NO! Reacted really quickly with lead packages. Never, never again - the cost is too great - control the beast within! Hoshi - street sam - obviously knows how to handle himself - good! The elf - a fellow relation - need to re-read at a later stage - being too hasty with judgements can cost a bag and tag. But a good team - great!

Bleep! Bleep! Hmmm! Message received! Great! I love my friends. He sets about answering the message while he awaits the team at the meet point.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 2:55 pm

Hasty packs her bags frantically but double checks things, and then sees that she has plenty of time a full 6 min. She sends a quick message to grump, and thinks about the responsibility she has been given.

Message Begins:

hey grumpy thanks

PS: smile Ok sheeesh!

Message ends

she decides to strap on the Securetech PPP system and takes out the cloths not needing these tonight plus grabs any fake id she may need for everything licenses ect., and heads out the window after setting her suit and bow on stealth plus throwing up her concealment.

She as a half of minute left when she gets there so she gives the place an aerial once over to make sure nobody was followed to the meet. Before she lands and lets the team know she was there. She watched to see who was there, and who was tarty. When everyone is there she will land turn off her stealth mode and reveal herself to her team....
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 4:43 pm

Iceblade shook his head at people saying they needed to go home and get their gear. "See, this is why I come to a meet ready to go. Never know when you'll need to be ready to hit the ground running."

After they set a rendezvous, Iceblade left the bar, picking up a shot of bourbon on his way out, and then got back on his Mirage. The engine roared, and he was off.

----
He didn't need to bother going home. He had everything he needed for this mission on hand. One of the good things about these lined coats was they had some deep pockets in them. And he had plenty of practice keeping his extra ammo in them. Then again, other than his weapons, and his commlink, he didn't have much in the way of gear to carry. He had his fetishes, of course, but they were scattered around his body, under his clothes. Other than that, his Mirage was the only piece of gear he had that wasn't part of his normal outfit.

Needless to say, Iceblade was the first to the rendezvous, leaning against his bike, one hand on the hilt of a katana. He might not be the most fancy guy, but when the chips were down, he was always ready to throw down. That was a lesson he learned the hard way. If you're always ready for a fight, you have a much better chance of surviving.

He just hoped these coyotes didn't try to lead them through ghoul territory. He hated ghouls.
Back to top Go down
rntrndrw
Meat
Meat
rntrndrw

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 5:12 pm

Hoshi flicks his cigarette out of his mouth as the rest of the team comes piling out the bar. Apparently everyone has to stop home to get a few things.
He pulls up his left sleeve, patting his metallic cyberarm, got everything I need right here.
He didnt have much, but what he did have was already tucked away in pockets. Hidden from view.
He walks a few feet to his mirage, jumps on and after a horrible grinding sound the bike roared to life. And he was off to the meet.

He arrives right after Iceblade, whos sitting cooly on his bike, hand on sword. Who does this guy think he is? He doesnt want to draw to much attention so he parks a little ways from him, sending a message to the whole team.

"Dont think I introduced myself, names Hoshi. Glad to have some experience around. Might be the difference between life and death"

He pulls out another ciggerette and lights it up.... where are these cats at....

He kind of wished he stopped back at the hotel to fix himself up another bump of novacoke....
Back to top Go down
Paradox
Runner
Runner
Paradox

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2009-12-25

Character sheet
Character Name: Blake
Race: Human

PostSubject: Reconciling with Hasty   Parliament of Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 6:55 pm

(OOC: Does everyone speak Japanese? If so, Blake speaks in Japanese for Hoshi's benefit in general. If not, Blake speaks in English then translates quickly to Hoshi when he's in the group. Blake has Japanese 4, so there shouldn't be any translation problems.)

As the group files out of the meet and begins conferring on plans, Blake lays out his ideas and listens to the input from the other runners. The group begins to disperse when Blake clears his throat and says, (English) "Let's meet in the alley in the middle of the next block in 10, to keep it simple. Hasty, could I speak to you a minute please?"

Blake draws the pixie away from the rest of the group, but still within easy earshot. He also pitches the volume of his voice such that the other runners can hear what he's saying (noticing that all are doing their best to hear without being obvious about it!).

(English) "I wanted to tell you that you did good with the negotiations in there, Hasty, especially since we didn't know what we were getting into. I'm also pretty sure you have magical Talent, and that's a powerful ace up your sleeve.

"But sometimes, acting conspicuous can get you in trouble, like hovering instead of sitting professionally. That Johnson could've thought that you were too unpredictable to bestow responsibility upon when you got impatient. Or take another example. Suppose a beat cop comes sashaying into this bar and sees a guy walking around with swords strapped on his hips. Sometimes keeping a few surprises can give you enough edge to get out of a scrape - or avoid getting into one. And I've talked myself out of a few situations where I wouldn't have survived a tussle.

"Look, we don't need any hard feelings between us, especially during the first time we're working together. I'm sorry I called you Tinkerbell, and I won't do it again, Hasty. No hard feelings?"
Blake offers his hand, looking extremely incongruous trying to shake hands with a 40cm tall flying pixie...

Later, when the others have dispersed and only Blake and Hoshi are left, Blake says to Hoshi, (Japanese) "Please wait here a second..." Blake quickly drops into the StaplesMax on the corner and buys envelopes that look like the primary one. While he's there, he also buys 3 BubblePak packing envelopes that have room for the manila envelopes.

Returning to an alley next to the bar, Blake looks at the other runner. Blake is too far away to get back to his doss, and his training prevents him from trusting his companions to the point of showing them his vehicle. If there isn't room for a passenger, well, there are ways around that. But the immediate goal is to get acquainted.

(Japanese) "Hoshi, isn't it? Blake. You got a cigarette?" Blake takes the proffered cancer stick and puffs shallowly, relishing the harsh taste. Blake bends down and starts constructing the blinds while he talks. "I can see you're cybered up, and that you're a quiet type. I like that. I also like the fact that you come prepared - shows professionalism."

Blake encloses a manila folder, one of which is the real one, in each of the three packing envelopes and seals them. I don't have much in the way of cyber; you might say I prefer the subtle approach," he says while preparing the blinds. "Close your eyes for a second, will you?" Blake does the same after looking quickly to make sure no one's watching, and then tosses the three envelopes lightly into the air.

Opening his eyes, Hoshi sees Blake collect the envelopes and shuffle them a couple times. "There," Blake nods. "Now no one knows which one holds the real letter. If someone probes our minds, all they'll be able to tell is that there are three envelopes and that there's a letter in one of them. It'll also make the carriers have to act like they have the real one if the chips fall, hopefully encouraging everyone to play it cool. And the best part - BubblePak is slightly more fireproof than paper! I figure the best armored should probably carry the packages, so here ya go," Blake concludes, handing Yoshi one of the nondescript envelopes. Hoshi drives over to the next block; Blake walks, practicing his fieldcraft by looking for tails and watchers.

The group filters back. He explains how the blinds work, then distributes one envelope each to Iceblade and Black Fox. Seeing the pout beginning on Hasty's face, Blake smiles. "I have something special in mind for you, little one," Blake says charmingly. "You don't happen to know how to make something invisible, do you?"
Back to top Go down
Paradox
Runner
Runner
Paradox

Character sheet

PostSubject: Ruminating on the plan   Parliament of Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 8:57 pm

As the group reassembles, Blake looks at each one in turn. They're hard calibers, sure, but not many would make it through a security checkpoint without a second glance from a half-competent guard. He folds his arms, bowing his head slightly and blowing air into his right fist - his thinking pose. After a few moment, he nods and addresses the group.

"Before we get moving," Blake begins, "there are a couple things you guys should know about me. First, I don't like stand-up fights. I'll use every trick, gambit and strategem to avoid confrontation or talk my way out of it. But if I fight, I fight dirty and I fight to win. I'll look for any tactical advantage and use it to maximum effect. I am not in this for the adrenaline, the drama, or anything but the bottom line.

"Second, I look for angles that give us advantage, and I do my best to anticipate the unexpected. You've already seen that with the blinds. I have experience in physical security, and I'm good at getting around it. That's why people hire me.

"Third, if we get into a fight with sentients, try to keep one of them alive. I have a taser and a stun baton, or do it your own way. Living people talk; maybe some can make dead people talk, but I can't. I won't hurt them if they cooperate, but I'll make it as hard for them as they want it to be. If that makes you squeamish, look away, leave the room, whatever, but let me do my work."

Blake looks again at each of the team. "I'm not bought into the idea that the coyotes are better. They're the only link the Johnson and the destination have to us, assuming the package doesn't have electronic or magical beacons. If the package does, we can jam it. If a coyote double-crosses us, we might not know about it until the border patrol lights come up. We don't have time to run the background check on the coyotes; we only have the word of the Johnson that they're on the payroll of the Koshari leadership council.

"So why would the Johnson pay us then see us fail? Maybe there's another cross-border run that Johnson cares about, and he'll drop an anonymous call to the border patrols announcing our position as a distraction from the important run. Maybe the coyotes aren't in on it, and they'll be picked up along with us. Who knows? If we had time, we could make more informed decisions. As it is, we don't have the time to check the bases.

"But if we disappear into the crowd, the Johnson can't find us. I understand that some of us can't make it through border security without raising alarms. But I can. Iceblade probably could, if he was willing to drop the blades. Same with Hasty. Not sure about you, though, Black Fox, and Hoshi's already said he wouldn't be able to.

"The way I see it, we've got three options. We go in two groups, with all the low-profile members going legally with two of the envelopes and the other team taking the weapons, one spellslinger and an envelope. A variation is me taking one of the envelopes and going legally myself - there's nothing on me or about me that would draw security attention. Or we trust that the Johnson is playing us straight and we go with the coyotes. But I'll tell you now, I'm not set up for a fight, so don't count on me going down in a blaze of glory. It's not my style.

"It's up to you guys. My vote is that I go legally with two envelopes and either Iceblade or Hasty, whoever'll draw less security attention. If both of you are going to set off alarms, I take one envelope and go myself. If you guys outvote me, we do it your way. Your call."

Blake looks to each member for his or her vote...
Back to top Go down
rntrndrw
Meat
Meat
rntrndrw

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 11:16 pm

Goddamn, Blake was right. There are so many ways this can go bad. I would rather kill myself then go back to prison, Hoshi thought to himself.

(Japanese) "Maybe the pixie can do an aerial recon of the border and find the weakest link and maybe me and one other could try and sneak by. Im somewhat agile and I have some infiltration skills."

He takes a long drag off his cigarette.

(Japanese) "Or maybe we could take out the Guards at the checkpoint silently."

He chuckled at the idea, he was itching to shed some blood for some reason... He wasnt a sick person, but he loved a good fight.
Back to top Go down
Paradox
Runner
Runner
Paradox

Character sheet

PostSubject: Bikes as a distraction   Parliament of Thieves - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 12:24 am

"That gives me an idea. Hoshi, Iceblade, how good are you on those bikes? If you guys raced through the checkpoint, you could possibly evade the border patrol AND provide a good distraction. And they can't chase every border-running gangbangers. It also keeps us all in our own vehicles and mobile.

"It means we'd probably have to write off one of your bikes. Hoshi, I don't trust yours for reliability and potentially high-speed pursuit. Iceblade, I'd recommend we'd use your bike if we take that route - it looks like it's in good shape."

"Hasty, can you bring up a map of Greater Denver on your commlink?" The group gathers around. Denver Map "OK, just what I thought. We're in the PCC, just outside the Free Trade Zone around downtown. Getting to the FTZ is the only time we'll have to cross a checkpoint. FTZ travel is generally unrestricted, and we're heading against traffic for most of the way. May I?" Blake takes the offered commlink and fiddles with the controls.

"OK, there we go." Sample route "The nav shows 30 minutes in traffic, so we have decent time. Let's go into the FTZ at the nearest PCC checkpoint. The car will go first, with the motorcycle staying behind in visual range in a different lane. I'll drive the car. When we get close to the checkpoint, the bike takes off. Get as close as you can to us without making it obvious you're with us. Once you take off, break contact and lay low as quick as you can. Head across town and plan to do the same thing to get into the UCAS sector; this time, though, don't do it at the same checkpoint we hit. We'll rendezvous near the target building and coordinate by phone.

"We'll take I-70 across to Peoria St. A nondescript car with no magic and no warrants - we shouldn't have a problem.

"If you guys can't shake pursuit, you abort. I'd rather go in with reduced strength than have to worry about the cops coming near us in the UCAS sector.

"Iceblade, can Hoshi drive your bike and you ride shotgun? With the fetishes, I'm thinking you're a mage. You might be able to handle any chasers you pick up non-lethally; I'm not sure if Hoshi could.

"If everyone agrees, we have it. Hoshi driving and Iceblade shotgun on the bike. Black Fox, Hasty and me in the car. Black Fox, I see you've got a Chrysler Nissan-Patrol. Is it hot - any warrants or anything? If we take the Patrol, we could run the scam of actually being legal couriers - I'm the bonded courier, with Black Fox as company-assigned bodyguard/chauffeur. Hasty's the notary. I think we could pull that off.

"One other thing. Nothing illegal or unusual in the courier car. Either give your weapons to the bikers or stash 'em in my car."

Blake looks to his companions for thoughts and/or approval...
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 12:53 am

Iceblade shook his head. "I don't do non-lethal. I strike hard, strike fast, and strike to kill. Live enemies are loose ends, and loose ends are problems someone like me can't afford. And I hate to tell you, but there's no way I'll get through a border crossing without causing a stir."

"A little paranoia's fine. But you gotta remember that reputation is everything in this business. A Johnson gets rep for screwing runners, then fixers aren't going to send people his way, because their reps suffer when they send people on suicide missions. If it turns out to be a trap, we make do, and get out of there, and then we settle up with Mr. J later. But there's no point in splitting up if there's no clear need for it, because all that does is make the rest of us sitting ducks if we're caught on our lonesome. And I don't care how much you dislike a stand-up fight, sometimes the fight comes to you, and you got better odds with backup than without."

"Likewise, a Coyote has his own rep to protect. A Coyote that goes and leads people to the border patrol is going to find himself out of business, or dead. So until you have reasons beyond paranoia to avoid these coyotes, I say that's the route we take, and we stay together."

"You're over-thinking this, all of you. This idea works fine, if we're a bunch of individuals, but when you're on a run, you need to work as a unit, and that means you stick together, and cover eachother's back, unless there's a damn good reason to split up. Because you find yourself alone, you're usually ending up dead."

"Now lets get on to the first Coyote."

And with that, he slung his leg over his bike, and started the engine.

"Oh, and I hope you marked those envelopes. Looks pretty unprofessional to not know which ones are the dummies, and which one is the real package when you're handing them to the guy at the other end."
Back to top Go down
Paradox
Runner
Runner
Paradox

Character sheet

PostSubject: Wow   Parliament of Thieves - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 1:42 am

Blake returns to his "thinking pose" as Iceblade lets loose. Finally, when the elf walking around in broad daylight with six blades strapped prominently about his person starts talking about professionalism, Blake loses his cool a touch.

"Y'know, you're right, Iceblade," Blake raises the volume of his voice modulator to be heard over the bike, and stays out of range of those vicious-looking swords. "It is pretty unprofessional to hand over unmarked envelopes with unknown contents at the destination. That's why I was planning to open the envelopes just outside the building and discard the blinds. No need for the recipient to learn our tricks now, is there?

"And before you start calling the spirits down on me,"
Blake says, glancing at the others, "you all can just tell me to slot off. I'll simply take my down payment and walk away. When you make the drop, you can split the other half of my pay. But I would like to hear what the others have to say first.

"That's one vote for the Coyotes and one for our own vehicles, by my count..."
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 2:44 pm

Black Fox's voice takes on a steely tone as he turns to address Blake.

"Whoa! Hold up! Do we have some trust issues here, Blake? What is this envelope for? I understood that Hasty would carry the package and we would be able to support her by travelling together with the coyotes. There are more than a few reasons for this and let me be quite clear on my position on this.

1. We are dealing with border crossings - best to leave this to the experts. The coyotes do this for a living. It is their bread and butter and the Johnson has given us the best of them in this area to contact. We have no experience and most of us have every reason to want to avoid border crossings. If we have to make one then it is best to have a coyote running the crossing. They know what they are doing. If even one of us does not make it then the heat is on us from Law Enforcement. I don't want that bro!

2. I do not think that the coyotes would double cross an entire team of shadowrunners. If even one of us survives the double cross then the coyote who sold us out will be bagged and tagged for sure. We will get out of it as our strength is in our team work which again I am not feeling from you at the moment. We must stick together, not split up - your words - not mine - but I agree with them!

3. I am with Iceblade - nobody takes me on and lives and if they do I am smart enough to settle the score at a later time. I like Iceblade strike hard and fast - too quick for them to react and by the time they do they are already toast.

4. I understood that Hasty would carry the package. She has certain 'powers' that make her the best person to take that responsibility. She is the running back and we are her offensive line! I thought that was clear just a few minutes ago. Now I am being given an envelope - WHY? Believe me - if we have 'trust' issues lets deal to them now! The plan was set bro! Whats up? You also are saying that there is no need for the recipient to learn our 'tricks' - what tricks - I don't like tricks!! You open envelopes and you will be eating a lead sandwich bro! The envelope is none of our business - we are just to deliver it - thats why the Johnson asked us to do it. You open those envelopes and our street cred and integrity is blown. Even if we then join other teams, runs will dry up faster than a creek bed in summer time. So we DO NOT open envelopes! You are messing with my career as a 'trusted' Shadowrunner, as a professional. I ain't a brofessional!

If you wish to put this to the vote then lets do it but from here on in unless you provide me with an some explanation then I have trust issues with you. So right now, we have 2 votes for the coyotes and 1 vote on our own."

Black Fox looks to the others in the team for the vote.
Back to top Go down
rntrndrw
Meat
Meat
rntrndrw

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 5:13 pm

Hoshi rolls his eyes in disgust. We havent even got into the thick of it yet and here are three runners, about ready to chop each other into pieces.

(Japanese) "My vote is for the coyotes, it was in the beginning and it still is now. Splitting up might work for a team of experienced runners and I cant speak for everybody, but i am inexperienced in this line of work."

He takes another drag off his cigarette.

(Japanese) "Although Blake's idea of causing a ruckus at the checkpoint reminds me of an old japanese proverb."

(Japanese) "Ni usagi wo ou mono wa ichi usagi wo mo ezu, One who chases after two hares won't catch even one"

He takes one last drag off his cigarette.

(Japanese) "You have my vote, lets hear what hasty has to say"
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 8:25 pm

Black Fox smiles as Hoshi casts his vote. Though he didn't understand a word he said, the body language said it all apart from the rolling of eyes which he thought was kinda teenagish but then again it may well have been a cultural thing much like his own and he did not wish to get it wrong coz that leads to trouble. His street etiqutte held him in good stead this time around.

Black Fox relaxed a little. Having been here before with a team of another sort where loyalties were to the cause and not the effect, he welcomed the growth within the team that was occuring.

"Its over Blake the vote counts. We need your skills though. I hope there are no hard feelings. In the future we need to be up front with all of this with all of us as a team.

Three votes to one in favor of the coyotes. Even without Hastys vote - its the coyotes. Thanks guys!

I will make the inital contact and set us up. No doubt we will be off to another location to meet this Stalker fella or felless and then to Peaches for the return trip. Lets get ready to roll. Can I come with someone as I left my vehicle at home. It's gets me around but it's no sports car.

Oh! I have taken the liberty of purchasing some Subvocal Microphones. They are excellent for our purposes and make communication within the team simple. If you are not sure how to use them, I am sure that Blake and I can assist."

Black Fox hands out the microphones and enough tape for each team member. He carefully applies his before testing communication with the others. He then flips out his commlink and contacts Stalker, arranging an ASAP meeting point.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 10:24 am

Hasty was frozen in her seat this was so cool black fox had just made what they call a power move in truth she agreed with him. but know one knew cause she was so busy staring at what was being done. Before she realized it. It was over all votes made. She was glad she did not vote. She did not want Blake to think she had something against him. Sorry b she said to Blake. A somber look on her face and hovered over to get her mic.

Last edited by Ghostmaker on Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stubbspks
Team Leader
Team Leader

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Character sheet
Character Name: Yiska Keme
Race: Dwarf

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 11:06 am

You key in the comm code you were given by the Johnson and the line rings 3 times and then hangs up. Confused you pull your commlink away from your face, looking to see if you'd lost connection or something of that nature.

As you're staring at the device, still slightly confused, it rings. The number is listed as 'Unknown'.

When you answer it, there's silence on the other end.

"Stalker?" you ask into the mic.

"Maybe," comes the reply. "depends on who is asking. I only do Pueblo to CAS. If that's what you're looking for, let me know where you are and I'll set up a meet."

Once you work out the details of your rough location (you gave a spot a couple blocks away in case this was some sort of weird setup), Stalker informs you that you're actually only about 20 minutes from the border and that he'll meet you at Sloan Lake Park about 15 minutes from Denim.

He asks for the list of gear you'll be crossing with and you grudgingly comply. Letting someone else know exactly what you're packing is exactly your style, but you know that he's risking his skin just as much as you are in this endeavor, so he needs to know exactly what he's sneaking across.

Stalker pulls into the meet on the opposite end of the parking lot you're meant to be meeting in at the same time as your group.

He introduces himself, and when you hand him the note from the Johnson he shakes his head slightly and mutters something about missing the old days. He then looks up at the group and puts on a half-hearted smile.

"Sorry about the cryptic phone convo. One can't be too cautious these days; you never know who is on the other end of that line when it rings.... Well, let's get moving then, shall we? The route will take about 20 minutes and most of it will be under ground. We'll be coming out in Cheesman park in the CAS. Normally this is the part where I'd tell you the price and I'd get paid, but fortunately for yourselves, that bit will be taken care of with your J later. If no one has any questions or objections, we'll be on our way."
Back to top Go down
http://www.stubbspks.com
Paradox
Runner
Runner
Paradox

Character sheet

PostSubject: Done deal   Parliament of Thieves - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 2:08 pm

As the group chimes in, Blake considers their thoughts. He also reminds himself that he's left his heavy artillery at home (not that a full-auto shotgun is heavy artillery!), and that he's a stranger to Denver. And drawing attention at a border crossing would still be a major risk to at least two of the team. (OOC: He also realizes he has no SIN documentation on him, which would make his own legal crossing hard as well!)

Blake nods to himself. "You guys are right. The coyotes are the safe bet. We'll do it your way, with no hard feelings."

Blake sets up the subvocal mike offered by Black Fox. When Black Fox lays out the details of meeting the first coyote, Blake is completely fine with it.

"I'll go to the meet with you in the Patrol, if that's OK," Blake says to Black Fox, then turns to the group. "Let's get moving - we got a dropoff in less than 2 hours!"
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 3:15 pm

Black Fox has no questions or objections with Stalkers proposal and agrees to the meet.

Black Fox blinks and the all too familiar Smartgun/Image Link System winks into view. The laser range finder flits to find the correct range zeroing in on a multitude of targets, one at a time, to allow for range adjustment of his online weapons, providing the red crosshairs with perceived targets while displaying the distance to each target. The ammunition indicator displays full clips of EX Explosive Rounds. The heat sensor shows zero movement and the material stress is grey showing zero stress on the gun display. The camera display shows the inside of the vehicle as he moves towards it. In the bottom right of his vision, Black Foxes PAN displays that it is in stealth mode. Perfect!

Black Fox smiles confidently and pats Blake on the back. He subvocalises, "Lock and load ladies. We are G for GO!"
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 5:26 pm

On the way Hasty would take from her pockets a number of arrow explosives. 5 heads and also put together regular 10 heads, injection arrows 5. taking care not to cut herself her gloves protecting her from nicks and scrapes. She carefully placed the arrows in a quiver, and strapped it on her leg upper thigh. She was worried the letter was the same size as she was, and she was worried that might get in the way of her job, but after she lifted it again she realized it was not heavy at all and that should could carry more. She slung wasp over her shoulder and tried not to show how shaken she was. Then decided to center herself the way they had been trying to show her to at the institute for psychic phenomenon in the awakened world (or IPPAW). They were soooo boring but there approuch to magic was alot like her own. She found there techniques well thought out, and way more fees able then her brethren and there chanting and ranting. But at least they taught her how to shoot a bow. That much she had been good at. And her blade-bow was her favorite piece of equipment. Grump had it made for her. Said her wooden bow left her open to melee attacks. She needed someting for close encounters. So he had a friend of a friend design this bow for a child. Her and wasp were together ever since. It had gotten her out of a few scrapes in the past, and she concentrated on it now. Thinking how can i use this if i gotta carry this. Nope she looked around at her comrades they would protect her she knew, and she decided to let it go. But they were counting on her too. she knew also. so she sat there the most quiet she'd been since she got there and she was nervous.
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 11:03 pm

As the party decided to go to the Coyote, Iceblade nodded his head, and started up the mirage. He stayed silent while the others chatted with Stalker. He wasn't there to do negotiations. He was here to be the muscle, if things went downhill.

As they made their way into the tunnels, Iceblade was thankful for his elven eyes, which allowed him to see easily with just the light from the headlights.

Along the way, he whispers into the subvocal microphone, "While we're in the pipe, might be good to set up the next meet with Peaches. I'd rather not stay still for too long, waiting on a meet site. And keep your eyes peeled. Doubt we'll see any trouble underground, but rush hour traffic is the perfect place to find trouble, even if you're not on a run."
Back to top Go down
taniwhaiti
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 11:16 pm

(OCC: I think we should sub-vocal in yellow from now on and talk in any other color - thoughts)

"Yeah - thanks Iceblade - I was thinking the same thing. Not just a couple of pretty swords are ya? Very Happy "

Sitting in Stalkers vehicle, Black Fox contacts Peaches and sets up a meet with her for the return trip.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 11:38 pm

Hasty did not mention it but she kept her eyes astral and open.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parliament of Thieves   Parliament of Thieves - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Parliament of Thieves
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next