Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeA Time For Secrets OOC - Page 40 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

A Time For Secrets OOC

Go down 
+14
Larzarus
Suspect
outpost_2
Sureal
rcoverdale
Dura
Line
Gala
FireSeraph
Kesslan
wngd_phantom
Mirikon
Ghostmaker
Havick1988
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 40 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 1:43 pm

Initiative rounds did not start until the end of my last In-Game post. Which is when I posted the Initiative, and directed the next person to post. In general, unless you're the one being surprised, "combat" doesn't being until you've done something to alert the enemy that they're being attacked. I gave you that benefit, in this case, allowing you to spring the surprise on the enemy when you were ready. Do not always expect that, as it is not always an option.

@Darkon: There is. You can get close enough that you're able to do a detailed Assensing on the target. The results of your Assensing test will tell you (if you score well enough) how much damage they have taken. It is possible, in fact, with an Assensing test to get precise information on their health (which, for expedience, would allow you to know the actual number-damage they have taken). The problem with this is that an Assensing test will cost you a Simple Action, like a "Percieve in Detail" test. Further, there isn't any way to seperate how much of the damage a person has taken from each source (unless it's obvious, and all damage dealt has been Physical, except your spell).

@Viking: Thank you for the reminder. I have amended my post to include your enhancements. In the future, make sure that you include them in your Initiative portion of your post (and on Invisible Castle), so that I don't have to look elsewhere while gathering that data.

@Kesslan: You've taken one "Take Aim" action, and have gained one +1 modifier. Last I checked, that's the way the rules work, right? I'm not sure what more you want? I posted that note mostly for academic purposes, since your "Take Aim" action can either be used (since you have a scope) to remove the -1 range modifier, or gain a +1, and in this case, the two have identical effects... It's really not important to me which way you intend to apply them, since they're the same.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2011-03-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Kouryuu.LV
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 40 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 1:53 pm

Gala wrote:
Initiative rounds did not start until the end of my last In-Game post. Which is when I posted the Initiative, and directed the next person to post. In general, unless you're the one being surprised, "combat" doesn't being until you've done something to alert the enemy that they're being attacked. I gave you that benefit, in this case, allowing you to spring the surprise on the enemy when you were ready. Do not always expect that, as it is not always an option.

@Viking: Thank you for the reminder. I have amended my post to include your enhancements. In the future, make sure that you include them in your Initiative portion of your post (and on Invisible Castle), so that I don't have to look elsewhere while gathering that data.

noted, will try to do it in the next time. like that.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 40 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 4:00 am

Kesslan, you're up.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 40 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 10:59 am

Sorry, was waiting for a response from you then life got busy the last few days with the new job.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 40 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 3:37 am

I SO know the feeling! I've been crushed by a tech release over the past month, and I'm barely even getting any sleep lately!
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 40 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 12:30 pm

Oh my, that were two bad rolls.

gala wrote:
Further, there isn't any way to seperate how much of the damage a person has taken from each source (unless it's obvious, and all damage dealt has been Physical, except your spell).

I'd like to point out that Manaball does physical damage. But it only works on living beings as it goes through the aura. It could not damage the boat for example.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 40 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 6:18 pm

@Gala
Do you say the numbers of spirit services and other things like that to the player and do you take control of the spirits while playing, fighting?
just to be sure, many GM's, many ways to play.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 40 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 10:49 am

@Kouryuu: That's a good question, and you're right, many GMs play that differently. I generally allow my players to adjudicate their Spirit's actions themselves. In this situation: it will take your spirit the entire first initiative pass to get to the boat. On your next action, the Spirit may roll a Perception test, and you can decide what you want it to do from there.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 40 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 1:11 pm

@Kesslan: Nice shot. Would you include the damage that the bullet deals please, so that I don't have to figure it out myself? That way, I can simply subtract from that once I roll the Body+Armor roll (and dodge, when applicable).

For the rest of you - Let's make this a standard ruling: Any time you score any hits (i.e. an attack does not result in a glitch) please include what the damage would be assuming you dealt maximum damage. That keeps it easy for me to deal with.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 40 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 1:35 pm

Barret is base 9P -4AP. It's using APDS ammo (-4AP) + DV4 from called shot so the total should work out to:

13P -8AP and 3 hits.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 40 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 3:17 pm

@Viking: You have no cover, but you may "Dive for Cover" as your description in changing stances to "Full Defense".
@Darkon: See Viking's comment above.

I did describe Specter to lie down behind a sand dune. Which should at least give her partial cover as she is flat on the ground. Of course she has to pull in her head. But in that position, I doubt she can move much or dodge.

Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 40 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 4:45 pm

Darkon wrote:
@Viking: You have no cover, but you may "Dive for Cover" as your description in changing stances to "Full Defense".
@Darkon: See Viking's comment above.

I did describe Specter to lie down behind a sand dune. Which should at least give her partial cover as she is flat on the ground. Of course she has to pull in her head. But in that position, I doubt she can move much or dodge.

Valkyrie preception (2) glitch
and Viking is taking Full defence.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 40 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 8:06 am

@Darkon: You're right, you have partial cover. You may roll reaction against the threat, and add the partial cover modifier.

@Viking: You'll lose your complex action this turn, you still get Free Actions. This allows you to roll Dodge+Reaction. You cannot, however, attack without changing stances again.
Valkyrie: She sees 3 hostile spirits engaged in some sort of activity. It looks like one of those ritual casting situations, though they don't appear to be Spirits of Man - which is weird. In addition, there seems to be 5 remaining metahumans in the boat.
She can't tell much more without an Assensing test on a specific subject, or materializing and percieving in the Material plane.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 40 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 8:26 am

Since Larzarus is apparently back is he going to be playing Griefer again?
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 40 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 8:34 am

That's a reasonable question...

@Larzarus: Are you picking up where you left off? We're in a shooting battle right now, and your assistence will be appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 40 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 9:17 am

I'll put in a basic post for Ghost then for the meantime (Do we know when he's coming back, or if at all btw?)

-------

http://www.shadowrunonlinepbp.com/viewtopic.forum?t=884
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 40 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Time For Secrets OOC
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40