Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeA Time For Secrets OOC - Page 4 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

A Time For Secrets OOC

Go down 
+14
Larzarus
Suspect
outpost_2
Sureal
rcoverdale
Dura
Line
Gala
FireSeraph
Kesslan
wngd_phantom
Mirikon
Ghostmaker
Havick1988
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: A time for secrets ooc   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 8:19 pm

Yeah your driver is in if i remember correctly. I was wondering where you were phantom hope all is well.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 8:20 pm

all is... chaotic... at best... I'll see about posting in soon, i'm not letting my Jack of Clubs go without a fight.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: A time for secrets ooc   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 8:33 pm

yeah i hear that phantom still found no job and i been pounding the pavement!
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 9:24 pm

It's been a very rough year for employment for sure. Though at least this city it's never been as easy as one would think it should be given all the job postings.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 9:37 pm

temp agencies work wonders though, thats where i pull most of my cooks from.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 10:24 pm

BTW, Line.

While characters (Such as mine) May understand Japanese, you kinda need to offer some actual form of translation of what ever the hell it is your saying, because IRL, beyond a word or two I recognize, I don't have a god damn clue what you said Razz
Back to top Go down
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
Havick1988

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Havick

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 11:43 pm

AW!!!! I mised it Line translated it before i could read it Sad

oh also line if you could post your Character in the CHaracters thread that would be great, the message you sent me with your character sheet on it, i seemed t ohave deleted it by acident when i was cleaning out my inbox
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: A time for secrets ooc   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 9:25 am

yeah not trying to be a jerk Gala but i never said he stole your cred stick just to check your accounts thought you might want to edit that LT did not know you lost a cred stick so he would not have made that connection if thats what you meant i could have read it wrong though Wink
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 9:33 am

No need to edit, the italics are her thoughts to herself. bold and in quotation marks are spoken. Sorry if I didn't make that clear before, my mistake.

Relative to the Cred Stick, I know that T didn't know it was missing. She never told him. That's why I had it in Italics, because she was making a mental connection of events... She thinks he stole the cred stick so that he would be able to deposit money, now that you have let her in on the payment thing.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: A time for secrets ooc   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 9:43 am

Ah! Waggata! Sorry i thougt she was speaking ok.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 10:09 am

hehe... it's all good.

I guess that does bring up a point though. Maybe it would make sense for us all to get our color scheme worked out and clean, so that there is little to no overlap, thereby alleviating confusion?

Right now, but subject to change if the group needs me to, I am using the following:

For Regular Speech: Bold Green Text, in "" Quotation Marks
For Thoughts that I wish to share, for RP reasons: Italics Green Text, following a - hyphen
To describe actions, I am using regular unformatted text.
For OOC and Game Related commentary: Plain Red Text, with an (OOC) or Game Stuff: preceding it
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: A time for secrets   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 10:23 am

Gala check your e-mail
Back to top Go down
Line
Meat
Meat
Line

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2010-01-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Ai'leo

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:03 pm

So everyone speaks japanese, but are native english speakers?
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:16 pm

Ashe speaks Mandarin passably and Cantonese well, but not Japanese. She is a native English speaker, and is well trained in Sperethial.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: A time for secrets ooc   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:17 pm

Well Little Tiamet speaks a little Japanese he has two that's not much but i think it will do. Havoc care to chime in on that? like i mean can LT translate sorta or?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:38 pm

Line wrote:
So everyone speaks japanese, but are native english speakers?

Actually Kess's native language is Aztec and has Japanese and English at 4.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: I think SR players lose track of Skill Rating's relative values...   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:53 pm

Reminder of Skill Ratings:
SR4 Page 107 I think (Or close)
SR4 20th Anniversary Edition Page 119 (Full Page Description):

Unrated: unaware
Rating 0: Untrained - Social Example: "The Typical Guy On The Street"... The typical guy can do what he needs to do, including influencing people. Rating 0 is simply untrained, not incapable.

Rating 1: Beginner - Social Example: Telemarketer... This guy is both capable and willing to influence behaviour. Don't underestimate a rating of 1. Knowledge Skill Example: High School Graduate... This means, you took Japanese throughout high school. You are far more than passable, likely capable of communicating your needs in most circumstances.

Rating 2: Novice - Social Example: Door to door salesman, First line supervisor... This is someone who can actually make their living on commission. Athletics Example: High school athlete... Remember being a high-school sports athlete? It wasn't easy. 2 hour practices, every day. Rating 2 requires 10 hours per week of training for a few years. It is no joke.
Language Example: This means that you have lived in Japan for 6 months to a year, and speak mostly fluently in any non-strenuous situation. Your vocabulary would be good enough to handle any normal situation.

Rating 3: Professional - Social Example: Professional sales representative, social dilletante, face, Mr. Johnson... This is the average rating for the most important skill in the life of an average person.
Firearms Example: Regular Beat Cop, Military Grunt... This person spends several hours at the range every day, and has survived several combat engagements. They can handle most complex situations, but show stress.
Language Example: You moved to Japan when you were 5, or 6. You accent is nearly perfect, and any outsider would have no idea that you weren't Native to the language. It is not immediately obvious to a native, but if they spend enough time with you, they notice on key words or phrases.

Rating 4: Veteran - Social Example: Politician, diplomat, socialite, senior manager... This is an above average rating for the most important skill in the life of an average person. This is your high school math teacher, the Police Captain or Marines PFC, or the guy who has just been accepted in to a special forces group, but just before basic training begins. This is an FBI Field Agent immediately following their basic training.
Language Example: You are as good as any native, and better than most. You can handle all of the complex situations you have ever encountered.

Rating 5: Expert - Social Example: Incumbent Politician, Grand Tour regular, corporate VP... These are "head and shoulders" above the competition. This is the college professor, able to engage in deep philosophical discourse on the subject.
Language Example: You have mastered the language to such an extent that you could now be a diplomat for the language of study. You speak better than any of your peers, accent included. "Who ever said that a non-native couldn't learn the accent?"

Rating 6: Elite - Social Example: President and other heads of state, CEO of a megacorp... This is a skill level entirely unattainable to a normal person in any of their skills. Expert is something they dream of, and most will likely never achieve. Elite is a Team Leader of Delta Force; they are local legends.
Language Example: I am having a hard time imagining a situation in which a non-native would ever become a 6 skill level in another language...

Rating 7: Legendary - Social Example: Bill Clinton, Ronald Reagan, Damien Knight... It takes a certain natural talent for this to be even possible.

Anyway, that was just a reminder to all of what it means to have a Rating 1 or 2 in a skill... We spend so much time with our 3s, 4s, and 5s, we forget that a 1 or 2 is more than passable.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: A time for secrets ooc   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 4:49 pm

Note for gm and players I'm going back home to new rochelle im also getting a new internet installation so i may not be on till after five o' clock est. if you need to havoc you can post for LT if not then ill post when i get my pc up and running that is all. A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 4 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
Havick1988

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Havick

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 12:57 am

no im not going to post for your character as, io dont know how he thinks. I dont like ruining a stroy like tha. it wont do any harm if we have to wait for you to be able to put in an update. Atleast i hope it dosnt ive already had to kill off 2 characters becasue theve disapeared on us. i hope i dont have to do that again
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: A time for secrets ooc   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 6:51 am

Don't kill me LT shall ride again! Smile No really ill be back.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: A Time for Secrets Ooc   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 3:30 pm

yeah i got home and there was no power i will post hopfully tomorrow. if i could get it under control in time sorry really suffice it to say LT will follow what ever the group is doing. like i said when i get it under control ill be back should not take more then a day i gave them money today. bills bills bills.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: A time for Secrets Ooc   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 10:15 am

yeah so im using the librairy computer this will i hope keep me up to date with you guys i hope sorry but ill only be posting in like once or twice a day so yeah.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 9:06 pm

I won't be able to post today or tomorrow, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 2:38 am

Ok, seriously, Someone has to lay out the details for the newcomers. I can very easilly track back through the posts and get the details for myself, but Ashe cannot do that. Even if all you do is say And ___ takes the next hour to lay out the details of the mission, and the current plans, step by step for the newcomers... Come on, let's get it done. And, let's order some food...
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: A time for secrets ooc   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 1:56 pm

I am back and since I'm back I'm going to go fill in the new teammates for Gala sake. Besides i can't think of anything else to post lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Time For Secrets OOC
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next