Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeFixer's Delight Reboot - Page 2 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Fixer's Delight Reboot

Go down 
+5
Digital Doom
Suspect
outpost_2
scawire
Sylvaen
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
outpost_2
Team Leader
Team Leader
outpost_2

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Character sheet
Character Name: Clinton Taylor
Race: Human
Sex: Male

Fixer's Delight Reboot - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight Reboot   Fixer's Delight Reboot - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 10:50 pm

The petite girl looks at the man drumming up a conversation "you drekking idiot I am not really a little girl and don't talk about the job here... I dont know matrix from magic... so Id rather I didn't drekking look like the naughty girl next door..." the little girls cheeks light up with embarrassment... 'seriously... you can actually blush in the matrix?' he thinks to himself after catching another glance of himself "gah I hate this 'new world' junk... isn't reality good enough? whatever, lets just not talk about the meet or job till on the job..." begins to mumble to himself under his breath sounding like a cute little girl having a tea party... 'I think i wish I died instead of this' the little girl rolls her shoulders back and forth like she is getting ready for a fight and finally finishes with "anyone matrixy who can make sure i dont die in this confounded piece of machinery" which sounds oddly like a little girl asking you to tea and crumpets.
Back to top Go down
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
CrowDancing

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2012-05-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight Reboot   Fixer's Delight Reboot - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 1:07 am

Antonio laughs at the discomfited attitude of the 'ladies' and turns first to the 'girl' before including the others in the conversation.
I must admit that's an interesting and intriguing image.... not what you were going for is my bet. As for the door, go ahead, open it. Sooner the meet starts the sooner it's done and the sooner we are out of this. Antonio straightens the brim of his hat to emphasize his point.

Now, on with the show. With that he steps up to the door and opens it.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight Reboot   Fixer's Delight Reboot - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 4:45 am

Antonio Touches the Door and Suddenly freezes then digitizes lastly he fizzles out of existence or at least as far as you can tell... This leaves four potential runners Standing in the dark place.

Edit:(ok everybody touches the door yeesh...)

Anyone touching the door disappears to the others on the red carpet… Play that up… Then read the following

Anyone who disappears is transported to a Room that is off the grid so to speak… It’s a private shadow server, and there appears to be a problem…  You appear to be standing on the roof! You know this because there are some elaborate light fixtures and chandeliers all pointing up from your floor, further confusing the matter is that when you look up, everything you see is in the upside down arrangement. Furniture of an expensive looking nature is on said roof, like it was bolted to the roof but it is not… There are people up there too. To you they are upside down but nothing drops.  One is a man standing in a corner, he is human with blond hair and dark sunglasses he stands at ease in his expensive suit icon looking like a G-man from a Trid cast, but is ever alert or so you figure… Oh he by no means is twitchy seems alert and at ease. There is a half-moon shape set up of chairs in the middle of the floor/roof that seats six shadowed figures, there icons are literally as black as the scene before this room. All you can see in the darkened figures is their eyes, as they sit ominously silent... There are two more icons here one a Zute suited wolf obvious Mafioso cartoon icon. Finally the other an Elf with extra extravagant clothing nothing like anything you’ve ever seen is it from the 1800's or something…? Maybe…? His hair is long curly and dark purple… The Mafia guy and the elf appear to be talking with the dark figures up there where everything is reversed from where you are…

They don’t seem to notice you or they don’t care, and all you can do is wish you could hear what they were saying to each other. But you can’t… The human at ease in the corner makes his way to the extravagant Elf whispers in his ear, and the Elf looks up. But from your perspective up or down you don’t know, you then hear his Voice but his lips do not move. He smiles saying “Hellooo!! My friends how good of you too Join us.” He looks to the dark figures now giving you their full attention, and the Sunglasses blond guy moves back to his corner. The obvious Mafioso is also giving each of you the once over… The extravagant Elf speaks to the dark figures “I told you they would be here, the wager is mine of course… You may forward all winnings to my escrow account. Thank you so very much for playing!” Then looks to you and says “Well as your keen minds have no doubt guessed I am Monty…” pauses for effect then continues “The more then muscle man in the back is Sergei, These are my associates.” he indicates the man in the corner first, and then the dark group of six… Lastly he points to the cartoony wolf Mafioso icon… And says “This is Tony the Slick He will play the role of your employer, and will speak in just a moment, But First Gentlemen please introduce your selves to us please. And tell us what it is you do in those gloomy shadows you toil in. So as to put your contractor at ease, you understand...” He grins as if he just bit into the good part of a sandwich, made with real meat, and real mayonnaise, and well you get the picture…

Allow the runners to intro themselves to the Johnson/fixer/head hunter and his associates
Back to top Go down
Sylvaen
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2013-12-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Joseph Holmes
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight Reboot   Fixer's Delight Reboot - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 10:19 am

Taking a deep breath (Do I really breathe in here or is it just my imagination? he wondered), Joe let go of his sudden anger. His old arrogance almost made him snap back, but he remembered just in time that he wasn't doing this for himself and that he couldn't afford to start this partnership the wrong way. Instead of any response, he just smiled and nodded an apology to his companions, then turned and watched with interest as the guy who seemed to be most at home here vanished.

"Oh I see," he muttered as he reached for the knob, "on with the show indeed. I mean, there's the door - what could go wrong?"

He found out a few moments later once his vision cleared again. The sight of the weird room made him sick; his subconscious had a difficult time deciding where is "up" and where is "down". Joe swallowed hard and closed his eyes. He could feel his natural sense of balance acting up despite having received a helpful dose of suppressors.

He could feel the sudden vertigo go away after a moment and dared himself to open his eyes and have a second look just as the elf on the ceiling looked up (or down!). He tried to read the mood in the room but he could as well try to read the mood of a piece of concrete. Besides Joe's companions, the elf, Sergei the Bouncer and the wolf-man, others were shrouded in pitch black. Six of them, Joe noted. And they were apparently in on whatever plans Monty and Tony had for this group.

Joe spared a look to the guy who had fearlessly entered before him. It seemed he recognized someone; it was hard for Joe to tell whether it was Monty, Tony or anyone else that caught his attention, and Joe wasn't quite sure whether that was a good sign. Either way he decided to jump in and allow his companion a few more seconds to think.

"Joe. I used to specialize in, let's say, rapid, stealthy and high-risk extraction for DocWagon. Sometimes it was just one of those three, other times all of them together. Now I work to aid and heal those who either can't afford a regular treatment or have other reasons for not visiting a doc. Which, by the way, is what you can call me if you want to - to make it easy on everyone and not make anyone remember more names than necessary."
Back to top Go down
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
CrowDancing

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight Reboot   Fixer's Delight Reboot - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 10:58 am

What the frag is with the fancy and elaborate show.    Antonio's first thoughts as the new reality takes shape around him.  Having never been one to show an uncontrolled emotion or feeling, and having done enough matrix meetings to be almost comfortable with the bizarre, the Escher room wasn't what made Antonio uncomfortable.  It was the sheer number of people in the room that gave him concern.  A meet normally had one Johnson with maybe some guards and an aid tops.  Not a fragging group, but then again the black figures might actually be programs.  Then again so could any of the others for that matter...    I thought I was joking with the show comments, Sprits have a drecked up sense of humor.  

Antonio waits as the others pop in and the elf goes through the opening spiel, making Antonio even more curious.  Especially when he introduces the cool Wolfman as Tony the Slick.  Antonio smiles inside, keeping his face neutral as he remembers Tony the Slick.  He'd seen him when he served Big Tony at a family meeting several months back.    Never spoke with him so I know him and I bet he doesn't know me from jack.....  That can be really useful, maybe even profitable......

Antonio's ruminations are put on hold by Joe, or Doc, filling the gap in the conversation.  Sliding his fedora up on his head he smiles.    Antonio Delcatio, call me anything but Tony.  I'm a planner and a talker, a Face as most would call it.  Not bad in a tight spot either I must admit.    I know people, who know people, etc.    Antonio watches Tony the Slick very carefully while he speaks, trying to detect any indication that Tony might have recognized his name.

Once finished Antonio splits his attention to the group on the ceiling and his new 'teamates' as they speak their piece.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight Reboot   Fixer's Delight Reboot - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 11:34 am

When Doc speaks the two left sitting on the roof namely Monty and Slick Tony will watch and listen Tony nods to the Medic in respect for his skill set and Monty bows his head more then nods his movements are exaggerated if not colorful... Monty gives a similar welcome to Antonio, But Slick Tony Puts an eye on Antonio its one of respect for his family "Antonio Delcatio huh? Hey kid i think i know Some of those people you know, but i don't know to much about you..." He gives Antonio the once over. Then smiles as he realizes he's in cyberspace and your kisser looks different real life... after the brief silence he speaks to you again this time in a subtle tone and respectful tone saying...

"Antonio ben conosciuto, io sono sicuro di capire ... Questo incontro è di non andare a casa per le nostre varie famiglie ... Tu ed io sia possibile apprezzare la necessità di discresion giusto?"(Translation: Antonio well met, I'm Sure you understand... This meeting is not to go home to our various Families... You and I can both appreciate the need for discresion right? ((I think only Antonio understands this))

He Then stares back at you waiting to measure your response...
Back to top Go down
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
CrowDancing

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight Reboot   Fixer's Delight Reboot - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 11:44 am

Antonio nods back to Tony with the same respect.  His mind spinning Tony's words and their implications in his mind, trying to see the angles.    Sì, capisco discrezione. Nessuna famiglia ha bisogno di sapere circa questo promessogli.  Si può anche apprezzare la difficoltà che pone sulla parlando con alcuni dei miei contatti, no?  (TranslationYes, I can fully appreciate discretion.  Neither family needs to know about this endeaver.  You will also appreciate the difficulty this puts onto talking with some of my contacts, yes?).
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Number of posts : 612
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Night Fist
Race: Ork

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight Reboot   Fixer's Delight Reboot - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 12:00 pm

Shawl steps into the door of disappearing runners to see where everyone was heading too. At first seeing that he is standing on the ceiling Shawl starts to think that his aura has wrapped the meeting location then it dawns on him that he is not the only one on the ceiling and other avatars are up here too to do a meet. The number of on lookers would have bothered Shawl if they where not is Cyber Space, being in Cyber Space you can design the code that you have privacy with a person next to you..... well unless that person next to you is a Hacker.

Well My name is Jeff I go by the handle Shawl. I have a bit of magical knowledge so I'll be the one slinging spells and calling in spirits for some aid. Shawl starts to twich his fingers wishing he had a smoke to occupy his hands and mouth.
Back to top Go down
outpost_2
Team Leader
Team Leader
outpost_2

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight Reboot   Fixer's Delight Reboot - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 3:48 pm

"well... since no one is screaming in agony when they dissappear maybe this is like that magic drek and just makes you invisible." the little girl saunters over and slowly reaches out to the door hoping against hope he is not about to die... 'once more unto the breach' as the finger brushes the door a feeling of disorientation fills his senses and he is now in an upside room "great its like i'm in a mages house. but with them i'm not plugged into a machine..." the little girl lets out with a huff like she is pouting because her parents wont let her go over to her friends.

As he listens to the other introduce themselves, he kind of shifts from one foot to the other. Once Jeff is done introducing himself "Call me Sharpshooter, I'm sure you know the reason for privacy... I can survive in just about any environment and have been called silent and deadly. I prefer non-technological weapons and tools, not that I cannot use them, just prefer not to." the little girl squeaks out excitedly 'jesus I hate how I sound right now' "I'm sure you know I don't actually look or sound like this. But I am at your service... for the right price." the little girl smirks very much like James would in real life. then does a little curtsy instead of the bow he wanted to do.

Last edited by outpost_2 on Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight Reboot   Fixer's Delight Reboot - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 8:48 pm

Slick Tony Nods his understanding and appreciation to Antonio... Then turns and regards the rest of the runners there as they make their intro's. Nodding and giggling at the last two "Geez guys this is what yous guys icons is like... hmm? No problem look at me his idea" speaking of his Wolf in a Mafioso suit icon. And he points at Monty as the blame, who shrugs saying "As you said sharpshooter its discretion..." a gleeful smile as the intrigue picks up in the room...

Allow the runners to intro themselves to the Johnson/fixer/head hunter and his associates

After introductions are made Monty stands and claps emphatically saying. “Excellent! They are the crème De la Crème of their various areas of expertise, I assure you all!!” He motions as if showing you off as the prize on a game show stage… “Now down to business shall we?” He looks to the panel of Six, and says “You may all take your leave, as I am sure this next part does not concern you… But I’m sure you will all be watching the play by play from your various shadowy perches. Wont you? Ta Ta!” And with that the dark panel of 6 Disappears from your view. One in particular disappears but manages a last glance at you all before dismissing his/her icon…

Monty smiles rubbing his hands together and falls back in his chair, sweeping his right arm to display the right side of himself. He directs your attention to the Wolf Icon in the Mafioso suit saying “Gentlemen without further ado I give you Tony the slick” The cartoonish icon steps forward wincing visibly at the way the elf intros him, and Nods to you each “Aeeey! Slick Tony Here! I got a job for yous. Scan? This should be a synch for runners like yous. It’s Mostly body guarding. Scan? No babysitting though. I’m kinda handy with the steel myself. Scan? It’s just might have more then I can fit in my gut on my plate, and I can’t use my normal Crew. Ya scan…? See I just got my hands on some merchandise, real big wig contents in the crates. Got it? I’m gonna off load it to a bunch of Gangers in the terminal District. The Yellow Dragons, these guys work for a Tong named Lou Phat Po or Fat Louie as he’s known on the street… This guy is connected out the Wazzoo! Scan? Can’t screw him over, but he’s a known double crosser…” He lets that sink in then continues “However I got some leverage, and I don’t want the yellow Dragons thinking they can Cross old Slick Tony… So yeah you may have to move a crate or two. No problem Right? I won’t lie it’s gonna be a tense situation. Young types looking for a rep. Ya scan? Now as you know theres two ways to go about that. Your a straight shooter or you’re a snake, either way you gotta be one bad motherfragger. Ya scan...

I need you all to do nothing, I mean nothing! I don’t tell you to, and watch my back at the same time. K? Job Pays Ten a pop in nu yin, after I get mine, and I’m safe, I’ll give ya yours. Scan?” At that point Monty speaks up “Yes well you do understand for Mr. Tony the Slick to continue with the details of his operation. We will of course need a yay or nay from each of you. Hopefully your response will be in the positive… If you care to speak amongst yourselves I will give you privacy at your request. But please do feel free to ask any questions you may have. This is of course why he is here…” Monty watches you intently with his eyes it’s hard for you to believe so much emotion could come from the Elf Icon but it seems to strike you as Joyful… And the perceptive amongst you will have notice Tony’s icon wince once or at least you thought it did when Monty "Tony the Slick"

Runners may now speak to each other. If they ask for privacy Monty will comply and press an AR button that only he can see, cutting the voice chat from his side to theirs. If they have questions or want to haggle this or after they speak with each other in private is the time for it…
Back to top Go down
outpost_2
Team Leader
Team Leader
outpost_2

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight Reboot   Fixer's Delight Reboot - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 4:24 pm

James looks at him closely, and starts to tap his foot, with the icon he is playing the little girl looks pouty and impatient. "by ten a pop, you mean 10,000 nuyen correct? and if so, if I have to use ammunition... mine isn't... nearly as cheap to replace as bullets... so I am thinking we will need to cover expenses as well. also I will follow orders to a point, but I am not willing to die stupidly, if I get attacked, I usually reciprocate. I could care less about who is doing what, so long as I get my money so whoever it was you were just talking about does not concern me, what does concern me is will this merchandise have a propensity to explode or do things in which things-in-crates should not do?" the little girl in her squeaky voice allows for a pause and looks at 'tony the slick' "I am used to the body guarded being the ones told what to do not the other way around, at least when it comes to their safety..." at this her little arms cross. and looks around to the rest of the group. "as well as how often will these 'meetings' occur? I would not want to run ourselves ragged if they happen a lot. recovery time is always good for... morale" with that the little girl harrumphs and looks for any of the others to speak.
Back to top Go down
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
CrowDancing

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight Reboot   Fixer's Delight Reboot - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 12:16 am

Antonio listens passively, reflecting nothing of his thoughts, as Monty does his Ringmaster routine and then Tony plays up pitch, calmly noting down all the elf's and Tony's mannerisms. Knowing those were the best bet for getting reads in the matrix.

Then the grumpy little girl/man starts off. He opens by dickering price in the form of expenses and follows with contending some of the rules of behavior. After the first little pout Antonio knew he was in a loosing battle, barely containing the snickers and hiding a grin behind his hat by time she/he finished.

Unable to speak for a moment but unwilling for any of the others speak Antonio raises his spare hand, index finger raised, in a silent appeal for a momentary pause. After a second he has his composure back, and grin under control, then looks up at Monty. Thank you, yes privacy would be welcome for a moment. I'll waive two fingers when we are ready to continue.

Antonio waits until he is sure that they have the promised privacy before turning back to the others. Let's get some dreck straight among ourselves before we all yabber off. First off; Don't believe that dreck about complete privacy here in there node, safer to assume we are still being listened too. Second; This whole thing is some drecking smoke and mirrors. I bet the job itself is solid but that's probably about it. If this was all Tony's deal this meet would have been totally different. Monty I peg as a Barker or Ringleader, looking like it's his show but only another middleman. And then there's the fragging shadow gallery, no bets there. But the actual gig, that I buy.

With a little flourish he flips his hat in his hand before using to point at cute and grumpy Sharpshooter. Expenses; good angle, hard sell. I might back that push, let's cover more ground first. As for the rules; ya good point but I think I understand what Tony's thinking. He's making an unaffiliated Crew, thinking like a Made Man.

Looking directly at each of the others he continues. I think we should hash out any thing we want to negotiate or disagree with before 'officially' presenting it to them.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight Reboot   Fixer's Delight Reboot - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 5:28 am

When Sharpshooter is done speaking ST looks at Monty incredulously saying "Will you look at the Jingo bells on this one eh! Ok its not So much Body Guarding as i told you I'm pretty good with a pistol myself... But I need back up now can yous do that or not..." at that point... Antonio raises a finger for silence Slick Tony shrugs and when Antonio wisely asks for privacy Monty hit's the Private chat AR button which Flashes a Private Chat sign in you over view...
Back to top Go down
Sylvaen
Meat
Meat

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight Reboot   Fixer's Delight Reboot - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 5:53 am

Joe stepped back and remained silent throughout the Monty & Tony spiel and took the back seat while Antonio offered his analysis of the situation. He nodded silently when Antonio mentioned his doubts about their privacy, despite the flashing privacy sign.

"Alright, I get what you're saying. You know these folks which is more than I can say about myself," he bowed his head to Antonio, "And I'm new in this scene, but.."

He paused and looked at each of the others before finishing his thought: "I've done my share of undercover work, and my experience is that if two people know about a plan, there's a fifty percent chance it gets out. So how does the building an unaffiliated Crew thing go together with seven extra people involved?"

"As for the expenses, that's a good call," he continued, "but there's something that bothers me more than whether or not I need to sign a medpack off my own expenses. And that is, we're gonna be playing on someone else's home turf. They know the place and they'll have it covered - wherever we move, we're in LOS."

"This time that stands for 'a Load Of Shyte' just as much as for 'Line of Sight'," he added with a smirk.

"Don't take it the wrong way, I trust that any one of you can take care of himself. But we're about to play with the bigger boys out there and if we can't rely on each other doing their part, we can as well walk up there and let them shoot us now."

Joe watched his companions carefully, fully expecting uneasy shifts, smirks and other signs of disagreement.

"A part of that is, is there anything any of us would want to share with the others? Anything we might want to include in the plan, from driving only bright red '65 Corvettes to being a claustrophobic, that's what I mean," he said finally.

"I'll start because I came up with this idea: Remember at all times that I'm a doctor first and foremost. I've sworn an oath and I'm keeping it. I will not take a weapon nor shoot to kill anyone and I'm definitely not leaving anyone behind."
Back to top Go down
outpost_2
Team Leader
Team Leader
outpost_2

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight Reboot   Fixer's Delight Reboot - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 12:08 pm

"Great sentiment Doc. I prefer to only kill to put food on the table, or nuyen" the little girl smirks. "I don't mind sharing a bit, but I won't do it on this drekking piece of technology" looks around at the assembled group "I aint a talker, I'm a doer. anyone who can get us a better deal I am down. but I don't like to try and have to replace ammo... I use a bow and knives, not a gun... so I really do need the extra cash... but I'll roll with the rest of the group. Maybe over a few drinks, coffee or something stronger we can talk more..."
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight Reboot   Fixer's Delight Reboot - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 12:09 pm

Ahab speaks up: "Well im in if im gonna have a team with me matrix guy would probably be me then... Oh and in case you guys were wondering we really are in private chat I don't k if there is a log but I'm just saying... Oh and I'm competent with a pistola... hey joe as long as you dont make our opposition feel better im good with what you said..."
Back to top Go down
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
CrowDancing

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight Reboot   Fixer's Delight Reboot - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 1:03 pm

Antonio accepts Ahab's claim with as much salt as he can fit, not truly trusting anything in the matrix.  But he does feel a bit more secure.

Fair 'nough point.  When I said affiliated, I specifically was referring to the mafia.  As that is one of Tony's biggest worries with this run.  
Time for a little mafia lesson.  Crew, in the mafia basically means the people who work directly for us.  You have to become a Made Man, officially a member of the family, in order to start a crew.  The more you make for the family, the larger your crew can grow.  A secondary meaning is a small group of people who specialize in some specific racket or skill-sets, again part of the mafia through their affiliation to their boss on to his boss, etc.  A crew basically makes a boss money and backs his play, however the boss wants it played.  That's how I think Tony is looking at this and I think we should shake that a bit cause, without the whole family structure keeping us here we can simply walk.  That, you can't do in the mafia, ever.

Now I know a bit about Tony the Slick, and it seems he dislikes that moniker.  Tony works for his Uncle, a big league capo or boss.  He's an enforcer, not a mover so he's on someones crew, probably his Uncles.  He just implied he's got his own regular crew which means he's a Made Man.  Now he's got his hands into a deal that he doesn't want anyone, or at the least his or my bosses, to know anything about it.  Now I can safely say the mafia don't like missing out on profits and if they do realize what Tony's doing they will either claw out a cut of the top or even go nasty and wack all of us as an object lesson to anyone else in the mafia thinking of trying it.

Antonio pauses and shrugs, giving them a crooked grin.    Well Tony probably won't be wacked and I just might be able to pull enough strings to crawl off in shame.  Depends on who finds out first and who makes the call.
I am betting on them taking a cut and considering where the Yellow Dragons operate, I'm confident the mafia won't hear of Tony's or my involvement from that sector. Leaving the shadows and Monty who seem to have an invested interest and thus are not likely to call it to the mafia's attention.

Now, Doc.  You seriously won't kill?  Ever considered a tranq gun or something to at least remove threats without killing.  I know a guy, could get you geared up in hours  Just don't try stopping the rest of us from doing what's necessary, and don't bother treating their wounds.
As for me, I prefer using words and decent plans to avoid having to kill people.  But that's not always possible and when it becomes necessary I have no problems killing, never have, and won't hesitate to do so.  Like Sharpshooter, I too will want to react in kind when being attacked.  Unless there is some advantage or value such that it is worth the risk.  
Back to top Go down
Sylvaen
Meat
Meat

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight Reboot   Fixer's Delight Reboot - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 1:32 pm

Upon hearing Sharpshooter's comment, Joe grinned: "I'm a doctor, not an idiot," he said - but it didn't quite sound right. But he didn't have time to add more because Antonio spoke up. And while he was speaking, the grin on Joe's face slowly turned into a worried look.

"So let me get this straight - anything goes wrong and we're in an even bigger LOS than I thought. Especially if anything untowards happens to Tony, right? That's just swell," he sighed and considered this for a moment. He remembered that despite the privacy screen, there was no telling whether their conversation was recorded, so he switched to a language he knew very few would be able to recognize, much less translate. But with luck...

"So it's a typical esse verum vel frustrabor sicut diabolus," he said before turning to answer Antonio.

"When things get hot it's my team that's my concern. And the mission. If anyone is stupid enough to pick up a gun and aim it at us, it's their decision. We can hardly be blamed for making sure we're the ones standing at the end. It would just be great -not to mention smart- if we could avoid a bloodshed. Our opponents may be unlucky or stupid, but they're human.. or at least humanioid beings, too."

"And for the record, I can take care of myself, too. High Threat Response teams training and then some. I didn't exggerate when I mentioned rapid retrieval service..." he added to let the others know he wouldn't be a burden in a fight.
Back to top Go down
outpost_2
Team Leader
Team Leader
outpost_2

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight Reboot   Fixer's Delight Reboot - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 2:05 pm

"just saying doc, that I can understand not wanting to kill others. I'll be glad to have you on the team, just don't expect me to have your same code of ethics." little girl shrugs. "i'd like to get the hell out of this sooner then later so since you say your a face, means I'll leave the negotiations to you Antonio. I just put the little bit out there I needed. I run for the cash and to improve my skills, not for any special reasons. I just don't like getting 'blamed' for others actions so I would prefer to have plausible deniability so the less I know the better in my opinion." looks at the doc to finish. "you keep us in one piece. I'll do my best to keep you that way to do that. As others peoples turf isn't just theirs for very long. I familiarize with terrain fairly quickly." the little girl shows a funny pompous grin and waits for the imput of the others.
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight Reboot   Fixer's Delight Reboot - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 4:49 pm

Shawl stays back as all the talk is flying but since it seems to be nearing an end he decides to add a point. I'm not skilled in talking a bigger pay deal but since you came forward stating your face abilities I would like to gets some of the nuyen up front. With that said Shawl goes back to being a wall ordainment on the digital landscape, mind you he would rather be a pimped out mage but hey a crazy chick troll will keep the minds looking at him guessing. Then again the cyber cafe most likely could id Shawl if they had to, well here's hoping the mob doesn't want to whack the whole crew when this run is done. Lastly if we leave the people alive with out killing then there is less chance they will seek us out. If we geek the other guys there is a big chance they will want our heads. This is something you might want to consider if we can go non lethal then less likely a hit will be put on our heads.
Back to top Go down
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
CrowDancing

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight Reboot   Fixer's Delight Reboot - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 2:33 pm

Antonio sighs and rubs the bridge of his nose as he listens to Doc and Shawl.    Good to know Doc, good to know. I don't scan Latin, though I can recognize it, sorry.  As for the depth of dreck, it's pretty deep but not quite that deep.  If Tony get's wacked in this the Mafia won't bother with us, it's only if he succeeds and they find out.  If this goes bad or good, the Yellow Dragons won't say dreck about who did what to anyone.   The only other leak to the Mafia is us and the 'Tony and Monty Show'.  Just want you all to be aware of as many of the angles as possible.    

Antonio starts pacing about the ceiling as he talks, with a turn he changes tone as he looks at the troll girl icon of Shawl.    I disagree with your opinion on the benefits of leaving them alive, but that is something I would rather argue over a beer.  

With that he stops pacing and looks directly at each of the others.  Well, we've got that covered.  Let me ask you all a simple favour,  don't call me Face.  Fragging hate that moniker.  I have different names with different people but I prefer to go by Antonio, when I have to use a different name I'll let you know.  
But this is all dreck we can discuss after this meet over a few beers.  As for now, ya I can do the talking on this deal.  First I need to know who is willing to do this gig even if I can't get us anything better.  Then I need to know who needs recovery time from this meet and how long to recover....  We need to know when this goes down too... and I need a ballpark figure to toss at them for expenses, cause it is a hell of a lot easier to negotiate a number before hand as opposed to after the fact accounting.  For that we'll have to get more info from Tony but I would like some idea of your potential costs.  As for the rules dreck, we are all good with our already expressed method of self-defence.  I already plan on talking that bit over.

Now give me some clues on gear usage costs but seriously, don't hold your breath on it.
Back to top Go down
Sylvaen
Meat
Meat

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight Reboot   Fixer's Delight Reboot - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 3:00 pm

"Got it," Joe looked down at his hand that actually wasn't here, thinking.

"Alright, Antonio, count me in. There are people out there who need the meds and I can't pass this chance," he said finally. "A decent medkit goes for three hundred, plus shots, patches, syringes and stuff - say five hundred a treatment. Depends on how rough it's going to be but my estimate is we're going to pop three kits. But," Joe raised a finger to make the point, "I'm sure Tony values his good health, so why not find out the truth about how rough it's going to be? After all I'm going to treat his wounds as well, if he gets hurt.. Let's see how much he is willing to pay in advance for meds."
Back to top Go down
outpost_2
Team Leader
Team Leader
outpost_2

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight Reboot   Fixer's Delight Reboot - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 10:28 pm

"depends on how many arrows or knives I run through... I say at least 500 nuyen, 1,000 if it gets bad... and I hope you realized I was using face as a job description. did not mean to insult." her little shoulders shrug and she puts her hands out. "I can be ready as soon as I am out of here. some of my gear is at home... but it is more for offense then defense..." her little voice squeaking innocently.
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight Reboot   Fixer's Delight Reboot - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 10:10 am

Shawl wishes he could have gotten his hands on some cyber smokes even without hot sims they taste nice in any cyber location. Well as for my expenses I chuck mana so I should be on the low end. I could run through a clip or two so 160, if I use my stick and shock rounds. If we get some coin up front I'd love to get my hands on some stim patches but I'm in even if we don't get our requests. Would love to know when we start and more of the details about who provides wheels and other specifics of the run, but I know most of that comes after we accept the run. Shawl pulls at his biker shorts... These icons sure can give you a wedgie.
Back to top Go down
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
CrowDancing

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight Reboot   Fixer's Delight Reboot - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 8:14 pm

Once Antonio has everyone's agreement he nods.    Okay.  I ain't gonna guarantee nothing on the expenses but I'll try and if nothing else, go for some up front cred.    Antonio deliberately puts his fedora back on before looking up at Tony and Monty, raising two fingers to signal they are done with privacy.

Let's just just go over the proposition.  You are doing an exchange of crated products with the Yellow Dragon and Fat Louie in the Terminal District.  Fat Louie is known for double crossing and is likely to have a full-on Yellow Dragon hit squad in or around the place.  Your offering 10K a pop for a replacement Crew for this exchange with the cred on the back end only.  Tutto ciò è completamente fuori dalla famiglia libri e deve rimanere tale. Lasciando senza risorse familiari, di risorse o di protezione.  È inoltre possibile sembra quella di chiedere a un livello di obbedienza, che è previsto all'interno della famiglia, ma è raro fuori di esso.    (  Translation:    This is all completely off the Family books and needs to stay that way.  Thus leaving you without Family assets, resources or protection.  You also seem to be asking for a level of obedience that is expected within the Family, but is rare outside of it.  )

I'll admit 10K is appealing, not so happy with it all at the back end.  Considering the potential opposition and lack of any other known back-up we will need to do some gearing up.  The better we do that the better our chances of succeeding.  Having discussed this I have come to a modest sum that would ensure we are adequately geared to deal with the level of threat involved.... 2K should cover everything.  Granted the greater cost is for Doc, emergency medical supplies, and all things considered I fully agree on his need.  
As for that obedience bit.  This is not the Family.  There isn't that structure of Familial obligation and dreck to bind us to you.  We also don't know you well enough to trust you that completely.  You need to give us better reasons than the 10K to follow you that blindly.  If it's part of a decent plan that doesn't involve one of us having to get geeked, then we're good.  Pull this thing off without a hitch and we may just start trusting you that much.  Solo, a meno che non siamo tutti "famiglia", non sempre si aspettano da noi che si comportano come una famiglia.    (  Translation:  Just, unless we all 'join the Family', don't ever expect us to behave like a Family Crew.  )

So Tony I gives youz a tic to tink about dat counter-offer.    Antonio mimics Tony's own fake mobster slang.  His whole body buzzing with tension.  Despite his calm words it was drecking hard to break years of ingrained habit, effectively telling off a Made Man...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fixer's Delight Reboot   Fixer's Delight Reboot - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fixer's Delight Reboot
Page 2 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next