Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeGear/Equipment concepts SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Gear/Equipment concepts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
CrowDancing

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2012-05-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Gear/Equipment concepts Empty
PostSubject: Gear/Equipment concepts   Gear/Equipment concepts EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 3:40 pm

I have been thinking about the use of RFID's in the game lately and have come up with some ideas.

One idea is a mini and micro drone mod. Have a compartment containing RFID tags and an adhesive dispenser built into them. Then the drone can plant RFID's on desired targets.

Another idea is to have a micro weapon that shoots, launches, an RFID tag(s) in a small adhesive substance.

Any other interesting ideas? Any ideas on how to achieve the above?
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Number of posts : 1442
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Gear/Equipment concepts   Gear/Equipment concepts EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 6:29 am

Most RFID's in RL are usually embedded in a sticker. So the idea of a drone just caring around a bunch of stick on RFID tags is totally reasonable.

As far as a weapon, any weapon could have tracker/stealth tag rounds in it. But I'm guessing you want something more subtle. I can't think of anything off hand that would be low powered enough to launch a substance far enough & get it to stick without alerting the target. Doesn't mean it isn't possible, I'm just not seeing anything.
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll

PostSubject: Re: Gear/Equipment concepts   Gear/Equipment concepts EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 8:13 am

There was an episode of Burn Notice that used RFIDs that were pretty so small as to be completely unnoticeable. They filled the air and covered the skin hair and clothing of the target, and then satellites were able to track the target. I don't know if real RFID are that small but I think SR4 RFIDs could be. Then the drone could 'spray' the target with them like a crop duster.
Back to top Go down
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
CrowDancing

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Gear/Equipment concepts   Gear/Equipment concepts EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 8:17 am

Heh, that's what is stumping me currently. One concept idea is to use cyber/mechanical version of the spidersilk gland.
Back to top Go down
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
CrowDancing

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Gear/Equipment concepts   Gear/Equipment concepts EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 8:21 am

I believe that the in-game RFID's are small enough to do that. The drawback being you now have a cloud of RFID's that will behave much like dust particles and may in fact just 'hang' in the air for some time. It also leaves them at the mercy of any air currents and as a result may also cover more targets than intended.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Gear/Equipment concepts   Gear/Equipment concepts EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 8:54 am

While wind might still come into play, unless it was really bad you can over come that by getting the drone close enough.
Back to top Go down
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
CrowDancing

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Gear/Equipment concepts   Gear/Equipment concepts EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 9:22 am

In-game the RFID's can be made microscopic. In fact I could set it up to work like a very fine aerosol misting.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Gear/Equipment concepts   Gear/Equipment concepts EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 9:29 am

Sure, if they can be in nanites/food why not in spray cans? That hissing sound might be a bit of a give away though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gear/Equipment concepts   Gear/Equipment concepts Empty

Back to top Go down

Gear/Equipment concepts
Page 1 of 1