Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeChance at the Majors IC - Page 21 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Chance at the Majors IC

Go down 
+2
CrowDancing
Wreck
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Number of posts : 1442
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Race: Human
Sex: Male

Chance at the Majors IC - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 21 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 6:58 am

Sachi's Sushi:
Tywin takes a few minutes looking through the data that Smoken D sent him. I see two times in which the facility will be both vulnerable and on heightened alert. Using the first truck will mean we have to be in and out in under an hour to avoid the second truck. But given a Police response of no less than ten minutes, it seems like an option. The second truck means more time after the initial engagement as far as a response from DocWagon. We still have the police problem. Unless our decker can jam their outgoing signals? If we just try and take the facility by slipping over the fence like I wanted to do last night, we can avoid the heightened security altogether and have total surprise on our side.

HardWire:
The Ork quirks an eyebrow at HardWire's response, then starts laughing. Let him go he says! Jones, what do you think?

The human's eyes come back into focus on the real world and he looks at HardWire. Well, his SIN has him as working for a Maho LLC. He and the owner do share the same surname and he kinda looks like the guy. So that part of his story seems legit.

Hmm... The ork musses for a moment. I don't know about this "I have to pick up a delivery," drek though. And he did run a red light. Did he look like he was handling that board a bit erratically? I think he might be operating that thing under the influence. Get the kit, we should drug test him just to be safe.

The human turns and returns to the unit and starts rummaging around in trunk.
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Number of posts : 612
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Night Fist
Race: Ork
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 21 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 8:51 am

HardWire is grateful not to be even on one psyche pill right now, He does his best to compile with what the two cops drug test. Drake I have places to go to and this might get me a ticket and snag me out of a bit of my up coming nuyen. This coppers might be a pain atleast they talk before they run you through those guys on the last delivery just wanted to run me through a brick wall.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 21 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 4:02 pm

Early in the morning:

Tywin hadn't slept much again. He spent the few hours after he had disarmed himself, checked his security suite, locked up, and showered, tossing and turning in his cot. This mission seemed eerily familiar to him, in almost a supernatural way. His mind wandering back to the same mission that had been haunting him the entire night as he tried to get the entire team to do an insertion into the base, but they all resisted his leadership. What were they afraid of, how new are these kids? Easy there Papa Lion, we were green at one point ourselves

Round 1:

Tywin had ducked under the high pitched whine of a low flying drone, one that by the looks of it, had a bayonet attached to the front, and explosives on the back. With one smooth motion he notched and loosed and arrow that lodged into the chest armor of the soldier that had failed to sneak up on him, spun on his heel and loosed a second arrow that lodged into the armor of the drone. The thin mono wire connecting the arrows forever linking the two as the drone's controller panicked, kicked his speed into overkill and dragged the offending soldier away from Rats catatonic form and smashing his head into the plasti-crete wall nearby. The Drone having been snagged by the now stuck and unconscious body rammed itself into the ground and turned itself into a tumbling ball of flame that flung itself into an awaiting line of charging soldiers., a few milliseconds later a pressure wave spread over the intruders, leaving a small crater where the squad had once stood. "That never gets old."

Tywin's smile was short lived, he knew the stakes better then to let one victory get the best of him. They had taken out three small squads of soldiers that were probably just there as a diversionary tactic, probing the base for weaknesses and judging the strength of it's defenses. He knew this because it is exactly what he would do. He gritted his teeth as he check on Rat's catatonic form, his mind racing in the hacker dream world when he went full sim, trying to get a hold on the bases automated defenses that would have been deactivated for this exercise. Papa Lion, This is Angel. Rat hooked me up with the external camera's that you had originally ordered deactivated prior to our insertion, it seams he took some liberties and just set them to a loop. In either case, you need to see this.

He glanced over his shoulder to the still form of his comrade and took off on a full run to the southern wall that had lit up on his radar, the faint crackle of static as Angel signed off the comm channel. A few feet from the wall, Tywin had pounced up to the corner and sent his eyes to the horizon, where he saw something that would haunt him for many nights to come. Along the tree line, he saw headlights showing setting up along what was going to become an entrenched enemy force, where he saw dozens of soldiers setting up a blitzkrieg of armored vehicles. "Interesting."

present:

Tywin takes a few minutes looking through the data that Smoken D sent him. I see two times in which the facility will be both vulnerable and on heightened alert. Using the first truck will mean we have to be in and out in under an hour to avoid the second truck. But given a Police response of no less than ten minutes, it seems like an option. The second truck means more time after the initial engagement as far as a response from DocWagon. We still have the police problem. Unless our decker can jam their outgoing signals? If we just try and take the facility by slipping over the fence like I wanted to do last night, we can avoid the heightened security altogether and have total surprise on our side.

Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 21 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 4:54 pm

Siona spoke up: "do those trucks have windows I can see through? As long as I can see the driver, I can make him stop the car. As long as there is a driver." She had another idea. "And if I can make him stop, I can make him give us a ride, too." She smirked. "Whether he knows it or not."

She just hoped the spell would work. She hadn't used it yet. Of course she had practiced casting it in the safe space of her lodge. But that was different. I'm O'Finnegan. Of course it will work. I must not doubt my own powers, she thought. Outwardly, she was a perfectly calm Elven Lady. With the perfect part stressed out as much as possible. Siona covered her own insecurity up that well, she believed in her superiority herself in the end.
Back to top Go down
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
CrowDancing

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2012-05-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 21 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 8:06 pm

Having sated himself sufficiently to be able to ignore the food and focus fully on the others, he nods at Tywinn as he wipes his hands and face. If we use the delivery shipment as our entrance the second shipment would be the better bet. We can scope out the first one and see how it flows to refine our approach on the second. It really depends on their security process and the vehicles used. If they run it like Ares the vehicle will be rigged and any unplanned stop will trigger an automatic alert. Meaning we will need to hit it at a traffic stop or while it's moving. More data Hardwire needs to slice for us. As for going over the wall, I'm not convinced. Like I said this morning Tywinn, convince me. Break it all down for me, logic and reason, before I'll green that idea.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 21 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 6:50 pm

Catalina Sushi Table:

“We got no guarantees on the wall, far as I can tell... But then I never breached a wall Well not fortified wall and it was no breach I’ll tell you that” Catalina spoke up then added in a perky voice of enthusiasm “But I’m always willing to try new things  and that does sound like fun with a low success rate attached, I only say that  because you Tywin seem to be the only one capable and or trained to pull that off I might be able to… no promises…” She sat back and thought for a while then finished with “We could always enter when the supply truck enters all but invisible if Raen can hack a few of us at a time…” Killer Cat had been good at taking orders and assessing the best way to get those orders met but she was having trouble planning this out it looked like a meat grinder from the wall perspective she thought and with only a few minutes window a confrontation on the wall was not to their advantage, Also the hitch a ride on the drone did not seem to have a high success percentile unless Raen taxed herself a bit… There had to be some middle ground...
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 21 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 7:37 pm

HardWire:
After about 20 minutes waiting for the results followed by a long lecture about slowing down and following the rules of the road, HardWire is on his way again.

Sachi's Sushi:
Martha let's Smoken D know that she has arrived at the indicated coordinates. Checking through her sensors though, he doesn't see HardWire anywhere in the vicinity.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 21 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 7:13 am

Catalina Sushi Table:
Killer Cat started looking at the info in front of her as would any operative with a keen trained eye... She thought about her last statement... “How would that even work”  but her gears grinded to a halt when she comes back to reality, and she starts grinding out exit situations, But she was getting ahead of herself KC knew. Still no entrance strategy was reaching out to her.  She decided she would peep out what the others had to say and see where her thought patterns all went...
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 21 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 2:55 pm

With the law off his case HardWire goes back to skating his delivery. Aces I'm glad the old man payed some good creds for the SIN and licenses, and team Silver Dragon comes through again. Best make haste once Johny law is out of sight. As a few blocks pass by HardWire wounders what the group is up too. Hopefully the group can wait for me to get there.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 21 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 5:57 pm

HardWire:
HardWire is able to finish the pickup and makes it back to the shop with little difficulty. His old man is piss, however, it is just after 11 by the time he strolls in. Where have you been? The buyer will be her in less than an hour and I still need to prepare! Why weren't you here this morning? You know how important this shop is, both to us and the rest of the family. You need to learn to be more responsible. His tirade continues as he quickly starts grabbing vials and jars from the shelves. Watch the store while I finish this. I just hope I have time!

Smoken D:
11:06 AM, Smoken D gets a buzz from Martha, the vehicle's sensor's picked up a signal matching HardWire's commcode. However, there is no confirmation that the vehicle is in route.

Back to top Go down
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
CrowDancing

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 21 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 7:13 pm

For Frag's sake.  He curses as Martha buzz's him about Hardwire.  Give me a tic here.  He reaches out to Martha and looks through her sensor's, not spotting Hardwire he gives Martha a high speed recall order then pulls his attention back to the restaurant and the others.  His good mood now scattered by the dark rain of reality he curses again as he notices the cigarette nestled between his fingers before stuffing it back into it's pack.  Fragging slicer's slotting around.  

He sends a call to Hardwires comm.  What the frag's up?  I gotta do a meet now.  My doss, 13:00 latest.  Jack a johnny cab or something but fraggen be there.  

Looking at the others he sighs and shakes his head.  I have to pick up a package, Martha will be here in 20.  Let's meet back up at my doss around 13:00.  Tywinn, I still really do want your feedback. If not now then at 13:00.  As it is both options we've discussed have too many holes.  KC, can you go over it with Tywinn.  Sift the dross out and get something solid.  Raén, I think I need to know more about your magic.  Ride with me and spin out the spiel.  
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 21 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 11:35 am

HardWire has been having so much fun skating around and doing a quick look see at the up coming run, but when he gets shop that fades away. [color:5826=#green]Yes Sir, I'm sorry for the inconvence but you know I've been given a job by Mr. Kazuhiro it has been keeping me kind of busy. I will do what I can to pay you back by taking yours or moms shifts. I also have a meeting to go to soon, I'll stay as long as you need me but the job still needs me for a few more days. Any shifts I miss I'll make up later I swear. With that HardWire watches the shop for his Father as told to do so.

As HardWire keeps an eye on the shop he sends the group a message.

------------------MESSAGE-------------
To: Group

I'm just about done here if some one would pick me up at this address
<< Shop Address>>
I have to say here a bit longer but hopefully when the ride shows up I'll be free to go.

-----------------END MESSAGE--------------

Right after he sends the message he reads the message from Smoken D. Drake on a stick. Best call a cab. Once he get cleared to leave from his Father HardWire calls a cab to try his best to get to the meeting.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 21 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 3:59 pm

CrowDancing wrote:
Raén, I think I need to know more about your magic.  Ride with me and spin out the spiel.  
Siona pulled down her glasses, getting the data out of her field of vision to look at SmokenD directly. "If that's a ruse spend time alone with me...", she started in a serious tone, "it's working." Siona ended with a smirk and a wink. Of course it was all playful. I could never seriously concider someone like him as more than a business partner. She reminded herself about her obligation towards her race. Although I kind of like him, KillerKat.

"It's quite simple actually. I need to see my target. And an image link is not enough. And yes KC. I could get a few of us invisible. But only one or two at a time. And if you leave my view, so does the magic and poof, you are visible again." The four armed girl mused: "Do the delivery trucks even have windows? Or are they drones? I can't influence the people if I can't see them."

Back to top Go down
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
CrowDancing

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 21 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 9:59 pm

Standing up he flashes payment for their meal and pulls on his battered coat and smiles at Raén.  Flattery will get you many places.    He winks at her playful look then his face settles back into the tight frown of serious thought.    Not enough data on the transports, need Hardwire to dig up more.  I need to know your range, figure how to make use of it.  Broader concept first, like limits of the astral mojo and spells you know.    
Already stuffing a smoke into the corner of his mouth he gives KC a warm, shy smile and flashes her comm his apartment access code.  My doss at 13:00, just don't freak the neighbours.    He nods at Tywinn and walks out the front door before lighting his smoke, waiting for Martha to pull up and Raén to follow him.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 21 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 3:32 pm

In Martha:
The ride over to the drop went smoothly enough. There was one moment Smoken D was worried that he might have to loose a KE patrol unit, but they either didn't notice him, or didn't think chasing him down was worth the effort. Smoken D and Raén arrive at 11:48. The place is just as deserted as earlier, only now the OPEN sign is on.

Walking into the shop, he sees it's one of those take out only places with bulletproof windows between the staff and patron sides. There is a rotating window, where exchanges can be made, near the single register. There is an old woman on a stool by the cash register watching a TV mounted to the wall on her side of the divide. She doesn't seem to have noticed that customers have come in.

Maho LLC:
HardWire watches as the old 1/2 blind Ork Dog-Shaman sniffs at each pot and package. This was nothing new. The old conjurer came in at least twice a week to buy reagents and other materials. No good! No good at all! This is stale. I'll not pay full price for moldy leftovers. This also wasn't knew. Despite the way he looked, and his grumpy attitude, the old man could talk a turtle out of it's shell. If you weren't careful, he'd convince you to pay him to take your merchandise. HardWire never could figure out how the guy did it, but he never paid full price.

At 12:03 a burly human, nearly the size of an ork, wearing a collarless black suit walked in. He slowly removed his hat and glasses, handing them to his companion, a slim human female with a faux-hawk that almost reached the males head, despite her barely coming up to his chest. He stood quietly while she came toward HardWire. Without speaking, she shot a sharp glance at the ork. Her meaning was very clear, and not a suggestion. It was time he finished with his shopping today.
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 21 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 8:42 am

HardWire stands behind the counter at first he was worried he was going to get talked into a deal that his father would give him hell for later, but with the entrance of the two well dressed humans he is wonder now what is he in for. HardWire was going to offer his help in finding what the pair are looking for but he decides to watch the two a bit longer to see what they do. What do they want I wonder. They are not regulars. I guess I wait and see.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 21 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 2:23 pm

CrowDancing wrote:
Flattery will get you many places.    He winks at her playful look then his face settles back into the tight frown of serious thought.    Not enough data on the transports, need Hardwire to dig up more.  I need to know your range, figure how to make use of it.  Broader concept first, like limits of the astral mojo and spells you know.  
"Oh I know." She replied with a knowing wink back as she followed him outside. When they sat in Martha and drove on, she turned to him again. "You want to know what I can do? Well ok. I can make stuff fly around, as you have seen the other day. I can make people tell the truth, I can put ideas into peoples heads, I can make you look different or invisible, I can make stuff move on its own, I can shoot lightning and I can engulf myself in an aura of fire." Siona listed her spells in one long breath. Pride shimmered in her eyes.

"Then there are the spirits. I can summon them. One at a time. And they can be really helpful. If necessary, I can leave my body and travel the astral plane. That's about the magic I can do." The elf grinned. "Then of course there is what I can do without my magic." She put an arm around SmokenDs waist and leaned in closer. "Most of the time, I can get what I want just by asking nicely... very nicely. From any man. And even many women." She whispered in his ear sultry, then sat back on her seat. "And what can you do, big man?"

Later, Siona accompanied SmokenD into the store. Spirits! What a shed. And it smells of old people in here... and dust... Her delicate nose wrinkled while she took in the sights.
Back to top Go down
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
CrowDancing

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 21 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 4:21 pm

Darkon wrote:
She whispered in his ear sultry, then sat back on her seat. "And what can you do, big man?"
As Raén's arm slips around his waist he can feel her warmth seep right through his clothing into his skin while her scent suffuses his senses so thoroughly that he suddenly can't recall anything beyond the moment.  As she leans back his mind starts to clear, although he has to take several deep breaths before he can form words.  He answers her with more honesty than he intended.  I'm a glorified chauffeur with delusions of grandeur.  I can rig almost any type of vehicle or drone... well groundcraft, aircraft and anthroforms at least.  I understand and know more about electronics and software than most.  Well, except for hacking that is and Teckster was helping me with that.  I'm passable with vehicle weapons, smg's and automatics.  Sadly it all stems from being curious and never, ever forgetting anything.
As his voice winds down he gives himself a spastic shake and looks at Raén with a new level respect. the fear of magic he had suppressing returning at full strength.  Frag me, you really can pull peoples strings.  Subtle magic that.    He practically jumps out of Martha, taking several more deep breaths to help clear the panic from his system and regaining his composure.  Holy fragging dreck on a fragging pogo stick!  Fragging magic!  Hold it together you nullhoop, she's on your side.    Back in control of himself his features lock into a hard empty mask, showing nothing of his emotions.
Ready, he walks into the store, giving it a careful scan of the store before walking up to the grill in front of the register.  With a smile he bobs his head and speaks in fluent Cantonese.    Salutations and greetings.  I'll have a...    He checks the AR menu.    Number 4, number 10,  the white extra, and two orders of fried rice...    He checks the AR menu again, waffling between fake shrimp and fake chicken.    Number 7.    He finally decides on the shrimp.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 21 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 4:03 pm

Maho LLC:
The moment stretched as the human woman continued to stare at HardWire. If anything, her already steely stare only got harder and sharper as she continued to stare holes through HardWire's head. Her lips thinned until they practically disappeared. He was quickly getting the impression that she wanted him to do something.

That's when the old ork came shuffling up with several jars and small packets. The old man ignored the woman standing behind him and peered up at HardWire with his blind eyes. I'll take the lot, but I won't pay more 'n 500.

Run Run Shaw's:
The little old lady carelessly ticked off the numbers Smoken D was throwing at her. She stopped when he said "white extra" and gave him a funny look. It took her a moment to tick of his last order.

She yelled something into the back then turned back to to Smoken D. Fifteen minute. She said in broken English. 50. After checking the cred stick Smoken D gave her she turned to continue watching the TV. Muttering to herself and laughing every time her eyes landed on Smoken D. A little later a young man with a dirty apron walked up and placed two brown bags on the turn style, swinging it around so the opening faced Smoken D.
Back to top Go down
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
CrowDancing

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 21 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 4:19 pm

With a small, tight faced smile he nods his thanks to the young man before collecting his bags and returning to Martha.  As soon as Raén joins him he gives Martha her lead to take them back to his doss, triggering the windows to darken as he opens and looks inside both bags.    Fragging better be worth it.    Looking at all the food he just ordered, prompted by some perverse sense of humour even he can't predict, he wonders if Hardwire has eaten.  That thought leads to others and he also starts feeling somewhat guilty for his short response to Hardwire earlier and changes his mind, directing Martha back to Hardwire.    Hope the slot's hungry.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 21 EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 3:18 pm

KC Sushi shop:

Responding to D's order she said "umm? Sure thing D i'll clue him in no problem..." With that she Got up and let Tywin lead the way while walking behind him close enough that he could hear her without the use of sub-vocals but still not in ear shot of others she said "I think if your that confident in the wall entry you should go in that way My analysis of the place says we will need someone like a wild card i doubt anyone can cover you on our team though if your trained for infiltration, and climbing of course Just tell D your gonna make sure no one Jumps us from behind you can check out the tanks and listen in on our mics..."

They exited the sushi shop and she could not help but feel like she was being ignored she looked for reactions in the Ork's eyes but the golden steal Gaze was unwavering to say the least... She assumed he did not like her poking wholes in his plan but she probably was far from knowing what the ork was thinking "Hmph!" she verbalized her frustration at his silence. Perhaps he was thinking "You can drop me at the hotel thanks unless you wanna plan then I suggest your place..." Catalina had some thinking to do... but two heads were better then one she doubted it but if Angelo was hiding in wait again she did not want lion boy poking in her room...

in short order they were off going where ever he went to plan at his place or dropping her off at her room she had no way of knowing... Before parting she gave Tywin the run down of the options something for him to mull over in his mane and they went again there separate way...
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 21 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 11:37 am

HardWire was going to try and talk the old man into to paying full price for the items, then he figured that the two other customers where wanting to talk to him alone. HardWire does a quick check on his cost of the items to the offered 500 nuyen. Well we still make some money but no where near what we should be I guess I'll give in this one time with out a fight.

HardWire looks at the old man. Ok for today I'll let you have it at 500 nuyen. With that said HardWire looks over at the two new customers wondering what they have planed. I hope this will be worth the drop in profits.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 21 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 12:45 pm

Maho LLC:
The Ork scowls at HardWire, Yer supposed to barter lad!  Didn' yer daddy teach ya nothin'! I say 500, you say somethin' like. "You gotta be kiddin' me! It's worth twice that at least!" Then I say, What ya been smoken'? Fine, I'll give ya 6. Then you counter with, "I couldn't possibly let it go fer less 'an 900." And we do that till we reach a good solid middle ground. He hurumphs for good measure, tilting his head in the direction for the woman a few paces behind him.  Kids these days! Lazy, 'at's what it is, I tell ya. Lazy! His ol-man'd skin me alive if he thought I'd cheated his son that badly.

The woman's patience was obviously wearing thin. The older man behind her seemed to be made from stone. No expression touched his face, not even his eyes.
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 21 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 1:14 pm

HardWire can't help but smile at the old ork. You have made a good point I like your middle ground It will keep me from getting grounded. So 1000 and 500 middles out at 750. I'm glade to have such a hard working friend like you to help this store out. HardWire smiles thankful that his regulars are such a great group of people. So do we have a deal at 750 or do I have to do some hard work this fine evening?
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 21 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 9:36 am

The old ork, who had gotten the better of HardWire several times over the years he'd been manning the counter of his father's store, stood stock still. His jaw dropping open for half a beat before snapping closed with an audible click. Now wait a second son, wait a second. Who said anything about 750 being a good number? I was thinking more like 650.

At this point the woman has lost all semblance of patience. She leans in and whispers something harshly into the old ork's ear. His already gray face goes even more pale. He fiddles with his commlink and the store's node sends a pending transaction code to HardWire for 750 nuyen. He quickly sweeps the packets and jars into his satchel and makes for the door without another word or a backward glance.

The woman looks coldly into HardWire's eyes. When she speaks it is in high-formal Japanese, making it very clear that she is speaking to a subordinate. A very low one.

Bring your father.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors IC   Chance at the Majors IC - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chance at the Majors IC
Page 21 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next