Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomePast Tense, the second. OOC - Page 3 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Past Tense, the second. OOC

Go down 
+3
Twitch
Jagger
Darkon
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Past Tense, the second. OOC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Past Tense, the second. OOC   Past Tense, the second. OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 1:40 pm

Yes there is. In the upper right corner of your post, there should be a little x.

But you can just as well edit the post.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Past Tense, the second. OOC   Past Tense, the second. OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 7:30 pm

Whew! 6100 characters! I think that's the longest post I've written in one sitting ever.
cheers
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Past Tense, the second. OOC   Past Tense, the second. OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 11:16 am

Alright. First of all, Jagger, this is a wonderful post. Storywise as well as characterwise. Thus, you get awarded 3 Karma.

It's not the length, by the way. Although the length fits well.

I especially like how you describe the people, the world alltogether. And I like the grunty relationship Bishop and Aesop have. Although I have one question. Is their relationship a friendship or only business related? Does Aesop help Bishop out because he likes the fuzzy elf or does he expect to get paid? The way I read the post, both is possible, so I'd like confirmation.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Past Tense, the second. OOC   Past Tense, the second. OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 12:12 pm

First off, thanks Darkon!
Surprised

Aesop and Bishop are not actually friends per se, their relationship is somewhat unusual: Despite Bishop's firm belief that "magic" originates from a person's force of will, he often has to make use of the knowledge of magic from others. Aesop, in turn, tolerates Bishop's rigid stubbornness in the personally-held (and unstated) hope that he can eventually "turn the young paduan from the dark side."

I must admit I enjoyed writing that scene. All the 'opposing aspects' (i.e. old-young, psionics-magic, 'light' elf-dark elf) were fun to toy with. I almost made the talismonger a female, but 'Aesop' doesn't really fit a woman.

As for the societal scenery, I don't know if other players have the same 'block,' but I seem to only be able to 'pen' a lot of background color when my character is alone. I have no idea why this is.
confused
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2011-03-07

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Past Tense, the second. OOC   Past Tense, the second. OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 6:59 am

Sorry iv been away from awhile hopefully I didint miss too much...will work on a post today after i read everything
Back to top Go down
Twitch
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2012-06-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Twitch
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Past Tense, the second. OOC   Past Tense, the second. OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:27 pm

I may not be on very much for the next two weeks if at all, RL is getting int he way
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Past Tense, the second. OOC   Past Tense, the second. OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 10:40 am

Alright twitch. Take care. Smile

Given our pace, you won't miss much, I'm afraid. Wink
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Past Tense, the second. OOC   Past Tense, the second. OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 12:36 pm

I'm working on a follow-up post with Bishop and Aesop...sorry its taking so long. I've got some classes starting up in the first week of September and I've been busy preparing.

Darkon, I think you will enjoy my upcoming finale to the two elves' visit.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Past Tense, the second. OOC   Past Tense, the second. OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 2:00 pm

I'm looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Past Tense, the second. OOC   Past Tense, the second. OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 7:52 pm

Darkon, I wrote that post completely as cinematic. I didn't roll Drain since I was going to have Bishop go home and recoop anyway.
cheers
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Past Tense, the second. OOC   Past Tense, the second. OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 2:29 pm

That's alright Jagger. Very nice post once more. And the stun damage should have vanished after a good nights sleep.
Back to top Go down
Twitch
Meat
Meat

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Past Tense, the second. OOC   Past Tense, the second. OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 12:24 pm

Out of curiosity, have we actually had our characters introduced? Also I did jump ahead a little, I hope no one will feel pressured by that, I'll wait for everyone to catch up from there.

Last edited by Twitch on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Past Tense, the second. OOC   Past Tense, the second. OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 12:30 pm

Not really. They have exchanged names, some of them at least. But you broke up the meeting before you really interacted much.
Back to top Go down
Twitch
Meat
Meat

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Past Tense, the second. OOC   Past Tense, the second. OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 12:42 pm

Yeah, I guess I was a little impatient. That happens sometimes
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Past Tense, the second. OOC   Past Tense, the second. OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 12:51 pm

Don't worry. The whole game is pacing very slowly. I'm worried it might be on the verge of dieing again.

And I wonder why.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Past Tense, the second. OOC   Past Tense, the second. OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 1:31 pm

Kesslan, you can either use a latex facemask for availability 8 and 500 nuyen, or nanite paste mask for availability 12 and 500 nuyen. Both are programmable to change appearance. Using a computer and edit test. Max hits is the disguise skill.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Past Tense, the second. OOC   Past Tense, the second. OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 1:38 pm

Right but I'm not sure I can get avail 8/12 items on such short notice. I'd also be defaulting on the computer skill. Anyway there's some other disguise tools and the like in the books I just need to find it all though I'll likely grab the nanos at some point.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Past Tense, the second. OOC   Past Tense, the second. OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 2:03 pm

Hmm, looks like I should also try and snag an R3 Face case (Spy games. Adds it's rating to disguise tests, sort of a disguise tool kit. Avail 12 Cost 1500 for R3). EDIT: Looking over things to acquire something 'same day' it would need something in the realm of availability 4. Anything higher is highly unlikely to get unless it's also very cheap ( 100 nuyen or less is 12hr extended test instead of 1 day + extended test for anything over 100 nuyen.)

At this point I'd say just get the basics of some hair dye, eye colour changing contacts and a basic makup kit etc. Most of which can be just written off under lifestyle costs. The contacts I think may have an actual gear entry though.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Past Tense, the second. OOC   Past Tense, the second. OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 3:08 pm

Do you have any fixer contacts? Or someone in the business of disguise? If so, you may roll etiquette+charisma. With edge if you like. Maybe they lend you some of their stuff. At a cost of course.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Past Tense, the second. OOC   Past Tense, the second. OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 5:06 pm

Fixer would not actually be any benefit to me. It would cost me more (their connection rating markup percentage) and they would likely roll less dice than I do on the test. A PC can make the roll themselves or use a contact. The only time it helps is if the contact is specifically in the right business (such as a movie FX worker or better still the guy running a company that produces the raw materials etc such as paints, fabrics etc) or if you need to spend the time doing something else.

As an added note, the higher th connection rating, the harder it is to actually get a hold of the contact.

As a face i can do the legwork myself just as fast and with a slightly larger dice pool.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Past Tense, the second. OOC   Past Tense, the second. OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 5:18 pm

I see. Of course the price would increase with a fixer. On the other hand, he might have better connections. Other than that I agree with you. And it might have simply been faster.

I didn't know the higher the connection, the more difficult to contact. But it makes sense. I think loyalty should counteract that a bit though. Because, if you know someone well enough, they tend to give you a direct number. Wink
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Past Tense, the second. OOC   Past Tense, the second. OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 8:08 pm

Oddly enough by the rules it doesn't seem to have any impact at all. Basically for getting a hold of a contact you roll 1d6 and compare that to the contact's connection rating -1 or -2 (I forget which off the top of my head) and if you roll over the modified score, you manage to contact the person in question. The idea is that no matter how friendly they are with you (or not) keeping the level of connections they do keeps them constantly busy and as a result might not always be available to you when you need them.

That said for sure the right contacts may have some stuff on hand right away depending on what it was and if the contact was specialized enough or what you wanted was generalized enough. IE Wanting a gun and having a gunsmith as a contact. You can bet he will have something he can sell you though just what is the real question. Give him enough time and he can either make or get you what ever specific gun you want etc

Still the range of stuff I'm looking for has a 1 day interval so no matter what it would be a minimum of 24hrs to acquire the items in question (Masks, kits etc). Certainly not enough time to cover going to the museum the following day. But as we have an entire month to get the job done I can definitely get the gear the group would need to sport some decent disguises well before we need to actually do the break in.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Past Tense, the second. OOC   Past Tense, the second. OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 4:03 pm

I agree. And even if you don't have the right connection, one of your connections might. It takes more time and a slightly higher price, but nonetheless, you get what you need. Although for a civil visit at the museum, you won't need a disguise. Though then you should be very well prepared for the actual run. And better not leave any evidence. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Past Tense, the second. OOC   Past Tense, the second. OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:18 pm

Well it's more Twitch I'm concerned about than myself since I've got most the abilities required to make myself a shapeshifter of sorts. I mean if I was desperate enough I could grow a full beard in an hour (Though I would take 5 boxes of stun in the process) amongst other things.

Anyway since I don't have the time ICly at the moment I'll just look to grab a few basics available at any corner store and make due with that until I can spend the time to properly track down the necessary kits/equipment to fashion disguises for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Dr_Cynic
Runner
Runner
Dr_Cynic

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2010-01-16

Character sheet
Character Name: Alex Roaring Bear
Race: Troll

PostSubject: Re: Past Tense, the second. OOC   Past Tense, the second. OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 1:22 am

Ugh, I return from the grave.

Sorry for disappearing. Bad internet and RL obligations mixed with a bit of writer's block has kept me away. I'll post soonish, as soon as I catch up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Past Tense, the second. OOC   Past Tense, the second. OOC - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Past Tense, the second. OOC
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next