Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeA Time For Secrets OOC SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

A Time For Secrets OOC

Go down 
+4
Darkon
Kouryuu.LV
Gala
Kesslan
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

A Time For Secrets OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 9:25 am

BTW Gala, by 'threatened ground' I assume you mean they are using suppressive fire? I just wanted to check since in that case being prone is sufficient to avoid it, though anyone standing/kneeling is in danger of being hit. Should still let us return fire though as dropping to the ground is a free action if folk just want to do that. Also dont you still get a damage resistance test before applying damage? Or am I mistaken in my understanding of how those rules work?
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 2:06 pm

You'll have to show me the page number that gives "Prone" a free-pass on threatened ground. But, yes, I am referring to Suppressive Fire.

As for a Damage Resistance, you are correct. You get Damage Resistance (Body+Armor) before damage is applied. But none of you have rolled your Dodge rolls yet, so Damage Resist isn't relevant yet (or elected not to).
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 2:25 pm

It's right in the entry for suppressive fire.

Any character that is currently in the suppressed area (But not behind cover or prone) risks catching some flying lead
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 10:32 am

I guess my "GM Post" didn't really make it clear...

@Viking, you're up. Post when ever you're ready.
@Darkon: You're next. As soon as Viking posts, you're up.

@Kesslan: Feel free to post in a post for LT and Greifer whenever you're read. It doesn't look like Greifer will be posted in by Larz as yet.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2011-03-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Kouryuu.LV
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 12:06 pm

Gala wrote:
I guess my "GM Post" didn't really make it clear...

@Viking, you're up. Post when ever you're ready.
will be up in no time, waited to hear something from Ashe.

Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 12:09 pm

Viking is losing his move -complex
"Ashe you OK?" - free
Spirit - depending on the elemental attack - is it area or single, but the idea is to disrupt the Spell casting of the spirits, as it is the biggest threat from all.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 12:33 pm

The Valkyrie can't tell if it's area or single. But, that isn't actually important to the Counterspell skill (unlike in DND). If the Valkyrie is going to Counterspell, she can attempt it without knowing what spell is being cast. That said, it is not clear to the Valkyrie what is actually going on... Her initial "Perception" of the situation made her think that it might be a ritual spellcasting by three spirits which are not obviously spirits of man. She won't know more without a more detailed look, either Perception, or Assensing, at what is going on.

Also, Kesslan reminded us that you may "Drop Prone" to escape the Threatened area. You still will be unable to cast a spell, but it will allow you to move (albeit much more slowly than normal...) and speak.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 12:52 pm

I'll get a post up for them when I'm home from work then.

And ya, if your standIgnin suppressive fire, you can just drop prone as your free action, but you'll still have to make the reaction/damage resist test because you were standing/kneeling at the time.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 12:56 pm

Gala wrote:
The Valkyrie can't tell if it's area or single. But, that isn't actually important to the Counterspell skill (unlike in DND). If the Valkyrie is going to Counterspell, she can attempt it without knowing what spell is being cast.
with the single or area, i meant her electrical elemental attack. not sure what it is exactly. and i think she will attack not counterspell. she is more the worrier type after all
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 1:42 pm

Ahh, I see. Well, let's take a look... Guardian Spirit has an Optional Power of Elemental Attack, which is what I presume you are referring to when you say "electrical attack". If I am correct, then you should treat it as an Exotic Ranged Weapon attack, which will be single target.

@Darkon: Modify your post: You didn't get shot. You were already prone.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 2:13 pm

Does that mean I have a complex action to use? Or just that I don't get shot but need the action to cover myself?

Well Specter. But you know what I mean. Wink

Edit: The question already has been answered. Thank you.

Edit 2: I edited my IC post. I hope I did not took too much liberty in describing the spirit and it's actions.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 5:04 am

Not at all. And, we now have a little spirit party going on! Ashe has one in there. There were two opponents. The Valkyrie has arrived to join in on the fun. And now you're sending in a Beast!
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 12:53 am

Gala wrote:
Not at all. And, we now have a little spirit party going on! Ashe has one in there. There were two opponents. The Valkyrie has arrived to join in on the fun. And now you're sending in a Beast!
Sweet, party time.

My post is up. Reaction roll for Viking and astral perception [assensing] of the spirits at least one of them
attack for Valkyrie will be done next pass.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 11:37 am

@Kouryuu: You can't Perceive twice in a round. The first one is a free action, the second one takes a Simple Action. Since the Valkyrie did a Perception check, which you posted in OOC before, if you want her to do the Assensing test as well, that means that she can't attack this turn. Please let me know asap, so that I can finalize my GM post and put it up.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 2:30 pm

Kouryuu.LV wrote:
Gala wrote:
Sweet, party time.

My post is up. Reaction roll for Viking and astral perception [assensing] of the spirits at least one of them
attack for Valkyrie will be done next pass.

Gala wrote:
@Kouryuu: You can't Perceive twice in a round. The first one is a free action, the second one takes a Simple Action. Since the Valkyrie did a Perception check, which you posted in OOC before, if you want her to do the Assensing test as well, that means that she can't attack this turn. Please let me know asap, so that I can finalize my GM post and put it up.
I think I did say that it will happen next turn, or is there other problem?

OK sorry the IC has still the attack part in it, changing that.
and yes she is just checking out the surroundings - assensing,
and not sure here - reading her weapon - spirit summoned with shield sword and stuff right?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 7:11 pm

I'll have to re-check the books tomorrow, but in Astral, I don't think there is any difference between a "Sword" and her fists. It's all a question of Effects - i.e. how you choose to display the way that her combat happens. Again, I will check it tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 3:46 pm

Gala wrote:
[color=red]@Kouryuu: Since you've only used 1 simple action, you could (if you liked) use your second Simple Action to do yet another Assensing in an attempt to garner a better result. I'm not sure what else, of use, a spirit can do with a Simple Action...
true, he could assense the Human as well. one. and if it's still viable then could she take the delayed action now? next turn is the attack and as far as i know the delayed action can not increase the number of actions in a pass. if that's ok then driver of the boat would be the first target of the asensing.

2nd assensing
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 8:03 am

Ok, I did re-check the Spirit rules. The Valkyrie fights in Astral using Astral Combat (or any other Melee Combat Skill - For a Spirit, they are all the same). She doesn't come equipped with any special weapons, and neither does any other spirit. So, you can represent her fighting, from an effects perspective, any way you like. It could be a Sword. It could be a Lightning Bolt. It could be a scene from Xena! It can look like whatever best describes the image in your head of her fighting.

The Driver was shot, literally while the Valkyrie was starting to "pay attention" to him. However, looking down on the boat from above, the Driver's "Life Light" being extinguished showed her something else of significant interest. On the floor of the boat was a metahuman who had a strange combination of feelings about her. She was frightened and in pain, but it wasn't the kind of "frightened" that the Valkyrie would have expected from Soldiers who were in a battle-fear. It was the kind of defenseless frightened feeling of a child in the middle of a gunfight.
She was in perfect health, and NOT aggressive.
She was also obviously a Fox Shapeshifter.
She was Astrally Percieving (dual natured - it's automatic), and was aware of the Valkyrie, as well as the spirits doing battle above her.
Finally: She was a magically active Adept (and therefore could not possibly be responsible for the Spirits).
Oh, and she was now starting to be "disturbed" by the fact that the now-dead driver was falling on top of her. That can't be pleasant...

This information is so surprising that the Valkyrie immediately reports it back to you. And since this happened in "the past" at this point, you have an opportunity to inform the group of it. For simplicity, let's say that I am allowing you to take an "interrupt action" to use some of your coming Initiative Pass ahead of time.
Kesslan's actions have happened, as written. But you may interrupt before Ashe's turn. Post up as soon as you can.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 11:52 am

Hey All: Starcraft has just posted our newest recruit: "Alexia". Please extend your welcomes.

Alexia, as your characters are finding out, is trussed up and unceremoniously stowed on the floor of the Boat. So, since she is likely uncomfortable In Character, let's make our introductions to Starcraft as comfortable as possible out of character. Smile
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 11:57 am

*Offers a big hug* Welcome to the team Starcraft.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 12:14 pm

FYI: I appologize for not posting my GM post on Friday. It was a busy weekend. I just updated my previous post to include all missing actions (et al).

Viking: It's your turn.

[EDIT] Also: I have invited Starcraft to post on occasion with her thoughts/feelings in Narrative during the battle. It will keep her involved, and keep us amused! Even though she is, by definition, not part of the combat directly.
Back to top Go down
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
Starcraft

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexia Mooie Vos
Race: Fox Shapeshifter

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:19 pm

I look forward to working with you All Wink
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 9:12 am

@Kouryuu - It's Viking's turn.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 3:56 pm

Gala wrote:
@Kouryuu - It's Viking's turn.
If the boat is going to arrive soon next IP Viking is holding his actions, Valkyrie attacks I can repost the roll if needed.
if Viking can not hold his action. to IP 4 then he will stun bolt the Orb, as it seams to attack Ashe Or increase reflexes for Spectre so he gets extra 2, 3 IP..
Post will be up as soon as I get the notice from you.

And Welcome to the Team Starcraft. Big Hug From Viking king
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 6:51 am

@Kouryuu: Holding your action will allow you to act later in one IP, but you can't wait until a later pass. So, no, you can't wait for the fourth IP (unless you're saving your counterspelling action or something like that).
Viking may recall that both the Fire Spirit and the Orb (Guidance Spirit) appeared at Ashe's side simultaneously. It's unlikely that this spirit is hostile, as she has allowed it to stay with her for 3 action rounds before whatever happened.

You may attack the Orb, or cast, as you wish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC Empty

Back to top Go down

A Time For Secrets OOC
Page 1 of 43Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 43  Next