Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeA Few Odd Jobs -IC- - Page 2 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

A Few Odd Jobs -IC-

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DaedalusK71
Runner
Runner
DaedalusK71

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2011-12-18

Character sheet
Character Name: Kaneis
Race: Gnome
Sex: Male

A Few Odd Jobs -IC- - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -IC-   A Few Odd Jobs -IC- - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:18 am

Kaneis leans back in his imaginary chair, noting the reality of the feeling. You'd think they would have made these chairs with some lombar support....

So, ... You're giving us 10k and two names with the promise of another 20 if we return the girl unharmed... You do understand that these are long odds? We he waves to the other members of the meeting... cannot guarantee results and the 30k you put up is non-refundable. We will do all we can to find and recover the girl, unharmed if possible... alive at the very least.

Kaneis stands and looks to the others. I'm certain time is of the essence. I suggest we begin immediately. There's a pub nearby... 'Churchill's' I believe. We can meet there once we our business here is complete. He turns to the Johnson and coughs. There is the matter of the deposit and we'll be on our way...
Back to top Go down
DeKalb1616
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2012-01-03

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -IC-   A Few Odd Jobs -IC- - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 6:14 pm

Sundance tips his hat..

Churchill's it is. I could use a cold one.

Once disconnected from the system, he gathers up his things and heads for the door. The moment he steps outside, he pulls his pocket secretary out and sends two messages. The first is to his decker contact:

Need whatever you can dig up quickly on a "Fayette Meyers" who attends Rhododendron Conservatory. Just public access for now - don't go cracking any systems.

The second is a call to Patty's Pit Stop:

I need a couple of the boys to pick up my car at Churchill's Bar at this address and drive in back to the shop. See if whoever's in today will do it. I'll slip 'em a few creds for the service.

Sundance then sends a command to his van to activate autopilot and follow the provided route to Churchill's at acceptable legal speeds. He finally hops in the towncar and heads over to the bar.
Back to top Go down
NickelB
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2011-10-01

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -IC-   A Few Odd Jobs -IC- - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 3:37 am

knowing where his skillset is, Chuck sits back and listens to the negotiations at hand.

after it is all settled, he speaks up. "i'll meet you guys at the pub then."

after disconnecting he calmly walks down to the front desk to very politely ask for his knife back.

"i'm sorry for any uneasiness. I appreciate you holding on to it for me, have a nice day." with a smile he walks out of the building to meet up at churchill's.

Last edited by NickelB on Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -IC-   A Few Odd Jobs -IC- - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 6:11 am

The Johnson [Conference room]

"I'm happy that we have been able to reach a deal here. Someone there at VMI will have some certified credsticks and a halo of Fayette for you."
The deal having been reached the figure simply fades away [assuming, of course, that there are no more questions].

----------------------------------------------------------
Churchhill's

Churchhill's tries to fancy itself as a highclass establishment here in downtown Seattle, unfortunately the woodpanels and WWII memorabilia just weren't enough to draw in the higher clientel. So now they sell lower priced drinks (with a few select imports) and soyburgers (hey chummer, if you can afford real meat great but most people can't). If you look closely enough you can see the history of this place: the bar is real hardwood polished smooth, the tappers were hand carved, etc.

@Sundance

Red Wraith returning your call:
"Dance, good to hear from you. See the attached file, this was all I could get without digging deeper. This chick's gotta have some money but I couldn't get any hits at the banks. I could look deeper, standard rates that I charge for you of course."

Fayette Myers
age 17
Residence: Rhododendron Conservatory, Bellevue, Washington

Lone Star Record:
"....Ms. Myers was returned to the Coversvatory, no charges files...."
"....Found out walking in Bellevue, returned to the Conservatory..."
"...Picked up at in Snohomish and taken back to the Conservatory..."

Image search results:
There is a picture of Fayette with an elf wearing the colors of a go-gang standing by a Rapier.

Patty's Pit Stop:
"No problem Sundance, I'll send a couple of boys over. Hey, Skidmark wanted to know if you had his bike rebuild yet. Are you still working on that hunk or did he wreck another one?"

@Chuck

The Sec Guard hands you back your knife with a smile.
"No Problem Sir, have a nice day and thank you for choosing VMI for all of your matrix-conferencing needs."
"By the way, Kabar: good choice."
Back to top Go down
DaedalusK71
Runner
Runner
DaedalusK71

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -IC-   A Few Odd Jobs -IC- - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 6:19 am

Kaneis watches the others leave and marvels one last time at the realism of this place. Still, reality doesn't induce nausea. O.K. maybe it does but not like this...

Good day to you... he says just before he jacks out. Kaneis lay there in the couch for a moment, waiting for the world to stop spinning. Sitting up, he looks at the mirror and makes certain his mask is in place. Don't screw this up...

The technician, apparently prompted by some bit of automation, knocks on the door. Come in... Kaneis says loudly and fishes some cred from his pocket; tossing it onto the table. My thanks for your indulgence. he says and walks to the elevator.

Outside, Kaneis dials up Pockets, his fixer. [color=orange]Pockets... Kaneis... Listen, that job you hooked me up with, well it's complicated but you were right about the cred being good. It's time sensitive so I need you to pull some information on a girl named 'Fayette Myers' and a school called 'Rhododendron Conservatory'. And if you can scrape up a name and contact info for a hacker, I'd really appreciate it. I'll square with you when you call me back.

Recovering from the last waves of BTL induced nausea, Kaneis stands outside Churchill's and wait's for his new partners...
Back to top Go down
DeKalb1616
Meat
Meat

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -IC-   A Few Odd Jobs -IC- - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 6:54 am

Sundance will enter Churchill's and try to locate a booth or table away from any other patrons, preferrably on with a clear view of the door and any other possible enterances. If any of the others arrived before him he'll simply join them, but still try to sit where he can see the door.

Sundance places his pocket secretary on the table top with the GPS software active so he can monitor the progress of his van's journey. "autonav or no, I hate letting that thing drive itself..." Sundance double checks that he remembered to reset the paint scheme to it's default Sundance Shipping colors and logos. "It wouldn't do to have it pull up looking like a Lone Star prisoner transport like that last job" then settles in to wait for his new "partners".

"Seems Miss Fayette has been out and about with the right kind of people. Hmmm.... Those gang colors look familiar..."
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -IC-   A Few Odd Jobs -IC- - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:27 am

@Kaneis

Pockets:
"Fayette Myers and 'Rhododendron Conservatory,' Right, I'll call you back in a bit. I'll pass your Number to a few deckers I know, one will call you."
A little while later Pockets calls you back.

"I made some calls and I can't find much on Fayette, absolutely nothing till 3 years ago when she was enrolled at the Rhododendron Conservatory."
"As for the school itself, swanky place, here's the address, and a link to their matrix site."
"The Headmaster is Raymund Blum but the director, Anita Wood does most of the real work. The security is pretty good, gotts keep the CEO's brat safe after all. Their head of Security is a real ball buster from all indications."

And later you get a call from the Decker:
"Yea this is Angel of Darkness, or just AoD if you will, perhaps you've heard of me. Anyway got your name from Pockets, whatcha need chummer?"

@Sundance

The bar is jsut picking up as people are getting off work and stopping in for a drink or a burger but you manage to grab a booth with a good view, not the most private but begger's cant be choosers. The rest of the team files in and joins you. (and your truck will make it without problem)
Back to top Go down
DeKalb1616
Meat
Meat

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -IC-   A Few Odd Jobs -IC- - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 10:00 am

Sundance waives the waitress over. I'll have a draft of your finest Confederate Beer. In fact bring a glass for everyone. Sundance waits for his beer before joining in any conversation. When it arrives he takes a long pull from the glass, sighs contentedly, and holds the glass in both hands - admiring it. Finally, he thumps the table and declares:

OK - So what do we know? I was able to scrape up a little info on the way over here. Our quarry has recently been swept up and returned to her school by Lone Star no less than 3 times. I also have obtained a photo of her with someone in the colors of a piss poor excuse for a bike gang and a rapier that looks old enough to predate the Change. Anyone else have anything useful?
Back to top Go down
DaedalusK71
Runner
Runner
DaedalusK71

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -IC-   A Few Odd Jobs -IC- - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 10:09 am

@Pockets

Thanks Pockets. Any word on who enrolled her? Who her parents are?

@AoD
Heard of you? Sorry omae... I don't get out much. But Pockets says you're solid so that's good enough for me. What I have is a time sensitive problem and few details to solve it. I need information. There's this school see, Rhododendron Conservatory, ... yeah, uptight place for the cred-flush. I need you to pull any security footage with this girl. Kaneis sends the holo of Myers. Fayette Myers. I need her school records and any data you can pull from their servers with her name attached. I also need you to be invisible. In and out... clean. One other thing... any chance you can tell if someone else has done the same thing? There's a bonus in it if you can tell me who... Kaneis cancels the call as he walks up to Churchill's. He steps up to the hostess and smiles. Good evening Miss. I'm supposed to meet some clients here for drinks. I'm running a bit late so I don't know if they have arrived. Could you be a dear and page the 'VMI' party for me? I'll be right over next to the door. Thanks.

Once the group has moved on...
I assume you've all started pulling threads as I have. Color me paranoid but, given that our client, and who knows who else, were present when I suggested this place, I recommend we relocate before we discuss any ... sensitive subjects. Once safely away Kaneis relaxes slightly. I suppose introductions are in order. I am Kaneis, a mage of no repute. I don'tmind telling you I don't care for the way this is playing out... it's too vague... too ambiguous. But with the cred our Johnson is offering ... He nods to Ravian. Nice work back there by the way. I'm not gonna complain. I think we need to all get on the same page. Here's what I know... he says and ticks off points with his fingers.

1. Until Ms. Myers' enrollment in the conservatory 3 years ago, details are ... limited.
2. The conservatory is a high-end school with the ecurity you'd expect for such an establishment. I've got some names we might be able to press but might be tough.

I have a friend doing a bit of digging. We'll see what he turns up. Which brings me to the subject of money... Like you, I'm sure, I don't want to spend any more than I have to to get this job done. I'm also not interested in footing the bill for this endeavor. We have to work with what we got right? My suggestion is we each chip in 1500 to a common account. Any payments, equipment, bribes etc.. come from there. If there's money left over at the end, we split it back out three ways? Fair?

Back to top Go down
DeKalb1616
Meat
Meat

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -IC-   A Few Odd Jobs -IC- - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 11:11 am

If we could take a moment to enjoy this fine beer, I believe I have a safe location to hold any discussions. Sundance looks down at the screen on his pocket secretary. It should be here in about 15 minutes or so. The service isn't as good, but it should be safe from prying eyes. They call me Sundance by the way. I run a little delivery outfit out of Redmond. Nothing fancy, but we get the job done. I admit, I don't usually have to search out the package to deliver first, but a jobs a job.

About 15 minutes later, an Ares Roadmaster pulls up to the curb. It is obviously armored and has a design of a large box that has been lasso'd and tied to a saddle horn immediately under the driver's door. There is also a caption that declares "Making sure your packages don't ride off into the sunset - Sundance Shipping" Sundance knocks back the rest of his beer and offers, "If you folks are up for it, we could adjorn this meeting out there" and points to the truck.
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -IC-   A Few Odd Jobs -IC- - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 3:53 pm

@Kaneis

AoD's response before Kaneis heads into the bar.

"2k chummer, and I will get to it when I get to it. Of course there could be an expedite fee added if you're interested. Also if the host is higher level and theres a posibility of some black IC then the fee doubles."

[Also there are 4 members of the group. Chuck hasn't said much but he is still part of the team.]
Back to top Go down
DaedalusK71
Runner
Runner
DaedalusK71

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -IC-   A Few Odd Jobs -IC- - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 7:27 am

@AoD

Two thousand is a serious investment for 'when I get to it...'. For that kind of cred I wan't everything they have on Ms. Myers, ghost drives and all. and I'd need it now as opposed to when you can get to it. I may have been born 'at' night, but I wasn't born LAST night....

@Sundane
Sure, enjoy... How often do you get to do that, right? Kaneis seems uneasy sitting there while sundance enjoys his beer. Maybe it's because he is sitting with his back to the door, which is enough to set any runner on edge, but it seems like there's more of an edge as Kaneis constantly scans the bar as though he is looking for someone...

He visibly relaxes once they are outside and nods at the van. Nice...

[sorry Chuck Smile]
Back to top Go down
DeKalb1616
Meat
Meat

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -IC-   A Few Odd Jobs -IC- - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 10:16 am

Sundance ushers the rest of the group out to the van after paying the tab. Inside their are 4 bucket seats, the front two swivel around to face the rear allowing for a face to face conversation for up to four people. It also immediately becomes apparent that there is not as much interior space as there should be. Sundance climbs into the driver's chair (built specifically for a dwarf) and jacks into the dash.

Everyone grab a chair. I'd like open by saying I am OK with creating a common fund for expenses. 1500 a piece will create a central fund of 6000 which should be enough ... I hope.

As I mentioned briefly inside, a buddy of mine is a decker and he gleaned some quick info from the matrix. Seems our little girl has been ushered home by the local sherrif's a few times. She's also been seen in the company of the Double Devils, a piece of drek go gang out of Snohomish (sp). From what else I've heard it sounds like she's a ghost prior to three years ago.

I'm open to suggestions as to where to begin. I know where the go gang she's been seen with hangs out, though I've never had any dealings with them directly.

Also, the resources you see around you are at your disposal. In addition to the van itself, this baby has a contintingent of recon drones available to it. I was considering taking a looksee at the conservatory itself with this one.
A metal tarantula crawls out from under the driver's chair and scrambles up into Sundance's lap. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -IC-   A Few Odd Jobs -IC- - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 6:39 pm

@Kaneis

AoD:
Ok call it 1500 plus a 500 expedite fee. deal?
Back to top Go down
NickelB
Meat
Meat

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -IC-   A Few Odd Jobs -IC- - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 5:59 pm

[Sorry for the lapse in posts. I'm goona try to toss together a big update starting from leaving VMI]

After leaving VMI with a smile, Chuck can't help but be nervous about this job. He dials up his fixer Scooter as he walks towards the bus stop.

"Hey Scooter. I need you, or someone you know to dig up everything you can on that johnson you set me up with. something seems odd about her and I want to know why. call me back with what you can do."

Public transport all the way. He tries to clear his mind and relax as he watches the buildings go by. eventually he gets off the bus and hoofs into the rest of the way up to Churchill's.

After meeting with the group. he listens to their conversation, and follows them out to the van. he gets in a takes a seat and continues to listen to the information the others have gathered.

"I'm ok with pitchin in 1500 creds, as long as we split the leftovers FOUR ways when we're done?" Chuck says this with a slight laugh.

[and its ok Kaneis, I have been awfully quiet. i'm just pretending your character just misspoke.]
Back to top Go down
DeKalb1616
Meat
Meat

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -IC-   A Few Odd Jobs -IC- - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 4:24 am

Sundance transfers the necessary funds to the appropriate joint account. As he finishes the transaction he leans back in his command chair and scratches his scruff under his chin.

Ya know, there are a couple things that ring odd as a five legged horse in this whole thing. The Johnson is either an excellent actor or a rookie, but there is some information and comments that make me wonder. If the information my hombre gleaned from the public data is correct, then our lil miss has wandered off before, including in the company of this ganger, and been retrieved - or at least found and returned - by Lone Star before. This begs the question - what is different about this time that the Johnson feels the need to hire pros like us? A quick glance around this van leads me to one easy conclusion - we are not "private investigators". We are skilled individuals who get things done - often involving violence - outside of normal channels. The Johnson even seemed to consider the idea of Lone Star before discarding it, like she hadn't thought of it before. If Lone Star has brought this gal back three times to the conservatory then they should be one of the first things they'd think of.

I don't know what it all means yet, but it makes me nervous. Could be this is just some school marm all a flutter over her missin lamb like she's pretendin to be. Could be she's a wolf looking to cull that lamb out of her protective flock too. I'm not sure I rightly care one way t' other, but I'd like to know what I'm facing. As much as I hate to suggest spending some of that money already, I'm thinking someone needs to take a crack at the Conservatory itself to see if this story is on the up-and-up. I know a decker who's pretty slick if no one has any better ideas - and I'm thinking I might do a little remote recon of the place too. At least a fly-by... I'd hate to hunt this gal down only to find out the reason she isn't at the conservatory is because they are on Spring Break.
Back to top Go down
DaedalusK71
Runner
Runner
DaedalusK71

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -IC-   A Few Odd Jobs -IC- - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 6:00 pm

Kaneis nods. I thought it odd as well that the J didn't want to involve the law but for the kind of money she's shelling out, I won't argue. Good catch on the ganger in the holo... I think it's as good a place to start as any. I got a hacker on the line as well, though I don't know him, just a good reference. If you trust your guy, find out what it'll cost us to have him snoop around in the school and dig up whatever they have on the girl. My sources say the school is locked up pretty tight. I say we see what the hacker turns up and follow the ganger lead in the mean time. you might have him plant some info as well... something to give us an 'in' if we need to go there later.
Back to top Go down
DeKalb1616
Meat
Meat

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -IC-   A Few Odd Jobs -IC- - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 4:47 am

Can't hurt to at least get a quote. Just a sec...

Sundance's eyes unfocus a little as he accesses the van's comms from his datajack.

Hey Wraith, got a possible line on a gig for you. Need someone to crack a school - a corp school. Rhododendron Conservatory. Looking for any information on a Fayette Meyers and any issues involving her - disciplinary actions, school schedule, roommates, parents, shoe size, etc... It would also be quite helpful if you could access their facilities section and find a parcel that needs to be picked up and mark it for pickup by Sundance Shipping - not priority, just something that could be picked up anytime in the next few days. Might give us a way in if we need one. Poke around the perimter of the system and let me know what you think it might cost you to crack it if you can.

His eyes refocus on the team. Sent off the message and I'll see what she says. In the meantime I can roll out towards the Double Devil's territory. Might be worthwile to run by the shop and put my bike in the back of the van. Double Devils are a go-gang and, while I've never run into them before, they usually respect speed. Might give us an in if we need one. Not too many gangers, even go gangers, that can match me on a rigged cycle. What I'm not great at is playing nice with other gangs, so someone else might want to take lead on any conversations. Sundance chuckles a bit and pats his hip. Ole' Hawk here usually does most of the talking for me when it comes to that.
Back to top Go down
DeKalb1616
Meat
Meat

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -IC-   A Few Odd Jobs -IC- - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 11:03 am

I thought I had posted this before - but maybe I hit preview instead on accident...

The engine roars to life and the van leaps from the curb into traffic. Sundance prattles on amicably:

I won't bore you with technical specs, but it might be right useful to know a little bit about Miss Bella here. She's armed and armored, with plenty of protection for riders. Comfy-est ride this side the Mississippi. While she can't outrun pursuit cruisers, she damn well outrun anything her size, and a few things smaller. Got a small cadre of drones too. Mostly recon models, but I do have one combat VTOL in the arsenal.

I can drive pretty much anything on wheels, and choppers too. Heck, given a little time I can probably drive just about anything. Fix 'em too. Machines just talk to me. Seems people are what give me trouble. I can handle ole Hawk alright, but I'm far more comfortable right here. Seems a might safer for a guy like me. Under that seat there is a fully customized sniper rifle for those times I can't stay here but you still need some fire support. Oops...

The van swerves into an alley and pulls to a stop. Sundance appears to be checking out the area carefully, there is a light hum, and then the van pulls forward out of the other end of the alley onto a parallel street. The passenger in the front notices the hood of the truck has changed - it is now white with UCASExpress logos.

I also have a shop with reliable hands keeping an eye on it if we need a place to crash.

Oh, just got a message from my Decker buddy. She says she can take a crack at the school for 950 plus a favor. I have no trouble owing her - have before - but I might ask ya'all for help on that favor since it is a team effort here, right?
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -IC-   A Few Odd Jobs -IC- - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 6:11 am

Ravian introduces himself and ponies up the cash for the group fund.

"My name is Ravian, i'm a pretty good talker but i'm even better with these." He open a duffel bag and pulls out a few pistols and SMGs, he proceeds to arm himself. "I'm also a decent wheelman if the need arises.".

"Go ahead and wire your decker the funds and see what she can dig up. Lets check out those gangers, seems as good a lead as any."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Snohomish Dump.

Sundance drives the party North, eventually you see a mountain of garbage rise up in front of you. Pulling around to the gate you see a couple of elves wearing the gangs black leathers.

Spoiler:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Sundance

Wraith gets back to you a while after the funds are transferred.

"Dance: Myers tuition is an automatic deduction from a confidential account in the orbital, and if you think i'm going to go digging up there you are sadly mistaken. Anyway there is a report here saying that after Ms. Myers most recient trip 'beyond the walls' she was taken to the Juzu Clinic for examination. No record of abuse or drug use, but she was scheduled for a followup. Also her grades have been slipping this past year.
"I scheduled an appointment for you to visit the facility, you are a research team checking the facility for a Mr. Johnson."
She giggles a bit at the humor. "time is for 'whenever I Fraggin' please'" She does her best impression of a grumpy dwarf, its not very good.

"Also, seems like someone else was poking around in the sytem as well."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Chuck

Scooter calls you back.
"Well Drek my friend I told you before that I didn't have much on this J. I went back through my records and those have all vanished somehow. I called up VMI to try to find out if the meet even happened, and they couldn't tell me much, did verify that a meeting happened and was paid for."
Back to top Go down
DeKalb1616
Meat
Meat

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -IC-   A Few Odd Jobs -IC- - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 8:45 am

Thanks Wraith, as agreed I owe you one. Hope you enjoy the bonus.

Sundance shares the details Wraith provided and adds ... might be our lost lamb has a bun in the oven, or did. How embarassing for the school...

Well boys we're here... This is where you guys do all the talking.

Sundance chuckles to himself, then begins prepping for possibilities. First he runs a quick system check to make sure everything is as it should be and puts the turret on stand-by. He also activates a crawler drone and has it move into position at the drop ramp. When the other team members engage the gangers in conversation Sundance deploys the drone and begins scanning for what would probably be their main hangout. He will move the drone into the area and begin looking for either Fayette, or the boyfriend.
Back to top Go down
DaedalusK71
Runner
Runner
DaedalusK71

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -IC-   A Few Odd Jobs -IC- - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 11:46 am

Kaneis eyes the entrance for a moment. Sundance... Pull up over there. Yeah near the dumpster. Think you can get an aerial recon? I'll have a look around inside...

Kaneis slows his breath and closes his eyes. The sounds of the street, the smell of leather and sweat, the ache in his lower back How come nobody gets seats with back support? all fade away, only the sound of his own heart beat pulsing in his ears. Opening his eyes once again, the world has changed. Or, the veil has been pulled aside and revealed the real world, he cannot ever be certain.

Kaneis stands and looks back at his physical body. It is a stark contrast against the dull grays and browns of all the equipment surrounding him. Looking at the others, he takes a moment to evaluate them...

Stepping outside the van, Kaneis starts by making a quick loop around the building, keeping an eye out for magical threats as well as the mundane.

OOC
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
DeKalb1616
Meat
Meat

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -IC-   A Few Odd Jobs -IC- - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 12:02 pm

Sundance tips his hat. Eye in the sky coming up.

He pulls the van behind the dumptster and takes a quick look around to make sure no one is watching. When the coast is clear the roof rack swings up, the roof of the van hinges open, and a large drone lifts off vertically out of recessed bay. As soon as it is clear of the van the doors close, the rack drops back down, and the engines on the drone tilt as the drone shifts from vertical to horizontal flight. With incredible speed the Wolfhound leaps into the sky.

Sundance remains motionless in the seat and focuses on his two drones. The Wolfhound attains a good altitude and begins to circle slowly as Sundance checks out the area. The crawler moves as directed towards its original target as identified by the Wolfhound - wherever the main hangout appears to be.
Back to top Go down
NickelB
Meat
Meat

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -IC-   A Few Odd Jobs -IC- - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Watching as the two slip off into their own realities, Chuck quietly steps out of the van to have a better vantage point for lookout. Crouching behind the dumpster, he watches for anyone or anything that might be watching us. From there he waits patiently, staying observant.
Back to top Go down
DeKalb1616
Meat
Meat

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -IC-   A Few Odd Jobs -IC- - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 3:54 am

Sundance recalls the crawler to the van and has it stow itself. He sets the Wolfhound into a high(ish) altitude spiral search pattern, slowly widening the spiral and begins mapping out the area. He focuses on traffic patterns, watching for locations larger numbers of gangers move to and from - and obviously for Fayette herself.

Well ya'll, its tough to spot a pile of garbage among a pile of garbage. No sign of the girl or an obvious hindin' places, though they wudn't be hidin' places if they were obvious. Sundance has come to the decision only he gets his jokes, and also that he doesn't care - he laughs anyway. "Somebody is gonna have to talk to these boys - or we're gonna need to just wipe 'em out and check the corpses."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Few Odd Jobs -IC-   A Few Odd Jobs -IC- - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Few Odd Jobs -IC-
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next