Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeLiving on the Edge - IC - Page 2 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Living on the Edge - IC

Go down 
+3
Aalith
No_Name
DaedalusK71
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

Living on the Edge - IC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - IC   Living on the Edge - IC - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 8:33 am

Z [Conference room after Mr. J's Speech]

A young human woman rises out of her seat. She pauses for a moment for dramatic effect. When she speaks you all know that she is well spoken and used to be being listened to.

"Mr. Johnson, thank you for this opportunity to work with your employeer. We do appreciate this opportunity and, as we are all professionals, I am sure we will all do our upmost to secure the package and deliver it to the drop point safe and sound. And of course there are several questions and concerns that I have as well as my companions." She indicates the rest of the team sitting at the table.

"First as my friend here mentioned, there is a possible problem with having a fixed, predetermined location for the package. Perhaps if the asset was in constant motion that it would be safer. You stated that the package be kept in a certain room of the safehouse, why? I am sure there are reasons and those reasons may preclude the moving target option. What does that room possess that any other hidey hole would not?"

"Second, we need to know what type of opposition is expected. We are to take possession of this package; if to be violent or are they just handing it over. If violence is needed or expected what kind of defense are we up against? Also what kind of force will come seeking this package out? We need to know what is expected so that we can plan for that eventuality. I want to succeed, you want us to succeed, and above all your employeer wants us to succeed so we need to know this sort of information."

"Third, I do not expect you to tell us what is in the package, but we do need to know the nature of its contents. If we drop it and hit a pot hole is it going to explode or release a neuro toxin? Is stange and alien creature going to pop out and attack itself to one of our faces? We need to know the nature of the package so that we can, again, insure success of this job. Of course you simply telling us what is in the package would be easiest."

"The final order of business is this piddly sum that you are offering for this job. 2k is enough to get us in the room but for up to four days of work and possibly risking life and limb then we will need much greater compensation."

Z Sits down to await the response from Mr. J and her team mates.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
DaedalusK71
Runner
Runner
DaedalusK71

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2011-12-18

Character sheet
Character Name: Kaneis
Race: Gnome

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - IC   Living on the Edge - IC - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 9:34 am

Johnson smiles and stands. It is my understanding that the package requires a specialized environment that is sensitive to disturbances. The safehouse has been properly equipped to handle it. It is not dangerous to you in any real sense other than the interest it may garner. Interest which, as I said, may try to take the item by force. As to the size and scope of that interest, I cannot say. The point of this exercise He sounds frustrated; clearly he is uncomfortable and lacks information he is accustomed to having. is to be covert. So you will need to take whatever precautionary measures you feel necessary within the bounds of the contract... job requirements. As to the pay; I will remind you that the going rate for security services is two-fifty a day plus per diem. The employer has doubled that amount. I should say two-thousand dollars in four days works out to one-hundred eighty thousand per year; not a bad rate. The Johnson and the eloquent young woman then settle into some serious negotiations. You have to give it to her. She argues point for point, clearly a master. In the end, Johnson, a few beads of sweat on his brow says You drive a hard bargain. Four-Thousand each with half in advance and an additional fifteen hundred should you encounter trouble. Do we have a deal?
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2011-03-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Kouryuu.LV
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - IC   Living on the Edge - IC - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 9:52 am

"Special requirements? what are they? Can we recreate them as I might be much wiser to be able to move then to have to protect a certain place against a big force."
She had some ideas of the requirements this thing might have, and most could be recreated in Habu "sure, it might be hard to do, but we might have to leave the safe-house in case of losing to the opposition and it would be wise to have a backup plan in place."
She looked at the Johnson
"might we get the blueprints and the technical data for the Safe-house requirements to ensure the package? and the time period the package can be out of the safe-house if it becomes the last resort."
Some might look it as to up front of her, but that's just as she is, socially unadapt at times.

Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - IC   Living on the Edge - IC - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 12:13 pm

Z [Conference room]

After the fierce negotiation with Mr. Johnson.

"That is acceptable and much more in tune with the level of expertese that you are hiring. We have a deal."
Z stands up from her end of the conference table and approached the Johnson and shakes his hand, picking up the data chip and cred sticks and distribes them to the companions. Handing the chip to Andromeda, "You know what do with that." It wasn't a question.

Turning back to Mr. J., "I trust you can get my friend here the specs on that room, we won't use them unless necessary but if possible we need them so we have time to make necessary arrangements if we have to pull back."
Spoiler:

"Now if you will excuse us Mr. Johnson, we have some planning to do unless you have any other questions for us. Have a nice day, we will see you in 3 or days."
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
DaedalusK71
Runner
Runner
DaedalusK71

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - IC   Living on the Edge - IC - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 12:57 pm

Looking to Andromeda, Johnson shakes his head. I am afraid I cannot give you that information. The job is 'the package stays in the room for the duration'. I have no knowledge regarding the safehouse. That information is on the chip; which I have not seen it's contents so I cannot be coerced into giving up its location. If I had the information to give, I would.

Mr. Johnson gives Z a hard stare but says nothing. He turns to leave and as he passes out the concealed door, he says You have use of the room for another hour. Leave the way you came in.
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - IC   Living on the Edge - IC - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 1:14 pm

Z [Conference room]

Z gives Mr. Johnson a friendly smile as he stares at her, as if to say, "No hard feelings, business is business." Whether he gets it or not doesn't matter. I don't think he will be getting many more jobs such as this.

Z stands at the end of the conference table where and looks at the rest of the group, then sits down.

"Ok folks, lets start out with a few introductions. If we are going to work together than we should get to know each other and what each of us can do. You may all call me Z and you just get a brief glimpse at what I do, I'm a talker, I gather information. I can talk my way through most situations. Once bullets start flying I can handle myself well enough to get out of the way. I do this job because I have to and I would prefer that people not get hurt in the process but I will defend myself if needed."

She then indicated around the table to each member allowing them a chance to intoduce themselves.

After everyone has introduced themselves Z says, "So whats the plan?"
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Tokko Tsuonomi

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - IC   Living on the Edge - IC - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 1:47 pm

The Johnson exits, after getting his ass handed to him by the pretty chic and Bark grins a little in himself. He remained silent, even letting her speak in her name and accepting the contract without even asking around for their opinions.

Some tempo. But it was worth to stay, this is a good sum and without any real obligation.

When Z reaches for the creditsticks, she founds her hand outpaced by an other one in gloves. It takes one from the pile and when she looks, two green spots and a raspy voice greets her from the shadow of the hood.

Don't be so hasty, miss. You may have...manhandled that poor jack, but not everyone will appreciate that. I know I won't so keep your hands on your own share and watch that quick tongue of yours not to lead you to treacherous paths. We are in now, thanks to you, but this doesn't mean you can make decisions for us from this point forward. We don't know each other that much yet, in fact, at all.

With this, he stands and turns to the group, pulling his hood back.

Since we will be together for at least three days, we might as get over this part quickly. My name is Bark and no, my condition isn't contagious. It was a gift so don't insult us by comments of any less than marvel. I'm an expert of security, silence and close combat, but I'm mostly at the other side of the security systems. I've been in the shadows for a while now, worked with all kinds of inf...people in different cities. I'm sure that we are all professionals here - a little sound of gritting teeth accompanies this one - so I trust that we will have no quarrels between us - other than professional ones, of course.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - IC   Living on the Edge - IC - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 5:05 pm

"I'm good at repairing things and some say i am a good driver" Andromeda said in a tone that indicated insecurity, the people all were looking to her and she was unsure what she could provide the team with at the moment. Even her voice was a bit on the low side in volume.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - IC   Living on the Edge - IC - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 6:01 pm

Letha flashed an amused and sarcastic grin at Bark, the only male left in the room now, and, without so much as a word, turned a much warmer smile on Andromeda.

"I think I caught a glimpse of that J checking to make sure he still had his cajones, Talker," she said with genuine admiration. "You and I are going to get along just fine. You can all call me Letha. As for my skills-" she spreads her arms wide and gives her upper torso a wiggle that would send lesser men into convulsions, "-let the merchandise speak for itself, I always say. But don't let my looks fool you. 'Letha' doesn't just refer to sex appeal, luvs. I'm augmented for strength and speed, and I'm a third-level martial artist. I can make a strong man forget his own name and then knock him flat with a well-placed kick..." She lets that image hang in the air a moment, allowing the others to draw their own conclusions as to the placement of said kick, then, "And, if the situation demands, I can plug any slot with my Warhawk so fast he'll be six feet under before he even knows he's been shot. Good to meet you all. This is going to be an interesting few days."
This last was spoken in a soft, seductive and measured tone with Letha's eyes aimed directly at Bark. The gleam in them could have been an invitation, a challenge...or both.
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - IC   Living on the Edge - IC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 2:04 am

Let's see what's on that chip. Can you project it? Or send it through infra to everyone. I didn't catch your name?

Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - IC   Living on the Edge - IC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 5:06 am

Aalith wrote:
Let's see what's on that chip. Can you project it? Or send it through infra to everyone. I didn't catch your name?

" ohhh, sorry, I am Andromeda" she puts the chip in her comlink and starts streaming the information to others.
"This room does not seem to have a projector and even if it had i would feel more safe to share the information with your comlinks directly, so you can tune in into mine and i will aprove it, but noone else will have acces to the chip and the information will not be shared with third party nodes." She gives everyone of the new team her come code, for a AR acces of the information.
Back to top Go down
DaedalusK71
Runner
Runner
DaedalusK71

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - IC   Living on the Edge - IC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 7:51 am

Andromeda slots the chip and, unexpectedly, the are only lines of scrolling text

Pick-up: 1623 W. Stewart Ave 0000hrs - Courier will have further instructions

Safehouse: 7015 143rd Ave E. - Security: 455S67R

Panic Room: 3A5SC8W

[PAN Address] Contact when package is in panic room

Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - IC   Living on the Edge - IC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 8:09 am

Andromeda calculates how long it would take to get to the meeting spot.
"might i suggest we do the tallking while moving, the pickup is in less then an hour. If you are wheelles, you can get in with me."
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - IC   Living on the Edge - IC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:11 am

Z [Conference room]
"Thank you Andromeda I would like a lift."

"Bark, do you think it would be a good idea for someone who is skilled at infiltration to go scout the safehouse and ensure that it is indeed safe before we arrive with the goods?"

"Shall we go?"
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - IC   Living on the Edge - IC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 1:14 pm

Bark, Room

It would be a good idea, but we don't know about the "instructions" the courier wants to give us. Plus we just have the three of us, so dividing our strength from the start could be a problem. I should go with you to the meeting, then I'll vanish, go ahead and check the safe house while you drive around a little to make sure no one is following you. If everything is good, one of you delivers the package while the others provide a classic triangle backup. That means forward-back-air cover.
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - IC   Living on the Edge - IC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 1:31 pm

Z [Conference room]

Obviously those fancy eyes you were gifted with didn't include a brain with the ability to count. I have my doubts that anything will happen at the drop point, if it does I'm sure Letha can handle it and Andromada can get us out of there.
Of course having an extra at the drop would be useful as well if something happens but If we have a time limit between the drop and getting to the safehouse we may not have time to drive around the block a few times while you check it out.
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - IC   Living on the Edge - IC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 1:42 pm

I've meant three of us besides you, fancyface. Now we can argue, or we can get moving. I say it's the latter that's better.

I'll follow you to the meeting point, take the lead and keep your eyes peeled. - he says to Andromeda.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - IC   Living on the Edge - IC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 12:22 am

Aalith wrote:
I've meant three of us besides you, fancyface. Now we can argue, or we can get moving. I say it's the latter that's better.

I'll follow you to the meeting point, take the lead and keep your eyes peeled. - he says to Andromeda.

Spoiler:
"By my calculation we need 10 min to get either to the Drop point or the safe-house and 15 to get between the later two so we still have time to take a short look at the safe-house and then to pick up the package. does it sounds good?" Andromeda told and turned "this way if you intend to take me up on my offer, we can discus it further in the car, or over com's, but i would like to take a look at this fancy room of theirs before I get the package."
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - IC   Living on the Edge - IC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 6:26 am

Letha stands and, with hands planted on hips, looks around at each of her new teammates.

"I'll take you up on the ride, if you have room," Letha says to Andromeda. "Whether we scope out the safehouse or not, I intend to make certain the package is safe during transit. If we're swinging by the 'nest' first, I suggest we get our hoops in gear."

Last edited by Jagger on Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - IC   Living on the Edge - IC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 12:13 pm

Z [Conference room]

Z Looks at Letha, "Do you call everyone 'Talker'? Not that it matters, Just curious."

To the group, "Well I guess its decided then run by the safehouse then to the drop point. Andromeda, please let the way. And let's do this."
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - IC   Living on the Edge - IC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 12:50 pm

St_Nougat wrote:
Z [Conference room]

Z Looks at Letha, "Do you call everyone 'Talker'? Not that it matters, Just curious."

To the group, "Well I guess its decided then run by the safehouse then to the drop point. Andromeda, please let the way. And let's do this."
"Ok, follow me!" Andromeda started to walk outside the room.
she took the the team outside, just a driver-less car parked in front of the bar "Everyone get inside, no time to waste."
It took even less then 10 minutes to drive to the safe house, the traffic was excellent. "here we are. Let's take a look, shall we."
Back to top Go down
DaedalusK71
Runner
Runner
DaedalusK71

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - IC   Living on the Edge - IC - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 10:32 am

The ‘safe house’ sits on the Northern edge of the barrens in a middle-class neighborhood. The houses all look to be from the fifties with their dated and sun-bleached solar cell shingles and thermal collector siding. The house sits near the end of a short street, backed up against the interstate which sits on the far side of a tall chain link fence laced with privacy slats. From the street, the house looks quiet. No lights can be seen in the windows. It is clear that many of the other houses are occupied. Aging vehicles and well-kept lawns suggest it to be a blue collar neighborhood. From the street, you can see a garage with a secondary door; perhaps for some sort of utility vehicle. There are large picture windows on either side of the main entrance, which sits in the center of the house.

@Z
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - IC   Living on the Edge - IC - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 10:41 am

Z [Andromeda's car]

Well the place looks peaceful enough, no spirits hanging about that I can see.

Bark, what do you think? You and Letha go check it out, you first using your skills and Letha to back you up if something pops up? Andromeda, can get a quick look at the panic room then we can bug out and get the package.

I'll come with to check the astral as well.

Last edited by St_Nougat on Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - IC   Living on the Edge - IC - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 10:58 am

Bark [in front of the safehouse]

Maybe we should step inside. Let's see what have we got here?

After he inspected the security system and found nothing suspicious, he enters: 455S67R.

When inside, his first thing to do is look around fore any more security.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
DaedalusK71
Runner
Runner
DaedalusK71

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - IC   Living on the Edge - IC - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 11:30 am

2310 [safehouse]

Bark approaches the main entry and steps to the panel just to the right. He presses the screen, expecting it to come to life and take the code but not only does the panel remain inert, but it pops off the wall and hangs by several wires. Clearly it has been tampered with...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Living on the Edge - IC   Living on the Edge - IC - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Living on the Edge - IC
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next