Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeTwinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC - Page 7 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC

Go down 
+6
Tenaka
Faust
Starcraft
Gala
Jagger
Kesslan
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC - Page 7 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 10:25 am

“Thank you my friend.” He took the water and drank. When that exchange guys reply came, he fumed, tossing the capped bottle on the right seat. How dares this little punk? I'm risking my life for my team mates, trying to organize everything and he has the chutspe to make demands? Despite he felt insulted and his personal honour being questioned, his reply came with a foremost calm voice. But there was an obvious sharpness to it.
I have been in the blast zone. In fact, we have been there first. I got to the safe zone with only seconds to spare anyway. The reason? Not because I was looting but because I was saving two hurt team mates. He gave it a second to let sink in, then he continued. Which brings us to you, boy. Someone completely unknown who just pops in while we are under attack. You take the truck and drive off. For all I know, you are just a thief. Or maybe worse, you are an enemy. As for saving our hides, nothing points to that yet from my perspective.

It would be very wise for you to introduce yourself first. And if you are indeed our saviour, I will thank you in due time. Otherwise, I have to assume you are a threat and we will defend ourself against you. It is your choice.

Darkon shut off his mic. Over his shoulder he said to Spawn: “Kids these days.”
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 10:12 am

"The Metahuman's aura is telling me that he is growing angry." The Spirit reported to Sha'hGrim. Not the least bit surprising, given the situation, but the update further served as a reminder to her that the truck was still sitting there, on the side of the road, unmoving.
"Ahm; someone want to let me know what's going on with this guy? Remember: I can ask the Spirit to lock the doors just as easilly as to release the steering and gas." Sha'hGrim stated over her commlink channel. She was still following Darkon, and still really only capable of focusing on the task at hand.
"An update, please. You know... One or the other... Lock the doors, or release the Truck." Sha'hGrim added after a moment of consideration.
"I am conferring with my team. They have suggested that this Metahuman is not an enemy, but I am not certain that we trust him yet. I will let you know when they tell me." Sha'hGrim said to her Spirit, letting it know what she knew. Sha'hGrim had always been as forthright and honest with her Spirit companions, believing in some sort of Karmic relationship with them. Sha'hGrim didn't know, for sure, if the Spirits were always the same one, or perhaps that they communicated... It's so hard to tell with these things - and there are as many theories as there are traditions. Either way, Sha'hGrim felt that it was her duty to provide the Spirits with the best experience possible, working with her here on the Physical plane, if for no other reason than because she believed that she would want the same in the reverse situation.
"I understand. If he becomes any more hostile, I will lock him within me, thus protecting you from his anger." The Spirit responded.
"Oh, well, I appreciate that, but are you certain that's the best idea? Perhaps getting out of the Truck will be the best for his anger?" Sha'hGrim responded, growing concerned that the Spirit's suggestion may actually make the situation worse. Of course, she had offered that solution to the Team, but that was in the case that their communication with him broke down. The Truck was still the Team's spoils; as far as Sha'hGrim was concerned.
"I insist. I will not tolerate increased danger to you." The Spirit responded, making it's opinion clear. - Heh... Again with the intelligent Spirits. Sha'hGrim thought as the Spirit made itself heard.
"Very well. If that is what you believe is best." Sha'hGrim responded.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 10:30 am

Darkon responded to Sha'hGrim: I will tell you as soon as this stubborn little scrap starts making sense. Until then, I'd say keep him locked in. Can you make sure he doesn't simply drive off?
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 10:42 am

"He really can't drive off right now. At least, not in the Military Truck. He could get out..." Sha'hGrim responded quickly.
"Ok. You win. My team is requesting that we lock down the vehicle for the time being. He may not be an enemy, but they're not certain if he is a friendly yet." Sha'hGrim sent to her Spirit. She knew he would be pleased that his assessment was correct. - And again, the brains of the Spirit never fail to impress... Sha'hGrim thought to herself, while at the same time castigating herself for having believed the best in the guy.
The locks on the doors of the Military Truck suddenly clicked down, audibly locking Rufus in to the Truck. Now to get out he would have to break through the Spirit-Enhanced Bullet-Proof-Glass windows. Or somehow overpower the Spirit, and pull the door-locks up. Strangely, it would actually be easier to overpower the Spirit. Although, even that was a tall-order for anyone who is not a Full-Strength Troll.
"It is done." The Spirit stated.
"And I am pleased that you agree with me. His anger is a risk to you. I was concerned that you asked me to tolerate a controllable risk." The Spirit added immediately after.
"Well, your assessment was correct. The team may still come to some sort of agreement with him, and I will let you know if they do." Sha'hGrim said, still somewhat holding out for Diplomacy. Her 'Runner history did not support a diplomatic solution, but her nature forced her to believe in one anyway. That was why she had shown up today for Spade. And despite how it had turned out, she would continue to look for the best in people. - Hope for the best; prepare for the worst. She thought to herself, slightly disappointed that this situation was starting to look more to the side of "The worst".
"Ok, the doors are locked. He's not going anywhere. At least, not without my say-so..." Sha'hGrim responded to Darkon. Darkon may not be entirely familiar with what it meant to have a Spirit inhabiting the Truck, but Sha'hGrim knew that it would take more than a Rocket Launcher to break open those windows.
"Just keep me in the loop, ok? I don't want my Spirit to be holding someone who's innocent for any longer than is absolutely necessary." Sha'hGrim added.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 10:53 am

If he is innocent... there was a chuckle,as innocent as one in our business can be, I will personally apologize to him. But I will not risk the life of my friends. Not after we escaped that closely. Someone set us up in that building. Be it Spade or someone else. And this kid comes out of nowhere. If he can't accept a little paranoia from our side, he's greener than a clover leaf. In his thoughts he added: Not to forget the stupidity to insult me.
Back to top Go down
SidneyL
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2012-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 12:07 pm

EDIT: @Jagger

Forgot to mention that Rufus is so focused on his exchange (no pun intended) with Drakon, that he didn't see any private messages. It should be clear though that, while he didn't reply to Spawn directly, Spawn should have his answer Smile (When all is said and done, it also gives an excuse for Rufus to eat at least some of his words

Rufus slumped back in the truck, rolling his eyes up to the roof of the cab as Drakon rambled on... he was still playing the sympathy card, it seemed. Hurt teammates...yeah, yeah. That happens when you play with the big boys.

He only half listened, waiting for Drakon to finish his spiel so he would have another chance at making his point. The important ones, right?

The thief word caught him though, and his attention snapped back. Oh, and he was trying to be understanding too.

"THIEF?" he sent back furiously once Drakon had stopped. Thief?!

Listen, you little drek! Check the chatbox. That's right. You and I are not the only ones here. I've already introduced myself to your team. I've already stated my intentions. One of your so-called 'teammates' has already helped me by starting this truck...someone that has now stopped the truck. ...conveniently stopped it once I told them I was going to deliver the truck to the Exchange. As my assistence had been requested

There. Let that slotting, pompous, ignorant meat just try to claim the high road now.

As Rufus went to open the door, still ignorant of a spirit residing in the truck, he grabbed his toolkit. If you want things done yourself... only to find the door locked.

Oh. They. Didn't. Lock. Him. In.

Gritting his teeth, he glanced up and down the road to make sure it was clear. Driving a stolen military truck around was one thing. Sitting on the side of the road was worse. Breaking out of a stolen military truck was just...well, aside from a police car approaching, he couldn't think of how worse this could be.

Fine. He wasn't sure if he could complete his task for the Exchange without help...as much as he hated to admit it. He'd have to escalate this, as much as he didn't want to.

In the chatbox that Drakon, Edgar, Alexia and...the Exchange itself, he was sure, was monitoring, he sent the following message:

@Exchange: As I am sure you're aware, I have announced myself to this team you requested aid for. I have attempted multiple times to communicate with them, and only when did I say I was dropping off the truck- as you requested, have they responded: To prevent me from dropping off the truck.

It is clear to me that you, and they, have two very different intentions for this truck.

Any assistance in this matter would be appreciated.

Yes. This was bad. Now that he had made the Exchange aware of their double crossing it...he was certain they would react...unfavorably. He had to be quick- assuming the coast was still clear, he opened his toolkit, looking for anything that could help break through the truck's glass. He needed to get at that engine...
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 12:52 pm

((OOC: Assuming it also showed the chat of before Darkon joined. Keep in mind you only introduced yourself to Alexis on her comlink. Not the exchange chat.))

Darkon did check the chatbox. He was not amused. To Sha'hGrim he sent: Can you affect the air conditioning? I think that guy needs to cool off. Also, are you able to keep the vehicle on course with him inside? I don't want to waste time here. Andrealphus has been hit hard. And despite my best efforts, he will need a doc sooner than later. Let the Exchange worry about the guy.

On the exchange channel he sent: I can not find any introduction. Only a statement that you will take the truck. Someone that, as I can see, has been asked of my team to do. All I see is we are preventing a hijacker of stealing the vehicle so we can deliver it as requested. I could not care less about that truck. But as the exchange did warn us, I deem it only fair to repay that debt.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 3:49 pm

Spawn listened to the verbal hostilities being flung back and forth between Rufus and his team mates. He kept his peace, realizing that neither the newcomer or his teammates were seriously going to come to blows over this unfortunate misunderstanding. This was, as he felt sure everyone would come to recognize on their own...eventually, nothing more than the burnoff of residual adrenalin from the fire fight coupled with the 'deathrace' to get out of the missile strike zone. Once they all had a chance to blow off some steam and calm down, the circumstance would become clearer to all and the 'fuse' would be doused.

Until then, nothing Spawn could say - as nothing he'd said so far - would make any impression on anyone. These things had to work themselves out, though he was a bit surprised that his seasoned veteran teammates were allowing their hyped emotions to fuel the argument. He didn't know how experienced the new guy was, but he certainly seemed to be a hot-head.

As for the Exchange and what its agenda might be, there was no way of knowing. Aloof and unknowable, those involved grew to accept its tasks with the understanding that compliance would be met with reward, refusal...well, that didn't bear contemplation.

Letting the ongoing rants wash over him, Spawn turned his attention to his hand. He was not up on the cutting edge of medical technology by any means, but he felt fairly certain there was little chance his natural hand could be regrown or further Healed. So, the question was, what kind of replacement could be acquired? Cyberware augmentation would most likely turn out to be the only option available, but that meant loss of his holistic integrity which would possibly affect his adept powers in some form or another. But leaving the stump as it was would disable him even more. His 'profession' required two hands.
Still, there could be distinct advantages to having a cyberhand, and the loss of Essence would be minimal...

As Darkon raced along on their way to somewhere where he and Andre could get further medical attention, Spawn continued to muse over his options regarding his lost right hand...
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 3:24 am

"Actually, I am honestly not certain..." Sha'hGrim started to respond, pausing to consider more fully.
"In fact, I am not certain the Spirit can do either of those things. The Spirit can't interact with the GPS, so unless it has a physical vehicle to follow, it can't go anywhere really. And most Air Conditioning Units are controlled entirely from AR. I suspect the spirit could spin-up the AC engine, but then it would have no control over the output temperature...." Sha'hGrim trailed off, still attempting to consider the possibilities. Spirits were incredibly useful companions and teammates. They had power in the extreme, some of the time, and the things that they could do were astounding. However, they did not have the same Physical Plane interactivity that Metahumanity had. For instance: the only way a Spirit could take directions from a GPS would be if the GPS was set to audio output. For some unknowable reason, they couldn't even read the screen.
"Umm... Hold on a sec. If we want him to go where he's going, why should I keep him stopped?" Sha'hGrim said, her mind skipping from the Spirit question back to the main situation: was this guy taking off with the team's loot?
"The only reason I stopped the Truck was because I don't know this guy, and that's our loot... But if you know him, and he's going to the right place, then what's the big deal?" Sha'hGrim followed-up, trying to keep her fogged mind on the point. She didn't bother to reach out to the Spirit yet, as she didn't have any useful updates yet.
"Also: how are you speaking with him?" She asked finally, bringing her original questions full-circle.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 6:34 am

Via Exchange Chat 2.0:
ZinZin: The Exchange would like to see this matter resolved in a mutually beneficial manner. We initially requested the member you know as Spawn to collect certain hardware as it was a matter of opportunity to acquire equipment that is normally very difficult to obtain. Prior to this request your team showed no interest in salvaging any of the equipment in question so we saw no harm in making the request. We have put in place several delaying tactics to buy time for your team on the reports should you decide to accept our offer. It should also be noted that the vehicle you acquired, that we initially requested retrieval of by member Sidney was being left behind by your team. He was the one who disabled the security tracking beacon and other systems on the vehicle to allow it to be taken in the first place. The Exchange has an interested buyer in place at this time, however should you insist on keeping the vehicle The Exchange requests something in return for it's assistance both with the vehicle, and dealing with additional forces in the area.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 7:24 am

Upon receipt of the Exchange's message, Spawn opened his encrypted channel for private communiques and sent the following encoded report:

> Report on Task: Grenade Retrieval: Unable to complete task. Severely wounded by grenade and transported offsite before regaining consciousness.
> Subsequent Report: Contact with Designate 'Sidney': Have made preliminary contact with Sidney, but gained little intel due to evacuation of Thor strike zone.
> Inquiry: Designate 'Sidney': My team is understandably suspicious of Sidney, as arrival coincided with missile threat. Please advise on Sidney's assignment related to team, if possible.
> End Report.

Composing the report took longer than normal due to Spawn having to use only his left hand. It was necessary, though, as he needed a few answers in order to best proceed. And despite the fact that the Exchange seldom divulged their reasons for members actions, much less their own, he thought that in this particular case with its mitigating circumstances, a little info would not constitute any breach of proper procedure. At least, he hoped it would not.
He sent the message via the usual channels and with the prescribed encoding and authorization protocols. Now, aside from waiting to see how and when the 'feud' would subside, he waited for a response from the Exchange. He knew he would have to find an appropriate time to confer with Sidney, but it did not appear that time would present itself soon. Too much had happened in a short time, and under stressful circumstances, to expect placid waters too soon.

Meanwhile, there was still the matter of his lost right hand and although he was not usually so intent on combat wounds, this time it was personal. Never had he been so fundamentally outraged at damage taken, but then he'd never lost a limb before.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 11:56 am

Kesslan wrote:
Via Exchange Chat 2.0:
ZinZin: The Exchange would like to see this matter resolved in a mutually beneficial manner. We initially requested the member you know as Spawn to collect certain hardware as it was a matter of opportunity to acquire equipment that is normally very difficult to obtain. Prior to this request your team showed no interest in salvaging any of the equipment in question so we saw no harm in making the request. We have put in place several delaying tactics to buy time for your team on the reports should you decide to accept our offer. It should also be noted that the vehicle you acquired, that we initially requested retrieval of by member Sidney was being left behind by your team. He was the one who disabled the security tracking beacon and other systems on the vehicle to allow it to be taken in the first place. The Exchange has an interested buyer in place at this time, however should you insist on keeping the vehicle The Exchange requests something in return for it's assistance both with the vehicle, and dealing with additional forces in the area.

Darkon heard the text to voice over his earplugs. The shaman took a deep breath to calm himself down. This was obviously not the hothead hacker. Darkon appreciated the calm, not to mention formal, tone. He prepared a reply. I agree and desire a mutually beneficial resolve as well. We have no intention to keep the vehicle. But there has been some confusion about the identity of the hacker you sent. Additionally, we have some injured team mates who need medical attention as soon as possible. The medical attention has been organized already.
All in all, together with the attack, it has left us somewhat disoriented very concerned for our own security. I hope for your understanding in that matter. We will deliver the vehicle to the coordinates you stated and I strongly hope the misunderstandings can be cleared up with a bit of good will from all sides.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 6:21 pm

Exchange Chat 2.0.1
ZinZin: It is The Exchange's desire to achieve maximum mutual benefit. It is also in the interest of The Exchange that team member designate Spawn receive all necessary medical assistance. We would also like to know more of the events behind the orbital strike. It is highly unusual for a runner team to net this much interest by any one party. Due to the proximity of the event to Seattle The Exchange is willing to offer further assistance in return for information on the incident and potential causes. It is also of interest that Ares Military Orbital Platform XY-2788-44-3 was a link to seemingly unrelated events that brought Exchange member designate Sidney in proximity to the area in question. This indicates that your purposes may in fact be linked. The strike also indicates a high likelihood that top tier black operatives are in play at this time in the Seattle area and this is also of interest to The Exchange.

Response to Spawn's Comlink only:
The familar icon of Zinzin pops up in a private window in order to respond. "Sidney is a fellow member of The Exchange who was initially requested to assist due to proximity and the danger you were placed in. Due to your high positive karma balance The Exchange decided to extend a request for assistance on your behalf. Events also appear to be linked to designate Sidney's present personal mission. Due to the links located near Seattle The Exchange is very interested in learning more as this level of threat may put significant portions of The Exchange at risk."
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 4:57 am

Response to Designate Zinzin:
Encryption keys generated
> Summary of events surrounding missile strike:
> My team was contacted by a former teammate, Spade, claiming an urgent matter he wished to inform us and discuss options. Subsequently, Spade divulged that he was working for Ares and that insect spirits were possibly involved. The situation centers on an artifact acquired during a mission several years ago. Due to Spade's betrayal and attempted ambush, his claims should be viewed with skepticism, but the potential threat should not be discounted. Whether Ares, the UB, or some third party is in control of the sat missile platform is unknown at this time. My team is in need of medical attention before we can return to active status.
> Request:
> As the Exchange's resources far surpass mine or my team's, I submit a request for any and all information on the whereabouts of Spade. We have a score to settle with our betrayer, but there is the possibility that he has been set up to be the 'fall guy' by those in higher power.
> End Transmission.
Message sent via secured and encrypted channel.

Spawn felt greatly reassured. The Exchange was responding to their situation even better than he had hoped. With the vast network of contacts and resources the Exchange possessed, he and his teammates stood a far better chance of not only getting to the bottom of this situation, but very likely settling some long-outstanding debts as well.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 10:12 am

To Jagger:
Zinzin: Are you able to provide any details of Spade? Apperance, other aliases, names of contacts or any other such thing? Searching simply for 'spade' in the Seattle area brings up no less than 157 different contacts, most of which are easily eliminated as gangers, scrip kiddies, teir 10 hackers and an additional 37 gaming handles as well as 314 online listings for tools, construction and farming equipment.
Back to top Go down
SidneyL
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2012-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 1:03 pm

Rufus was oddly quiet for a good part of the ongoing conversation... especially considering his attitude of late. It wasn't that Drakon had made a point to Rufus, or that he had cooled off. Well, not quite.

It was that, rather, while he had been waiting for the Exchange's reply he spotted at last Spawn's private message. Reading the message brought a flush to his face- here he was, demanding people to introduce themselves first and...there was an introduction on his screen the whole fraggin' time.

Wait- not the whole time. Rufus checked the timestamps to reassure himself...it was pretty recent...still...

Holding an electrician's hammer (or what could serve as one) out of his toolkit, he skimmed the ongoing messages between Drakon and the 'Exchange'. The information about him being released by the Exchange stung a bit- he knew of Alexia, who he had hacked into, and there was Spawn. Whoever it was he had been arguing with had yet to make himself known. But first...the information on the satellite he had investigating was most interesting...

"So." he responded to the main chat program, sarcastically...although the sarcasm was likely lost to the toneless nature of a text box "ZinZin told you all about me. You going to bother starting this truck up again?" A glance to the side let him make sure the truck had yet to be unlocked yet... "Or are you going to keep at your pitiful attempts at keeping me in this truck until the cops show up?"

To the truck, absent-mindedly he mumbled 'Nothing against you girl, but if this 'runner doesn't release you soon, I'm going to have to break your windows. Don't take it personally, 'kay? There's a good girl"

As he awaited, quietly, for Drakon's reply- his fiery anger turning cold- a more dangerous, controlled, anger, he gripped the tool in his hand more tightly. He wasn't going to be caught in this truck- especially with no way out, as he finally acknowledged Spawn's private message: "Nice to meet you Spawn, and I mean that- I've been trying to help you and your buddies out- but you best get a grip on your team, and quick, or I won't be responsible when this all goes south"

Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 1:25 pm

To: Sidney via Private Channel
> I would that our meeting had come under less...strenuous circumstances, but what is - is. As for 'my team,' you haven't done anything against the team, that I'm aware of. You have, however, royally pissed off two members. As I am not the leader of this team, you, chummer, are on your own as to how best to reconcile yourself with them. And, I would point out, regardless of how gifted a hacker you may be, there's no way to hack magic spells or spirits. You might want to take that into consideration when spouting off sarcasm at not one but two very capable mages. As I recall, the last smart guy who thought he could go up against them ended up as 'entertainment' for two beast spirits before what was left of him went into one of their cat's food bowl...
> I will be very interested to see how you fare.
> End Transmission.

After sending the message, Spawn opens another message to Sha'hgrim.
To: Sha'hgrim via Private Channel
> As you may or may not know, I am affiliated with the Exchange. That is why, to some extent, they have an interest in our activities. That and the fact that the Exchange is interested in just about everything in the Sixth World. The new guy, Sidney aka Rufus, is also with the Exchange. The Exchange gave Sidney the Task of acquiring the truck for their purposes. What that purpose may be is unknown to me and, most likely, to Sidney. One does not often question the Exchange's reasons.
> As for the issue between yourself and the entrapped hacker, you know me better than to get involved. The man certainly lets his mouth run away with him, and you know far better than I how to...instruct him in his wicked ways.
> End Transmission.

Spawn hoped that would clear the air a bit for Sha'hgrim, but if there were still questions, he would answer as best he could.

Last edited by Jagger on Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 12:49 pm

Darkon sent to Sha'hGrim: We are talking through a chat program the exchange had offered us. Well, now I'm involved with the exchange. Something I have avoided for decades. Ah well... Anyway. That guy in the truck seems to call himself Sid. And the Exchange has sent him to help us. I think it would be best to let the truck start again so we can deliver it. I don't want the vehicle anyway. By the way, how do you feel?

Speaking of which...

At a red traffic light, Darkon turned around and inspected Andrealphus and Spawn. "How are you holding up Spawn? Andrealphus? Are you conscious? ... It doesn't seem so."

On the exchange channel, he sent: Your handle is Sid, right? You can call me Darkon. It seems we have started on the wrong foot. It happens. The car will start in a moment. No need to worry.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 1:51 pm

Responding to Spawn on his personal communication.
"I hadn't realized that. Was that something that you've taken up since we worked together last? I know it has been quite some time, but that seems like something I wouldn't have forgotten... Did you simply not mention it back then?" She asked, wondering why it was that everyone seemed to be involved with the Exchange. Sha'hGrim, for obvious reasons, had never had any reason what so ever to be involved with them. She tended to focus her attentions far from the center of Metahuman activities. The Exchange, by contrast, had always been highly focused right on the center of those very same Metahuman activities. Her interests were simply not in line with the Exchange's. At least, not generally. But they had been once before. And they were now.
"Yeah. You're probably right. But I've not heard from him. If it makes things easier, you can forward my Public 'link code to him. I don't mind speaking with him directly.
"Ahm... When you say: he "lets his mouth run away with him"... Are you saying that he's giving Darkon the sharp side of his tongue? 'Cause that wouldn't be the smartest way to introduce yourself to our team..."
Sha'hGrim finished, letting that last thought trail off a bit.

On the team channel, in response to Darkon.
"Oh. The Exchange? How did we manage to get noticed by the Exchange?" Sha'hGrim asked, incredulous. Obviously, the Thor Round having recently stricken the warehouse they were just in from the face of the earth hadn't occurred to her. Clearly, the Exchange would be interested any time someone was willing to key up that kind of munitions. But, as we all knew, Sha'hGrim was not burning at her brightest at the moment.
"Oh, nevermind. I probably wouldn't remember if you told me right now..." Sha'hGrim answered her own question before Darkon had a chance to respond. Clearly, she was correct. That the Exchange would be interested in their current activities should have gone without saying. And that the Exchange had managed to find out ahead of time was barely worthy of comment.
"I have spoken with my team. They believe that the metahuman in the Truck is a "Friendly". Further, they have stated that his current objectives are in line with our own." Sha'hGrim sent to the Spirit immediately. She didn't want to waste the new-guy's time; enough of that had happened already. And besides: the sooner they got through the pleasantries, the sooner she would be sitting somewhere comfortable, drinking a hot cup of tea, and not being asked to think.
"That being the case, his anger seems to be entirely expected. I have released the controls of the truck, as well as the locks on the doors. For his benefit, I will continue to enhance the capabilities of the Truck for the time being, in the case that his safety is threatened by our un-planned impediment to his progress." The Spirit replied.
"Oh! Thank The Gods you're around!" Sha'hGrim responded, continuing almost immediately.
"I wouldn't even have realized! Great job putting that together, and I'm sure he'll appreciate the speed and handling improvements; particularly if something happens to him on the way to wherever he's headed..." She finished, essentially gushing her approval for the Spirit's capacity. At least one of them was thinking clearly at the moment...
"You are too kind." The Spirit responded, imparting a genuine feel to it's response. Spirit's didn't tend to enjoy the same sorts of humour that Metahumans did, at least at first. So Sha'hGrim was fairly certain that it meant that.
"No, I'm not. I may be injured, but you've exceeded my expectations. Thank you." She returned, just as genuinely as the Spirit had humbly declined her compliment. Sha'hGrim hoped that the Spirit wouldn't refute that, as she didn't have the energy to argue it's merits with it.
"Ok, the Truck is good to go. Let him know that we've given it some temporary improvements to help make up for lost time." Sha'hGrim said to Darkon (and the rest of the team) on the Closed Team Channel.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 4:29 pm

To: Sha'hgrim
> Not back then, but soon after. Despite the more-than-sufficient funds earned from 'that mission,' I found it necessary to make myself available for the occasional task given by the Exchange in order to receive 'favors' which greatly aided in my endeavors over the years. The Exchange afforded me the distinct advantage of remaining anonymous on the streets while keeping my skills honed as well as being in the way of learning of certain...opportunities I would not otherwise have been privy to.
> It was not an indiscretion on my part, per se', more a case of intel I deemed irrelevant until our circumstances demanded disclosure. Though I cannot vouch for Sidney's reliability as I have only now learned of his existence, as all of us, but I can say this much for the Exchange. Without prior cause to be on their list of retaliatory targets, the Exchange is neither friend nor foe. They pursue their own goals and agendas, and may assist if and when their goals coincide with our's. This, in my book, make them a valuable resource. Friends can sometimes err on the side of what they deem is 'best for the group,' and foes will obstruct our purposes at every chance. The Exchange is potentially the most objectively neutral entity in the Sixth World. I trust them only insomuch as I am confident that I will not engender their wrath unless I choose to. I hope that will ease your concerns to some degree. Whether you choose to become a member or not is completely up to you and will neither jeopardize their offered assistance at this point, nor incite retribution. I am certain that their presence in this situation is based on reasons of their own and not directly affected by our team. How long they will be willing to assist depends entirely on their own views of what is in their best interests.
> End Transmission

To: Sidney via Private Channel
> Its looks like at least some of the dust has settled. I've been given the go-ahead to pass on the team commcode to you. This should not only demonstrate the team's good will towards you and your contributions but also prevent misunderstandings in future.
> Welcome aboard, Sidney. May working together prove to be mutually beneficial.
> Attachment: Team Commcode
> End Transmission

Just as Spawn finished the messages, he heard Darkon from the front seat, "How are you holding up, Spawn? Andrealphus? Are you conscious...it doesn't seem so."

Spawn sent his message before replying to Darkon.
"Thanks to your healing, old friend, I will be as good as can be after some surgical attention. I am afraid I cannot say the same for Andre. He is still unconscious. I fear the battle took more of a toll on him than the rest of us. I know you did all you could for him. It is out of our hands now."

Spawn rested his disfigured right forearm on Andre's chest, a gesture both foreign and oddly appropriate at the same time. It had been far too long since Spawn had experienced the simple pleasures of companionship...far too long. Why had they drifted apart so? Why had he turned so totally away from metahumanity?

There could be no answers now. These were questions for another time, perhaps another place. For now, they had much to consider and prepare for as a team. And whether the Exchange proved to be a wealth of progress toward that end or not, Spawn knew that he, alone if need be, would never rest until those responsible for what had happened to his team; to his friends, had paid whatever price needed to be exacted to soothe his growing obsession for revenge.

Last edited by Jagger on Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added message to Sidney)
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 6:24 am

"Oh, by the gods..." Sha'hGrim muttered as Spawn's reply came to her. As she was not in "top shape" at the moment, she didn't realize that she was speaking out loud; and though it was only a mumble, the subvocal mic would pick it up without a problem, broadcasting to the currently active channel: Spawn's private line. He had apparently decided to ignore it when she'd said: "Oh nevermind: I'll forget anyway."
"Well... At least you decided to put it all on writing." Sha'hGrim said with a sigh.
"Because my headache got worse just looking at all those words!" She said. There was humor in her voice, but she really wasn't joking.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 12:48 pm

Jagger wrote:
"Thanks to your healing, old friend, I will be as good as can be after some surgical attention. I am afraid I cannot say the same for Andre. He is still unconscious. I fear the battle took more of a toll on him than the rest of us. I know you did all you could for him. It is out of our hands now."

"You are welcome for the healing. It was the least I could do." Darkon sighed. His hands gripped the steering wheel tighter. Tight enough for the knuckles to go white. "I should have been able to do more. I should be stronger. I should know better spells. I should have saved you all." It was merely a murmur. But it was heartfelt. "After all these decades I'm still too lazy to work harder." A loud sigh should be the end of his sulking. "Yes, your hand can be... handled, I guess. I've heard if you use a cloned hand, the mana flow will not be impaired. Unlike a mechanical hand. I've seen a few burned out mages in my time. And even an adept." It seemed he had started rambling just to distract himself from the guilt he felt for not being able to help Andrealphus. "His nickname was Firewolf. He got a leg shot off by a troll with a faible for shotguns. He got a replacement. That was before bioware became available." Goddess, I'm old. "It took a serious toll on his adept abilities. and a few months later, he had wires put down his spine. To keep the edge, he said. It went downhill fast from there." He eyed Spawn in the back mirror. "The last thing I heard about him, all his limbs were shiny and he gurgled rust ex. Only the brain and some internal organs still original parts."

Gosh I'm rambling again. This whole business has hit me harder than I thought. "Anyway. I just advise you to be cautious about how you proceed further. Think it through well."

He noticed Sid popping up in the group chat. Well I guess he's one of the team now... Darkon frowned. After what happened, his friends were still very trustful. Well actually... why not. But someone needs to teach the kid how to behave properly. Ah well. If you want something done right...

Welcome to the team chat Sid. If you would like to keep working with us, I guess the team just welcomed you. The part that can voice opinions right now at least. How about we forget the misunderstandings from before and start over? Hi, I'm Darkon. He sounded genuinely friendly.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 1:16 pm

Spawn laid his uninjured hand on Darkon's shoulder. Though he could not hear the mage's murmurings, the look in his eyes in the rearview was testament enough to how the man was feeling. And despite his inner struggle, Darkon still had a word of consideration for Spawn's welfare. 'What have I ever done,' Spawn thought to himself, 'to earn such friendship from another?'

"Go easy," he said to Darkon. "Neither I, nor Andre if he could speak for himself, blame you for what happened. You did more than you know for me. For Andre, it was Spade put him in this condition, not any failure on your part. Know this, had you not brought us both out, we'd be so much biological dust right now. Don't forget it was you alone who got Andre and myself out of the blast zone. If there is any chance at all for Andre to recover, it is due to your efforts. So save beating yourself for when you do frag up, neh?"

Spawn added that last sting hoping to get the sarcastic reply that would signal Darkon knew the truth of what he was saying. But if not now, Spawn knew Darkon, as well as the rest of them, would put this situation behind them and take on whatever came next as a damn good team will always do - head on and together.

But Spawn still had to consider his options carefully, Darkon was right about that. It was not easy though. Part of him wanted to do whatever would insure the fastest and most savage retribution possible, while another part knew that rash, unthinking reaction to his outrage was the worst course of action in any situation.
Time was the key. They all needed some time to recoop, regroup, and brainstorm their next move with clear heads and calm faculties. Right now, they were all on edge, drained or damaged, or both, and it was affecting their judgement.

"This will all look less catastrophic once we've had time to gear down and heal up. For now, Darkon, let it be enough to get to a safe place and see to our wounds. Wracking our brains can wait until the effort can be more productive."
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 1:51 pm

We're assuming that Sid is actually going to dial in... I think it's a fair assumption. But Sid: you might want to make note of dialing-in to our team-channel in your coming post.

"Oh... Erm. Hi Sid. Welcome." Sha'hGrim squeeked when Sid came online. It was most certainly genuine surprise. She really had not expected it. Nor had she been the least prepared for someone she didn't intimately know (and she knew this team intimately!) to be privvy to their internal communications. In fact, she'd only half-expected Spawn to actually send Sid her Public 'link. The best part was, through some combination of her surprise and her epic headache, she forgot to introduce herself as well. Though, truth be told, her voice was enough off key that a proper introduction at some future point would still be needed... No one would remember her normal voice based on the current squeek.
Sha'hGrim, feeling the tension of the current situation leak out of her, settled back in to the stiff, utilitarian Driver's Seat in her Truck. She reached her hand over absently to give Chasky a light scratch, pleasantly satisfied that he had relocated himself to the front seat. She noted in her mind that she would normally be upset by this, but she was at that moment more than grateful for the comfort he provided. Chasky's huge head pushed back in to her palm, signalling his pleasure as well.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 2:27 pm

The old and yet so young looking shaman smiled. "Thank you Spawn. That is exactly the reason I call you my friend." He grinned. "And if I mess up, you will surely be the first one to know."

I don't want to admit how much I needed that. Darkon thought relieved. "But as for wracking our brains. It can not wait. Alas, it has to. We have been ambushed by Spade. Or someone pretending to be Spade. We only saw his holograph. And such things can be forged. We need to find out more. We need a hacker." He added: "And we need to be careful."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - IC
Page 7 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next