Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeFirst time GMing SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

First time GMing

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
Starcraft

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexia Mooie Vos
Race: Fox Shapeshifter
Sex: Female

First time GMing Empty
PostSubject: First time GMing   First time GMing EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 8:04 pm

I have a question for advice really. I recently started GMing some shadowrun games, I found that Playing and GMing are two Completely different beasts. I felt overwhelmed and like i was rushing and railroading the characters through the game yet not giving them all the information that as a character they needed or that i was giving them info that they shouldn't have had. Is there any kind of advice anyone could give to a fledgling GM? I should also mention this is realy the first time that ive GMed a game that wasn't a PbP it seems so much easier to Gm on a site like this than it is in person or over the internet like how i recently did
Back to top Go down
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2011-10-01

Character sheet
Character Name: Faust
Race: Human Drake
Sex: Male

First time GMing Empty
PostSubject: Re: First time GMing   First time GMing EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 1:59 pm

Well, a good guideline on the information is that if they don't ask, or their character doesn't ask, they don't find out. Shadowrun is generally a fast-paced game, and if you get the feeling you're railroading them, ask the players. Remember, you need to strike a balance between fast-pace and railroading. And also keep in mind that just because a player doesn't ask, or notice something the character might, which is why I like people writing backgrounds when they make the characters.
Back to top Go down

First time GMing
Page 1 of 1