Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeSome Assembly Required -OOC - Page 12 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Some Assembly Required -OOC

Go down 
+6
Professor
Starcraft
Jagger
Faust
Aalith
No_Name
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2011-10-01

Character sheet
Character Name: Faust
Race: Human Drake
Sex: Male

Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 12 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 1:24 pm

Or in the oldest RPG and survival tactics in the world: Loot the bodies for what you might need, loose pocket change, and anything they aren't using.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 12 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 1:44 pm

Ok, clarification: Yes, any team has to learn to work together in order to survive. That is most often a given. But the personalities do not have to blend easily in order to learn to work together. Personality clashes can occur without fatally jeopardizing the success of a team.

I agree with you Alith, players who intentionally disrupt, or directly interfere with, other player's chances of succeeding or surviving should be up for grabs to shoot or batter. I've played insane characters before and being crazy does not automatically mean defeat.
That said, I think a player who accepts the role of a nutbag should also accept the very real possibility that his character won't live long.
Now, when I said I didn't like games where all the characters fall into the stereotypical 'Three Musketeers' style, I meant ALL the players. Certainly its good to have one or more characters who are at least somewhat altruistic, but they don't all have to be.

And I for one have not heard either Foust nor St Nougat refuse you the action of going nuclear on Sparks, though I'm sure Foust spent time on his character just as you did and would hate to see him go; especially since Sparks has, for all intent and purposes, almost single-handedly gotten our group as far as they've gotten. Your character is in as much of a traumatic situation as any other, and he could very well experience bouts of increased hostility and violence in such situations - after all, isn't that pretty much the fallback military position?

The thing is, this game is atypical of most SR games. Instead of a group of shadowrunners who choose to go out and be hired to take on dangerous missions, we have a group of 'normal' civilians taken against their will, thrown together in a weird situation, and forced to depend on people they probably wouldn't associate with otherwise. 'Sparks,' if you'll forgive the pun, are going to fly.

And I have a sneaky suspicion that our esteemed GM has been having difficulty relaxing those grin muscles when he tries to sleep at night...or perhaps not.
Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 12 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 2:13 pm

I plead the 5th for the grin muscle comment.

But I did state that this would be an exercise in role playing more than anything else when I thought of the game and I have really been enjoying alot of the character interation. I am having fun thus far and I am hoping the rest of you are as well.
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Tokko Tsuonomi
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 12 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 2:24 pm

Yes, I like atypical. That's good. I don't mind if not everybody is into "we live together, we die together". If you read SR novels you know all the teams has at least one who is in for the money, or vengeance or some personal interest. But they are IN. They accept a simple fact, which is in the deepest nature of living creatures: when in danger, band together. The more allies you have, the better the chance of survival. Sparks managed to turn almost everyone against himself, except for Atashi whom he still insulted like hell, but miraculously she likes him. Because if an uncouth super-drekhead meats another it's not a signal for a flame-war, but for love (they cannot get along with people who try to get along with them, but they're just hugs and kisses with a person who's even actively insulting them with every second word - maybe I should try to kick Sparks in the kidney, and after that we would be BFF-s) Rolling Eyes

You can be cynical, ironical, cold, even poke or take shots on your allies and still get along. What Sparks doing is just plain stupid, he begs for beating in a mortally dangerous situation. Kinda like walking into an Irish bar which has a gasoline spilled on the floor, stand in it and revealing your "Your beer is week and so are you" T-shirt.

Last edited by Aalith on Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 12 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 2:31 pm

And actions speak louder than words. Sparks is in, he's been trying to get people out, and he's tried to keep his mouth shut. But the way he speaks is how he's learned to interact. By all means, when they get out of here, teach him some Etiquette. As far as Atashi and Sparks interacting goes, it's not all love and sparklies, as you've seen. But a large part of it is that both of them are probably so inured to the insults, they don't even notice them.
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 12 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 2:41 pm

A "swift kick in the groin" is also an action. I don't hate Sparks, I just want to get along, get out of there and get home (I kinda identify with my characters so it's "me"). By all means, he can insult all he wants, just don't be stupid about it. He's not a fighter, maybe he knows bullies and he deducted that fraggin' with the stronger (especially when you depend on them to protect you from a bunch of zombies) is not a wise thing.

The thing I want to say: he has no "mania", he's not compulsive, not mentally unstable, so he don't have an urge to be a hick. He's just unmannered but he don't have to be mean. In fact it's in his best interest to try to be polite (try but not succeed because he does not know how to express himself in a socially acceptable way, so, I don't know, instead of saying thank you, he just grabs your junk and shakes it thinking it feels good and not knowing it's socially awkward at least)

Last edited by Aalith on Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 12 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 2:46 pm

That one, he knew was dumb the second he did it. Frankly, if he'd gotten the chance, he would have apologized. It would have been fairly awkward and bass-ackwards, but he would have made it.
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 12 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 2:56 pm

Edited my last post and that's my final for today. See you guys tomorrow. After a good night sleep, everything will look better.
Until then, it feels good to talk things over. Thanks for sharing your point of view and listening to mine. I think we can reach consensus. Like a team Smile You see!!! I really enjoy playing with you guys even if sometimes it doesn't look like it.

Thank you and good night (or morning if you are on the other side of the world)!
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 12 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 5:16 pm

Hey Foust, you create quite a controversy. My hat is off to you, omae. I've enjoyed playing cantankerous characters in the past, but none have ever stirred up as much drek as Sparks (aptly named.)

How are you going to top this?
Razz
Back to top Go down
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 12 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 6:35 pm

What? You thought he got the nickname from his talents with electricity? No, it's because he could strike sparks dealing with a saint.
Back to top Go down
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
Starcraft

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexia Mooie Vos
Race: Fox Shapeshifter
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 12:49 am

and here i was trying to put insults on everything and yet it seems that sparks is the one not liked. Well i guess it's to be figured when Atashi is the only completely sane girl in the group and had a high IQ. even in RL i have noticed that those who have a large intelligence and know they do, tend to be cocky about it as well as look at others as being imbeciles. ... Well some of that and also taking in her age i guess i can see why she's tolerated better than sparks (even though he's a guy around the same age as Atashi, and its probably because of that)

Though i do have to admit it is fun to try and find intelligent insults that would be of the same level as Atashi's mentality
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 5:47 am

Hi Folks
I was really hoping to get to the IC thread last night and get some stuff taken care of so we could progress in character. Unfortunately when I left work last night I had a splitting headache and could barely see straight. I think I need to take up my yoga practice again, i never had headaches when I did that...

Anyway if I have some slow time at work I will update, otherwise I will try to get something tonight.

Granted I have been enjoying watching the OOC stuff.

Now Starcraft, the reason I see why Sparks is disliked more than Atashi is probably because he is more vocal. Atashi makes an insult to someone and its intellectual what Sparks is ranting raving and dropping the F-bomb every other word (And Atashi has yet to kick anyone in the nuts yet).
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 5:55 am

Any takers on who gets Atashi's first groin kick?
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 6:12 am

My money is on Sparks after he calls her 'tits' one to many more times Smile

Plus Sparks isn't the man with the gun
Back to top Go down
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 9:31 am

I'm betting on Shu if he keeps saying crazy things that creep everyone out.
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 10:15 am

Even Atashi won't kick an old man in the nutsack, would she? Maybe a smack on the head. If nut-cracking is in order, I think the surprise winner would be Andrew. After his "be nice to each other" speech. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 10:18 am

Yeah, but Andrew's annoying speech actually serves a useful purpose. Shu's just unnerves the hell out of everyone.
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 11:33 am

That's why I bet she will kick Andrew instead of Shu. To show her affection...
Back to top Go down
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 11:50 am

Somehow, I don't think physical violence is a sign of affection. Even to Uncouth characters, unless they happen to be trolls.
Back to top Go down
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
Starcraft

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexia Mooie Vos
Race: Fox Shapeshifter
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 11:51 am

switching modes is a free action, as such with the way i understand free actions they don't have to be done on your turn as well as going full VR affects my initiative roll so that's why i did it as for everything else weather or not its in the turn for Atashi, its already posted and all i have to do is wait for the GM. i just think its personaly better to get a big post in than a lot of smaller "one liners" in.

On another note. the last few posts i do not believe belong in the IC thread, thats what this OOC thread is for
Back to top Go down
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 12:04 pm

Nothing on the topic of who Atashi's going to kick in the balls?
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 12:17 pm

Starcraft wrote:
switching modes is a free action, as such with the way i understand free actions they don't have to be done on your turn as well as going full VR affects my initiative roll so that's why i did it as for everything else weather or not its in the turn for Atashi, its already posted and all i have to do is wait for the GM. i just think its personaly better to get a big post in than a lot of smaller "one liners" in.

On another note. the last few posts i do not believe belong in the IC thread, thats what this OOC thread is for

"A character may not take a Free Action prior to his first Action Phase in the Initiative Pass." SR4A 146
Back to top Go down
NickelB
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 74

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 1:40 pm

well, crap.

i didnt think my tryin to keep everyone focused would get me a kick in the balls. this sucks. haha...

Back to top Go down
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 1:48 pm

Pay attention, Andrew's speaking is USEFUL. Shu's is just very, very unnerving. Hence, Andrew is less likely to get the kick.
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 12:50 am

Faust, listen, it's not a serious discussion or anything, for god's sake it's about balls! I don't want to argue about this, it was just a joke on my part, assuming Atashi is not depending on reason when choosing her "targets". Andrew is a nice guy, and what he says IS useful plus he helped in the fight, so I think he's the most versatile and likable character in this game yet (this is just my personal thought, please don't argue about who's more likable). Just because he is so nice, maybe he gets on Atashi's nerves, I thought. But no biggie, if Shu gets the kick in his raisins I will not object.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Some Assembly Required -OOC
Page 12 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next