Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeSome Assembly Required -OOC - Page 8 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Some Assembly Required -OOC

Go down 
+6
Professor
Starcraft
Jagger
Faust
Aalith
No_Name
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 1:02 pm

wow, I was working on a post at the same time as the two before my last IC, so I didn't get those before I submitted mine.

but it seems to scan okay, so I'll let it ride...unless there are objections?
Back to top Go down
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2011-10-01

Character sheet
Character Name: Faust
Race: Human Drake
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 1:04 pm

No, it's good. Frankly, I was going to wait on Jhon to do some form of "Shut up, Sparks." before doing anything else.
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 1:06 pm

Starcraft I am going to need some type of 'Comfort Meera' Roll from you.
Back to top Go down
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 1:10 pm

Wow, we're going to scar that poor girl even worse than she already is, aren't we? I cannot find a single skill that might help outside of social......
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 1:17 pm

Exactly
It wouldnt be worth anything if flaws didn't come into play.
Atashi just made it really easy for me this time (thank you starcraft)
Back to top Go down
Professor
Meat
Meat
Professor

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2011-09-24

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 1:19 pm

before i post, He would ususally cast at Force 3. Though I don't see the reason for Force use in healing. The Force doesn't seem to effect the outcome, only how much drain he needs to deal with. If I'm missing something please let me know.

Prof
Back to top Go down
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 1:21 pm

Do you need a roll, or has popping the panel and doing the rewire pretty much rote at this point?
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 1:24 pm

Foust
This might constitute a 'spoiler' but Jhon has only been waiting for Sparks to blow his face...meh?
Back to top Go down
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
Starcraft

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexia Mooie Vos
Race: Fox Shapeshifter
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 1:27 pm

ok i posted the roll in an edit to my last post
Back to top Go down
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 1:29 pm

*chuckles*Actually, the "spoiler" is due to a slip St. Nougat made earlier, and I suggested a few ways to make use of it. I just figured OOC that if Jhon does have any familiarity with sparks, it probably has gotten to be rote for him, almost automatic.
Back to top Go down
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 1:32 pm

And there actually isn't a skill for comforting people.....So it'd probably be a straight Charisma roll for most people.
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 1:35 pm

Professor: it appears to me that force has nothting at all to do with a healing spell. The number of hits is the number of boxes healed (sorry channeling third ed again where it will only heal up to the for in boxes), and DV is (Damage Value)-2

Faust: Go ahead and give me a role to get through the door, this will give Jhon the change to see things blow up on you, it will also let you know how long it will take to get through it, Threshold 8, 1 minute intervals

As far as the 'Comforting' Roll goes, Cha + Etiquette would work, I let Ricky use Cha + Medical for the whole bedside manner thing.

Negotiation chould work as well, its all about making someone feel comfortable which could be etiquette, negotiation, or med

Last edited by St_Nougat on Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
Starcraft

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 1:35 pm

i would have figured it to be a negotiation check, however sense i don't have negotiation i default to charisma -1. however seeing as i don't have any social skills it will constantly be charisma -1 for me Very Happy

Last edited by Starcraft on Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 1:36 pm

Uncouth, you can't default on any Social Active skills.
Back to top Go down
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
Starcraft

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 1:45 pm

OK i found that again in the rule book, i knew i saw it somewhere before. however what i am curious about is if i cannot default on the skill, is that just meaning that it's impossible for me to make the test? this is now a matter for the GM to decide
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 1:48 pm

man, those GMs got the power, don't they...
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 1:50 pm

The other negative qualities that leave you 'unaware' in a skill specifically state that they player cannot default on that skill use. for example someone who is incompetent at Etiquette would not be able to default to Cha for that skill. Uncouth does not state that they Cannot Default, so I conclude that defaulting in possible.

Especially since it also says that the GM may require rolls for the player to do things that others take for granted, then defaulting would have to be possible.
Back to top Go down
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
Starcraft

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 3:52 pm

I'm going to have to insult everyone IC at least once. otherwise i wont have as much fun playing an Uncouth character Very Happy, actually i have the sneaking suspicion that the only one Atashi will try not to insult is Meera if for nothing else she is the only other girl with the group.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 4:06 pm

I'm not sure if that female ork guard is dead or just knocked out, but if she's alive there may turn out to be a third girl in the group (hint hint, mr GM sir.)
Razz
Back to top Go down
Faust
Team Leader
Team Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 4:51 pm

Starcraft wrote:
I'm going to have to insult everyone IC at least once. otherwise i wont have as much fun playing an Uncouth character Very Happy, actually i have the sneaking suspicion that the only one Atashi will try not to insult is Meera if for nothing else she is the only other girl with the group.

Only once? Sparks is basically looking to keep himself busy so that he doesn't insult people five times in a sentence.
Back to top Go down
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
Starcraft

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 4:56 pm

as i i said "At least" it will probably and most likely be more than once. and most definitely whenever someone does something to which she would think is stupid
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 10:22 am

There is still a club available and even the tray Labcoat was carrying can be used as a makeshift weapon.
Back to top Go down
Aalith
Team Leader
Team Leader
Aalith

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Tokko Tsuonomi
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 3:30 pm

So we are marching, it seems. Another map would be nice as a "where to...". And I would like to know how many shots I have in my two pistols (I assume they're not one-shot guns since the elf guard took 2 shots at me without reloading - and that gun is with Jhon, I have the once-shot lab coat and never used ork pistol)
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 3:56 pm

Tokko and Jhon have never seen a gun like this before, they cant even tell where the darts go in, so you have no idea how many shots you have left but since I dont feel like micro managing your shots the guns hold 6 darts when fully loaded.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 4:06 pm

...so not a chain-driven rapid-shot dartgun with extended drum magazines, eh?

ah well, experimental subjects can't be choosey...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Assembly Required -OOC   Some Assembly Required -OOC - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Some Assembly Required -OOC
Page 8 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next