Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeA Time For Secrets - POW Game SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

A Time For Secrets - POW Game

Go down 
+2
Kouryuu.LV
Gala
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

A Time For Secrets - POW Game Empty
PostSubject: A Time For Secrets - POW Game   A Time For Secrets - POW Game EmptyTue May 31, 2011 2:37 pm

This Thread is specifically to be used for the POW Game, hosted by Watashi, for the four "new recruits". Since we will be using a separate thread, this game can continue, as needed, until it is complete without impeding on the "A Time For Secrets" Storyline progression.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - POW Game   A Time For Secrets - POW Game EmptyTue May 31, 2011 2:38 pm

"Thank you, it is straining to throw my voice across the field. It is much more pleasant to have you close." Watashi says, maintaining his smile.
Game Stuff:
Viking: The Astral Body is clearly awakened. You can feel the "tug" of his request on your willpower, but as yet you are unsure as to it's power, since you would have complied with his first request regardless. Despite that you are convinced that there is magic involved, his Astral Presence, while obviously awakened, seems to be not currently using any magic. It is almost like he is dual natured. Beyond that: He is healthy, to a fault.
Oh: And yes, you Watcher did not see him approach. And as soon as he arrives in the field, your watcher warns you of his presence.
Larz: He does not appear to be armored. There are no footprints, which would indicate that you can't find them, or that he didn't walk to get there. His Thermal Signature appears to be unhampered by any thermal dampening clothing.
Ghost: That's a nice little Glitch there. Since I don't have any fun things to play on you, roll a drain resist against 2 boxes of magical drain (Shaman, so Will+Charisma, right?). Your Assensing reveals that he is awakened, most likely dual natured, and that he is healthy.

[EDIT] OOC: Sorry, hit send too soon...

"Here is what I have in mind." Watashi says, his smooth, multi-tonal voice flowing over the four of you. He reaches in to his inside-pocket of his jacket, pulling out four full-sized "Maglights". The strange contraptions that the Lone Star Beat-Cops used to use on the Seattle Streets. Mostly designed to be a blunt weapon, but equipped with a flashlight, for practical purposes. Strangely, there was clearly no possible way for the four flashlights to have fit within his well-fit tailored suit; but he pulled them out as though they fit most comfortably. He then hands one to each of you.
"If you attempt to turn them on, you will find that they work as expected." He says, smiling. He then goes on to describe a game, known in today's world as "POW", where the flashlights are the "guns" of the game, but must remain on at all times.
"And, to make sure that this game is enjoyable, I will create a physical barrier at about 100 meters radius from this spot, and inside of that physical barrier, I will affect night-like conditions. Also, if you please, turn off your cyberware enhancements, and please refrain from using magical enhancements to improve your chances of winning the game." He smiles, and nods as a few of you attempt to use your flashlights.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - POW Game   A Time For Secrets - POW Game EmptyTue May 31, 2011 2:38 pm

"So, please take your time to ask any questions about the game, and rules." He adds, finishing up his description of a war-like game, using flashlights as the primary weapon. As he finishes, the light around you all starts to fade, in a sort of simulated "twilight". Strangely, stars appear in the "Sky".

For those of you who don't know how to play "POW": It is a war game. The following are the rules:

1. Your flashlight must remain on at all times.
[EDIT] It must also be in your possession at all times.
2. You are "Tagged" if someone successfully illuminates you with their flashlight. (This would take a ranged-weapon + Agility (3) test: Firearms, pistols, specialty, thrown weapons, archery)
3. You are allowed to do anything within your power to avoid being "Tagged", including running away, hiding behind trees, dodging, ducking, rolling, etc.
4. Winner is "Last Person Standing"

Last edited by Gala on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2011-03-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Kouryuu.LV
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - POW Game   A Time For Secrets - POW Game EmptyTue May 31, 2011 2:44 pm

Gala wrote:
"So, please take your time to ask any questions about the game, and rules." He adds, finishing up his description of a war-like game, using flashlights as the primary weapon. As he finishes, the light around you all starts to fade, in a sort of simulated "twilight". Strangely, stars appear in the "Sky".

For those of you who don't know how to play "POW": It is a war game. The following are the rules:

1. Your flashlight must remain on at all times.
2. You are "Tagged" if someone successfully illuminates you with their flashlight. (This would take a ranged-weapon + Agility (3) test: Firearms, pistols, specialty, thrown weapons, archery)
3. You are allowed to do anything within your power to avoid being "Tagged", including running away, hiding behind trees, dodging, ducking, rolling, etc.
4. Winner is "Last Person Standing"

"So we have to act as if we did not had any special powers or equipment? Viking Drops his invisibility spell, and frees his spirit to go back to his own plane at least for now.
Is the usage of any equipment allowed at all? Hope we have not to strip for this one.
Guess assessing is then out of question as well?"

Viking tests if the Flash light is beam type or light giver [light bulb typ]

Takes a close look at the competition to determine their Meta type.

OOC wrote:
if you need a preception for those action, just say

Last edited by Kouryuu.LV on Tue May 31, 2011 2:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2011-03-07

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - POW Game   A Time For Secrets - POW Game EmptyTue May 31, 2011 2:45 pm

Sieg turns off his contact lense...as its pretty much the only "enhancement" he has.

Right so a game of laser tag then?...Do we have to scatter around first or?..
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - POW Game   A Time For Secrets - POW Game EmptyTue May 31, 2011 2:54 pm

Drain from glitch(2) Charisma6+willpower5=11d (11d6. hits(5)=4) Dammit, even looking at that guy gets to me.

Specter listened to the rules of the game. They sounded reasonable. When the area fell dark, she looked quite surprised. This must be some strong illusion. Or the guy is a spirit or something. Anyway, wow. She turned the flashlight in her hands while it got darker.

“Do we all start from here at once? That would be a bit like a Mexican holdout. Or do we all walk ten paces like in a multiple duel?” She smirked at the elf charmingly. Cac. Stop doing that Specter! She looked away with some effort of will. Looking at the flashlight in her hands again, the elf girl could already notice her skin glowing. Oh cac. This might be over too soon.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - POW Game   A Time For Secrets - POW Game EmptyTue May 31, 2011 3:02 pm

"Ahh, yes, starting positions. Thank you for the reminder. I always forget that part. I will give you all 30 seconds to find a suitable spot to begin play from. Any natural obstacle is, of course, desirable. The Physical Barrier which I have created will glow, slightly, so that you will clearly see it if you are near. It will not, however, give off enough light to identify you from more than, say, 10 feet away. So you needn't fear being close to it as a "Giveaway".
"And yes, please refrain from using any enhancements, other than training of course. Any of you who have special training in perception or in a weapons skill will likely have a bit of an advantage in this game. Also, please refrain from using the Astral for the duration of the game."
He replies. The darkness starts to settle in. As it becomes dark enough to need a flashlight, a light-ball appears over the center of the group, illuminating everyone present.
"Anyone who has been "Tagged" may return to this spot to wait out the remainder of the game. If I notice that your flashlight beam has been turned off, I will disqualify you, and you will be asked to return here as well. The same goes for any attempt to press through my Physical Barrier." He added, before pausing again to allow any further questions.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - POW Game   A Time For Secrets - POW Game EmptyTue May 31, 2011 3:09 pm

Before anyone has a chance to comment, however, Watashi's face shows a slight frown.
"Hmm, that presents an interesting challenge, doesn't it?" Watashi asks, noticing Specter's faint glow. "I wouldn't want that to affect the outcome..." He says, mostly speculatively. He waits for a few moments, looking somewhat thoughtful, and then waves his hands a bit, muttering some. A Listen check, threshhold 6 will yield a very interesting unimportant piece of information right now.
A few moments go by, and then Specter's glow visibly fades until it has receded beyond what your eyes can see. Interestingly, at the same time, those of you who have natural vision enhancements: your natural vision seems to "reset" itself to what you might consider to be a "Human's" natural eyesight. You don't like it one bit, but you recognize the challenge in the situation.
"Please, worry not. This is a non-permanent situational spell, much like a "Physical Mask" spell, but one adapted to this specific situation. I believe that this will set things more on a "level" playing field." He says, finally.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - POW Game   A Time For Secrets - POW Game EmptyTue May 31, 2011 3:12 pm

Gala wrote:
". If I notice that your flashlight beam has been turned off, I will disqualify you, and you will be asked to return here as well. The same goes for any attempt to press through my Physical Barrier." He added, before pausing again to allow any further questions.

Viking makes a grin "Do you have any way to tell if the flash-light is on but just not in your vision. Turning it off is just one way to diminish it's light output." He pulls of one of his AR gloves and put its on the and of the flash light, for demonstration, reducing the light to a few places where the Glove had been worne thin, but no one without a low light vision shoud be able to see it "would this still count as turned off?" There Where things Viking had learned while Camping in the Forests and orthodox thinking was one of them.

He does not mind loosing some of the advantages he had just for the levelling of the field, because the mightiest weapon of all is his mind, at least it should be.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - POW Game   A Time For Secrets - POW Game EmptyTue May 31, 2011 3:21 pm

Fair is fair. Can’t disagree on that. But by dragon, what a skill and power. I wonder if he’d teach me. Nonono. He’s messing with my mind! Blinking, she tried to adapt to the dishanced vision.

“Allright. I agree to the rules.” She stated formal. “For the duration of the game.”
Back to top Go down
Larzarus
Runner
Runner
Larzarus

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2011-05-11

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - POW Game   A Time For Secrets - POW Game EmptyTue May 31, 2011 6:56 pm

Greife wonders a little bit why nobody else was asking the interesting question: Yeah, I have two questions: Who are you? If Kesslan sends you, shouldn't be one of your caliber be with him and find this missing person instead of playing games here? Oh, that were two questions already,... correction, I have three questions: You said something about A reward?

Greifer starts looking around for a good starting point while there is light left. This game should be fun. Hopefully this dark spere will be dark also from the outside, otherwise we will look like Diogenes in Athen. Greifer isn't able to stop a little laugh about his inner joke. I doubt he would find a human in this group. Waiting for Watashi's answer, Greifer goes on, asking more questions, since he know from his past, 'If you don't know all rules, you never know when you break one and get disqualified.'

If the flashlight has to be on all time, are we allowed to cover it a little bit with our hands or direct the beam to the ground?
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - POW Game   A Time For Secrets - POW Game EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 9:30 am

"I suppose I should be unsurprised by ShadowRunners attempting to skirt the rules. I thank you for being up-front with your attempts, as that makes it easier for us to deal with them. So, in response to your question: The beam must not be intentionally obscured. Now, there are ways to conceal your wearabouts: You could point the beam directly up into the sky. As long as there are no tree branches over your head at that moment, no one will know where you are unless they are already near you.
"As for the reward: I am prepared to offer a monetary reward of 1000 Nuyen to the winner. Just to make things interesting, I will also be paying a reward of 500 Nuyen to the first person out."
Watashi chuckled at the look on the 'Runner's faces when they heard that being the first loser would pay. That was an interestingly novel idea.
"Since there are only four of you, I am hoping that paying the first person out will encourage "daring" behaviour, and make things interesting.
"Now, if there are no more questions?"
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - POW Game   A Time For Secrets - POW Game EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 9:41 am

Gala wrote:
" You could point the beam directly up into the sky. As long as there are no tree branches over your head at that moment, no one will know where you are unless they are already near you."
OOC wrote:
That actually not true, as there are always small things floating in the air like pollen and microbicidal beings, or even just dust that would show where your beam is going up, but will not to keep the fun from starting, I will just roll with it.

"No more questions from me. just say when we can start our preparations." Viking was not found of this game idea at first, but after loosing his advantages and seeing the others loosing theirs ha kinda got interested, adapting was the word of the game, learning to cope without magic or Cyberware, even your trusted gun and armour would not save you today.
Back to top Go down
Larzarus
Runner
Runner
Larzarus

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - POW Game   A Time For Secrets - POW Game EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 2:10 pm

Greifer wasn't quite sure if Watashi just not hear his question, so Again, who are you? Kesslan - Job - Find person?

Greifer hadn't much experience with magic so far but to produce such a big spere filled with darkness was impressiv. No wonder Ashe and Kesslan were so calm during the meeting in the mall. If something would had go wrong, klick, and the howl building would be filled with this darkness.

OOC: This are Greifers conclusions. Not mine.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - POW Game   A Time For Secrets - POW Game EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 2:26 pm

Underworld, I’d love to know that too, she thought at Greifers repeated question. She looked around into a world that was darker than she was used to. But her senses were adapting. “How do you know Kesslan?” She asked the elf too. "Other than that, I am ready."
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - POW Game   A Time For Secrets - POW Game EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 2:29 pm

Right..lets get started then while people are still discussing Sieg runs off and tries to (loose himself in the decors) hoping hes not starting to early
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - POW Game   A Time For Secrets - POW Game EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 8:19 am

"Kesslan will be here shortly. I will allow him to answer all of your questions when he arrives. In the mean time, let's get this game started, shall we?"

Ok, Initiative rolls from everyone. No one has any extra passes, you all get only one per round. That said, you can't turn off your Reaction Enhancements, so your Initiative roll needs to include your augmented reactions.
Also, as displayed by Sly, Stealth rolls will likely be useful.

A couple of "logistics" considerations:

1. If you're using your flashlight to search, that will give a +4 to Perception Tests against you.
2. If you're not using your flashlight to search, you will have a -2 to Perception Tests.
3. Actively "Firing" your weapon confers a +4 to Perception against you until your next Turn. You may use a Move Action (or Quickdraw rules) to return your flashlight to the "upright" position at the beginning of your next turn (but not before).
4. Firing requires a complex action.
5. To "Hit" someone, you need 3 net successes over their dodge roll.

I think that about covers it. And, you're off!
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - POW Game   A Time For Secrets - POW Game EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 10:53 am

Order: [Initiative/Stealth]
Sieg [17/2]
Dreifer [16/1]
Kap [11/3]
Darkon [9/1]
Viking [8/0]

The darkness finally settles in, allowing the team to disperse with relative impunity. Watashi's voice filters through the darkness, being picked up by everyone's ears clearly.
"30 Seconds until "Go Time." 29. 28..." His counting continues in his quiet "right next to you" voice, chasing you in to the darkness. You each manage to find what you consider to be a suitable starting position before he reaches "1".
"2. 1. Ok, start!" Watashi's voice picks up at the end, indicating his own excitement at the beginning of the festivities.

Sieg, you're up.
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - POW Game   A Time For Secrets - POW Game EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 1:46 pm

Trying to take a good distance Sieg goes around zizaging between obstacle his flashlight holstered in his jacket he tries ot make himself a moving target and ready himself mentally to duck anything he light he might encounter (readying action)

Last edited by Sly Hound on Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - POW Game   A Time For Secrets - POW Game EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 1:59 pm

Initiative roll rea3+int3=6d (6d6. hits(5)=3) = Initiative 9

Specter dashed off into the field. After most of the rest already went. Damn cyberware.

Infiltration (default) Agi3-1=2 (2d6. hits(5)=1)

She headed for a sink on the edge of the field where she could lay low, literally. The flashlight pointed straight up, maybe swaying a bit as she ran, sneaked and laid down.

From there she looked around.

Last edited by Darkon on Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Larzarus
Runner
Runner
Larzarus

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - POW Game   A Time For Secrets - POW Game EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 3:59 pm

When Greifer reached a place with a fallen tree or a bigger stone where he can hide behind, he puts his flashlight between to stones, so that the light beam is directed obliquely upward in the direction away from the center of the spere.
Then Greifer steps a few meters away from the flashlight so that his eyes get used to the darkness, usually something his vision enhanced glasses do for him.

Then still hiding behind the tree/stone he looks around if he sees one of the others?

Activ Looking: 4 hits

Activ Hearing: 2 hits

OCC: I don't know what additional modifier I get against Sieg or for the trick with the flashlight. I don't think I get any more penalty except the -2, so I can add some dice rolls later

Edit: Remembering the rules, instead of puting the flashlight down, he take his commlink, set the screen light to full power and lean it again a stone that way that its light shines againt a nearby bigger stone.
Then he steps a few meters away and make his perception tests.

Last edited by Larzarus on Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
johnnytenpins
Meat
Meat
johnnytenpins

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-12-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - POW Game   A Time For Secrets - POW Game EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 5:12 pm

With his back pressed against a tree trunk large enough to hide his dwarven figure, Kap slowly peeks to his right around the tree using his light to actively scan the arc to the left of and in front of his cover. Then turning over his other shoulder Kap quickly does a sweep to the right and front of his cover.

Simple Action:
Observe in Detail
Perception 2 + Intuition 3 =5
1 Hit

He curses not being able to use his enhanced goggles to help get a read on the others around him.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - POW Game   A Time For Secrets - POW Game EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 5:51 pm

From the small trench, Specter looked out, her head barely lifting above the grass. She also used her ears to listen, because of her inexperience with such a darkness.

Perception roll: Int3-1(defaulting)-2(malus for darkness)+3(actively looking/listening) (3d6. hits(5)=1)

She kept her breathing calm, despite the excitement of the 'hunt'.

Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - POW Game   A Time For Secrets - POW Game EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 6:39 pm

Viking did realize that he had been relaying to much on his Magic powers, his magic speed, perception, even guard. now sitting here in the dark he was an easy prey for every one with a bit of experience on this way of fighting. Viking saw only one way to level this disadvantage, a trap, at least this way he would have a fighting chance.
when the Starting signal was sounded he Went back the way he came trying to get near the starting point using his memory to remember any hinderence and run all the way back where Watashi was located, at least as near as he could get without losing outright. to set the trap he really did not care where the Flash light was pointing, even the opposite he tried to use it to signal his whereabouts and direction in a as discrete way as possible.

80m-25m=55m left

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - POW Game   A Time For Secrets - POW Game EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 10:05 pm

(Looking around) in the darkness Sieg tries to spot an hint of light out there...and to make himself an even harder target to hit (he tries to run as fast as he can) readying himself to duck at any moment hoping to get people attention by moving loudly.

(oh so stealth is down running to get the +2 defence when running bonus and readying an action and looking around 2 free action + 1 standard action)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets - POW Game   A Time For Secrets - POW Game Empty

Back to top Go down

A Time For Secrets - POW Game
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next